• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 5, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Gettin gud at the parry. This is my first time through DS2.

    Dark Souls 2 Gettin gud at the parry. This is my first time through DS2.


    Gettin gud at the parry. This is my first time through DS2.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 07:35 AM PDT

    sif

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    The first NPC invader didn’t go this well. I’m improving.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 08:20 AM PDT

    Pyromancies in a nutshell

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 02:48 PM PDT

    I hate the online system of this game, there are no positive aspects. I can't play with anyone beacuse of the soul crap

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 12:50 AM PDT

    Anyone who watched "HAPPY SOULS" will get this

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 08:24 PM PDT

    I did a miracles-only run and it was pretty fun

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 06:41 AM PDT

    As the title says, I did a miracles-only run through of the game recently to see how viable it actually is - the main conditions I set myself were: no weapons except for chimes (but if dragonrider happens to, you know, fall off his arena then I guess that counts as a miracle too); and optional bosses are optional, but Aldia would be my final main game boss (therefore vendrick isn't optional) and I would also do the main DLC bosses. Frigid Outskirts can do one though.

    Hardest fights were probably Elana, Fume, and the Burnt Ivory King pre-fight gank. Hardest areas were shulva and brume tower - amana was surprisingly easy. Fume and Alonne were the most enjoyable fights.

    I made a video about the run which you can check out here if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRtTG0Rt9Pc

    Any suggestions for other fun runs that aren't too brutally hard? I tried a butterfly set only (poisoning enemies) run a while back but got stuck at the rotten, although I think it IS theoretically possible, I just really struggled to proc poison on him past the half-way stage of his fight. I find the whole NG+7 fists only type of runs a bit too tedious to make good video content out of.

    submitted by /u/dedWest
    [link] [comments]

    1 to go

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 04:56 AM PDT

    Today i beat Elana and the slumpering dragon itself, so let me tell you about my suffering. Elana not once, not twice but three while times summoned Veldstat with the first summon and the proceaded to teleport around the place smacking me with a Hammer just to be reawokend from the coma she just put me in by anither big ass smack from Veldstat. Anyways when i finaly got her down i carryed on to the flying dragon mcFuck thinking ehh it cant get worse. I was WRONG. The damn lizzard proceaded to transform into a godamn jet plane, landing for fueling and takeoff agean all while oelting me with toxic fire. Anyways i finaly grounded the overgrown lizzard barbeque and finniahed the job some overly eager vlad the impaler wnabe started. The city itself was very nice beautifull level design, but hilly Hell it felt like a propper haunted house with like 4 ghosts chasing me while im frantucly trying to find the corpses that make the vounerable and going the wrong way just to get invaded by a clown.

    Tldr. Got violated but survived dlc 10/10 would get smacked agean.

    submitted by /u/Hahabigswordgoboom
    [link] [comments]

    Beating the second half of Amana without rolling

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    https://reddit.com/link/oykteu/video/80k96yhj0kf71/player

    I've spent the last 2-3 days trying to find the optimal way to go through the infamous second half of the shrine of Amana without rolling.

    This video shows a decent run, where I get hit a total of 6 times, this is far from good, but 4 of those hits came in sections where it essentially boils down to luck, that being opening the door, and traversing the fog gate.

    As for optimal routing, going left at the start saves you from a guaranteed hit by the heide old knight, whose tracking is so insane that they'll manage to hit you no matter what if you go near him. After that you need to manually dodge the incoming projectiles, find solid ground and maintain your right on the path leading to the small house, this is to avoid one of these frog enemies from jumping on you.

    After the house, you want to aggro the knight and only then jump on the platform to proceed, this is because he's like the heide knight, but faster and overall more dangerous, you really need to space yourself right.

    Contrary to the video, to dodge the next knight, you want to run a bit more towards the right before sprinting on solid ground.

    To avoid being hit at the fog wall you need to make ALL the guarding knights (4) start an attack animation without hitting you, and even then you're completely open to soul arrows. (This is by far the hardest part of the run).

    In my best run I got hit just 3 times, and even then 2 of those were at the fog wall, and the other one at the door. I'll definetely be trying this more, and hopefully post a no hit in the next few days.

    I might do Iron King's memory next, and let me know if you want any particular conditions for that one too.

    submitted by /u/EverythingWorksFancy
    [link] [comments]

    Can you do something about this? I already tried quitting the game just like how you do it in ds1 but it’s not working.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 02:51 PM PDT

    How not to get poisoned in the black glitch ?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 01:13 PM PDT

    Fuck that place.

    submitted by /u/bassem996
    [link] [comments]

    Starting dark souls 2 today. Any tips for someone who never played any of the dark souls games.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:14 AM PDT

    This is probably a stupid question

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    Is their a way to unhollow Lenigrast. I mean it wouldn't be hard to, I have five human effigies. I genuinely want to help him.

    submitted by /u/SarcasticGames_yt
    [link] [comments]

    ADP, AGL, and DPS

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 11:14 AM PDT

    So I'm SL 144, SOTFS edition, I'm trying to figure out what to level and there's conflicting reports on fextralife..

    My strength is 39, my dex is 28, my damage only gets upped by one to two points everytime I up one of those two stats (I'm using a +10 longsword). Wondering if I should stop focusing on that and focus on ADP? I've heard that it can make dodging easier since you have more invincibility in it.

    Sorry if this is a dumb question but I started on DS3 which doesn't have this extra elements of ADP so I'm a bit confused. Any help would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/XaavQensch
    [link] [comments]

    poorly timed lifegem + panic-roll =

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 07:13 PM PDT

    Can I skip Dark Souls 2 JUST FOR NOW?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:07 AM PDT

    I finished Dark Souls RE not long ago and could now jump right into Dark Souls 3 Deluxe because I don't have DS 2 yet (out of money lmao) normally I would play this in chronological order but I hear things in the past time that DS 2 is like, it plays an other story or somewhat and other controversial things.

    I mean I still would play it when I finally got DS 2 but Im such in hype now about the story after I played the first game (pls don't hate me) and I don't wanna miss anything story wise importance if I would skip that either, so I just thought and would say I am asking the experts, what should I do?

    I still have Bloodborne to play if most of you say play DS 2 before lol

    submitted by /u/Akezumaki
    [link] [comments]

    [Brume Tower] From the upper floor to the foyer without killing any enemies or using alluring skulls. (Semi-reliable)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 06:41 AM PDT

    https://reddit.com/link/oyhsci/video/aze61g1qjjf71/player

    I've not used alluring skulls in the video for a personal challenge, using them makes clearing the first room MUCH easier, and is what I recommend for players just looking to sprint through the area.

    This method isn't as reliable as the one I've used to complete the iron keep without killing enemies.

    What you want to do once you reach the "room" is aggro the 2 small enemies and the large one, firstly make them go in the corner by the stairs, then between the 2 corners shown (bringing them too far away will make them do a running attack once you reach the lever, resulting in your animation being cancelled). Wait for them to start an attack animation and sprint to the lever.

    This should buy you enough time to allow you to open the door. You might die right after, but atleast the hard part's done, and if you need to heal, the spot shown in the video is safe. After that just perform the jump as shown in the video (No falling protection gear required), and sprint to the bonfire.

    Doing this whole thing without getting hit is possible, but after a hour of attempts I could never manage to not get hit after opening the door, I might give it a few more shots later.

    submitted by /u/EverythingWorksFancy
    [link] [comments]

    On Sorcerer Builds, how?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 06:22 AM PDT

    Ive tried to read multiple guides but they all seem to expect you to have knowledge that I simply don't have, like why does a int build need so much faith? Why are binoculars supposedly OP? Why shouldn't I invest at least a tiny bit into having a decent weapon? I just need some information on how to get started and some tips.

    submitted by /u/FormalyAFailure
    [link] [comments]

    If there is sceptic and simple spice

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:47 AM PDT

    Can you make a casting build with zero fth and zero int

    Or is there a limit to how much you can lower the requirment

    submitted by /u/sul_9999
    [link] [comments]

    Estoc or Rapier (just regular rapier)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    I'm doing a thrusting sword run as I've heard they are quite amazing in this game. Any thoughts on a good one early game?

    submitted by /u/wigglyspleen
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Dark souls 2

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:18 AM PDT

    Any recommendations on when should I tackle the 3 DLCs?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:48 AM PDT

    Hey folks, I'm on a first playthrough and just got to the Drangleic Castle first bonfire? Should I play the DLC before going any further or should I do it after beating the next to last boss before the point of no return ?

    submitted by /u/Macaroni_85
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment