• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 12, 2021

    Dark Souls A nice dude helped me thru O and S

    Dark Souls A nice dude helped me thru O and S


    A nice dude helped me thru O and S

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 09:17 PM PDT

    I rested at the first bonfire in the castle and started to continue on and got invaded, I was just like "oh boy, lets get thru this" and here comes the guy, he just starts putting his shield up and down over and over, I decide to take the risk and trust em, he just starts taking me thru the castle, showed me the loot, showed what were real chest and what were mimics, when there was a enemy ahead he'd do the shield thing agaisnt the wall, he just lead me thru the castle, but unfortunately I died, but he messaged me a minute or two later and said he'd place his sign at the bonfire, I ended up summoning him again (after being invaded twice in a row) and he asked me if my weapon was +5 yet, it wasn't (I was using the great axe from the dragon in the depths) and he just leaves, asked me to summon him again, dropped some dragon scales and gave me a soul and told me to upgrade it, I did so and then we went on to journey the castle, we killed the boss and it was fun, I'm very lucky he helped me upgrade the weapon aswell since now it just shreds (still my first playthrough)

    submitted by /u/jackatron1
    [link] [comments]

    It's pretty crazy they just give you the zweihander 5 seconds into the game

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 01:26 PM PDT

    This thing stunlocks like half the bosses. Taurus demon, Capra demon, gargoyles, O&S and Super Smough, Gwyn, the Sanctuary demon. And as a bandit you can use it immediately coming out of the undead Asylum. It's nuts

    submitted by /u/Mousefire777
    [link] [comments]

    I think DS is harder than DS3. Not because of boss difficulty , but cannot fast travel.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    I spent a lot of time in travelling between Firelink Shrine to Andre. Whereas in DS3 everyone is chilling in one place.

    submitted by /u/WinterMixture8
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t upgrade my lightning spear

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 10:58 PM PDT

    I have titanite chunks but it won't let me upgrade it. It appears like this "Titanite Chunk: 3/0". It requires zero titanite chunks? There must ve something I'm missing

    submitted by /u/BlankCartographer53
    [link] [comments]

    What's the worst boss in the game? (in your opinion)

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 02:14 PM PDT

    Not the most difficult but the one you hate the most.

    submitted by /u/Joaco_Gomez_1
    [link] [comments]

    I am excited to claim that I will finally start Dark Souls franchise are there any tips for newcomers?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Recently, I started reading the manga Berserk and I was so engrossed in it that I eventually started consuming everything related to it. That's what caused the last push for me to buy all Souls games and beat them one after another. I want to feel like a badass swinging giant sword against eldritch horrors in a dystopian world.

    I have heard that the best thing to do is go blind without any help. Unfortunately, I know about this game since early YouTube when they were some hilarious walkthroughs for the game and I know a couple useful tactics like "shoot the dragon in the tail until it dies, beware of chests, cutting tails yields weapons, don't get cursed, watch out for cool wolves with swords" , etc.

    That's why I decided I am going to play armed with the biggest slab of iron I can get while carrying heavy armor in order to deviate as much as possible from what I know or what is considered optimal, trying to fully immerse myself playing the way I want to it be.

    Any tips or advise are highly welcome as the game is known for not holding your hand along your journey. Hopefully, I will be able to beat all of them,

    P.S Praise the Sun.

    submitted by /u/TerrorWraith
    [link] [comments]

    What is the lore behind the "Egg Head" mechanic?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 11:59 PM PDT

    I had no idea about this Egg Head thing until today, and I am fascinated by it. I'm a big roleplayer when I play Dark Souls, so I'd like to know why in the world I would let myself become infested.

    Am I helping the fair lady reproduce? What do the offspring look like if someone were to incubate these eggs? I haven't seen any mini half-spider/half-people running around, so maybe I'm wrong about that first question.

    Anyways, if you can't tell, I'm baffled and intrigued. God I love this game so much.

    submitted by /u/PompousGoblin
    [link] [comments]

    Any strats to kill Sif?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 02:19 AM PDT

    I've been having trouble trying to kill her since she has that double sword slash and I can't seem to roll her effectively (Using the black night shield). I need a safe way to estus flask since getting in her belly only half of the time considering the A.I keeps jumping all the time. I use the drake sword. Any strats?

    submitted by /u/Few-Candle-4308
    [link] [comments]

    Ds1 what is the best strait sword to get before Anor London?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 05:29 PM PDT

    I prefer the straight sword over any weapon purely for the feel of them but there damage output is pretty lacking what's the best one to get before Anor Londo?

    submitted by /u/Agimar84
    [link] [comments]

    A strategy for four kings

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    I'm not a pro player but I want to challenge myself. So I'm doing a speedrun among my friends. I've been to four kings and I'm using black Knight sword which is clearly not ideal for four Kings. Since I've been doing a speedrun I skipped several items and I don't know what I should use on four kings to kill it ASAP. I only have long sword and I'm not sure if it'll be enough. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/eminotsee
    [link] [comments]

    when does miracle damage stop scaling with faith

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 11:46 PM PDT

    playing a cleric and I want to know when miracle damage stop scaling with faith. ( I think 40 is soft cap and 60 is had cap but im not sure)

    submitted by /u/McChicken-Man1
    [link] [comments]

    I need a soul of Gwendolyn for knights honor

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 03:38 AM PDT

    Does someone have an extra one they can spare (a weapon forged with is soul would be fine to) I also need a soul of sif for collection but it's not as important we can discuss payment in the comments [Ps4][DSR]

    submitted by /u/kalogheros17
    [link] [comments]

    Does the fire start to dwindle after a maximum of 1000 years? If so....

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 03:24 AM PDT

    So I was thinking how the first age of fire lasted supposedly 1000 years before Gwyn re lit it, do you suppose that means each age only lasts for a maximum of 1000 years? Also since the fire gets weaker each time, each age of fire gets shorter.

    Also, in DS2, they seemed really confused of what the curse was so it's implied that it's been long enough to where they forgot, but you would think that "so under 1000 years ago people just stopped dying because of the fire", you would think something like that would need several thousand years before people forgot about something like that.

    submitted by /u/roger0120
    [link] [comments]

    Phantom ??? If you can see this, thank you <3

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 03:17 AM PDT

    Thank you for all the stuff and helping me get past the archers, you are what makes dark souls community the best community of them all! Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/MorrisMorris917
    [link] [comments]

    When I came back to firelink two fatties and a maiden were attacking me

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    Also I hit that guy underneath the bridge by accident, the one with the glasses on his helmet. Was he important or anything?

    submitted by /u/Tryrunningfatty
    [link] [comments]

    Having a blast with the Demon's Great Hammer

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    I played through the game once on pc- prepare to die edition as a pyromancer. Decided to go for the plat in all the souls games, and decided to do my ps4 playthrough with the Demon's Great Hammer.

    I remember my first playthrough having a helluva time with the Gargoyles. I two-shotted each of them with DGH.

    Capra and those damn dogs can suck one though. I'm gonna two shot him once i get past those bastards and it's going to be glorious.

    submitted by /u/_Armbarmitzvah_
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat O&S summoning two knights and i feel a bit dirty.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 02:58 PM PDT

    Hi guys. I bought the game last year, got stuck at the gargoyles and gave up.

    My son annoying me with the games i don't play anymore, i restarted dark souls and after some training, i could beat them. Since that, i advanced quite well, I'm not great at it, but start to be ok. I trained a lot to get a great axe +10, a quite strong shield +5. Beating Lautrec was so hard.

    I tried a few times O&S, quite got a strategy but it was not enough. I was like, screw it, i try to summon all what I can. And the boss was a piece of cake, i make hit it twice and threw knifes for fun.

    Is that killing the game or is it a totally reasonable way of playing? I'm not really interested in doing a NG+. Does it bring way more stuff or not really.

    Hydra just one shot me in the water, I'm stopping for tonight. The game is obsessing me a bit

    submitted by /u/PrisonersofFate
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] how does the dragon covenant work?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 04:35 AM PDT

    Is the eye one use only? Is it like invading or more like the nito covenant death eye invasion?

    submitted by /u/kalogheros17
    [link] [comments]

    Recently got to Anor Londo for the first time - curious about what ppl think of my approach

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 11:18 AM PDT

    like the title says - finally reached Anor Londo after about 6 months of playing but the way that i've been progressing through the game has been fairly unorthodox and i just wanted to share

    first, some background: i worked as a grocery store cashier for 3+ years and a big part of that job is memorizing PLU codes for produce. i had come up with a nice and efficient way to jam all of that info into my brain - i would memorize a set of 5 codes forwards and backwards, memorize the next 5, then all 10 at once; continually adding sets of 5 (from 10 to 15, 15 to 20, 20 to 25, etc...) until i had everything down

    now the part about dark souls - i've been doing this thing where as soon as i beat new boss (as in, new for me) i would ABANDON my current character and make a new one, specifically to catch up to where i left off with my previous character. for example: after i beat the Bell Gargoyles, i made a new character and took down Taurus Demon + Bell Gargoyles + Capra Demon. after downing the Capra Demon, i made a new character to explore The Depths and defeated the aforementioned bosses + Gaping Dragon. so on and so forth

    there were a couple of spots where i kept pushing forwards (Blighttown + Sen's Fortress) but it was mostly because of the tedious nature of going through those areas the first couple of times

    i have 2 characters that have reached Anor Londo right now and i'm planning on finishing the game with the both of them. just felt compelled to share the torture i put myself through because i was so DESPERATE to Git Gud. took me 2 weeks to beat Taurus Demon the first time, then 2 days, then 2 hours, and now i'm in Darkroot via Undead Parish in 20-30 minutes

    submitted by /u/nd999fx
    [link] [comments]

    my first try at doing a no death run, and do yall have any tips? also idk how to edit so the vid is long af.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 09:56 PM PDT

    Hellkite Dragon spontaneously died?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 04:06 AM PDT

    I'd only just triggered the scene where the dragon arrives at the bridge above the Undead Burg bonfire, and then decided to do a bit of soul farming, using the thing where you make the dragon repeatedly torch the hollows on the bridge. But on the third run, as I was dropping down to the bonfire again, I heard the dragon scream, and recieved 10,000 souls.

    It's evident that the dragon died somehow, but I was down below at the time so didn't get to see what caused it. I guess this was a glitch of some form. Anyone else had something similar happen?

    I've got one theory, but it's a bit wild. I went the long way round using the master key, and haven't killed the Taurus demon yet. I wonder if the dragon managed to bump into the Taurus demon in its waiting position on top of the tower, fatally interrupting its flying animation. I'm imagining the bug with the Ash Lake hydra where it can die if it bumps into a clam while jumping over the sandbank.

    submitted by /u/Arvaus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment