• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 30, 2019

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Dark Souls 2 /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.


    /r/DarkSouls2 - Help a hollow.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to our Wednesday thru Thursday sticky thread "Help A Hollow."

    Do you need the game mechanics explained a bit? Don't understand scaling, infusion, or magic? Just can't take on Velstadt solo?

    If you have a question or need a hand then skip /new for the day and get the help you need. Leave a comment below and someone will help you shortly. Or sort comments by new and be a helpful hollow. Remember to check out /r/DarkSouls2/wiki and contribute!


    Helpful Information for New Users

    Be sure to check the /r/DarkSouls2/wiki page, where you can find community-created tips and research threads.

    Please help build the wiki! You only need 10 karma within /r/DarkSouls2 to contribute.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    i fucking hate iron keep

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 01:48 AM PDT

    how long does this shit go like goddamn dude how am i supposed to finish this level on one bonfire, its like no man's wharf but longer and im supposed to do parkour .

    and those fucking weaboos with their stupid ass katanas running at you, although they're pretty braindead cause after attacking you they just stand there so i go in for a back stab and finish 'em .

    but the snipers are the biggest cunts, i'd be trying to kill weebs but two arrows and they finish my ass , and when i finally get to them they pull up this huge electro sword thing and beat me to death. or i try to push them into the lava but i end up falling myself like a troglodyte.

    i enjoyed this levelquestion, is there some sort of fire resistance armor that i need to get the items ? i thought maybe i need to run fast but no i just die, also there is a summon before the boss but i died and it disappered, is it like a one chance thing or can i get it back ?

    submitted by /u/AtomicCockRetard
    [link] [comments]

    If anyone here is a fan of minecraft, I am building a minecraft dark souls world. The world is custom so doesn’t actually take any places from the game, however it is heavily inspired by all the dark souls, and takes elements of all 3 games in its gameplay. Trailer below for anyone interested:

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 05:40 PM PDT

    I'm so proud of myself

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 07:13 AM PDT

    I made it to Iron Keep AND Brightstone Cove with a Dex Build. Got a +10 Blacksteel Katana and everything. I am unreasonably happy.

    submitted by /u/ALargeToe
    [link] [comments]

    Rare enemy animations/attacks.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 10:25 AM PDT

    600+ hours in and it turns out unarmed hollow infantry have a grab attack. They grab you and take a nice chomp out of your face. A more boring discovery, the Demon of Song has an attack where it slaps you with it's little frog legs. Not as exciting but I had still never seen up until now. Any other super rare attacks you've seen?

    submitted by /u/Mr_SkeletonMan
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a new playthrough on November 1st, looking for silly or fun builds and weapons to use.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 11:40 AM PDT

    Every year in November I try to play through all the Souls games, although it's getting harder as more of them come out. I'm starting with DS2: Scholar in a few days and I'd like suggestions of fun, stupid builds or weapons to try out. For example, I tried double whips once, which was... entertaining. Or, perhaps you know of some goofy restrictions or routes I could use for extra shenanigans?

    submitted by /u/Original_Redman
    [link] [comments]

    New personal best time!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 01:45 PM PDT

    Just finished the game in 6h 24min and 51sec. I know that it could be better, but I am still a little proud about myself :D

    submitted by /u/Baroness_Lori
    [link] [comments]

    kinda new to dark souls, what the fuck is up with the world ?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 09:08 AM PDT

    is this related to lore or something ? like time and space are distorted and fucked so nothing makes sense?

    why is it always morning in majula for example but it's always night in lost bastille. why does it take a few minutes to get to heide's tower of flame but when you're in majula and standing at the edge you see the tower of flames is really far away.

    or when you go to no man's wharf, based on how you access it, it appears to be some sort of closed off cave underwater but when you finish it there's just a big hole on the side and a ship just sails out taking you to to the lost bastille.

    huntsman's corpse is also implied to be under ground but when you get there, you can see the sky, also iron keep is accessed from an elevator that GOES UP , what kinda pocket dimension alternate reality shit is this.

    it doesn't really ruin my enjoyment of the game but its kinda weird, i usually dont think too much when playing games and kinda mindlessly stroll through, but this clicked in my head when i got to iron keep , oh well i better go back to killing everything for no apparent reason

    submitted by /u/AtomicCockRetard
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox One - SOTFS - 3.4m Soul Memory - Looking for people in PVP!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 12:49 PM PDT

    Hello there! I have been playing dark souls 2 for a while now but recently got xbox gold in hopes of getting 100% in achievements! Currently my roadblocks are getting sunlight medals and the bell keeper invasions. I've had very little luck after about a week of trying.

    Basically, Are there any hotspots for sunbros or timings in the day to get called to the bell tower? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Crazila
    [link] [comments]

    The journey is over.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 12:50 PM PDT

    As many others before me, a few minutes ago I vanquished the last boss of my first playthrough of the game.

    After beating Aldia and walking away from the throne I took a moment to ponder the hours I put into the game, and just then, as it happened with Demons Souls and Dark Souls before, it hit me: I will not experience the journey for the first time again.

    So here I stand, as the credits roll by - one more time - sad but satisfied.

    These games are truly something. Praise the Sun.

    submitted by /u/_OneTimer_
    [link] [comments]

    I am no longer proud of myself.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 08:53 AM PDT

    Black Gulch is one of the worst areas I have ever experienced. Constant Poison, some in areas you can't reach, and how do I kick the Rotten's ass? He does so much god damn damage, and his hitboxes are janky. That may just be me not rolling well, but he's incredibly tough, even for a Great Soul.

    submitted by /u/ALargeToe
    [link] [comments]

    Im going to do something called ,,idiot move that i should later". DLC.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 12:20 PM PDT

    For context in sense of Progress im in shrine of amana.

    I want to you choose my poison (dlc).

    submitted by /u/Kuva194
    [link] [comments]

    Soul of a Giant

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 10:28 AM PDT

    Is it possible to get more souls to fight against Vendrick in case you don't have the necessary 4/5 to make it easy?
    I have read in some forums that the ancient dragon or the giants that are hidden in the cave do not serve to get more souls even if you use an ember of adversity.

    submitted by /u/Racconccity
    [link] [comments]

    Good weapons and fashion souls for int/dex?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 09:08 AM PDT

    I lost my save and had to start over. I was playing strength with a bigass shield and cheesing with poison arrows when there were too many enemies. I wasn't really having as much fun as when I was playing last. So I switched to a Alonne Knight setup with Katanas and remembered what I enjoy about this game, fighting a boss without even getting hit.

    I've already done a lot of quality and dex builds though. So I'm wanting to try something else. Looking towards a dex/int build with fast weapons and light armour. So any advice on what weapons I should use? Any weapons that scale with both when infused or not infused?

    I guess that the blue flame is a no-brainer? Any ideas for other weapons and/or armour for fashion souls? I'm in Vanilla and not aversed to grinding stuff.

    submitted by /u/Instantcoffees
    [link] [comments]

    Getting Disconnected to Game Servers constantly (PS4)

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 05:59 AM PDT

    As title says. I posted something on this a few days back and I constantly get disconnected from the game servers. Ethernet chord is in, PSPlus is working, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/Jerkntworstboi
    [link] [comments]

    Coming from DSR | What is this UI | What are these Controls

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 01:24 AM PDT

    Hello There, as you've guessed, I am coming from a strong 100hrs of dark souls remastered campaign, I've completed quests, defeated the lord of cinder in a speedrun and have praised the Sun, Now I want to take a step further and play DS2, The only problem is the convoluted UI that I guess is full of A and B buttons(console?)My guess is that it is built to be played with a console, to be fair I have never owned or used a console in my life, to start now would be a waste of huge amount of time for me, So I am searching for a mod that makes things easier for me or some light on how to remap the unmmapable, primary issue is the jump and parry options, also I am unable to lock on stuff, the character hits like a drunk and without a locking mechanism as of now I can't hit enemies.

    Edit: Solved!

    submitted by /u/Monothicc
    [link] [comments]

    do i even need anything other than drangleic shield and bastard sword ?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 04:27 AM PDT

    since i started my playthrough i haven't used any other weapon after the bastard sword, is it enough to beat the game ?

    i've upgraded it to +7 now and its nice

    submitted by /u/AtomicCockRetard
    [link] [comments]

    Summon

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 04:11 AM PDT

    Every time me and my friend try to summon each other once we get into the world my friend just stops moving from my perspective but keeps moving like nothing happened. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it something to do with his internet? I personally don't think it's that because we did a whole play through together and never had any problems before.

    submitted by /u/N1ghtmare2411
    [link] [comments]

    Fume Knight PS4

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 10:02 PM PDT

    Wanting to get Two of each of Fume Knights weapons. So I thought why not farm him three more times for sunlight medals. Comment if you're interested S.M. 6.1 million.

    submitted by /u/Soulsbyorn
    [link] [comments]

    Watchdragon Parma is the coolest shield in Dark Souls.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 03:35 PM PDT

    I mean look at it... its perfect. It doesnt even fully negate damage which means only those worthy of fashion may use it. Its not even good, its just fucking cool as fuck. Shit. What a shield.

    submitted by /u/GooeyGlobs4U
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment