• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 11, 2019

    Dark Souls I HATE people who say Dark Souls isn't hard

    Dark Souls I HATE people who say Dark Souls isn't hard


    I HATE people who say Dark Souls isn't hard

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 10:21 PM PST

    "It's punishing, not hard"

    "It's unforgiving, not hard"

    "It's challenging, not hard"

    When they say this stuff, they're just explaining what makes it hard. It IS punishing, it IS unforgiving, it IS challenging. That doesn't mean it's not hard.

    Thanks for coming to my TED Talk

    Edit: When I say this, I mean that I don't like people who just HAVE to say that the game isn't hard anytime I say I'm having a hard time or I personally am finding it difficult.

    submitted by /u/N1vi
    [link] [comments]

    When I do not know what to play I pick dark souls 1. It just the game to relax and chill. Especially for the wait for Elden Ring useful

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 01:16 PM PST

    I just like the game very much that it grow on me

    submitted by /u/Nibelungen342
    [link] [comments]

    Why?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 07:01 PM PST

    I somewhat made it through Blighttown slain Quelaag and i felt like a million Dollars just to open the gates to bitchass Sens Fortress?? Which sadistic Asshat thought of this fuckshit

    submitted by /u/LA457
    [link] [comments]

    I BEAT ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 07:21 PM PST

    And holy shit Gywnevere is like Damn

    I actually feel like I did something The music , Her tone , The vibe . After so much stress with me and smough both being one hit from death and finally taking him out . Then to meet the oppai of oppai's congratulating me. I feel...good

    submitted by /u/dezmo369
    [link] [comments]

    Well, shit

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 11:41 PM PST

    While I'd been waiting to invade I had been trying to make the jump onto the township wall. I finally made it after like 100 attempts, then the invasion started. I lost. And now there it is. Now I just need to somehow repeat the fluke jump again...

    https://i.imgur.com/4z4vXUj.jpg

    I had around 800K souls and 90 humanity in that stain... :(

    submitted by /u/eclipse666
    [link] [comments]

    Beating a boss to an inch of his life

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 02:00 PM PST

    Is there in these games any feeling that is as contradictory as getting killed by a boss who's one hit away from dying?

    It's fucking infuriating, but at the same time there's a thrill to head back to the arena knowing how close you are to beating the boss.

    And well when it's a good boss, you're sort of glad to get another go at him.

    It just happened to me with Artorias, and it happened to me in DS3 (first Souls game I played) with Nameless and Gael.

    submitted by /u/labbe12
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 or 3 after DS1 questions

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 01:27 AM PST

    Some backstory: I recently got Sekiro and couldn't put it down, easily one of the best games I've ever played. Afterwards I decided to give DS1 a shot, I had tried Demons a long long time ago and stopped half way so I assumed the Souls style games just weren't for me.

    DS1 was...alright? Perhaps my expectations were just off, especially coming off Sekiro, but it was not quite the game I thought it'd be. After an initial period of having to learn to massively dial down my aggression, the game became fairly easy, seems like the game tests patience more then anything else because most enemies are very slow with limited movesets on top of being kind of passive. Traversing the map was way harder than most boss fights (although bed of chaos can just fuck right off).

    My favorite part was probably the DLC actually. So with that said I'm curious where to go from here.

    1. How are the runbacks/bonfire placement in either game? I've heard DS2 runbacks are even worse then DS1's, and that was one of my least favorite parts of the game.
    2. How are the bosses in either title? Sekiro really sucked me in with how good the boss fights could be, and DS1 kind of lacked overall in that department. The DLC fights being the main exceptions with a few good base game ones here or there.
    3. Which has the better area design over all? The second half of DS1 began to frustrate me a bit with the areas, especially Lost Izalith and the Dukes Archive/Crystal Caves. It felt really cheap and tedious compared to the rest of the game.

    I'll be playing either title on PC if that makes a difference, but I think both are good on PC now (?). I'm tempted to just play the rest of the series in order but I've heard so many bad things about DS2, and I don't know how overblown it is.

    submitted by /u/Rakatok
    [link] [comments]

    I'm quite new to DS3 and I feel like I'm doing my character stats wrong

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 03:27 AM PST

    level 49 just beat Abyss Watchers

    Vigor - 21

    Attunement - 10

    Endurance - 21

    Vitality - 18

    Strength - 18

    Dexterity - 18

    Intelligence - 8

    Faith - 13

    Luck - 11

    starting class was herald and I am currently wearing the Catarina set with exile gauntlets and my main weapon is a fire infused Longsword +4 (130 physical, 130 fire) and my current shield is the Dragon Crest Shield

    I have no clue how to parry, riposte or properly use weapon arts, my playstyle is just shield myself till an opening arrives

    so is there anything glaringly wrong or strange with this setup or anything that I could improve on? if any more info is needed feel free to ask, I'd be more than happy to answer

    submitted by /u/Mr_InTheCloset
    [link] [comments]

    Got the Remaster and started playing again...

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 01:33 AM PST

    ...and then I hit the Capra Demon's arena. I hate that tiny room with a passion.

    My problem is self inflicted, the retrieval is distracting me from the fight. Eventually I'll get him, but I don't think it will be today.

    submitted by /u/Wacelon
    [link] [comments]

    Been Running a Dark Souls Dungeons and Dragons 5e game and want to share some of the monsters players have faced.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 09:37 AM PST

    NG+

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 10:37 PM PST

    I feel like sorcerers are broken because when I did a build I wound up putting out 7k+in dmg. I more so want to talk about the system in play here and the scaling.

    submitted by /u/slenderhobo420
    [link] [comments]

    I'm beginning to see why people love Dark Souls

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 07:12 AM PST

    I've owned Dark Souls for a while now and only really dedicated myself to the game yesterday and I'm finally seeing the appeal and enjoying it. Here's what happened. I was going through the motions with the first part of the game, Undead Burg, Taurus Demon, that kind of thing. Then I remembered reading about how you can get the Drake Sword by using a bow to shoot the Wyvern's tail. I got the sword and a new feeling of power overcame me, like I could take on the world. I proceed up the ladder and stairs that come after that bridge and get my skull caved in by the black knight at the top of the tower. Instead of quitting, I sat there with a hole in my head and said 'Again!'. I go back and then take the other route and then get my shit kicked in by that iron boar thing. Said 'Again!'. Got my ass kicked a third time and had to go to bed. Really starting to love the game.

    submitted by /u/Dr_Elegance
    [link] [comments]

    Blight town is pissing me tf off

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 12:34 PM PST

    :( tf is this place

    submitted by /u/comb0s
    [link] [comments]

    New player question about invasions

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 03:00 AM PST

    Hey y'all,

    I got Dark Souls for the 360 as a gift about 6 years ago. Played it and got up to the Bell Gargoyles, where I promptly got stuck and abandoned the game for what I thought would be forever.

    Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, I saw the remaster on sale on Steam and decided "eh, what the hell, let's give this another try." I seem to be doing much better this time around (currently in the bottom of Blighttown grinding slugs so I can upgrade my weapon) - with the exception of the invasions.

    Each time I get invaded, it seems to go more or less the same. Someone pops in and starts attacking me - and before I can do anything more than put my shield up, they've teleported behind me and backstabbed me for my entire health bar.

    It's gotten to the point where I genuinely don't see the purpose in un-hollowing myself except for when I need to kindle a bonfire.

    What gives? Is it the netcode being shitty? I did some coop to earn a few sunlight medals and it seemed fine there.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_GOOD_DOGS
    [link] [comments]

    So... I have finished ds1 ds2 and ds3 and i want to proceed furthee with this seriÄ™, however i do not own ps3 Or ps4 and i wanted to ask: Is there an emulator for bloodborne or demon souls to PC?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 02:15 AM PST

    Which hard souls boss were you able to kill on your first try

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 10:26 PM PST

    For me it was Manus. I still remember I was up at 3 AM on a school night already having decided that I would finish the DLC. Runaway from all the humanities went in the boss fog door. Tanked every hit for some reason and killed Manus. Then I proceeded to Kill Gywn on my first play try. Slept through most of school the next day. Worth it.

    submitted by /u/choosen-undead
    [link] [comments]

    capra demon

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 10:13 PM PST

    im i the only one that thinks capra demon is really easy???i mean i see people saying its hard and annoying but it just seems like another boss....or im i missing something??or im i really that good...heheheh

    submitted by /u/wisemanhere
    [link] [comments]

    I am literalley stuck.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 01:39 AM PST

    I just killed bell gargoyle's (wich btw took like 3 hours), ringed the bell and like nothing happened. Where am i supposed to go now?!

    submitted by /u/JustBePositiveO_o
    [link] [comments]

    Class Covenants

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 02:58 PM PST

    I want to try to align each starting class (except deprived) with a different covenant. So far I have:

    Knight-Warriors of Sunlight Thief-Darkwraiths (maybe) Hunter-Forest Hunters Pyromancer-Servants of Chaos Cleric-Way of White

    Can you guys help me out with the rest?

    submitted by /u/Chromboed
    [link] [comments]

    So after so long I have finally done the DLC in Dark Souls and oh my was it worth it!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 11:41 AM PST

    So I've played Dark Souls since release and every FROMSOFTWARE title since including Demon's Souls.

    Anyway, I have always had a love for Dark Souls as a game and as a franchise. This franchise has been there for me in my worst and darkest of times and it has helped me through them far too many times. Dark Souls, Dark Souls ll and Dark Souls lll are just a franchise where I (and many others) don't feel so alone and feel like there is hope in the world.

    I don't know why it has taken me his long to do the DLC in Dark Souls but damn am I glad I did it!! I loved the Artorias boss fight and the lore behind him❤️

    The Sanctuary Guardian was a brilliant introduction to the DLC and was quite an elegant boss fight.

    Kalameet was an amazing boss and I can see where the ideas for Sihn and Darkeater Midir came from in later titles.

    Finally, Manus Father of the Abyss was just an extraordinary way to end the DLC! The fight was amazing and the silver pendent really comes into its own!

    Overall, I want to thank you for reading this far and for listening to my brief story of why I love Dark Souls so much. Thank you all and may the flames guide thee! ❤️

    submitted by /u/russell715
    [link] [comments]

    Placing the lordvessel

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 06:10 PM PST

    So, after acquiring the Lordvessel (first playthrough) I went back to firelink in the hopes of speaking to the Snake (I believe it's Frampt, the one next to the graveyard). However, I accidentaly fell down the pitt, which lead me to the Lordvessel place. After I placed it, Frampt seemed to be mad at me, and the other snake is not there. I've heard you can place the Lordvessel for any one of them. Did I fuck up?

    submitted by /u/LukeDK461
    [link] [comments]

    Strength Weapon

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 04:36 PM PST

    I've started playing a strength character with strictly no magic at all. I wanted to know what some end game weapons were if anyone had any thoughts. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Pedwink
    [link] [comments]

    I just dont know what im doing :S

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 11:38 PM PST

    I've owned dark souls 1, 2 scholar and 3 for eons now(mostly through humble bundle), but i just cant get into it because i have no clue what im doing. I finally beat the first real boss of Dark Souls 1 on the bridge just cause i kind of cheated and saw someone say go pyromancer to make it easier. I've tried melee a bunch before but couldnt get past that boss for the life of me.

    Wtf can i do just to figure out the game? i have no clue what stats to put into. Feel like i just get wrecked and cant figure it out and its frustrating as hell

    submitted by /u/Dracidwastaken
    [link] [comments]

    Which is best

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 07:24 PM PST

    Dark souls 1/Dark souls 2 /Dark souls 3

    I can only afford one right now so anything will be helpful

    submitted by /u/GoldFishOnCrack
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment