• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 8, 2021

    Dark Souls why do people think that slow combat = bad?

    Dark Souls why do people think that slow combat = bad?


    why do people think that slow combat = bad?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:14 PM PDT

    so a more common sentiment that i see in the community nowadays is slow = bad, which is something i never really understood. while i do understand that this game needs adjusting to after playing the later games i wouldn't go as far as calling it bad like some have been saying. the methodical and emphasis of position of the combat is why i love dark souls 1 so much.

    submitted by /u/Apprehensive_Fee_798
    [link] [comments]

    The fact that you start out hollow is so important

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    And I wish they kept it going both thematically and visually throughout the series. After character creation, if you feel even a little bit of excitement about the cool or weird person you're about to play as, you see them zombified and deprived of their possessions the very second you see the "real" them. You had a notion of what your character would look like at the start, but it was a flat out lie.

    It mirrors the dynamic of hopeful adventurers traveling to lordran or undead going to lordran hoping to avoid their own hollowing. Either way, the answer is cold and immediate. You are already hollow, before you even know it, whatever quest you had in your head is over, and you're doomed. "This is your fate."

    By taking away your characters very face, even if you pick the default one, the game takes something from you before you even begin.

    Brutal.

    I think it's a bit of a missed opportunity this wasn't ever followed up as strongly as an intro.

    submitted by /u/Deetee-Senpai
    [link] [comments]

    It's really weird that through the souls games the first shield stat is the offensive stat and not the % of protection, why is that?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 03:59 AM PDT

    The tragic bookends in a single boss' title

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    Warning: Basic Lore spoilers known to all by now, but Big Feels I have to share.

    We all know the emotional effect that plin plin plon has ... but beneath that is something hardly noticed during the final fight, which struck me far harder than the music: Gwyn's title.

    Ignore Dark Souls III for a moment; pretend its lore doesn't exist.

    One of the first things we learn in Dark Souls is that Gwyn is the Lord of Sunlight. King & victor in the transition from the Age of Ancients to the Fire. Everything we see is a result of his power, purpose, and will. Anor-Londo-that-was. Legions of Silver Knights. Kingdoms stretching beyond every horizon. Still stunning to behold, even if only as nostalgic illusions and remembrances of lost beauty.

    We're built up to expect him to be brilliant and dazzling, even as the fire fades. Lord of Sunlight!

    But, after the tragic music and the burned-out face running towards us, the first thing we notice is that his title is not "Gwyn, Lord of Sunlight", but "Gwyn, Lord of Cinder".

    Cinders aren't even embers, but heat-decayed slag; smoldering, smokeless whispers and echoes of a fire that now hardly even generates warmth. Not only is Gwyn himself reduced to a cinder, but he is literally lord only of cinders; his kingdom, his children, all of mankind, the Sun & Moon that he created, and even the very Flame he linked. He "reigns" over exhausted cinders.

    Taking this by itself, without DS3's "lords of cinder" lore looming in the background, is incredibly moving and sad. It's the pride of refusing to bow out, which Tennyson thought to lionise in Ulysses, but which Shelley truly unmasked in Ozymandias... both short poems that I highly recommend to anyone who loves Dark Souls. They invite pause and contemplation on the very themes Miyazaki put into the heart of this marvellous game.

    submitted by /u/EternalCoastAndSky
    [link] [comments]

    Halberd appreciation thread

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 06:04 AM PDT

    Which is your favorite? Or which do you think is the best? Halberds are my favorite weapon type in the game. Currently I am doing a dex build with the scythe and loving that. BKH will always hold a special place in my heart, but at max stats it apparently has lower stats than other halberds. But early game it is nice.

    submitted by /u/FarOutFighter
    [link] [comments]

    DSFix

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 05:47 AM PDT

    EDIT: Good news, I found a fix for it. In the DSFix.ini I changed the values of "skipIntro" to 1 and "forceFullscreen" to 1; not sure which one of these options made the game launchable post start menu but it works nonetheless if you want to use DSFix for the cracked version of DS 1. I haven't tried using multiple mods but currently DSFix, Unpack and Daughters of Ash work together. (I still want this post to remain so it can help people that may run into this issue tho)

    I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to ask this on here so if that's the case, delete it.

    Essentially, I wanted to play Dark Souls mods but I realised that PTDE is where most those mods are actually at, I decided to torrent DSPTDE; I understand this may not seem like the ethical thing to do, but seriously I'm not going to spend that $100 or more on a game that was taken down by the devs themselves.

    DSFix doesn't seem to work on torrented versions, my one gets to boot screen, but it freezes on the start menu (it's still playable, the game is just on a freeze frame) is there any way to actually get this to work?

    submitted by /u/KingZxi-
    [link] [comments]

    My Balder Side Sword Experience

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    Homeward Bones Used 45
    Balder Knights Killed 96
    Balder Helms Dropped 9
    Balder Shields Dropped 4 (ALL FOUR OF THESE DROPPED CONSECUTIVELY)
    Balder Leggings, Armor & Gauntlets Dropped 2
    Double Rare Drops 3
    Items In The Balder Knight Drop Pool That I Actually Fucking Wanted 1

    I'm never doing that again.

    submitted by /u/ApartmentOpening2302
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Dark Souls 1 for the first time

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 12:24 AM PDT

    After a week of playing dark souls ive beaten it and its one of the only games where everytime i turned it off and went to bed, i wanted to get back on and attempt that boss one more time. just wanted to say that since this game was pretty good and was feeling proud of myself. Time for DS2!

    submitted by /u/NessAdachi
    [link] [comments]

    Should i choose Kaathe or Frampt for Giantdad build?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 06:06 AM PDT

    I am doing it on remastered and need help

    submitted by /u/Cy6erNight
    [link] [comments]

    Found item on floor in 4 kings fight?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    When I dropped into the abyss to fight 4 kings yesterday I found a lloyds talisman on the ground, as if a player had dropped it? I hadn't summoned anyone so I'm super confused, anyone else experience this?

    submitted by /u/Murdock-1798
    [link] [comments]

    Can you get the artorias of the abyss dlc from the xbox 360 version on xbox one?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 03:02 AM PDT

    Its on the xbox store but its unavailable to buy digitally as well as the 360 version of dark souls which I have on disk. Is there any way I can get this dlc?

    submitted by /u/morticool
    [link] [comments]

    10

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 11:54 PM PDT

    That's the number of fingers the chosen undead has in his/her hands, WHY ONLY 2 RINGS CAN BE EQUIPPED, I only ask for 1 more ring 😔 Talking seriously, I know that being able to equip 10,8 or even 5 rings would break the game, but they are so useful, I have been ½ hour of attempts against Artorias, I do 500 damage with my normal weapon + power within + (the ring that changes the roll) and 10 hits its enough to kill him ... BUT, as soon as I need 1 more hit, he makes the attack that is 3 consecutive jumps Help :(

    submitted by /u/EmGoches
    [link] [comments]

    BKGS or Demon Great Machete?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 12:48 AM PDT

    I am doing a strength run and got the machete early and it's amazing, I also got a black knight Greatsword drop and have never used it. Is the Black Knight Greatsword the better weapon moveset and stamina wise cause I know the machete deals crazy damage

    submitted by /u/jaredsubway69
    [link] [comments]

    I finished it for the first time!

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 01:42 PM PDT

    Dudes and dudettes, I've done it! Never felt like this beating a game xD I remember my cousin picking the game up randomly shortly after its launch, but I could never get into it up until recently when I decided to actually beat it.

    It was such an awesome experience! I used to think that Souls games were overrated a little, but wow was I wrong. What really got me hooked was the stellar level design, and the sense of achivement I got all the time from overcoming the challenges.

    Another thing is, though the game is dark and gloomy; after I got used to the game, it felt very fun to be in that world, as if that sense of dread and darkness from the game lifted. (Aside from Blighttown, screw that place lol)

    I can't remember the last time I was so awestruck by a game, really hard to come by nowadays. :V

    submitted by /u/Capri-SunGod
    [link] [comments]

    So uhhh...How are you supposed to drink estus during the Ornstein and Smough fight?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 09:27 AM PDT

    No matter my distance from them, as soon as I begin drinking at least one of them initiates an attack, and I never manage to get away before I free myself from the drinking animation

    submitted by /u/eurosaur
    [link] [comments]

    Any reason why I can't find Shiva in NG+?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 09:58 PM PDT

    Doing my NG+ run and decided I want to grab the gymnastics ring. As far as I'm aware, you just talk to Alvina and join the forest covenant then you can talk to Shiva and move them to Blighttown?

    Well I got to Darkroot Garden and spoke to her, joined the covenant, and Shiva and his body guard are nowhere to be found. I haven't interacted with anybody in this area in this playthrough yet so I'm not sure what I did wrong.

    submitted by /u/IAmA_Lannister
    [link] [comments]

    There are Hidden Gravestones in Firelink

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 05:55 AM PDT

    ...help

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    I just can't beat the four Kings on New game Plus... Not saying I'm giving up but damn. I'm not even close. Guess I'll try some pine resin on my Zweihander. Anybody willing to lend a hand?

    submitted by /u/clintonvia
    [link] [comments]

    Problem

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 05:33 AM PDT

    2 months ago I bought dark souls for PS3. It was already used but the seller seemed like an ok guy.I never before played dark souls but I really wanted to play it as I felt in love with it only from showcases. So I started playing but there was a problem. The first time when you reach Sigmeyer( The onion knight) and talk to him my volume dies completely and when I try to come back from where I came, the whole game freezes. I tried reloading a bunch of time but it's always the same problem. My question is: Does anyone else have this problem or should I get my money back? Also is there a place where I can get a working dark souls for PS3. I saw some copies on Amazon but I don't know if they are working as the whole experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

    submitted by /u/InvalidUnknown
    [link] [comments]

    Humanity?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 01:30 AM PDT

    Hey guys, new here, was just wondering if it's possible for players to give players humanity? I'm in anor Londo and really struggling with ornstein and smough, keep running outa humanity for summons though :(

    submitted by /u/Moonmanxs
    [link] [comments]

    Little Red Eye Orbs

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 12:40 PM PDT

    Started to felt these little Red Eye Orbs, thought I'd show you them.
    Felted Red Eye Orbs <- Picture (imgur)

    submitted by /u/BabyOcelotte
    [link] [comments]

    Yay dark soul remaster sever not working

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 12:16 AM PDT

    Just go kicked out

    submitted by /u/Knowen3538
    [link] [comments]

    On my first playthrough of DS1 (Prepare To Die Edition), and after 80 hours of playing I just found out about the catacombs

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    I've been stuck for a good couple of hours trying to figure out where to go next. So stuck that I searched up a map for DS1 and then there it was. A new area right beside Firelink Shrine...

    Did it take anyone else this long to realize there are catacombs in the graveyard, or am I just dumb

    submitted by /u/RubiksEdits
    [link] [comments]

    A challenge I can take

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 02:22 AM PDT

    I'm currently in Russia visiting family. About 30 minutes ago my family's friends came over. I don't know these people. There is a cute girl. But since I am somehow unable to interact with women properly I went into a different room and immediately turned dark souls on. I haven't played it in a while. And I think I just wanted a challenge I can take.

    submitted by /u/DrunkTeenager
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment