• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 1, 2021

    Dark Souls Just experienced the weirdest invasion of my life.

    Dark Souls Just experienced the weirdest invasion of my life.


    Just experienced the weirdest invasion of my life.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:11 AM PDT

    This dude drops in and tries to punch me to death with parries and backstabs. I get him to about a third of his health, mf bows, drops seven large shards, and jumps off a cliff. Sanguinario if you're out there on PS3, godspeed you magnificent bastard.

    EDIT: He came back about ten minutes later and fucked me in the ass with what appeared to be a fire enchanted dagger capable of three-shotting me. For context I have just reached Undead burg for the first time in this run.

    submitted by /u/TacticalCowboy
    [link] [comments]

    Souls dropped by a hacker

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 02:05 AM PDT

    So this guy just invaded me and threw 99 Artorias' souls will that get me banned, or will I be okay if I just throw them away?.

    submitted by /u/pacdevulu
    [link] [comments]

    Manus soul should count as one of the 4 required Lordvessel souls

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    Lore wise, Manus may possibly be the Furtive Pygmy, meaning he would have one of the Lord Souls. Even if not, if there is anyone with a soul powerful enough to fire up the Lordvessel...it's our boy Manus.

    But who cares about lore. Gameplay wise, you'd have 5 paths but only have to do 4 of them to win after getting the Lordvessel, making the weaker second half of the game more interesting. This would also further incentivize doing the DLC each playthrough, which is great since the DLC is arguably the highest quality part of the game IMO.

    Plus, you could choose Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith as the path you skip which would make the game way more replayable cause screw those areas.

    But most importantly, you could save Sif in the chasm of the abyss, get Manus soul, and not have to kill Sif later by skipping the Four Kings path. In fact this is the only reason I made this post. It should not be legal to force the player to kill Sif after Sif recognizes them. Shame on you From Software. >:(

    Thank you for coming to my tiny TED talk.

    submitted by /u/balrog_reborn
    [link] [comments]

    A Decade Long Quest

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 11:08 PM PDT

    Back in 2011 a friend of mine got me to buy Dark Souls. I had absolutely no idea what I was getting into when I first started. I got frustrated, I felt I wasn't getting it (I wasn't), the challenge felt to be too much. This was only at the Bell Gargoyles, a common place for many to quit the game. One and off over the years I'd restart, try getting better, giving Dark Souls a chance. Every time it ended the same, I'd reach the Gargoyles and go Hollow again.

    With the release of Dark Souls Remastered, I finally decided I'd give it one last go. One final push to conquer a game that since middle school had made me question my abilities to understand games. Nearly a decade had passed and I'd graduated high school, college, you name it, but beating Dark Souls wasn't on my list of accomplishments.

    The start of the COVID lockdowns gave me the perfect opportunity to sit myself down and make that last trek into Dark Souls. I booted up the game, started a new save, and I don't know if it was determination or familiarity with the Undead Asylum, but something clicked. I finally GOT Dark Souls. Death wasn't a failure, getting lost wasn't me being bad, every blunder and hiccup became a learning experience. Within no time at all I'd made it the Gargoyles again. A set of stony bastards that had haunted me to a degree for nearly a decade were before me again. I wish I could say I got them my first try that run, but alas I didn't. Got them on my third though! And with that the biggest hurdle the game had thrown at me up to that point was vanquished. A huge weighted bag of stress was lifted off my shoulders. I was no longer Hollow.

    As you all can tell by the date of this post, I didn't breeze through the game in a couple of days, or weeks. I took small steps starting off (had started a new job as well and was focusing on it too). Those small steps became strides as I got more and more refined at the game. I suck ass at PvP, but I finally felt comfortable and ready to take on everything in PvE. The Depths, Blighttown, Darkroot, Anor Londo, etc. etc. Each and every zone explored and conquered. Each finished zone getting me more hooked!

    Tonight I decided to deep dive into my last few tasks since I have the day off. What started with a challenging walk through Oolacile's past became a duel with Artorias, a reunion with Sif, a battle with the Four Kings, and finally my final task with succeeding Gwyn. Tonight I beat the game. It took me a decade, but I finally beat Dark Souls… and I'm ready for the other Soulsborne games. It's time to take on that beautiful portion of my gaming backlog!

    TL;DR: Got Dark Souls on the 360 at launch, didn't beat it. Finally 10 years later I beat Dark Souls Remastered and have found one of my "new" favorite games. AMA

    submitted by /u/King_Smithy
    [link] [comments]

    Wtf i just realised you just get the fuck out the seath first encouter by walking out of the fog.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:02 PM PDT

    Let me be clear you have to die there still or do the skip but thats so weird to be able to leave a boss fight.

    submitted by /u/NikeonXX
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a place to farm white soul items

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:31 PM PDT

    So I am trying to make a max level character in dark souls remastered and I am planning on using quantity storage to get the levels fast .is there a place to farm white soul items?

    submitted by /u/Turbocoder046
    [link] [comments]

    I have 2 different great swords of Artorias and i dont know why

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 01:57 AM PDT

    So i have the great sword of artorias made from sifs soul on my main game but on my other game i did the same thing which is make the great sword of artorias with sifs soul but got a different looking sword. it even has a different bio. is there a second sword u could make that im not aware of? and no im not talking about the abyss great sword.

    submitted by /u/Deepfriedbitchboi
    [link] [comments]

    The world feels HUGE!!!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:48 PM PDT

    I am a more casual fan, and while I have played all the games, I admit I am not that great at the games, and it took me 150+ hours to beat the first game. It got frustrating at times, but I still love it.

    Anyway, I wanted to highlight something that feels present in almost all of the games in the series. The world. I don't know this for sure, but I think that Dark Souls doesn't have one of the biggest worlds in games. Not only that, but in my eyes, it is only, kind of, and open world game. Yet, to me anyway, somehow all the worlds in all the games feel so much bigger than any open world game I've played, (AC: Odyssey, GTA, Skyrim, Red Dead, etc).

    It could just be how the levels are layed out and displayed, but the world of Lordran seems so freaking huge. Looking up at all the huge set pieces around you, like the bridge above Firelink Shrine, seeing the whole city where you find your destiny, etc.

    I know it IS big, but even playing though the whole game, I feel like I only just scratched the surface of the world, even if I have explored everything. Is it just me?

    submitted by /u/Plenty_Celebration_4
    [link] [comments]

    Tomb of giants

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:57 PM PDT

    Wow I legit just almost quit the game over being down there.

    Does it even lead anywhere? What's past that door of light? Sheesh that was rough.

    submitted by /u/vSalvy
    [link] [comments]

    So I sided with Kaathe, when I went to speak to frampt he said 2 lines of dialogue and then left, but I accidentally skipped said dialogue, what did he say?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 12:48 PM PDT

    I thought I had to use the talk option in the dialogue menu for him to say that dialogue before he leaves but he said it while I was approaching, so I accidentally skipped it

    submitted by /u/SirRoderic
    [link] [comments]

    A milestone in my life

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:38 PM PDT

    So, I made a very big milestone in my life, I realized a dream that I've been waiting for a long long time to come true. I completed the ds1 story, and now, i'm going to do the same on ds2 and ds3.

    submitted by /u/Vyrder
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I go after beating nito?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:15 PM PDT

    I looked it up online and it said to go to dukes archives, new londo, or izylth. I have already beat the queen of izylth, 4 kings, seath, and nito.

    submitted by /u/10_pounds_of_salt
    [link] [comments]

    I LOOVE being summoned and I want to be summoned even more!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 04:36 AM PDT

    So this is my first time playing online and I understood that I could help other people to lower the requirement to join warrior of sunlight. I tried several places to place my summon sign but never got summoned until the depths, I got summoned 4 times!!

    My question is are there certain places that I would have a higher chance of being summoned?

    submitted by /u/noon7
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with Logan

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 03:20 AM PDT

    I wanted to have 100% in DS 1 and I just need to have all the magic. The thing is, when Logan is released from Sen's fortress and he's sitting in the sanctuary he tells me something like "You're not ready to learn the spells yet" and I was wondering if I had to have any statistics raised. Thanks

    submitted by /u/NoSoyAdmin
    [link] [comments]

    Please help alleviate my sufferring! Lmao

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 12:52 AM PDT

    So I've spent the last few days platinuming both Dark Souls 3 AND Dark Souls 2 back to back. I was able to do both entirely offline, but my lord was the grind unbearable lol. I'm wrapping up the last trophies I have for Dark Souls Remastered now, on PS4/5, and I was wondering if there's anybody that has "all rare weapons" that would be willing to join my game and drop them to me so that I don't have to do 3 or more playthroughs to get the trophy for it. Naturally, I'll drop them all back after getting it. I just don't feel like spending so much time working towards it when I've already beaten the game so many times before lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to message me here!

    submitted by /u/wobedyeldarb
    [link] [comments]

    Your first playthrough gear vs second/NG+ playthrough?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 11:43 PM PDT

    I love the knight aesthetic so I usually gravitate towards strength builds, and for my very first game, I rocked the black iron set, hid behind a 100% physical reduction shield, and poked everything to death with a +15 halberd. I pretty much never went two handed and mid rolled the whole game.

    But after gitting a little more gud and seeing all the dope armor sets I could get (as cool as black armor set is), for my second go-round I'm rolling with the brass armor set from the anor londo firekeeper, a grass crest shield on my back and an uchigatana. The fashion souls is real - I look like a fkin golden samurai knight something or other lol. And having high endurance and fap + havel ring I'm able to fast roll as well which feels amazing.

    I'm just curious as to other people's gear like weapon/armor choices from first playthrough compared to subsequent playthroughs or NG+. Are you still using the same stuff, or if not what changed and what's your favorite loadout now? Feel free to share

    submitted by /u/jhinandjuice26
    [link] [comments]

    Saw this on a hard drive and laughed

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    The Legend of Blue

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 11:08 PM PDT

    I am currently doing my first pyromancer build and was having a bit of trouble doing consistent damage in the beginning, so I summoned a player for help with the Gaping Dragon (I had 20,000 souls and was not about to lose them). I forget his full name, but he had blue in the title, so I'll call him Blue. He wore a sack on his head and not much else. Before we entered the fog gate, he dropped a few items for me, and I was happily surprised. However, it wasn't until I picked up the items that true glee set in. He dropped both of the Tracer swords, a sunlight maggot, a +5 scythe, a +5 Iaito, and best of all, a + 10 Sack (among other things I can't remember) He then proceeded to dominate the dragon and leave. I will never forget Blue, as I use the Gold Tracer in his name. Where ever you are Blue, you are a true legend.

    submitted by /u/KnightOwl623
    [link] [comments]

    Decided to wear the armor pieces of my fallen brothers to fight Gwyn

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:42 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/eSJaE5i

    First playthrough, Wasnt able to save Solaire nor Siegmeyer in lost izalith so I decided to wear their armor in their name so they could make it to the end.

    Helm (Oscar) Torso (Solaire) Gauntlets (Siegmeyer)

    submitted by /u/himmeup
    [link] [comments]

    What's the worst nice thing you do in PvP?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 04:25 AM PDT

    I drop dung pies, usually about 20 units.

    submitted by /u/AKenkuNamedKinko
    [link] [comments]

    Swordless Sif

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    Aloha all!

    So, still on my first playthru, I've reached the part of Darkroot Garden where I must face Sif. He's killed me a couple of times, and I'm just pausing here before I try again. However, he has no sword. I've done my research... I'm following a couple of guides, and watched a couple of videos, and he's supposed to be wielding a giant sword in his mouth.

    Unless there's more than one giant wolf to slay?

    I'm on an XBox 360, possibly playing an unpatched version.

    submitted by /u/chimerix
    [link] [comments]

    Is my save screwed?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 04:15 AM PDT

    Just started my second playthrough so by all means still a noob. Just got to the undead parish area. Some guy invaded me and something weird happened: I got a ton of "humanity restored" messages, got cursed and died. Took a minute or so before I could respawn at the bonfire because of the humanity restored messages. When I respawned above the blacksmith all my gear was broken and Andre was dead. I haven't checked other npcs yet, but yeah, bottom line is I'm pretty sure I was invaded by a hacker.

    How screwed am I? Should I restart? And does dsr have any protection mods like ds3? I blocked this person on steam. Thank you

    submitted by /u/Cerberose
    [link] [comments]

    Gonna start DS1 Remastered on PS4. Any tips and tricks?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 04:16 AM PDT

    Hello there, I trust you are well and keeping safe.

    As someone who 100%ed the trophy lists on both Bloodborne and Demon's Souls Remake on PS5, I would like to know what to look out for and what habits to avoid. I'm already used to the GIT GUD mindset and dying a lot while learning from your mistakes, however I would like to know some stuff I should be mindful of, for this and the future Dark Souls games when I get to them.

    submitted by /u/V_Master
    [link] [comments]

    Fun challenge runs?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    I've done broken sword, sl1, deathless, miracle only.... Any ideas what to do?

    submitted by /u/Private_Donut_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment