• Breaking News

    Monday, October 28, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 11:13 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!

    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    So... the Infantry Axe exists?! (Or: recent discoveries you've made?)

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:38 AM PDT

    Literally just discovered it exists tonight while starting a new quality build.

    I'd imagine it's pretty shitty in comparison to literally every other axe, but... it's there!

    What's surprised you recently about this game?

    submitted by /u/Gigadweeb
    [link] [comments]

    On Mild Mannered Pate, Patches, and Creighton the Wanderer

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 05:47 PM PDT

    Anyone who helps Creighton kill Pate- I'm sorry, but you're gullible as hell.

    I've heard people say that they suspect Pate is Patches, or is DS2's equivalent of Patches, and this is why they side with Creighton against Pate, because they think Pate is lying. Now, I won't deny that on a meta, game design level Patches and Pate serve roughly the same role, but the characters themselves are clearly polar opposites. Let's run down why that is clearly the case.

    Patches:

    • is named Patches in Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls III

    • is voiced by William Vanderpuye in every single one of those games

    • has a distinctive bald, helmless design

    • unexpectedly 'traps' the player in dangerous situations, generally by lying and trying to bait them into putting themselves into a vulnerable situation, and then shoving them into a pit or something similar

    • mocks the player afterward and shows surprise when they escape

    • becomes a merchant after the player has completed his questline

    Mild-Mannered Pate:

    • Is named Pate, not Patches

    • is voiced by Peter Serafinowicz

    • wears a helmet at all times

    • in his every appearance warns the player about a dangerous area or trap guarding treasure before the player enters of their own accord

    • never shoves the player into a pit

    • expresses pleasure that the player survived the trap he warned them about

    • does not become a merchant after his questline is complete

    Now let's talk about Creighton the Wanderer. Creighton:

    • is dressed in armor imitating a Mirrah knight, but is not genuine upon closer inspection

    • is implicated by Cale, who can't remember the name of a serial killer he saw but remembers it was 'Cray-something'. Cale only mentions this after you've freed Creighton

    • displays the traits of a serial killer, having a single-minded obsession with killing a particular target

    • exhibits symptoms of paranoia, which may be why he thinks Pate trapped him in the first place

    #PateDidNothingWrong

    submitted by /u/vagabond_
    [link] [comments]

    I need a nudge in the right direction

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:45 AM PDT

    I've been stuck for a little while now. I keep finding routes, but everything, even with bosses, is a dead end. I currently lit 2 primal bonfires. One shortly after the last giant, and later one after the giant spider.

    Subsequently i keep running into dead ends. Kill the last dragon slayer, but that was a dead end. Killed the demonhorse, another dead end.

    One route i still see viable is the giant home in Majula, but no idea how to get down there yet. Other dead ends all require a kings seal.

    I'm not looking for compete spoilers, just a nudge in a direction i might've missed.

    Like, do the huntsman copse lead to anywhere else but the demonhorse?

    submitted by /u/Rodgort_Reddo
    [link] [comments]

    Ds2 has the best Community of all the souls.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:43 AM PDT

    Change my mind.

    submitted by /u/DirectAndErect
    [link] [comments]

    One of the best duels I've had

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 01:18 PM PDT

    Fighting this katana dude felt like playing a chess game which is the reason I liked it. But I still have some questions about the pvp.

    I noticed that on a high level pvp, my enemy players tend to circle around themselves as if they having a seizure. Why in the bloody hell they do that? It's one of the oldest questions of mine about the pvp and I'd like to know the reason for it.

    Also how come that that some fast hitting (light) weapons (like katana) deal as much damage as my greatsword (rulers sword)? This doesn't make sense.

    (P.S sry for 720p quality, geforce experience is a bit bugged and I forgot to restart it which is why it recorded in 720p)

    submitted by /u/manspider0002
    [link] [comments]

    Ricard's Rapier doesn't drop from Tseldora spiders?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:37 AM PDT

    I've already put hours in to farming these things with a good droprate (Jester's, +2 snake ring, Coin) but all I've got to show for it are piles of Zweihanders, Parrying Daggers, Great Scythes, Mail Breakers, Bandit Axes and Mastodon Greatswords. Is it correct that they do drop Ricard's Rapier as well (in SotFS)? I already got the one rapier from the chest and I want a second one for powerstancing.

    submitted by /u/crowbird_
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for Undead Crypt

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:38 AM PDT

    Seriously this place is horrible with all the stones and stuff.

    submitted by /u/2SaltyRamen
    [link] [comments]

    Good katana powerstancing combos?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:14 AM PDT

    So I started a new run and I was feeling like doing a katana powerstance character because it sounds badass.

    I already know that I want the Alva set for my armor but I'm not too sure about katanas. I found some combinations on some other post, such as Uchigatana + Manslayer or Darkdrift + Something else. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/ArceusTheLegendary50
    [link] [comments]

    Chloranthy Ring vs 50% Equip Load

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 06:32 PM PDT

    I've been playing this game since release, and have hit that "I think I know almost everything there is to know about this game" point that I'm sure most of you are a part of.

    But I still can't tell the difference in stamina recovery when using Chloranthy+2 ring (EDIT: using chloranthy+2 while at or below the 70% equip load burden cap) vs not using any chloranthy ring & just staying at or below the 50% equip load breakpoint.

    I typically just use chloranthy, but almost all of my builds have been Flynn's builds where it's pretty difficult to stay at/under 50% equip load while not being one-shot or two-shot by most things.

    submitted by /u/SaltLakeAtrocity
    [link] [comments]

    Vendrick

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 01:55 PM PDT

    To kill vendrick the soul of the lord of the giants serves?

    submitted by /u/Racconccity
    [link] [comments]

    Summoned then Banished

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 01:14 PM PDT

    People keep doing this and I don't know why. It's driving me crazy. Why do people do this? Do they assume I'm bad because the moonlight greatsword sorcery build? My self esteem is taking durability damage at this point. :(

    submitted by /u/ILuvDumplings
    [link] [comments]

    Is it wprth getting ds2 on pc?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:04 PM PDT

    Played through it numerous times on both ps3 and 4 but became a pc player and thought about getting it. What I wanna know is if the pvp is still active. Are there any people playing? Or is online just dead so I shouldn't even bother? Also is it true u can get banned for no reason when playing online? Lol

    submitted by /u/SlitThaClit69
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on getting Sunlight Spear

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:05 AM PDT

    So I recently picked up the game a month ago (love it), and per my personality I like to get all achievements for the game. I'm about to start a NG+ to work on the spell achievements, but I've hit a snag.

    In my haste to play this game, I planned things out very poorly. I only have 1 sunlight medal (Praise the sun) out of 30 needed for max rank in Heirs of the Sun. And my soul memory is...very, very high. I don't know the exact number but I'm level 237, not including all the souls I lost on the way, and thus will most likely spend an eternity waiting for one summon to help with a boss.

    I read on the wiki that there is some mobs that can drop them, but before I throw on some item clothes and spend hours grinding mobs, is there anything I can do to speed up the process, particularly helping with boss fights? Or am I in for the long haul?

    Thanks a lot!

    submitted by /u/JSsmitty
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Value the trees!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 01:40 AM PDT

    Trees not only provide you with fresh air, but also with:

    Enemy Distraction:

    When an enemy you can't see, near a tree you want to be.

    Give it a hit, go on an try. The forrest dwellers will let you pass by.

    Giant Seeds:

    Trouble with red? Do not fret!

    Pop a seed and punish their greed!

    Repair:

    The Sunken City is home to many deviants. Shy knights, bipedal dragons and even a BDSM tree!

    The latter will do you a favour if you do him/her one first. He/she even has the tools ready in his/her room!

    submitted by /u/StraightOuttaOlaphis
    [link] [comments]

    I need help on Ruin Sentinels boss fight.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:28 AM PDT

    If anyone could help me I'd be really appreciative. I have lost so many souls trying to fight them. Thank you in advance

    Edit: PS4

    submitted by /u/HufflepuffAndButts
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Guys! I'm farming Sunlight medals (Ps4) ...

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:56 AM PDT

    I need 25 Sunlight Medals, and I'm losing my will to live farming Falconers. So anyway, I'm willing to place my summon sign down in an attempt to speed up getting medals.

    My SM is 3.2mil and I'm SL 161. I can help with any main game boss, as I have no intention of going into the DLCs further than I need to in order to pick up the spells I need for the trophies.

    If anyone would like help let me know, because I'd be happy to or if there are any Sunbros that would like to farm bosses with me that would be great. Thanks in advance.

    Praise the Sun, you beautiful bastards \ [+] /

    submitted by /u/Noctis_Raptor
    [link] [comments]

    Darklurker coop?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 03:38 PM PDT

    Is there any way to summon help for this absolute beast of a boss? I'm getting my butt kicked here and eating up effigies.

    submitted by /u/KDRcirca95
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment