• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 22, 2021

    Dark Souls Me and my friend broke the game, don't make the same mistake as us

    Dark Souls Me and my friend broke the game, don't make the same mistake as us


    Me and my friend broke the game, don't make the same mistake as us

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 05:35 PM PDT

    A bit of backstory: We both love dark souls, and finished it many times, but never together. So we created a challenge, where we would switch on every death. We got to anor londo, rested at the bonfire where gwyndolin is, and went to the painted world before o&s. Finished the painted world, killed priscilla, and got out. As a gift for exiting from the painted world we got a homeward bone, so my friends instinct was to use it, and remember the last bonfire we rested at was in the painted world, but outside of the painting we rested at the gwyndolin bonfire, but we were sent to the first anor londo bonfire where the firekeeper is. No problem, we will just run for a bit and get to where we need to go. But that big elevator in the center of anor londo was stuck down there, and we couldn't get it up. BIG PROBLEM.

    So we tried so many speedrunning tacticts, like quit while falling, plunge cancel, meme rolling, but nothing helped. So we got back to firelink, upgraded 2 soul levels for attunement and intelligence (we were using a strength build, but nevermind), bought fall control, got back up to anor londo, but hey we couldn't use it because we weren't the right intelligence level, so we farmed those giants, got to intelligence level 15 (we are still a strength build lol), and used it and fixed the game. Let me tell you that this took us about 2.5 hours to do, of constant trial and error. And that's the story of how we broke the game, and was unplayable for so long. Hope you guys don't make the same mistake!

    Edit: We were dumb, there's a lever to bring the bridge up, but we didn't see it. So we wasted 2.5 hours of our lives, but atleast it was fun doing it the way it wasn't supposed to

    submitted by /u/SolidSnake2005
    [link] [comments]

    If you don’t know, some of the corpses we got souls and items off were people we met in the game...

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    The biggest example is the soul of a hero found on a corpse in The Abyss, this is Artorias.

    In the top of the Grand Archives, we find a corpse near a bookcase that gives us the soul of a great hero, this is Big Hat Logan.

    A well known one is near the painted world, dragged off to the side, that gives us Tarkus' set. Guess who's corpse it was.

    In DS3 we'll find the Anor Londo fire keeper's set on a corpse in Gwyndolin's boss room.

    Any more you can think of?

    submitted by /u/MaleficTekX
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat dark souls foe the first time!

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 10:49 PM PDT

    Man, they really saved the best boss for last. I love parrying in any game but Gwyn was an absolutely amazing fight. The music was great and his move set was so dope with his flaming sword. I went in with my ornstein armor and +15 uchigatana and just destroyed him with parries but man what a game. Way ahead of its time.

    submitted by /u/marluxia_21
    [link] [comments]

    Andre the blacksmith

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    The constant hammering brings me immeasurable joy.

    submitted by /u/Unholy_Thunderkokk
    [link] [comments]

    Voice Actors in Dark Souls

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 04:56 PM PDT

    This video shows some clips of the original english voice actors in studio. I haven't seen this posted here yet.

    Pretty cool

    submitted by /u/LaserTurboShark69
    [link] [comments]

    Completed the game for the first time , WOW

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 01:24 AM PDT

    What an Experience ,I feel so satisfied yet so empty . I kinda feel hollow. I absolutely loved this game and will definitely revisit this game. Planning on playing Dark souls 3 next. Thank you FromSoftware ,thank you Hidetaka Miyazaki Thank you Japan

    submitted by /u/Tpwatchmovies
    [link] [comments]

    If you couldn't change weapons, shields or armour. What starting class would you pick?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 08:11 AM PDT

    If I was stuck with only what I have, I think Cleric is a good class.

    Average shield, good weapon (mace) and the talisman will give me healing and lightning miracles. The holy robe is light enough that I could fast roll.

    Sorcerer would be very poor for any melee by comparison.

    submitted by /u/bartbitsu
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Seath in one try... Amazed

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    Went in with a "let's see what happens" attitude. Broke his invulnerability crystal and started hacking at the ends of his tentacles while he shot his crystal breath in front of him. I kept following him in circles and wacking at the edge of his tentacle while I could. He rarely hit me with the crystals and I guess I just cheesed the fight like that... I'll take it though.

    submitted by /u/sbo358
    [link] [comments]

    What armors and weapons were/are you using before fighting O&S?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 07:54 AM PDT

    I'm already getting fucked up even before entering O&S boss fight. I can't even defeat lautrec or the two golems at the start.

    Right now I'm using: Elite knight helmet Silver knight armor Elite knight hand Crimson legging Drake sword Silver knight shield Tin banishment catalyst Zweihander

    And my equip load is 60.

    I think I have every armor set and weapon you can get until anor lando. I watched guides and got the all. Except I haven't beat sif yet. And I'm so stupid for that.

    What should I use that can help me?

    submitted by /u/GreasyGoose13
    [link] [comments]

    How many masks can I get from pinwheel??

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 03:45 AM PDT

    Can I only get one? Or can I get all? If I can I only get one of them, which one is better. Would like to get the father's mask.

    submitted by /u/GreasyGoose13
    [link] [comments]

    What's a twink?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    I've been playing this game for ages for hundreds of hours both PvE and PvP but never understood what's a twink, help pls?

    submitted by /u/DoctorBoomeranger
    [link] [comments]

    Can I cut the tail off of the weird enemy thing after Andre?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 11:31 AM PDT

    I'm on the PS3 version, and I'm wondering if I'm able to cut the tail off of the weird creature enemy thing after Andre. I been fighting it for like 10 minutes and I keep dying every time I try and cut off it's tail. Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/EliItsMeSemus
    [link] [comments]

    Alluring skull?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 01:49 PM PDT

    Is the alluring skull good at all? Like does anyone actually use them? And if not, what do you normally keep in your inventory slots?

    submitted by /u/Signedoutofmyaccount
    [link] [comments]

    "Fuck the Capra" First Time Playing DS1: Part 2 (updated)

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    Last time I beat the Gargoyles and was on the Capra. So it took me 4 tries to kill the Capra demon and his friends. Like you guys said it was way easier once the dogs were out of the picture. But still, fuck the gank of that fight. I then proceeded to the Depths. Before the boss fight I fell into a hole, which led me to the basilisks, which I promptly died of curse. After backtracking to get rid of that curse I took down the giant rat pretty easily. I killed the summoner before the boss so I wouldn't have to deal with that. Onto the Gaping Dragon itself, I technically killed it on my first try, since that first time my controller stopped working completely at the beginning of the fight. I had the average strat of waiting til the boss roared, slammed, and "dashed" to get two hits or less at a time. Idk if this was good rng or perfect positioning, but all the boss did was slam and dash. It normally chased me 3 times (2 of which it jumped{1 of which hit}). I got to the first bonfire of blighttown and from as much as I heard of the suffering from that area and I already hate it. Well hope u enjoyed and wish me luck to beat Quelaag and get out of the hellhole as soon as possible!

    submitted by /u/Raider_Ki_ng
    [link] [comments]

    What game to start with

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 08:57 PM PDT

    I want to get into soulsborne games should I start with dark souls 1

    submitted by /u/Curley_frie
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what the black knight weapons are made out of in the lore they always kind of struck me as weird ?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 08:53 PM PDT

    Yeah I know there's magic and such and they're probably magic because you can't use most buffs on them but they seem normal enough so what are they made of

    Edit: I like the theory put forth by u/Another_Saint that the black knight weapons are made of titanite and think that that is very likely true

    submitted by /u/E4EHCO33501007
    [link] [comments]

    It's time...

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 10:54 PM PDT

    I've had 2 and 3 for a long time now. But I'm in a gaming slump. These games are truly intimating if I'm being honest. But I'm starting a souls game tonight. I've not played either. So what one will be better to start with? 2 or 3?

    I got them awhile ago cause a buddy loves them and we were going to play online. But being in ya 30s and busy lives we ain't even online at the same time anymore. So I'll be solo. Any advice would be great. He told me I'll die alot and that's all he told me when I asked for tips hahaha. And to have a shield all times

    submitted by /u/Unlawful_Stalker
    [link] [comments]

    How are you supposed to discover the DLC?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    I've played through the game multiple times, so I of course know how to access, but I was reading an earlier thread where people where mentioning how it's practically impossible to stumble the steps to access it ( hydra -> dusk -> golem with pendent that won't even drop unless you've spoken to dusk -> back track to the golem-> dlc) in a blind playthru. Is it supposed to be found through pure luck? So many things could go wrong: Golden golem might not even spawn if there wasn't a loading screen, using pyromancy could kill Dusk, if you went to the archives before doing the hydra the golem won't drop pendent, etc. Not to mention the hydra is sort of a tough mini boss! Without a guide, would it just be pure luck?

    Another question - was the dlc released at the same time as the game? If not, could those who played the dlc for the first time at release give their take on the adventure?

    submitted by /u/squidhatispurple
    [link] [comments]

    I’m so conflicted

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 07:56 PM PDT

    I really want to do a Solaire run, where I play with his armor and weapons/Miracles, but the only way to get those is to kill solaire :(. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/Aidsisgreats
    [link] [comments]

    What is the “easy game” build?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 11:24 PM PDT

    So I finished getting all achievements on DS3 now I'm burned out on it so I want to do the same for DS1, what is the easy game build for ds1?

    submitted by /u/jon696977
    [link] [comments]

    Is the stone greatsword worth upgrading. Kinda getting bored of serpent and my dumb dumb Brian ate dog soul for artorious

    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 10:39 PM PDT

    MANUS SL1 NO DAMAGE AFTER 5 HOURS AND 20 MINUTES

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 04:25 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment