• Breaking News

    Friday, November 1, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Fashion Friday.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 11:10 PM PDT

    What does your current PvP character look like? If your character has a back story to go with their personal fashion statement we'd like to hear that, too!

    Don't forget to check out /r/fashionsouls for all of your fashion needs.


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Well boys, I did it. I killed Gwyn and linked the fire.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:20 PM PDT

    That makes two FromSoft games I've beaten. Now, on to Dark Souls 2...eventually.

    submitted by /u/Taograd359
    [link] [comments]

    It Came From The Abyss - Poster

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:13 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/LWAFdrc

    I've been trying to improve my design skills by making some posters based on this awesome game. I got inspired by B movie-type posters. I'm open to ideas for more!

    submitted by /u/punchandorpie
    [link] [comments]

    Potential Opening Cinematic clue we missed?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 01:17 AM PDT

    I just watched the opening cinematic again, as one does, and noticed the tiniest little detail. It's probably of no significance but I wondered if anyone had come across it. So when the old lady is speaking she says "and with Fire, came Disparity". I don't bother much with the subtitles but I thought it was curious that the word "Disparity" was capitalised alongside "Fire".

    So my thinking is that it was meant to be a force of nature alongside the finding of the first flame, although I cant really find anything in-game that mentions this. I could definitely be wrong though, or most likely looking too deeply into this.

    Is there any lore or a piece of dialogue that mentions this Disparity again?

    submitted by /u/KarlKaz
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing Dark Souls

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 07:50 PM PDT

    I'm playing on the Switch and I've heard the controls are clunky but idc. Even having never played I've heard the mythos of this game being really hard. I'm just happy to be playing it finally. And if someone can beat it with a microphone or whatever then I can beat it with my pro controller! Just killed those bell gargoyles

    submitted by /u/AwkwardShuckles
    [link] [comments]

    Years of wanting to do it, I finally have a functional Solaire cosplay

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:04 PM PDT

    It's not finished, and I want to redo the helmet, but I have it! https://www.instagram.com/p/B4TbLf4JqWu/?igshid=fyb70bgmai8 Note: I made the helmet out of felt. You use what you have available, and I'm a crafty son of a gun. I plan on finishing it with details before remaking it out of eva foam, but I have learned a lot from this construction.

    submitted by /u/SirWigglesTheLesser
    [link] [comments]

    I finally did it, I 100% the entire Dark Souls franchise (including all the hidden bosses). Victory achieved for every boss, no summons. Feels pretty great.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:52 AM PDT

    The lord giveth . . . The balder side sword

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 05:54 PM PDT

    I posted a while ago that I'm getting bored with this game and after a couple days off I decided to do a balder side sword playthrough for the first time. I've heard the stories of how difficult it is to acquire so I choose twin humanities as my starting gift, thief for the class and make my way to undead parish pick up the halberd pop all my humanities kill 1 balder Knight and Bam there it is the balder side sword never felt so lucky before in my life

    It's a sign for sure

    Edit grammar

    submitted by /u/burkeydurkeydoo
    [link] [comments]

    Gravelord phantom mobs

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 02:14 AM PDT

    In what location do the most annoying gravelord mobs appear on ng+? At what level do you come to these locations?

    submitted by /u/MuTbka_TuTbka
    [link] [comments]

    would remastered run better than ptd ?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 01:40 AM PDT

    my laptop is really weak so i had to use dsfix and tweak some settings in order to get ds ptd to run ok , if i tried the same would remastered work with better fps or nah ?

    submitted by /u/AtomicCockRetard
    [link] [comments]

    Is it better to kill Lautrec or save him?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    Dark Souls rookie here. Just bought Dark Souls remastered and loving it so far! But a bit overwhelmed with all of the permanent choices in the game, with this being one of them. Should I kill Lautrec and get the ring of favor and protection or save him and had the side quest/get the sunlight medal?

    Edit: so far the answers are split, this fucking game lol.

    submitted by /u/mikeycamikey10
    [link] [comments]

    A HALLOWeen Realization

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    The word "hallow" means, as a verb, "to make holy or sacred, to sanctify or consecrate, to venerate." As a noun it means "a saint or holy person."

    Of course, it also means "empty" which is what it seems to primarily mean in Dark Souls; as an undead who "goes hallow" is one who has lost his/her mind.

    BUT, I wonder if Miyazaki had the other version of the word "hallow" mind when he chose the word: that realizing the undead form is some sort of sacred embodiment of the Dark Soul from which humanity is made.

    What if certain characters who talk about the undead form of humankind being the true form and power of humanity are correct? What if the only reason undead humans lose their minds is because they are stuck in an unnaturally-extended-Age-of-Fire, and if the Age of Dark had been allowed to come naturally that sanity loss wouldn't happen? What if the Dark Lord, End of Fire, and/or Lord of Hallows ending lead to a future in which undead humanity rules with world in full mental capacity, no more "going hallow" in the bad sense of losing one's mind, but "going hallow" means to achieve the full potential of the Dark Soul, rather than being stuck in purgatory between the Ages of Fire and Dark that leads to the loss of one's mind?

    Just some thoughts and theory to for my most beloved games for us to potentially discuss on this special day. Happy Halloween!

    EDIT: It's been brought to my attention that the "empty inside" version of the word is "hollow" (with two o's), which sounds and looks similar but is not the same and is pronounced slightly differently than "hallow." My goof... I still think the potential parallel is interesting. Happy HOLLOWeen!

    submitted by /u/remnant_phoenix
    [link] [comments]

    I beat dark souls... but I feel really bad about it

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 10:14 PM PDT

    I feel like I cheated my experience of defeating Gwyn. After I entered the kiln of the first flame, i killed the first black knight I saw and he dropped the black knight sword. I went back to see if I could upgrade it and I upgraded it to +4 and it demolished Gwynn and staggered him easy. I may have beat the game but I don't feel good about it :(

    submitted by /u/Yeezus_Rose_Again
    [link] [comments]

    People still play dark souls 1 on 360?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 10:09 PM PDT

    Was playing OG dark souls on backward compat. on my xbox one when I entered the darkroot garden. I was heading down to kill the dark knight when suddenly, I was invaded. I had leather armor and a shitty longsword and I got slaughtered and my only humanity taken from my sorry corpse. Previously I summoned a guy to help me with the Taurus Demon. People still play this on 360/xbox one in 2019?

    submitted by /u/jonjonbrown
    [link] [comments]

    Sen's Fortress Homage (Fan art Build)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:12 AM PDT

    I Recreated to the best of my abilities the entry way and most sections of Sen's Fortress 🏰 (in creative mode by Epic games) Hopefully I don't get too much flack for the chosen medium but I promise I put a lot of work into getting all the details as correct as possible!
    Including Siegmeyer of Catarina ;)
    About 60% completed on interior spaces includes a bonfire spawn point, blacksmith weapon forging and boss fight area up top. Would love to recreate in it's entirety and do more builds like this in the future pending positive community feedback! Thanks for any potential feedback as I just want to make a great homage to my favorite game of all time!

    submitted by /u/dutchmas
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls: REMASSACRED

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 07:40 PM PDT

    Being Spooky for Halloween!

    https://youtu.be/hE0cYGS7Etg

    submitted by /u/Adamantium89
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for recommendations

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:33 PM PDT

    I've played nioh, salt n sanctuary, ashen, hollow knight, sekiro. Anything other than those, and soul like would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Stubbornskelly
    [link] [comments]

    Game Not Launching [PC]

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:50 PM PDT

    So bought the game on sale yesterday, but when I tried to launch it from Steam, Steam would tell me its running and then I'd wait. The game wouldn't boot up. So I tried executing the DSR file itself, but I got a message, something similar to this: The program can't start because the api-lld is missing. Any way I can fix this?

    submitted by /u/Umbrexcal
    [link] [comments]

    Is online still alive in DSR for Switch?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 04:59 PM PDT

    Just finished the game for the first time, and I'm running through it again as a Sun Bro because that seemed like fun, but even though I've been playing through the whole game in human form and spending a lot of time waiting for summons, I've never been invaded and have been summoned all of twice. Today I looked for other people's summon signs around the bosses I'm fighting, and I couldn't find anything except the NPCs, either. Is the scene dead, or am I not going about things right? I'm currently at lvl 41 by Quelaag, but I was level 20-25 near bell gargoyles and got summoned literally once.

    submitted by /u/Linterdiction
    [link] [comments]

    Invader changed to white phantom?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    I was just at the Kiln grinding Black Knights for both souls and titanite chunks, when I got invaded. No big deal, it's a pretty active PvP area, so I'll just fight them then go on my way.

    Instead the invader ran behind all of the black knights and waited for me to kill the knights, so I did. Then, figuring it was time for the two of us to fight, I walked up to the invader only to discover that they were now a white phantom. I black crystaled them out because I don't want to fight Gwyn just yet, but the experience was very strange.

    Since I'm on PC, I thought it might have been a hacker. Has anyone else had this happen or know why it happened?

    submitted by /u/eyerollz
    [link] [comments]

    How dead is dark souls ps3 PvP

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    Debating whether if I should get remastered or not but I figured what's the point when I already have it

    submitted by /u/sincerely_hated
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment