• Breaking News

    Monday, October 28, 2019

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Dark Souls /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.


    /r/DarkSouls - Modding Monday.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 11:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Dark Souls mod announcement and discussion thread!

    Beware! Use of mods whilst connected to the internet can cause you to get banned from online play!

    For more information, or to continue the discussion visit /r/ModSouls

    Using mods (PC only!) to enhance or add new content to the Souls games is great fun! It is important, however, to understand that mods are against From's EULA/ToS, so there is a great risk of being banned when using them due to From's anti-cheat--which is deployed in most versions of the Souls games.

    Versions of the games where modding is safe due to no anti-cheat:

    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

    Versions of the games where modding carries a very high risk of being banned:

    Dark Souls: Remastered

    Dark Souls II

    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

    Dark Souls III


    Our recommendations for safe modding

    *This advice is intended for first-time or relatively inexperienced modders who want to get into modding without risking a ban on their main Steam account.

    Basic Steps:

    Make a separate Steam account

    Use Steam's Family Sharing feature to provide your new account with access to your main Steam account's game library.

    Install games to be used with the new account in a separate directory.

    Once you've found your mods be sure to read (and follow) the mod author's instructions carefully prior to installation.

    Set Steam to "off line" mode.

    Install the mods and perform any necessary setup.

    Enjoy the fun and interesting experiences offered by mods!

    Be sure to remove all file components of the mod before going back online!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    To the amazing person I just summoned in the depths.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:50 PM PDT

    I'm sorry I went afk after I summoned you, water from the dishwasher broke through the ceiling in the spare bedroom. I picked up the pieces and when I went back you had times out. But instead of black crystaling out, you cleared the level and left prism stones marking the path to the exit. I'm sorry I couldn't help but I promise I'll pay it forward. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Mr_SkeletonMan
    [link] [comments]

    Probably sounds fake but some guy accosted me in public about my dark souls hoodie. Nobody clapped at the end, it was just uncomfortable, the internet lied to me.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 06:01 PM PDT

    I went out in public last night, huge mistake. But anyway, it was cold af, so I wore my warmest hoodie which features a "Praise the Sun" Solaire logo and looks freaking great on me.

    It was packed, but not a lot of gamers it seemed because only two guys (they were buddies) said anything about my hoodie.

    They were obnoxiously hostile to me as an apparently fake gamer girl, or maybe trying to neg? It was embarrassing either way, basically conversation went something like this:

    Guy: "I bet you don't even know who Solaire is." Me: "What?" x3 because I was actually shocked he was starting a conversation with this kind of energy and I wanted to give him a few chances to correct his approach.

    My friend (finally interrupting our loop because I was bsd): "Of course she knows who Solaire is, she beat all three games."

    Guy: "There's no way."

    Me: "...yeah I did."

    Uncomfortable silence

    Guy: "Whatever. You probably let him go insane."

    Me: "No, I wanted his help with Gwyn, and asked specifically if he was around for endgame and my sister spilled about his death and the shortcut."

    Guy: "Well that's his canon death, so you fucked up."

    So, I decided to leave. It might seem like he was just joking around, but trust me, babyboy had a tone. He was trying to fight.

    I think his friend said something like "do you even praise the sun?" and I peaced out, after throwing my hands up to praise the sun, briefly. Assholes.

    So, I'm curious if anyone actually feels like there's any merit to this opinion about Solaire. Either way I'm pretty sure this guy was just grabbing at any random shitty argument to try and invalidate me as a fan of the game, but I get that some people actually do have strong opinions about intended play and canon storylines. For me, I don't necessarily disagree that madness and death is canon, but saving Solaire is more about how much I don't want to personally kill Solaire. I already have to put myself through killing plenty of other characters I love, to just bare minimum complete the game, and I'm a delicate sensitive lady (dammit) I don't need any additional emotional turmoil in my playthrough.

    TLDR; this guy is a dick, don't be this guy, but does he have a point?

    Edit: formatting and a word

    submitted by /u/spacemonkeysalsa
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Dark Souls!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 08:32 AM PDT

    I beat dark souls for the 1st time! Thank you for the amazing experience.This game and journey was amazing!

    submitted by /u/Nath_The_Gr8
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have a problem?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 08:09 PM PDT

    I played and beat DSR for the first time over the course of the last couple months and it had me completely obsessed. But when I beat it I thought I was done with it, and after waiting a week or two I jumped right into Bloodborne. BB is freaking awesome and even better than DSR in some ways (and I can't imagine the end game being nearly as painful) but....I kept thinking about Dark Souls. I know I had just beaten it but I felt like I left a lot unfinished, even spending 87 hours on my first run.

    Before I knew it, I convinced myself to get it again on PS4, since I'd already played it on Switch. I'm now 4 hours in and I'm back to being hopelessly obsessed. Even right this second I'm thinking about playing it and have practically abandoned Bloodborne. Is this normal? Or have I just gone Hollow?

    submitted by /u/Onimushy
    [link] [comments]

    In your own opinion, and the Belfry Gargoyles harder in DS1 or DS2?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:10 AM PDT

    Hey everybody!

    So yesterday in Dark Souls 2 I managed to finally best the Belfry Gargoyles after a few attempts and in my own experience they weren't too difficult, however this may be due to the gear I was using. Being new to this series I have only ever played DS2, and not much of it either as you may be able to tell from my only just having beaten the gargoyles.

    With that said, it got me thinking. I know that the Belfry Gargoyles exist not only in DS2, but in DS1 as well, so which version is more difficult, and what aspects of the battle(s) have caused you to think this?

    submitted by /u/Nitrix119
    [link] [comments]

    If I drop Gwyn's soul to someone, and this person does his sword, he can drop the sword back to me? Will I get the trophy?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:26 AM PDT

    I messed up and end up getting the sunlight spear first instead of the sword, I really don't want to get to Anor londo in NG++, so it's possible to do in this way?

    submitted by /u/Pig_2608
    [link] [comments]

    15 hours into my first Souls game from a Bloodborne vet

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 06:45 PM PDT

    Playing the OG Dark Souls on switch for the first time and, while wayyyy slower and different than Bloodborne, this game is absolutely amazing.

    I'm a bloodborne vet with a decent amount of play time and a few run throughs (150+ hours) but Dark Souls is an entirely new animal.

    Just got through the depths and into Blighttown so going to make a couple suicide runs to get rid of the toxic dart guys.

    The level of connectedness (a word?) Is something I've never experienced before. Even bloodborne was not this connected to the world. Everything literally leads back to firelink!

    I am definitley taking my time, and enjoying my first souls game, albeit 9ish years late to the party 😅

    submitted by /u/RedFoxblue
    [link] [comments]

    Did I screw up my chance of getting Moonlight GS?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 11:40 PM PDT

    Ah, yes, the sword of legend in the SoulsBorne games. One I was super excited to get, since I have it in DS3 and Bloodborne (this is my first playthrough of DS1). However I just read you can only get it by cutting Seath's tail off (which I'm guessing means one of the "tentacle" things he slams you with), and of course I see this after I beat him (first try btw, I'm proud of this). Do I have to wait til I fight him again in NG+ to get it, or is there another way?

    submitted by /u/TwilitWolf13
    [link] [comments]

    Four Kings DRUM COVER/IMRPOV

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:22 AM PDT

    hey guys, here's me having fun with Four Kings theme on drums, hope you like it! :)

    https://youtu.be/w0qvcho6800

    got the idea a few hours ago and recorded it immediately. the middle part is improvised so it kinda sucks lol. I would arrange it and prepare for it much better, but I don't think it was worth it considering how bad the quality of recording is (unmic'ed, worn out drums + samsung galaxy a6 camera). it's fun af tho!

    submitted by /u/mordecai1103
    [link] [comments]

    Starting Gifts

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:56 AM PDT

    I am currently going through my first play through of the game and have been told the master key is the best starting gift which I totally believe as the others didn't seem very useful.

    Are the other starting gifts good in their own ways or is the master key just the best one?

    submitted by /u/damor54
    [link] [comments]

    Beat dark souls for the first time

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 06:32 PM PDT

    Please don't finish with the bed of chaos before going to Gwyn.

    At the end you'll just be happy that it's all over.... also Gywn is a little BBBBBBBBBBBBBITCH

    submitted by /u/ohwellwhateverNVMind
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended Weapon For Faith/Dex

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:28 AM PDT

    I'm nearing the end of NG with a 15+ Scythe and +5 Dragonslayer spear. Are Divine/Occult weapons anything worth considering or should I stick with what I have?

    submitted by /u/PaddleBoatOnFire
    [link] [comments]

    Obsidian Greatsword

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 05:41 PM PDT

    Could someone drop me one, non leveled pls? I'm doing a super dad build and I only have one try for bkgs.

    submitted by /u/Foongiis
    [link] [comments]

    BEAT O&S SL1 AFTER TWO AND A HALF DAYS

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 03:14 PM PDT

    Finally... I did it. I know these kinds of posts get written often but, man i feel good. I have finished the game 3 times regularly and it got too easy and boring, so i started a sl1 and it worked! The challenge made it more fun and it feels so good when you're setting limits and you're in control. The four kings are next...

    submitted by /u/Qesho
    [link] [comments]

    Knights Honor

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 06:54 PM PDT

    I have never liked this achievement and pretty sure I've missed it in every version of this game I've owned (4 different consoles). Is there a definitive list of what's needed? There appears to be discrepancies between different sites on what's is required. Help a skeleton out who would be ever so thankful. I'm currently running on the Xbox one is anyone is interested.

    submitted by /u/AlohaOmegaPesh
    [link] [comments]

    Is it necessary to cut off guardian's tail to get the trophy?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:26 AM PDT

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Pig_2608
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with Platinum!!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:53 PM PDT

    I have 94% trophies done. My hardest challenge the Special weapons trophy!!! I need Sifs shield, broken great sword, and channeled Trident. Can anyone help me out please!!!

    submitted by /u/tyrentecho
    [link] [comments]

    Anor londo in a nutshell

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 11:30 PM PDT

    Kill 1-3 knights Dude guy has invaded your world! Close application Load game Kill 1-3 knights Dude guy has invaded your world! Repeat

    submitted by /u/Genleehless
    [link] [comments]

    Achievements in reddit

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 03:47 PM PDT

    Hey guys How can I make my 100% Achievement in Dark Souls visible at my reddit name. I noticed a view months ago that this sort of thing is possible and now I'm one step away. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/m44x1m
    [link] [comments]

    Challenge ideas,

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:09 PM PDT

    Ok guys, I recently started the second to last game cycle, and I want to challenge myself, so I want yall to tell me the most irritating, rage inducing, and utterly worst equipment lineups (AotA expansion equipment included) that you can possibly think of

    submitted by /u/PrincessAliana
    [link] [comments]

    First-timer here: beat O&S with Solaire — 1 Estus used with Halberd +10.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 03:13 PM PDT

    First try.

    Dark Souls is fucking crazy sometimes.

    submitted by /u/druyd
    [link] [comments]

    So ummm Seath is kicking my ass

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:21 AM PDT

    I'm a sorcerer build and I am barely doing damage to Seath understandably. I managed to cut his tail off for Moonlight GS but I really need to get a higher damage output on him. People have recommended me to use Claymore+10 since the STR is the same as Moonlight. But should I go further and make it a Lightning Claymore? My accessories for the fight are FAP ring and Havel's Ring.

    submitted by /u/ArcRiseGen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment