• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 4, 2021

    Dark Souls Is Dark Souls Remastered worth playing still?

    Dark Souls Is Dark Souls Remastered worth playing still?


    Is Dark Souls Remastered worth playing still?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 12:55 AM PDT

    I just finished Dark Souls 3 (i did have help on several bosses) what I've noticed is that this game isn't hard in an unfair sense but more so you keep playing, getting your ass beaten until you inevitably get so good that you can dance around bosses and curbstomp them.

    Its a matter of investing time and getting better, but for me I didn't feel like putting in the time to finish the game and decided to have someone help me curbstomp Soul of Cinder

    Maybe one day I will go back to DS3 and do another run solo.

    But is Dark Souls Remastered still worth playing? I have an Xbox and its 20 bucks right now but I'm really concerned is that if anyone is still playing the game on Xbox and if I need help if I can summon someone.

    submitted by /u/KapSnak10
    [link] [comments]

    If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    Hey! I wanted to share this fun mini comic I made xD

    https://twitter.com/VaiCupcakes/status/1422577251447619588

    submitted by /u/CupcakesWii
    [link] [comments]

    So this post has an extremely small chance to work but hey what the hell… (plz help)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 11:25 PM PDT

    So my friend and I are making a dark souls card game. However, we need to finish up WAY too much work for the two of us in roughly 10 days. If the community randomly decides to help us out rn (which is probably a .0000004% chance of actually happening) then we may be able to finish up the game for everyone to play on tabletop simulator.

    Must have some kind of photoshop skills and for this to work we'd need maybe 20 active helpers each day.

    Upvoting would be much appreciated… I don't expect much at all from this post but you miss every shot you don't take.

    FOR THOSE INTERESTED: DM me on discord: hungryhyena78#3610. The work on this project is EXTREMELY tedious, so hopefully your brain can withstand true pain while working on it with us.

    EDIT: There's a clear misconception here that I'll be selling this game. This is not to be sold and no money will be earned. It is purely for fun. I've already spent 40+ hours on this project entirely for the payout of having fun. We bit off more than we could chew and require a bit of assistance is all. I apologize if the "no money" part makes this post a joke. I'm simply trying to make a fun dark souls based card game with a friend. (Read edit #2 below)

    Let me also take a moment to explain key features to the game so that this project of mine doesn't seem like a waste.

    EVERY single item, enemy, boss, spell, weapon, shield, armor (except for leggings and gauntlets for reasons) FROM EVERY GAME (DeS, BB, DS1-3, Sekiro) will be in this game. Every enemy and item will have 4 rarities. Common, Rare, Legendary, and Forsaken. Enemies drop souls when defeated which are used to buy gear at shops that are scattered in a dungeon. Currently, every single area is made and completely randomized when a dungeon is made. (Random dungeon generator). There are also full combat mechanics with values for every item and character.

    We HAVE beta tested the game and it's fucking awesome. It's extremely fun to play a dark souls dungeon crawler card game. However, with this much work by ourselves it seems impossible.

    Every enemy has NG-NG+6 statistics. Every weapon and armor can be upgraded. All players can level their stamina, health, faith, intelligence, strength, and dex throughout the game with souls as well. EVERY RARITY of EVERY enemy will have special powers. Some enemies summon other enemies, while others have AOE attacks, etc.

    And that's the gist. It's a lot of shit. If the game was made one day I'd probably never stop playing it. It would be the best dark souls style card game out there FOR FREE for anyone to play at any time.

    Edit #2: My young self was informed that even a free game can have legal risks. My mistake.

    submitted by /u/ttvhungryhyena78
    [link] [comments]

    Why dark souls is so good?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    For real, everthing in this game is at least an 8! What is the best and worst thing in the game for you? Best: lore Worst: Mage enemy in the Abyss dlc

    submitted by /u/Global-Standard-3346
    [link] [comments]

    DORK SOULS "Gaping Dragon" (Dark Souls Short Parody)

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 06:28 AM PDT

    Hey everybody, just wanted to share with the community my latest Dark Souls cartoon, I hope you enjoy it! ^ ^
    https://youtu.be/QsOYGiA_hh8
    Matthew Shezmen

    submitted by /u/m-shezmen
    [link] [comments]

    I just noticed... that Gwyn couldn’t have been the one to disown the god of war.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:45 PM PDT

    Sunlight Blades miracle clearly says so...

    "Miracle wielded by Lord Gwyn's firstborn. Boost right weapon with rays of Sun. The power of sunlight, manifested as lightning, is very effective against dragons. When the eldest son was stripped of his deific status, he left this on his father's coffin, perhaps as a final farewell."

    When he was stripped of his deific status, he was either exiled right away or he spent some time in Anor Londo before leaving. But regardless, that happened AFTER Gwyn left to kindle the first flame as a farewell.

    Is there any reason as to why this is so often omitted? Maybe there is more ambiguity in the original Japanese text too... but I don't know Japanese.

    submitted by /u/Knighterws
    [link] [comments]

    I finally did it

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 03:01 AM PDT

    I completed O&S, after so many attempts I start a new day, espresso down me and I complete it first try. Never felt happier, I love dark souls as no boss is impossible you just need to get better.

    submitted by /u/dsceltic67
    [link] [comments]

    Bored to tears as a Sorcerer

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 06:46 PM PDT

    Game oscillates between mind numbingly easy and 100% bullshit with no enjoyable middle ground compared to basic 2H Heavy Armor gameplay. DS2 was no better honestly. Does any FromSoft game get magic right?

    submitted by /u/LobotomyJesus
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite gaming moment ever

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:11 AM PDT

    So today I fought Artorias for the first time and oh boy, it was amazing. This is legit the best gaming moment I've ever experienced. After a couple of tries I knew his attacks and was able to dodge them easily, not without slips ups but most of the time I didn't get hit.

    But at the very end I fuck up and he hits me with the double front-flip ground smash and with another attack after that.

    At this moment I knew shit was about to get serious. My hands started to sweat, my heart started beating rapidly, my breath became very fast as I was focusing on the intimidating knight that was standing right in front of me.

    He had about 1/3 of hp left, while I had such a tiny portion that even a light attack from a hollow could kill me.

    Right before all of this happened I wasn't fast enough so he was able to power-up a few times. Because of this his attacks were coming at me left, right, up and down. I wasn't able to find any opening to take even a tiny sip of my estus.

    I was dodging all of his attacks, he was continuously jumping in the air and landing with so much force I could feel the ground shake. I was chopping away on his hp, bit by bit, knowing that a tiny mistake could cost me my best attempt yet.

    But after minutes of me dodging all of the attacks that were swung at me. I see it, he's just a few hits away from death. I feel hope streaming into my body knowing that my victory is withing my grasp.

    I focus even more. He does his stab attack, I dodge to the left BAM. That's a hit, only a few left. He does his double front-flip smash again, the attack that got me into this position in the first place. TING TANG. I hit him twice. Now he has just as much health left as me, maybe even less.

    He attempts to stab once again, I dodge to the left, run op to him and hit him in the back. With that I know I am victorious. I see the knight that intimidated me just a few moments ago, fall to his knees. The feeling was unexplainable. His body dissapears while his soul floats into my hand. I did it. I won!

    Thank you dark souls for this amazing experience. I will probably never forget this moment.

    I think it's safe to say dark souls is officially my favorite game now.

    Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/PolishSeal
    [link] [comments]

    Bed of Chaos

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 03:38 AM PDT

    Is there a shortcut to this creature/monster/abomination called Bed of Chaos? I'm in the bonfire where it's just before lost Izalith and where you find Solaire sitting having a bad day :( Im just tired of traveling all this way tlim the lava with all these horrifying fossil dinosaurs.

    submitted by /u/Abo-youssef_2006
    [link] [comments]

    I found a chest that gives me almost all key items in the game

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 01:15 AM PDT

    So after my previous post where I discover that I am forever human, I found more bug and glitch after that. All of the chest, loot corpse and bonfire have been reset. Big hat Logan is in firelink even though I didn't enter Eldo Londo. My Firelink bonfire now gives 20 Estus even though I didn't kindle it. And now I found this chest.. has anyone have this bug before. This is my very first playthrough of Dark soula and I am very confused

    Lautec and Firekeeper both disappear, Bonfire at Firelink works perfectly find and there is nothing to collect from where Firekeeper used to be

    https://imgur.com/a/zWhriHa

    submitted by /u/UR_UNDER_ARREST
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat dark souls 1! It was easy

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 03:05 PM PDT

    I had havel's armor and the grave lord sword I think that's what it's called that game is a solid 10/10

    submitted by /u/Zealousideal-Tutor54
    [link] [comments]

    So the Capra Demon is a fucking nightmare

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    took me at least 10+ tries to beat him. he isn't even that hard of a boss it's just those fucking dogs and his one jumping attack that just always get me. definitely feeling the difficulty. all this said I still think the game is pretty well balanced

    submitted by /u/mcdonalds_baconater
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to do PvP ?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 02:27 AM PDT

    Hello there,

    I'm an old player of DS but I never really did PvP, only PvE. I bought DS remastered few days ago to try it and do an good ol' run and why not try the PvP. But it seems there is nobody.

    Maybe I did it wrong ? I try the arena near Artorias but there was nobody.

    Now I just joined the dark moon covenant and try different area to search guilty player but again no one.

    Do you have any insight ? In PvE I have huge knowledge but in PvP Im' quite the noob ^^

    I hear that"s the forest it's the place to be but..

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/LaurieFalcon
    [link] [comments]

    Most OP build for dark souls remastered?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 08:26 PM PDT

    If this has been asked a lot here, I apologise in advice but I couldn't find anything that properly answered my question.

    Looking for an OP list of weapons/spells, what weapons I should upgrade and with what enhancement, what stats I should spec into and any other gear and equipment I should obtain.

    Finally, is armour basically useless like it is in DS3? And are there any stats that you should just dump altogether?

    I really want to get into the game but despite 50 hours of practise spanning 2 games, I still suck major ass lol.
    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Monki_Coma
    [link] [comments]

    Big Hat Logan

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 10:47 AM PDT

    This man is starting to piss me off. I freed him form sen's fortress, and I talked to him in Firelink. Then I went to the Duke's Archives and I've traveled the place about 3 times to find the key and he DISAPPEARED?!Where is he? He is one slippy boi.

    submitted by /u/Abo-youssef_2006
    [link] [comments]

    My favourite boss battle out of the Souls games.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 11:50 AM PDT

    Ornstein and Smough. The first time I played through DS1 they gave me so bad of a beating I had to summon Solaire and I still almost choked that fight up too lmao

    I'm playing it again on the PS5 and my god. The battle was so exhilarating. I ended up using Quelaags Furysword and it just helped a ton. I felt so proud once I beat them without any summons I actually feel like I can take on the world now 🤣

    I love DS3 but O & S will forever hold a special place in my heart. Favourite boss battle by far. IMO the best boss battle theme of them all.

    submitted by /u/vedadk
    [link] [comments]

    DORK SOULS "Gaping Dragon" (Dark Souls Short Parody)

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 01:30 AM PDT

    Quelaag

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:34 PM PDT

    So this is my second time going through ds1 and I don't wanna cheese or summon but on quelaag I can't find a good weapon and don't wanna use my drakes word cause it keeps losing so much durability, any suggestions or if I should like upgrade a halberd or something?

    submitted by /u/AManOfCulture_69_420
    [link] [comments]

    "I DID IT, I BEAT O&S!!!!!" First Time Playing DS1: part 5

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 05:05 PM PDT

    Anor Londo as an area is SO fun, but at one part......(Anor Londo archers) broke me. But the boss was phenomenal! Ornstein and Smough perfectly balance each other and when one absorbs the other's power, it's pretty sick. Even though it took me the same amount of tries as the gargoyles, I find this fight way harder. It takes so much awareness and it is really satisfying to dodge both of their attacks. I mainly killed Ornstein first, so I could fight SS, since he was easier. I heard this fight is the hardest fight in the main game and 4th, when u add the DLC. But, when I beat them and basically yelled with joy. Best fight so far!!!

    submitted by /u/Raider_Ki_ng
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make a glass cannon build

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 10:59 PM PDT

    I saw some videos on YouTube for glass cannon builds and the clips were cool but I need to know how to obtain the items and with what stats I need and all that stuff.

    submitted by /u/planearrow
    [link] [comments]

    How to take down the bell gargoyles

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 12:08 AM PDT

    1. Make sure your in human form
    2. Summon Solair
    3. Let Solair do his thing
    4. If all fails summon a player
    submitted by /u/planearrow
    [link] [comments]

    Any advices about levelling stats?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 03:49 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, I state that I am kinda noob to dark souls, it's the first game of the series I am playing and the first souls-like too, so I hope I'll get some help. When I started the game a friend that has already finished all of them told me to get uchigatana and keep going trough the game by using it, since it's a strong weapon. I did it for a while, but without knowing anything else I just put levels on strenght instead of dex, beacuse I wanted to try weapons that requires more strenght, so when I realised I was doing wrong, I just switched to weapons that are better for strenght build, like claymore and Zwhilander. Apart from this, I would like to receive some advices about how to keep levelling. Here is my current situation (As a pyromancer):

    Level: 52

    Vitality: 23

    Attunement: 12

    Endurance: 20

    Strenght: 25

    Dexterity: 16

    Resistante: 14

    Intelligence: 13

    Faith: 12

    Thanks in advance to everyone :)

    submitted by /u/BigCookie00
    [link] [comments]

    Hello guys!!! Any advices?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 03:36 AM PDT

    I've already completed the tutorial and come to Lordran. Any advices? Should i use more the shield or more the 2H sword? And where is the claymore? I've heard it's incredibly strong.

    I played previously bloodborne and dark souls 3 ( finished them, but i have to finish the dlc of ds3 , so how can i play better this game?

    submitted by /u/Lezzen79
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play DS2 and 3 before looking up Artorias lore?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 09:17 PM PDT

    I beat DS1 and am interested in Artorias' story but I don't wanna watch a vid if it ends up spoiling cool parts of the sequels.

    Edit: Ok I forgot there was a DLC. I'll play that first. Thanks y'all

    submitted by /u/tangmang14
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment