• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 26, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 Soulsborne has helped me become a better father

    Dark Souls 2 Soulsborne has helped me become a better father


    Soulsborne has helped me become a better father

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 04:18 AM PST

    It seems with each passing generation we lose a little bit of those challenges and struggles that helped develop character of generations past. While we have gained comfort, we have lost the heat of the forge strengthened our psychological steel.

    As a man in his early forties, I grew up in an era where there was quite a bit of controversy regarding the merits of gaming towards the psychological development, social benefits and general health and well being associated with gaming. Whereas I had been censured for my pursuit of gaming by my own well intentioned parents our of their concern for this new and mysterious technology that has captivated my attention and so much of my time, I found that there was far too much gained to rob my 4 year old daughter of the opportunity to explore gaming directly and benefit from my own experience as a gamer.

    How Soulsborne some elements of my parenting style:

    - When you fail try again. Try something new and try again. Or master the old way and try again.

    - Failure is an opportunity for learning.

    - If something is too easy, it's probably not worth your time.

    - Your fear is the greatest obstacle to your victory. Fear of the monsters before you. Fear of your lack of ability. Fear of failure. Don't let the abyss of your own fear fulfill the self made prophesy of your defeat.

    - Take time to enjoy the mystery, stories and scenery of the real world and gaming world, no matter how insurmountable the odds or hectic it might be.

    - There is always a better way of doing things

    - There are interesting equally effective ways of doing things

    - Take a break. Then come back.

    - If you have given it all, do some research. Learn from the wisdom of others.

    - If even that fails, Daddy will always your Sunbro.

    "Seek Strength. The rest will follow."

    submitted by /u/Dante-X
    [link] [comments]

    To Undead who might be lonely: Merry Christmas

    Posted: 25 Dec 2019 02:06 PM PST

    I know some of us have seen more their fair share of hardships this year.

    I raise my sword to you.

    Some are bereft by spirits that ought to have helped.

    I raise my shield to you.

    There are those with ailments soul deep

    I offer my soapstone to you.

    To caretakers, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters

    Of whom have worked so hard

    To mend mind and heart

    To maketh lands close that feel so far apart

    In the Brightest Light

    Deepest of Dark

    I hold this Estus to you.

    You are the True Monarch.

    Merry Christmas, Skeletons

    submitted by /u/Vorsprizechikun
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got platinum trophy on one of my 0 death/0 bonfire characters

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 09:15 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/ZUo9EEm

    It is finally done! The platinum trophy on one of my 0 death 0 bonfire characters c:

    submitted by /u/Liliththe13
    [link] [comments]

    Lost Sinner

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 01:21 PM PST

    Will she respawn if I use a bonfire ascetic? Cause I really liked that fight

    submitted by /u/InfiniousBeatz
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, I'm very new and ive already made a few posts.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 03:34 AM PST

    And I'm gonna start streaming some dark souls, I have a short video of a guitar, prolly become a bard haha sing to a few summons. Sing some original on the spot music, maybe a few prewritten peices. But generally dark souls related. Cool non-diegetic music they play. I'll also fight some monsters and be a good brother of blood. Blood to the blood god, all hail.

    I love you guys and hope you enjoy my play through

    Edit: Stream link, cause i should've done that earlier:twitch.tv/prometheusblue45

    Thank you so much for all the upvotes!

    submitted by /u/PrometheusBlue
    [link] [comments]

    I require assistance

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 09:44 AM PST

    So I am still on ng with my sorcerer. I got my 50 intelligence and I am using the staff of wisdom. I defeated the giant spider and I saved her soul cuz I saw that you can get crystal soul spear from Straid for exchange of her soul. But I realized I need the extra ng+ soul that Freja drops. So I burnt a bonfire asthetic in the last bonfire but the boss did not reset. What to do?

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Skeleton Lords

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 12:51 PM PST

    I was thinking about the fact that the skeleton Lords are the bosses of huntsman's copse. So you've got the first part of the level which is the massive hunting ground with the forested hills, then you cross that bridge, and you get into a slight catacomb area. And right after this are the skeleton Lords.

    I'm sort of wondering about this area of the copse. Why are there suddenly these caves filled with skeletons, is this supposed to be the area where the corpses of the slain were interred, those who had been hunted? And is that why the bosses are skeleton Lords? Almost gives me the impression that they are like quislings, betraying their own undead kind in service of the genocidal Lords.

    submitted by /u/Cagliostro2
    [link] [comments]

    Visions of sugar plums...

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 10:35 AM PST

    Merry soulsmas, need dark souls Christmas puns

    Pleas and thanks

    submitted by /u/OtherGandalf
    [link] [comments]

    I NEED TO VENT!!!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 01:49 PM PST

    i spent 3 fucking hours to grind petrified dragon bone and gring to 75 strength to powerstance 2 iron kings hammers only to find out the l2 DOESNT FUCKING EXPLODE? WHY. THATS THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THE WEAPON

    submitted by /u/turtlebambi
    [link] [comments]

    How can someone be able to put so much fight with a broken sword?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 01:40 PM PST

    so i got invaded today in dragon aerie from a naked guy with a broken sword allthough he didnt make almost any damage on me it was imposible to hit him... our fight lasted 35 minutes i just couldnt kill him i back stabbed him several times but the damage i was doing was unusually low (probaly some ring?) anyway he was back at max hp in a matter of seconds + he was lagging so i could never know in time what he was doing...

    anyway he was using the aoe heal spell, and then he was just wasting my time up until he got bored and finshed me off with a poison pike skill... backstabs didnt work on an unnarmored guy nor normal hits were doing anything... jeez what was that build???

    he later sent me a picture that he beat me without anything and laughing -.- .... technically he used at least 50 corrosive urns + multiple times he replenished with magic uses+ and finshed me of with that annoying poison pike technique

    edit: i am running a very high poise and poisebreak character and yet he was stunlocking me with a broken sword... how?

    submitted by /u/Enchantedmango1993
    [link] [comments]

    Saving boss souls?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 09:41 AM PST

    Is it worth to save boss souls on the first play through of a character? I believe you can trade in their souls for boss weapons. Though for a first run through of a character I dont think trading in thousands of souls for a weapon is worth it. I would totally go for it in NG+ though.

    submitted by /u/BDMW96
    [link] [comments]

    The perfect pyromancer build!?!?!?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 12:43 PM PST

    Hi there, I would like to know your opinion for a effective pyromancer build (lvl120)... I've been struggling to find the optimal build. Thx for the help :D

    submitted by /u/andrepestana5
    [link] [comments]

    W: black dragon straight sword H: ask SM 1m. SL 111

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 12:01 PM PST

    I have been grinding for awhile but no i havent had any luck, i don't have much exept a couple of boss souls/weapons.

    submitted by /u/Jarstedt16
    [link] [comments]

    Any spare Insolent Armor?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 11:48 AM PST

    The Schilar of First Sis has been a huge pain in the ass, and I just found out the armor I need for my build is no longer regularly available. I'm sitting at just under a million souls and am wondering if any kind folks have a spare insolent set laying around that I could have to help complete my paladin build? I can try and offer something in return but I'm afraid I dont have much in the way of weapons or armor.

    submitted by /u/N3ckbone
    [link] [comments]

    Don't npc's realise we are busy??

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 03:03 AM PST

    I get into iron keep and take out npc sharon then I died by that rock dragon statue haha...so I return and Armorer Dennis thinks it's a great idea for a melee while I'm in the middle of another fight and kills me,ffs. CURSE YOU ARMORER DENNIS!

    submitted by /u/Dezzle6
    [link] [comments]

    Drakeblood GreatSword vs. Claymore

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 07:39 AM PST

    10 minutes ago:

    I am at Eleum Loyce's first bonfire, after defeating Aava and talking to Alsanna do melt the Ice, i equip my Defender's Greatsword (just bc i feel like using it) and start to explore.

    8 minutes ago:

    Literally, i just passed the fountain, and this greatsword is about to break, and this time i don't want to use repair powder... Guess i'll have to switch to a non-swingy weapon (yikes)

    5 minutes ago:

    After grabbing some key and buyng a Claymore from Vengarl, here i am, at McDuff's place, i check my inventory, there is my Claymore, but also a Drakeblood Greatsword (DBGS) i had totally forgotten about...

    So, the DBGS does not look bad at all, but i have heard wonders about the Claymore... which one should i upgrade?

    My damage stats:

    STR: 20

    DEX:20

    INT:6

    FTH:50

    submitted by /u/WitnesSoul
    [link] [comments]

    Killed Forlorn multiple times, still cant buy full armor set off straid?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 07:37 AM PST

    I remember killing forlorn several times through my play-through but i can only buy three armor pieces off straid, no chest or weapons? Isn't it supposed to be sold after four kills for the armor? Also, i cant get the forlorn to spawn in any location anymore?

    submitted by /u/Mysophobic
    [link] [comments]

    Finished the game and...

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 11:13 AM PST

    Hey guys so I just finished the game and I pressed to begin a second journey without the intention, can I undo this thing or am I screwed? Because I still had to complete the DLCs

    submitted by /u/felpozera1337
    [link] [comments]

    Emerald Herald grave

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 07:06 AM PST

    Hey so I accidentaly killed the emerald herald (fire keeper in Majula). And um its been some time and the grave still didn't appear. I read 2 things, one that I have to kill 3-6 bosses for it to spawn or wait 5 ingame hours. Is this true? I've already killed like 5 bosses and waited around 5 hours and it still didnt appear. I don't want to progress because I made like 800k souls and I don't want to lose them. Does using bonfire ascetic and killing the same boss not count?

    submitted by /u/madfucko
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended mods?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 09:15 AM PST

    Just started yet another playthrough of DS2. I heard there are mods out there, but haven't been able to find any for the latest version of the game. Looking for Mod recommendations for version 1.02 (2.02) SotFS on Steam. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ezkatkablin
    [link] [comments]

    Staff of wisdom

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 09:01 AM PST

    Has anyone made a mod to make the staff of wisdom shorter or just make your spells come out lower? Pretty annoying to have mobs gank you instead of being dead because their up in your face so it goes straight over their heads.

    submitted by /u/Etizolamnotworkinb
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there so many bloodstains near the 3rd bonfire of Iron Keep?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 05:10 AM PST

    I am referring to this area as other than the fires it doesn't seem so dangerous.

    https://imgur.com/a/3DpmU27

    submitted by /u/Beezyo
    [link] [comments]

    XBOX One Controller not working

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 07:31 AM PST

    I bought an xbox controller cause my ps4 controller stoped working only on ds2 but now the xbox controller is the same, it works in every game but not in ds2. It even recognizes on steam. Please help me :(

    submitted by /u/WhYouRun
    [link] [comments]

    Which one do you think is better? SOFTS or Vanilla?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 02:49 AM PST

    I didn't find any topic with objective and clear explanations about it, so I made this topic.

    submitted by /u/sinnerl
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment