• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 8, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 In a cruel twist of fate, I have unofficially accomplished 100% achievement completion. But one achievement glitched and i am officially incomplete with no way to finish it. Dark souls has lived up to its name in the utter ruin and despair of the human mind. I have nothing now.

    Dark Souls 2 In a cruel twist of fate, I have unofficially accomplished 100% achievement completion. But one achievement glitched and i am officially incomplete with no way to finish it. Dark souls has lived up to its name in the utter ruin and despair of the human mind. I have nothing now.


    In a cruel twist of fate, I have unofficially accomplished 100% achievement completion. But one achievement glitched and i am officially incomplete with no way to finish it. Dark souls has lived up to its name in the utter ruin and despair of the human mind. I have nothing now.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    This is now my favorite area in the entire game in terms of visuals

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    Now for the no rest challenge.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 08:47 PM PDT

    My first time in the pit…

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 12:09 PM PDT

    How Aldia shows you what it means to be a true monarch.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    Dark souls 2 overall is a game a lot about the self/identity, and this is exemplified by the big push towards becoming a monarch. But what does this mean?

    Simply put a true monarch or ruler is one who makes his own decision without failure. What that means to other people very much varies, you have Nashandra who believes a true monarch is one that becomes one with the dark and embraces relinquishing the flame, Emerald Herald leans more on the side of linking the flame as you can tell from her dialogue since it will unshackle both of you from the curse (albeit a short while, but you can properly die), and Vendrick takes on an interesting new idea that a true ruler is one that "Inherit fire, and harness the dark." which we do eventually see in action in ds3. Are any of these inherently wrong, no. Rather that is a big point of the game and why it has more of a personal feel and why the endings are both left very open ended. The whole point is your decision is based on what you your character thinks, not anyone else.

    Now how does this lead to Aldia? Because he believes in this exact same sentiment. His idea of a ruler is one that makes his own decisions, of their own accord. Aldia informs you of the way of the world and the way he does it is brilliant for wat he wishes to accomplish. For example, "Peace grants men the illusion of life

    Shackled by falsehoods, they yearn for love, unaware of its grand illusion.

    Until, the Curse touches their flesh.

    We are bound by this yoke.

    As true as the Dark that churns within men."

    Basically men are granted the illusion that they are free and can live their own life and hold on to things they hold closely, until the curse reappears inevitably (much like in Drangleic). We are bound to these rules, a constant push and pull between light and dark. All of which are true, we see constant examples of such throughout the series.

    He then goes on to say

    But is this so wrong?

    A construction, a façade and yet.

    A world full of warmth and resplendence.

    Young hollow are you intent on shattering the yoke spoiling this wonderful falsehood?

    " Which is when you make a choice, this can feel cryptic because it seems almost like he is contradicting himself, but the reason why he says so right before asking what your opinion is is he is asking at an angle for your true unbiased answer. After telling you exactly how the rules of the world work which would lean mot people to want to relinquish the fire he shows the opposite side of the coin where linking the flame grants us a temporary relief, we have been linked to the fire for as long as we know and even in this construction to keep humanity in we are able to build kingdoms and thrive even if temporary, is that which is the order we are so used to wrong?

    Now I want you to compare this to Kaathe and Frampt, both of which guide you on separate sides of the coin. Kaathe tell you essentially exactly how the world works because he knows it puts the linking of fire in a bad light for humanity and will get you to relinquish the fire. On the flip side Frampt who tells you barely anything below surface level such as what you will do will 'undo the curse of the undead', where to go or what to obtain. This is because he wants you to link the fire. They give you the ILLUSION of choice. They cut out enough of the full picture to get you to do what they want to, in a way much like with Nashandra and Vendrick, they manipulate you.

    Aldia does not do this, even when pieces of his own hatred of the curse and the light and dark struggle surfaces in bits of his dialogue,

    "Once, the Lord of Light banished Dark, and all that stemmed from humanity

    And men assumed a fleeting form.

    These are the roots of our world

    Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite

    **A lie will remain a lie.**"

    While this is all true, Gwyn basically stopping humanity at the root and twisting our forms into that which is the hollow we now know, and him essentially having everything play out so his age of fire never ends. Linking or not linking the fire is all just us playing a game that we cannot win, this is the yolk or construction he mentions above. The part where you can feel what he truly says is how he says it, filled with rage and disgust at what he has turned us into.

    Yet after this he still asks,

    Young Hollow, knowing this, do you still desire peace?

    Peace that he is referring to here I think is more than linking or not linking the fire, but conforming to the rules of the world, to just go with either light or dark because those are the only obvious choices presented to us. Yet he continues to ask us what we want to do rather than tell us what we should do.

    Now I think the big cherry on top that solidifies that he wants our true genuine answer and not just to side with him or conform to light or dark because that feels like the only options available is when you get to him in both Dragon Shrine and in the Throne of want. The dialogue

    "I am Aldia.

    **I sought to shed the yoke of fate, but failed.**

    Now, I only await an answer.

    Seek the throne.

    Seek light, Dark, and what lies beyond…"

    and after you defeat him

    "**I lost everything but remained here patiently**

    The throne will certainly receive you

    But the question remains…

    What do you want, truly?

    Light? Dark? Or something else entirely…"

    This confirms to me that Aldia wants you to see the full picture, to conform to the world is meaningless and taking part in something unwinnable overall, but going against it is stepping into the unknown. He makes it apparent that he had tries stepping into this unknown for a way out, but he is also a human, fallible just like you. Choosing to search for more there is no guarantee in what you will find.

    When you reach the throne he not only refers to you as a monarch and that the throne will take you, but as a conqueror of adversities. You were not manipulated to seek something on the throne which you did not truly want, you did not falter and fail along your journey, or succumb to any obstacle in your way. You stand before your throne out of your own wants and your own will, knowing whether light or dark it is your characters true decision. Of that same will you can choose to leave and look beyond both light and dark, for something more.

    Now this bit is a bit off topic, but while maybe not just our own will and want for more than just light or dark may not mean much in the long run, but the wants of many definitely do. In ds3 we see a clear shift from the lords of cinders who need to be returned to their very own thrones and in the dlc towards not linking the fire or relinquish it, but searching for a way out. Which in a way that is left open ended, we do at the end of the ringed city dlc... what could possibly await us?

    submitted by /u/Mowberg
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to show my friend the beauty of Dragon Aerie and the textures just...didn't load.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 02:35 PM PDT

    Horse

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 04:46 PM PDT

    Players just jumped from the cliff

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    I never played any dark souls games before. This morning i bought scholar of the first sin. One thing that gets me most is we can see where and how other player dies through blood stains. But what creep me out is, when i arrive at the first settlement near the sea, i saw many blood stains on the edge of the cliff and also messages that basically tells u to jump. Is this just for fun, or is there any easter eggs down there? It really freaked me out lol, imagining hundreds of player jumping from the cliff. It reminds me of a japan movie i saw about suicide at subway train stations. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/taffaq
    [link] [comments]

    Where do i need to use my bonfire ascetic to respawn Dukes dear Freja?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    The title says is.

    submitted by /u/Deathless_hd
    [link] [comments]

    You spin me right round baby right round

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    I realised I have no life :/ 50 minutes of chill music and armor sounds ;)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    Finally beat Blue Smelter

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    The run up to the boss was a pain in the ass and the boss itself gave me a lot of trouble. Took a week or so break because I was getting frustrated. Came back today and beat him after 4/5 tries. Had to use a soul vessel to reallocate points into INT to use a magic shield which helped a lot.

    After I beat him, I thought "I can finally move on with my life", then I left the his boss room and realized he was optional this whole time, it made me lol.

    submitted by /u/Flat_Duck7115
    [link] [comments]

    I had some kind of fear of playing any souls like game, specially Dark Souls. but now I'm starting a ng+ for the very first time and I'm in love.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 03:05 PM PDT

    Guys! I did the thing!

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 04:40 AM PDT

    Guys! I did the thing!

    After I don't know how many tries. Finally....deathless run complete! Slow run. Took about 12 hours or so, being super cautious. Tried speed running it by following guides and such, but that didn't work for me.

    Now...the only thing I don't know is: Do I do the expansions, or go straight into NG+ ? Do the expansions change the same way the base game does in NG+?

    https://preview.redd.it/xu0iblb57z971.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5aa1346d88e4dcf4daedc999e8c5a9b46c13bf3e

    submitted by /u/SirCowdog
    [link] [comments]

    Radiant Trap Chest (Red Mist Trap Chest)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    Hi guys I just found a Radiant Trap Chest (Red Mist Trap Chest) in the Forest of the Fallen Giants and found out on internet that is an extremely rare event. Does anyone know the probability?

    For the ones who don't know, here's a link (Not mine) that shows a Radiant Trap Chest:

    https://youtu.be/wx0ScloK0sY

    submitted by /u/Luke6139
    [link] [comments]

    Great club or large club?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    Which one is better?

    submitted by /u/pep776
    [link] [comments]

    Constantly losing connection in SotFS on steam?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 12:02 PM PDT

    Every time I load a save I get a message saying I've been put in offline mode after a few minutes, so I haven't been able to play online yet. Does anyone have a fix?

    submitted by /u/tofe_lemon
    [link] [comments]

    Help me get twin dragonriders pls, somebody

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 05:44 AM PDT

    I am burning out and I cant do it alone.

    I helped others get them, but I cant freaking kill them. If I had help, I got sniper early and wasted my humanity. And no mather how I dance alone, I cant beat both of them...

    submitted by /u/Talematros121
    [link] [comments]

    Best place to put down white signs?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 01:24 AM PDT

    Im trying to farm some sun medals on PC SotFs, but not sure where the most active places might be. I put down one in front of smelter demon but been sitting there for a while now. Anyone know where else i should try?

    submitted by /u/Aliusja1990
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys, a question

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 09:48 AM PDT

    Im doing a faith build for my first serious playtrough of this game, and i pretty much finished the game now except for the dlc, I'm using the heide sword and great spear with 20 str and 50 faith, what other weapons would you reccomend that are faith based?

    (It would be cool if there was a weapon that not only scaled good with faith but also with strength or dex so I could level something else up, as right now I don't know where to put my points because I levelled up everything that I needed)

    submitted by /u/StupidSquirrel2
    [link] [comments]

    Split damage weapons feasible?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 12:00 PM PDT

    Hey guys and dolls,

    I know on the first game split damage weapons should usually be avoided. Is that still the case in DS2?

    Ps. Does matchmaking work the same in DS1? I want to maybe do some CO OP next playthrough.

    submitted by /u/Tweed_Man
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally discarded all my Human Effigies

    Posted: 07 Jul 2021 10:43 PM PDT

    I accidentally discarded all my 17 effigies just to pray to that frekin shrine with the Milfs of Nito Guess I gtg farm lost bastille dogs for the next 2 hours 😑

    submitted by /u/RealMarmer
    [link] [comments]

    Pve Faith build

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    Hi want to do pve faith build is it still viable and tips plz.

    submitted by /u/TheRealMorevas
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment