• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 3, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 Return to Boletaria to start on October 4th, ending on the 13th!

    Dark Souls 2 Return to Boletaria to start on October 4th, ending on the 13th!


    Return to Boletaria to start on October 4th, ending on the 13th!

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 10:41 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    As planned last year, the yearly event comes back!

    To commemorate the day this wonderful game got released in western markets, Return to Boletaria will be officially starting on October 4th, and will continue on until October 13th. This way we can have a full official week instead of 'ending' on a Friday (October 11th).

    As usual, we encourage every player, old and new, to participate and interact with Demon's Souls online mechanics. Any kind of participation is encouraged, even if not actively seeking to invade or be summoned.

    By simply playing the game while being connected, you are leaving your imprints with your ghosts, your bloodstains and your messages (reading, writing and rating is heavily encouraged). Only with this you will already be creating a meaningful impact on Boletaria, making it feel alive for the community as a whole.

    We would also appreciate anything you can do to raise awareness on the private server, and try and dispel the thought of Demon's Souls being dead, as well as how to connect to the private server.

    For now we do not have any plans for manually changing the global world tendency given the relatively recent advances on custom tendency options. But it might change (maybe half-week White, half-week Black), but we will see. Feedback is appreciated on this.

    Remember to check out how to connect to the private server here if you are new to all of this. In that stickied post you can find all the info you need to play Demon's Souls online and the Discord community in case you feel like organizing multiplayer sessions or just chatting. Feel free to drop a comment in case you need help with the private server itself and be sure to check the troubleshooting section.

    Umbasa.

    Note: I have been allowed by the moderation team to post this on other subs in the hopes of raising awareness on Demon's Souls' private server status, as well as the event itself.

    submitted by /u/Sentuh
    [link] [comments]

    How do I beat the turtle guy in giant forest?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2019 09:31 PM PDT

    My friend let me borrow this game it's pretty fun but very hard. I'm not much of a gamer haven't played one in three months even though I own a PS4 I mostly use it for Netflix and YouTube so I'm not very good with games. I did decide to give this one a shot and I'm currently at giant forest and there's a turtle blocking my way. I try to go behind him and attack but he falls backwards and crushes me and hitting him in the front he staggers me and gets through my shield. How can I conquer the turtle? The fights with him are pretty intense and I don't want to run past him cause I ain't no bitch and I want to take him down.

    submitted by /u/Cplus44
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 online playing still alive? SotFS version.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 11:23 AM PDT

    Hello. I want to have 100% completion, but some achievements require online playing.
    So, I am a sunbro right now, I can see people's orange messages, red markings, and some rare summoning signals. The problem is that no one summons me right now. Don't know what SM tier I am, but I have this problem too with two other chars.

    My internet connection looks fine. It shows NAT 2 in PS4 network test, so I guess there is no problem with any port.

    Any tips?

    submitted by /u/JoaquimPacheco
    [link] [comments]

    My theory on the Glitched Orphaned enemy invader in the ivory king

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 06:42 AM PDT

    So as an avid souls fan i watch a lot of sunlight bro content on YouTube

    however there was a piece of content i saw in Dark Souls - Top Ten Strange Invasions (24)

    involving the ivory king DLC that caused me to puzzle it for some time.

    Let me back up a little to why I have a theory

    Although my spelling and grammar would say otherwise I am a uni grad student in computing, I have a mental disability that effects spelling and grammar. One of my semesters was in game development with visual C#, I understand it better than English. so, I have some background knowledge.

    Now, in the number 1 spot or last 15 minutes of the video something really strange happens.

    Firstly we all know that the invasion system, mechanically is… kinda wonky in the dark souls franchise…

    When a user summons a phantom to help, the phantom is running off the Host's connect i.e. if the host's connection is good the phantom rarely summons lag.

    Now when the user summons an invader or an invader comes in manually, that's when things get weird.

    For some reason from software decided that when an invasion happen, even though your in another person's world, the invader is now the one Hosting. Now this had lead to some very weird events, in the original dark souls I saw a friends anor lond go dark because of an invasion and some really janky lag.

    Imagine Ornstein and Smough… in the dark.

    The best explanation I could come up with for that one was that the game downloads the invadee's world state normally to a separate file and somehow, when he went back the piece of code that handled and stored his anor londo light/dark state got corrupted and could not be copied, so it just read the existing data.

    Since for DS 1 there was separate pieces of data for Gwynevere and the anor londo world state. He could still finish the game and get the lord vessel but it was a lot harder.

    In the last entry of the video it shows that the host got invaded by someone who clearly was lag switching, since the game gives Hosting privileges to the invader lag switching become very possible. Now to clarify, anyone can lag switch with out modding anything.

    In computing there is a process known as bridging. Simply put, a PC with two ethernet ports or a WIFI connecter and ethernet port can be a bridge. the PC can be configured to only allow X amount of data through this bridge and with enough knowledge can be configured so that it's X amount of upload data per second.

    This does mean that while the invader is receiving data perfectly fine he is not sending it at a reasonable rate.

    Now, here's what I think happened, because of the extreme lag he dies in game but the game can't properly register he has died. So it death loops.

    To put it simply in games the common practice for numeric values is either integers or doubles simply a 0 or a 0.0. from software most likely had code for death that looks something like.

    Player hit

    Health = health – DMG

    If health <= 0

    (Call player death)

    Now, call player death has to send and receive a message to all connected games, Host and Clients. This message is that this player is listed as dead in there world, run the animation and then send back a message, in the case of the invader to handle hosting privileges back to the world owner.

    I think because of the extreme lag that the invaders had, the world owner never had the hand back to owner message. So the game has to run the death sound again, because what's actually happening there is the game is performing a "catch" function. In programming when 1 line of code doesn't make sense an application will lock up, something like divide by 0, in modern computing we have catches so when someone tries this the PC cancels the action and puts up a message saying you can't do this or attempt to run the process again.

    So why is the death sound playing repeatedly, the Catch in this instance is re-running the death script to get the Host (invader) to hand back hosting privileges, it waits, a timer hits zero and the world owner sends the Call death script again. Now when a player dies, you can see each time the game is saving but the invader is still in the world.

    So the host is force to hard reset the game but not the console, (he's on PS4). Hears my theory on why his game had the ghost invader.

    By leaving the console on, I think the character data for the invader is still stored in the RAM, now you may remember I used the term "Call Player Death". in every type of coding there is something known in C# and Java known as a Function.

    The coding Call basically means, run "this function", and how a function works is it's a series code commands to handle a specific task.

    So why is this important? Because every coder worth his salt will probably never delete lines of code or functions that still might have a use further down the line. They will just comment out or make it so that that specific function is never called.

    For example

    Player health - 40

    Player health = Player health – 45

    If player health <= 10

    (player health =20)

    If player health <= 0

    (call player death)

    Because code reads from top to bottom the first IF command makes the second IF command impossible so the second IF command is never run. the code is still there, but the circumstances make it impossible to happen under normal play.

    Now, in dark souls 2's dark heart from software probably wanted to code in a way so that if a world owner disconnected from an invader there passed to a NPC controlled version of the invader to fight the host, but they probably never got it to work so they never coded in the necessary commands to store the invasion data.

    that doesn't mean it can't be stored.

    Now, they probably left the code in to run this function in case they got it to work at a later date, my guess is when the game initially runs it runs a series of calls to do very specific things for the game to boot.

    One of these calls may be to check the RAM, since enemy invasion data is stored there. Now under normal circumstances when any game is closed it runs commands to clear itself from the ram, but this was a forced shutdown of the software. So, the enemy invasion data was probably still in the ram with that specific Character world Marker.

    When the Player reloaded that character there was probably a Call to check the invasion flag to see if the world owner performed a power reset, there was so the game called the NPC invader function, now normally this function with have a catch to say "there's no invasion data in the ram." Since power resetting clears the ram and just run the rest of the code as normal.

    But there was in this case, meaning a function that was never meant to work and always "catch" itself ran itself as normal.

    There's no check to see if this function that's not meant to run is running and even though the player is now hollow, the invasion flag is still up. So the game sees that it can run the Player/NPC invader function.

    Now in the video you can tell that the invader is an NPC because of one detail. The invader Pathing. When you see the game-controlled invader it is trying to path to the host by going through a giant metal door.

    Now, normally how Invader pathing works is that it has pathing for a very specific amount of the invasion area… outside that very specific amount of area the invader A.i. will path by following the players last known path data, unless it's unable to find it, in this case, it will just run in a b-line at the player.

    This is kinda funny because you can get invading NPCs to walk in to traps outside their own path areas as they blindly follow what is a pre-determined line already taken by the player or by just running at the player, manhunter Mildred killed by poison by one of my friend and myself getting her to b-line straight for us across the bottom of Blight town while we stood on two separate safe grounds.

    You can also see in the video that this invader is hyper aggressive as it doesn't conserve stamina and just goes all out. So, the A.i. controller for this Player/NPC invader was probably never finished and just hap hazzardly works.

    Anyway that's my theory on how this possibly happened, looking at it from a uni grad coders perspective.

    submitted by /u/Dragonfire9000
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 03:10 PM PDT

    I just wanted to say thank you to this wonderful community. Just minutes ago I was able to kill my most annoying boss battle yet - graverobber, lucatiel look-alike and estus addict. I browsed every post, followed every tip, but for the past 24 hours I still can't beat them.

    Then it hit me. I needed to cool down. Chill. Sleep it off.

    I just got home from work and while driving I'm formulating my plan to kill those weirdos. By the time I got home I went straight for the kill. Backstabs. Lots of it. I mixed and matched all your tips and tricks here in this subreddit. I spent more time thinking and less time running around and getting hit. Patience, like one of you guys said. Now I can spend less time crying over losing 10 or more effigies.

    TLDR: Best subreddit killed my nightmares.

    THANKS.

    submitted by /u/m0m0d0a
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve said a lot of things I didn’t mean about this game but I think I truly mean it when I say this...

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 02:06 PM PDT

    Greathammer drakekeeper is probably the single most powerful enemy in the game. Dear god, why does this guy not just take over the world already? Dude swings that hammer around like it's made of cardboard.

    Screw the bed of chaos, there's a new lord of bullshit in town.

    submitted by /u/DatFrostyBoy
    [link] [comments]

    low soul memory run

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 11:01 AM PDT

    i have just completed a run to get broadsword +7 in brume tower, without spending any souls, and wearing the agape ring. my soul memory is about 34k and i am at the fume knight bonfire. as of right now, i have 29109 souls to spend, have not spent a single one yet. using broadsword +7 and scythe +7 and need one more lord soul. my goal now is to complete the game without levelling and go into NG+ without spending any souls and keeping soul memory sub 40k. i had to farm the lion set and poison throwing knives to kill the giants to get flynn's ring. play time is sitting at 10 hours right now.

    a base level knight can use lion warrior cape and lion warrior skirt as a human using life ring and blue seal to drop down to the gutter. poison throwing knives are for the giants in black gulch and are fairly easy to farm. (damn lion gear took somewhere between 1-2 hours)

    i feel very happy at the accomplishment. i am going to farm a mace from the goblins, and upgrade it to +10, upgrade the broadsword and scythe +7 to 10, and will have around 11000 souls to add levels or upgrade another weapon, not sure yet. (after i get soul memory to even 39999, which leaves 34999 after the 5000 spent on agape ring)

    please note: when i say "spent a single soul" i mean except buying agape ring of course.

    just wanted to share because i am quite proud of myself.

    also note, scythe +7, ring of blades +1, and flynn ring, one shots the knights at brume tower with a backstab, and takes down the sorceresses in about 3 hits, the exploding guys go down in 4 hits. the iron warriors are dealt with via poison throwing knives, environmental fire or barrel guys, or just avoiding them (like the guy in the braodsword +7 room.

    a series of videos by a guy named "balto games" on youtube helped me a lot on brume tower

    submitted by /u/username129912
    [link] [comments]

    Just a fun little montage invading as a blue sentinel

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 05:24 AM PDT

    Got invaded a few times, but a fun experience overall! I think more people should get back to playing this game cause it's honestly really fun and has a lot of variety. Here you go! https://youtu.be/m9YulCQWroY

    submitted by /u/MiguelS0702
    [link] [comments]

    Im going to start my First playthrough of souls game ever with Dark Souls 2.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 11:40 AM PDT

    Should i know something?

    submitted by /u/Kuva194
    [link] [comments]

    Iron keep help

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    Hey guys i completed all the areas except for iron keep im having a bad time,if anyone could help an undead out i would really apreciate it! PS4 btw

    submitted by /u/Bacuco
    [link] [comments]

    Rat covenant mayhem sm 2.5 million

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 03:05 PM PDT

    Just wanted to have some fun with the rat covenant at doors of Pharos

    submitted by /u/Soulsbyorn
    [link] [comments]

    I'm stuck in the black gulch

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 09:20 AM PDT

    I've died like 7 times all because the red spirit and the poison, anyone can help me with souls to level up or give a fire weapon?

    submitted by /u/OnionsInRegalia
    [link] [comments]

    What shield are people using for that Magic Shield strike build I keep seeing?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 12:41 PM PDT

    I've seen people in the Belfry use Dark Weapon on a shield and get good damage with it and I'm curious what shield are they using since I can't find the build online.

    submitted by /u/ryumaruborike
    [link] [comments]

    Mysterious PS3 co-op buddy.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 01:37 AM PDT

    I met him at the forest of the fallen giants, he had 26k SM. He gave me 15 effigies, a bastard sword +10 and a BLUE longsword +10 before even beating the giant. I told him I was going to kill Pate to get his armor and he told he'd just drop it for me, the entire set was +10 including shield. He had at least 10 soul spears and had an armor set that I had not seen until that point. With another character, in harvest valley, he gave me 50 pine resin and 40 effigies, another +10 shield and a +10 greatsword and 40 Poison moss.HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE??? I've asked him thrice why he's able to just hand out such items and he never answers, he rarely talks too, he just says things like "good job dude", "sign's down" and "Come grab *absurd number* of *item*"Is he a hack, or just too dedicated to farm items for the love of giving them away?

    submitted by /u/I_A_G_T
    [link] [comments]

    Is this game worth playing ?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 06:58 AM PDT

    I beat Ds3 twice and it was one of the best experiences of my life, and I'm wondering if ds2 can deliver the same experience. Ds1 was close but not as good.

    submitted by /u/settlementgamr
    [link] [comments]

    Crusader build

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 09:02 AM PDT

    Quality/faith stats

    Heide Knight Set

    My only question is weather I should power stance 2 Heide Knight swords, use a claymore, or use 1 Heide Knight swords and offensive miracles.

    Thoughts or suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Bobinio67
    [link] [comments]

    Why Do I Love Dark Souls 2? Here’s Why.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 08:13 AM PDT

    Dark Souls 2 is known as the worst Dark Souls game throughout the entire franchise. But it is still my favorite game. It's the only one I can try challenges in and consistently have fun in. I always wonder why I find it so much more fun than the others. Well, here's why.

    Personally, I love the way the mechanics are. I wish they didn't change the way they did in Dark Souls 3. The obvious one is power stance, dual wielding. Yeah, an absolutely fun mechanic, offering variety and truly having a custom build. However, as much as I love the mechanic, it's not the main two that I love. I honestly love the amount of different items this game has, especially for healing.

    The Lifegems are quite a highlight for me. It makes me feel like a real adventurer being able to find so many different things and a healing item when I am running low, it gives me a relief. Lifegems had the idea of healing while moving, where you couldn't with estus. I liked the idea, you risk more by using the thing you can refill by just resting at a bonfire whereas with life gems you'd have to get more if you decide to use them and be able to continue moving. But it isn't just about items and how to heal that I like. It's actually how to level up.

    This is one of the things that bothers me the most, hearing people complain about the infamous ADP. For those who aren't aware, which I doubt there are, you can fix rolling by upgrading this stat. It increases your I-frames as well as slowly speeds up other actions, like drinking estus or using lifegems. It is incredibly eas to level up in Dark Souls 2. I have a level 50 character and if I remember correctly, it only takes him around 5,000 souls to level up right now. Okay, so the stat is easy to fill considering how many levels I can get by just doing some light farming. But now I will transition to why I actually love that the stat is there.

    I seriously love that the stat is in Dark Souls 2 because of the RPG ideas it gives me, as well as play styles I could pick up. I like that you don't have to level it up. What if I decide that this play through I want to be a heavy rolling tank? Okay. Don't roll much? Okay. Rather use a shield? Okay. I love that. I also love that for coop, one of us could be the dude rolling around making hits and being fast where the other character is big and bulky and can take the hits or just block. The poise is there in Dark Souls 2 to actually take hits while throwing out an attack, even if the weapon is smaller. This is all it takes for me. I sincerely love that a single stat can give me a great amount of ideas for how to play a game like Dark Souls. Yet people still complain about it even though leveling up is easier than every other game in the entire franchise and about the rolling when the game makes it an easy problem to fix.

    In conclusion, those are the three main things that I love about this game. There are many more, but I'd also like to strike the question of this. What specific thing makes you guys love Dark Souls 2 the most? What do you wish they carried over to Dark Souls 3? Thanks for reading my mini-essay!

    Edit: Also, I do not want to me given counters like why this game is the worst. Yes, there are flaws but this is all about positivity for the game!

    submitted by /u/Lobbletonk
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2

    Posted: 02 Oct 2019 08:54 PM PDT

    I am so happy right now I am almost finish dark souls 2 before I go into new game plus 2 someday I wanted to break my controller because it's got too hard but I'm happy I got help along the way. I think the hardest past is defeated the ancient Dragon, King Vendrink And the final boss. I'm ready to take them on lol. Do any of these bosses have a weakness

    submitted by /u/Joeymacdarlsouls
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 PVP on PC?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2019 10:46 PM PDT

    So im playing dark souls 2 on PC rn. not SOTFS and i'm wondering if anyone still pvp's on there? i'm looking but cant find anyone. maybe over-leveled? i'm 179 so probably.

    submitted by /u/juicypeppermint
    [link] [comments]

    How do infusions work for a melee build?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 04:32 AM PDT

    Howdy, i was wondering how infusions work for my dual wield vengarl swordsman. I have the red rust sword and scimitar, powerstancing both.

    My main question is do i even need to infuse them, and if so, which one or both, and what with.

    Ive got 7 vig, 16 end, 26 vit, 6 att, 36 str, 24 dex, 8 adp, 8 int, and 5 faith.

    submitted by /u/BalthasarStrange
    [link] [comments]

    What to do before NG+?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2019 05:47 PM PDT

    I'm going for the platinum trophy and I literally just need the spells that you can only buy on NG++ (Great Chaos Fireball, Bountiful Sunlight and Wrath of the Gods) I have every other trophy but the Pyromancy and Hexes ones.

    I just finished the DLC, all the optional bosses, had to bonfire ascetic some of them for their spells and I currently Soul Vessel'd my stats and I'm going with a 50 INT mage build with Magic Staff of Wisdom, Great Soul Arrows and Soul Spears.

    Is there anything I'm missing? Also, if someone could tell me how to cheese the NG+ to get to NG++ as soon as possible, that would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Kizuxtheo
    [link] [comments]

    Ps3

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 02:57 AM PDT

    Do anyone have any soul of a Giant I actually use one and I only got 3 now and I can't kill the king I would love to have 2 or 3 more if anyone could help me it's will be so good

    submitted by /u/Joeymacdarlsouls
    [link] [comments]

    So is the queen the one who’s been petrifying people and turning them into stone?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2019 07:45 PM PDT

    I got to thinking and everywhere we go there's always people having been turned to stone. But where as before, they needed branches to turn back, the ones in Drangleic Castle revive themselves almost like someone put magic on them to do that. This kind of leads me to believe the queen did it, or at the very least had ordered it. Now maybe I just haven't ran into the person that's behind it yet, but I find it odd there's so many people turned to stone and nobody mentions it, says who they think did it, or even claims responsibility for it.

    submitted by /u/DatFrostyBoy
    [link] [comments]

    On the right side of my save it says 82:15:45 does that mean I have 82 h on that save?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 08:16 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment