• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 11, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 I'm doing an extinction run.

    Dark Souls 2 I'm doing an extinction run.


    I'm doing an extinction run.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 06:37 AM PST

    I've reached Sinner's Rise despawning almost every map, but i'm now following any rule, for example:

    Things Betwix - Not even started. Since the branch is needed to clear the hole map, i will do later.

    FOFG - Almost done, except for salamanders area (annoying and decided to do later) and memories since i need to reach ancient dragon to unlock them.

    Heide's Tower - Done.

    Cathedral of Blue - Done.

    No-man's Wharf - Done.

    The Lost Bastille - Done.

    Belfry Luna - Done.

    Sinner's Rise - Done.

    Now i will head to huntsman corpse till iron keep.

    Here's a pic with my stats so far:

    https://imgur.com/a/vOeo2MQ

    I have used tseldora set and silver senpent ring +1 almost all the time. I stopped using when i reache belfry luna, since i was invaded a lot of times.

    As soon as i reach the next primal bonfire i will update you guys.

    Edit: I'm streaming the run on twitch - my channel is VastoPower. When i finish the whole thing i will post a video with the entire game desert.

    submitted by /u/VastoBrailko
    [link] [comments]

    Is slave knight Gael (dark souls 3 ringed city) affiliated with the forlorn?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 10:51 PM PST

    • there's a slight similarity of outfits between them.

    • while Gael is praying in the cathedral of the deep, he says (mother of the forlorn, edit: with no place to call home)

    • the forlorn being "forlorn" and having no connection to a "world to call home" by their armor's description, it would fit them to be looking for a home world, and seeking a painted world or the restoration of said painted world.

    Could it be that the forlorn where the ancient slave knights or Gael was a forlorn at one point?

    (will post in both ds2 and ds3 subreddits)

    submitted by /u/Marcustheeleventh
    [link] [comments]

    It's True, Dark Souls 2 SOTFS Is My Favorite Souls Game

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 03:52 PM PST

    Now I know half the community thinks it's the red headed step child of the series and some even think it's bad. For me, there is no such thing as a bad Souls game. Anyways DS2 is my favorite because it is different in all the right ways. Now the contention comes from some areas feeling unfinished and somewhat bland and I agree with that but it also has some of the most beautifully fleshed out areas in the series as well. What I love so much about DS2 is the scope of the world itself. It truly feels like the most open world and open ended journey in the Souls series for me. There is also so many secrets and discoveries to be made that even to this day im still discovering on my 5th full playthrough. I also really enjoy King Vendrick and all the Giant Memories etc. I do wish we could dive into Vendrick even more than what was given but it still was great. But what really does it for me is the old world charm DS2 has more than the others. I like the characters we encounter along the way and the world does feel more lived in even although it's dead. The music especially has a more charming tune to it. Idk exactly how to pinpoint what it is about DS2 that just makes me want to stay here but it's a different feeling in this game the others don't have. The combat feels good to me although it lacks in the sound feedback department where other Souls games nailed that aspect. But I find alot of the games flaws to be what grows on me most. It's truly a weird dichotomy but idk what else to say but I friggen love DS2.

    submitted by /u/YourCousinVinny2254
    [link] [comments]

    Red Iron Twinblade is awesome but....

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 01:01 PM PST

    I found love in a different weapon.Yes the twinblade is super broken against bosses,which i love,i melted through them untill i had finally the stats to use a weapon i wanted to for soooo long...The Fume Greatsword.i absolutely love this weapon and damn it deals some damage!I was wondering tho,should i infuse it or leave it as it?

    All i want now is to level up some vitality to wear some heavier armor and be able to fast roll with all my shit on as well but 95k per level aint cheap xD

    submitted by /u/Noobie_xD
    [link] [comments]

    A long and fascinating interview transcription translation of DS2 director and artists

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 05:24 PM PST

    It's a bit old and long so some here may have read it, but I haven't and found it absolutely fascinating. Part 1. Part 2. Part 3. Part 4.

    Here's some cool tidbits I garnered from it:

    • In concept stages Majula was supposed to be much larger, stretching to the ocean and connected to the top and bottom levels by rope(The Dragon Aerie and the lower section of Brightstone Cove Tseldora)

    • In the first Harvest Valley design, a poisonous mist filled the entire map and you had to redirect the water to start the windmills.

    • TIL that Drangleic Castle was the first area ever in the DS series to have rain.

    • The Dragon Riders was supposed to ride two-legged dragons

    • The ogre was based on hippo skulls!

    • The Gyrm Warriors originally was supposed to be citizens of Gutter working as manual labourers for the king(and they are NOT dwarves!)

    lots more but just wanted to share with others who love DS2 as much as I do.

    submitted by /u/Akumetsu33
    [link] [comments]

    help with the accoustic guitar on the majula song

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 02:30 PM PST

    Well, I just created a reddit account to ask this:

    I recently starded playing accoustic guitar and, for now, I've been playing with tuning. So I happily tuned my guitar to open D#7M9 and was trying out harmonics using the capo in different frets as I stumbled in a familiar sound, with the capo in the second fret, the three 12-fret-harmonics of the light strings made the first sound of the Majula song. As I'm a very bad guitar player, I would like some help to complete this song

    submitted by /u/KinboteOnFire
    [link] [comments]

    Is a lightning infused bow of want good?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 02:17 PM PST

    Working towards 50 faith my stats rn are:

    Vrg:40 End:40 Vit:20 Atn:20 Str:40 Dex:40 Adp:20 Int:6 Fth:40

    I made a holy warrior type build involved 33 lightning spears and sunlight blade

    submitted by /u/KILLERGRAMZ360
    [link] [comments]

    I love this game

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 05:09 PM PST

    Imersion is my favorite part of any game and this game really makes you feel lost and confused. I come from darksouls 3 and it was linear and forgiving and whem I came to this game for the first time i spent 30 mins exploring everything. So far ive killed 2 bosses and im planning on killing all of them.

    submitted by /u/labratLCA
    [link] [comments]

    How active is this piece of s... in XBOX ONE

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 12:55 PM PST

    SM is around 1.9 Million, re-spec yesterday and got me an Experimental STR build that I would like to test but even in the areas with activity I was unable to connect to anyone.

    I always get the connection error when using the CREO and even switched to the BoB covenant but nothing appears to work.

    So I am giving up on the 360 version and will just move on to XBOX ONE, does anyone know if its active enough?

    submitted by /u/Xx_Khepri_xX
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a 100% accurate source for item locations, drop rates, enemy locations, etc?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 06:35 PM PST

    I'm thinking of making a Dark Souls 2 information API and could use this info, even if it's just a spreadsheet someone made years ago or something.

    submitted by /u/chroipahtz
    [link] [comments]

    Question about soul memory

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 11:57 PM PST

    Hi i play on ps4 and ive been trying to get the right soul memory to play with people, ive gotten really far at 378k memory +agape ring but maybe i need to raise it? What is the soul Memory most ppl seem to play at? Im currently doing the DLCs, thanks~

    submitted by /u/Liliththe13
    [link] [comments]

    Dragonslayer's Crescent Axe FTW!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 02:40 PM PST

    I'm reaching the end of my second playthrough including DLCs, and I was started to get bored with my preferred weapon choices. For fun I tried out the Dragonslayer's Crescent Axe and found I loved its moveset. It's not the lightest or most powerful axe, but with +5 and lightning or fire buffs it's puts out a good amount of damage, quickly.

    I won't bore you with the stats: https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragonslayer%27s+Crescent+Axe#fex

    The regular attack seems faster than it should be and you seem to get some extra reach by leaning in with every cut. The running attack is a blur. The two-handed normal attack is ideal for hordes, and it seems to track pretty well. I haven't done any PvP with it, but that's my plan tonight.

    I only have one axe in my inventory for some reason (must have sold the first one like an idiot) but I'm going to use a few ascetics so I can have one of every kind (fire, lightning, poison, dark, bleed, enchanted, raw), and so I can dual wield and try out the powerstance.

    I'm seriously thinking of doing my third playthrough with no shields at all and making this my primary weapon.

    submitted by /u/hobbitlover
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about purchasing on PS4

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 05:41 PM PST

    One thing I loved from DS1 was doing invasions, particularly in Anor Londo, and I've heard this game has the best pvp out of the series.

    So.. is the online activity dead on ps4?

    submitted by /u/CoconutThiefIdv
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody have a warlock mask they can drop me? im on xbox one

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 08:15 PM PST

    ive been playing this game since it came out and still have never gotten this stupid mask if anyone feels like being super nice my gamer tag is shawytbad

    submitted by /u/HiechSouLs
    [link] [comments]

    Are Bleed or Poison infusions worth it in PvE?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 02:56 PM PST

    I've never messed around with infusions and don't know much about them. I got to thinking about how a twinblade with a bleed infusion might be fun but I don't ever pvp.

    submitted by /u/Amygdalan_username
    [link] [comments]

    Good weapons for new player

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 06:26 PM PST

    I got sotfs on sale last week and have been thoroughly enjoying it. Ive been upping my strength dexterity and adaptibilty(ADP?). Ive pretty much have just been using an upgraded bastard sword that does around 210 damage, and the craftsmans hammer. Ive just killed the lost sinner (and ruin sentinels, last giant, dragon rider, flexile sentry). What are some good weapons for this point in the game for a new melee player, and where can they be found?

    submitted by /u/skullyturtle
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment