• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 29, 2021

    Dark Souls Just faced Ornstein and Smough for the first time...

    Dark Souls Just faced Ornstein and Smough for the first time...


    Just faced Ornstein and Smough for the first time...

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 07:17 PM PDT

    I went in blind, first playthrough. I summoned assistance (I know some people look down on it but I'm a pretty casual player and I'm having fun), we saluted each other and walked through the fog wall.

    Together my companion Bonk and I fought valiantly and vanquished Ornstein, but Bonk was... well, bonked to death by Smough's thunderous hammer.

    Enraged by the loss of my companion, I steadied myself and kept a distance until I had a good feel for Smough's attacks... and then I tore him to shreds with my +10 Zweihander. Put him right in the dirt.

    Thank you Bonk. Your sacrifice will never be forgotten. I will remember you always. <3

    submitted by /u/BeggingForChange
    [link] [comments]

    what was the weapon you used on your 1st play through vs your favourite weapon now?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 04:57 PM PDT

    just asking. my first play through i used the claymore but my fav weapon at the moment has to be the uchigatana.

    submitted by /u/leowiddall1
    [link] [comments]

    What if a portal appeared in the real world and it takes you to ds1?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 09:07 PM PDT

    I would just go the portal right now and try to bond with the chosen undead, what would you do?

    submitted by /u/Slayerblade9908
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Butts. Why is Lost Izalith full of them.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    That is what they are right? The same as the one on the bridge in the painted world. The rear ends of decayed/undead dragons stomping all over the outer city. I have read the stuff about the game being unfinished, someone even went on to elaborate that the whole section was basically the design work of an intern, but even so. Dragon Butts? Can anyone hazard a guess even?

    submitted by /u/Alternative-Bison-78
    [link] [comments]

    Fucking Gwyn

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 01:42 AM PDT

    Gwyn is kicking my ass.

    Is it finally time to learn how to parry?

    Edit: got him. Went into ng+ tho :(

    submitted by /u/PolishSeal
    [link] [comments]

    The Ash Lake.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 06:09 AM PDT

    The ash lake does something that few Lovecraftian and horror stories does - It fucking terrifies me.

    I don't know exactly what it is about it. The scale of it, the unending rows of gigantic, featureless trees, how completely still the lake is, the dusty air... My stomach churns every time I go down there, even when I know what to expect! I love it!

    It's also awesome that it isn't a required part of the game, and has no NPCs to speak of, apart from a giant dragon that says nothing (in itself unnerving). I only wish the enemies you find there would be unique to the lake, just to drive home how utterly alien the place is.

    submitted by /u/JakeBit
    [link] [comments]

    Hello

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    I come here in this the day of mine Cake to but share my Love for the Sun, shall it be praised gloriously until the end of time.

    submitted by /u/LordFenix_theTree
    [link] [comments]

    I killed the hydra and the golden crystal golem in early game for nothing.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    I tried to do a sorcerer playthrough for the first time. I don't like sorcery so much in RPGs but i decided to give it a try on DS1.

    Everything was going alright. I got to blight town to gather the crimsom armor and the tin banishment catalyst (what i always do in all my playthroughs) without dying, gathered some extra souls on new londo and valley of drakes, everything was flowing good, but then i tried to unlock dusk in early game, wich would be great, because from what i know, the ivory catalyst is very powerful.

    Then i watched a guide of how to do it, and it was very simple, all you had to do was gather at least 30 fire-bombs to throw at the hydra and pick the grass crest shield to defend from the projectiles and when it tries to smash me with it's heads, and i had to be behind a rock that was near the corpse that has the warrior armor to throw the fire bombs from there. The only problem was that i runned off of fire-bombs before killing it, then i had to kill it with physical weapons, and the strongest weapon i had at the moment was the tin banishment catalyst, and it was a pain in the ass to kill it in that way (almost died).

    After i killed the hydra, barely with any health and without any estus, i tried to kill the golden crystal golem to free dusk, but i obviously died, due to it's high damage and resistance. I tried again and succeeded (barely with any health again), and i tried to summon dusk at the nearest summon sign i found, but at the moment i summoned her, a crystal golem killed her, without me even noticing it was going to me. That really pissed me off.

    And now i have to try again in another save. Going to buy more fire-bombs and get a better weapon, in case run off of it again this time.

    (And no, i couldn't buy more because i killed the shop keeper.)

    submitted by /u/Mark3698
    [link] [comments]

    I’m loving Dark Souls right now.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 03:45 PM PDT

    A while ago I made a post on how I felt about the game after beating the Gargoyles on my first playthrough. I compared the gameplay to banging your head against a brick wall, but every time you break a wall, you get rewarded and keep going.

    I was enjoying the game at that point, and eventually made it to Ornstein and Smough. It sucked. So I took a break from the game for a while. And after I came back, something just clicked with me. After a while I beat O&S, but now I was enjoying the game.

    I finally realized that the gameplay wasn't like banging your head against a brick wall at all. I don't know what to compare it to, but every time I die I learn something new to help me. I learn a new attack an enemy has, or when to time a dodge or attack, or what works against an enemy.

    I've now beaten Sif, Priscilla, Ceaseless Discharge, Gwyndolin, and the Sanctuary Guardian, and I'm having the time of my life. I'm working on Seath, Artorias, and Four Kings, but it's fun when you take breaks from each of them for a bit. I love this game.

    TLDR: I finally understand Dark Souls and now it's my favorite game of all time.

    submitted by /u/Some_Nerd_25
    [link] [comments]

    Does using black knight weapons ruin a first playthrough.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 09:18 AM PDT

    In my first proper playthrough I managed to get a black knight sword fairly early. I never used the weapon until later on and got it to +5 in anor londo. O + S were far easier than people said they were and the rest of the bosses went down with little to no trouble. It seemed like the game was on easy mode. Does a new player using a black knight weapon ruin the experience?

    submitted by /u/NicNomNip
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my character keep moaning

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 10:10 PM PDT

    I just bought DSR after getting the platinum for DS3. So I'm kinda new to this. And I'm tryna play the game. But I keep laughing when I get hit because my character sounds like they are having an orgasm.

    submitted by /u/Space_Cowboy200
    [link] [comments]

    I'm enjoying the falchion

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 12:09 AM PDT

    Any other cool curved swords to keep an eye out for on my first play through of this game? I've just made it to the Valley of Drakes

    submitted by /u/galaxzii
    [link] [comments]

    Bow only run was awesome!!!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    And without summons! Surprisingly, I first tried most of the bosses including O&S, Seathe, and Gwyn! Nito was maybe the most difficult but still only took a few tries. It was much easier than I was expecting but it was so, so fun. I thought I would need a melee weapon at some point but I stuck with it, and every single kill of the run was with a bow. That was my first "challenge" run and it was awesome. This is the most re-playable game ever!

    submitted by /u/fabook
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentaly killed Vamos, how fucked am I ?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 02:47 AM PDT

    Accidently attacked him when a wheel rolled into his corridor and when I tried to run away a bunch of other wheels rolled into him or I don't know and he just died. My question is, how fucked am I without him ?

    submitted by /u/reeeeedyy
    [link] [comments]

    Crescent axe any good on faith build?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 12:09 AM PDT

    Just curious

    submitted by /u/BodyweightBuilder
    [link] [comments]

    Dragons in anor londo?!

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 01:58 AM PDT

    So it's 's been a while since I last played the game. Going to anor londo at the bottom of the elevator, I found 4 dragons who attacked me. I've screenshot and videos.

    PS : i don't know how to mod dark souls

    submitted by /u/Thanathoss
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone still online?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 12:54 PM PDT

    Playing dark souls remastered, and trying to get summoned to help with bosses. I'm convinced no one still plays.

    Edit: on ps4

    submitted by /u/frostlocke3
    [link] [comments]

    Humans and Humanoids?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 04:35 PM PDT

    TL;DR - We all come from the First Flame, I have solved nothing, and you would need a Lord Soul or several giant souls, to gain any kind of height from souls.

    Okay so, in theories ever since Dark Souls was first released, people have had discussions about why humans are so damn short, and everyone else so tall. So, this is kinda long, just bear with me.

    ---------Giant's Kinship

    In Dark Souls 2, you get an item after defeating the Giant Lord. The item you get is the Giant's Kinship. Now, the item description doesn't really offer much; but the definition of kinship is " blood relationship " or "sharing of characteristics or origin"

    So, we know that at least humans share something with giants. As for everyone else, maybe they are even more closely related to giants; that would explain their height, right? Throughout playing Dark Souls I've seen four different "sizes?" of uh, humanoids.

    ----Silver Knights, Black Kinghts, The Lord's Blades

    They seem to be the shortest out of all the humanoids, only being slightly taller than humans, with us going up to about their chest or waist, and with the Lord's Blades being about human sized.

    ---- Ornstein, Artorias, Gundyr, Pontiff Sulyvahn, Mirror Knight, etc.

    This seems to be the most common height, with most humanoid bosses in the series that you fight being about twice as tall as humans.

    -----Smough, Giant Sentinals

    This seems to be the above average height. I don't know if Giant Sentinal refers to just their sheer size, or if they actually are giants.

    ----- Lorian, Filianore, Gwynevere

    This is probably about the tallest I've seen without actually being giants. From the throne that we see in Firelink Shrine, Lothric was expected to be at least as tall as Lorian.


    So, I know about the whole " if you have a powerful enough soul, you can be really tall" thing. Problem is, we've only ever seen that like three times ever in the series, because,

    A- it's either an oversight by the devs, or

    B- it's --extremely-- rare

    So, 1, Gwyn was most likely much taller then when we fight him in the Kiln; when we do fight him in the Kiln, he's shorter than even Ornstein. He was likely much taller before, as he possesed a Lord Soul.

    2, Vendrick, after conquering the Giants across the sea. Giants have very powerful souls. When you go to the Kiln of the First Flame, you see that when Gwyn linked the Flame, it decimated every the around it. Full on nuclear explosion; melted metal. When Yhorm linked the Flame, guess what it did to his Kindom? Decimated. I'm not saying that Giant Souls are as powerful as a Lord Soul, just that you would need a soul as powerful as a Lord Soul, or at least several Giant souls, to grow that large.

    3, Gael, who also posseses, you guessed it, a Lord Soul; The Dark Soul

    As for Artorias and Ornstein, no, I do not think they got their height from Gwyn giving them a piece of his soul. They would probably need a lot more soul, so to speak, than that. That might be contradictory anyway, because he gave all four knights a piece of his soul, but Ciaran is still human sized. We can also see from the Tomb of The Giants that there is a set height for humanoids that are about twice the size of humans, as we see many skeletons fitting this.


    So, this is the part were I try to convince you that I am not crazy and that my hallucinations are real.

    Is it that humans are descendent from pygmys, but everyone else are descendent from giants? I know technically there is no descending, because everyone was kinda created by the First Flame. (So, now I'm gonna die on this akward hill of "we all come from the First Flame, so yeah, we're all kinda related.")

    "This is my jumbled mess of a theory, there are many like it but this one is mine"

    submitted by /u/regokeh253
    [link] [comments]

    How do you dodge manus's 5 hit combo?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 10:49 PM PDT

    im really struggling with being instantly killed by that attack repeatedly any advice?

    submitted by /u/BodyweightBuilder
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any other game music that is similer to dark soul?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 04:16 AM PDT

    Keep finding game music these days, And besides dark soul I also love ost like witcher, god of war and the darkest dunguen.

    Are there any other game's ost that you guys recommend?

    submitted by /u/xuanred
    [link] [comments]

    Platinum Weapon Trading (PS4)

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    Can someone trade me the Greatsword of Artorias (not the cursed one)? It's the only weapon I need for the Platinum Trophy 😊🌞

    submitted by /u/BubbaFett93
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat dark souls

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    I have made posts here every time I achieved a lord soul, and now I have defeated Gwyn himself. The past couple days I visited the optional areas and defeated the optional bosses so that I would have completed the game. Today, I went to a sh lake and then the kiln, and now I am in shock. Everything I went to was today was easy. I think I might have gotten gud.

    submitted by /u/Jiggha
    [link] [comments]

    Levelling Up for NG+

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 03:49 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! I've just about finished my NG playthrough (just Gwyn to go) and am doing a bit of mopping up, etc. I've been farming souls in the Painted World of Ariamis and have enough to add about 10 more levels on to my character before finishing the playthrough. I'm not sure what stats to keep going with though, so would appreciate any suggestions. I've mostly played as a strength build, but have levelled dexterity a bit for weapon scaling, and am currently using a +5 Black Knight Halberd after abandoning my trusty +15 club that got me through most of the game. Armour is the gold-hemmed cloak set. I'm mostly interested in PvE, but would like to keep myself around SL125 so that I can summon for boss fights (I'm trying to platinum it, so need to do NG+ and NG++ to get the boss souls for the Knight's Honour trophy). Current stats are:

    SL96
    Vitality: 25
    Attunement: 12
    Endurance: 30
    Strength: 42
    Dexterity: 28
    Resistance: 12
    Intelligence: 15
    Faith: 15

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/roamingmoth
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Photo Set (V.V)

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 06:55 PM PDT

    A small tribute to one of my favorite games.

    Dark Souls Remastered https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWnzHPx

    submitted by /u/VVolky
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment