• Breaking News

    Friday, July 23, 2021

    Dark Souls Is it common for Taurus Demon to yeet himself off the edge?

    Dark Souls Is it common for Taurus Demon to yeet himself off the edge?


    Is it common for Taurus Demon to yeet himself off the edge?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 11:30 AM PDT

    Was having fun and the fucker just decided to nope out.

    submitted by /u/daddyfaps69
    [link] [comments]

    I quit.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 01:40 PM PDT

    Ignore my earlier post where it seemed like i was enjoying myself. I quit. I'm done with these fire breathing, roasted chicken looking ass, axe wielding, flying motherfuckers. I'm done with the tedious journey i have to make everytime i wanna fight them. I'm done. See you all in a few days when my masochism kicks back in and i start playing again.

    submitted by /u/daddyfaps69
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Seath has tentacle instead of legs?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 04:37 AM PDT

    I tried finding some lore about this but I couldn't. Does anyone know why Seath has tentacles instead of legs?

    Iirc the opening cinematic showed him holding / crushing something but I don't remember him having legs when I fought him.

    Edit: rip inbox! Thanks for the answers peeps.

    submitted by /u/adrenc94
    [link] [comments]

    Badass Solaire beats all 91 Dark Souls Bosses in NG+9 and finds his Sun along the way!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 07:59 PM PDT

    Solaire of Astora - The Movie. Winner of 13 Academy Awards!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCQlDaIG2kE

    submitted by /u/MAGISTER-ORGANI
    [link] [comments]

    Black Knight Sword too strong?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 11:16 PM PDT

    I just finished my first solo run of the game, and could not have done so without the black knight sword. I feel like this weapon just trivialised the game, but I couldn't stop myself using it.

    I went from struggling through the undead burg to basically defeating bosses in my first encounter. Kinda feels like it robbed me of a truly difficult playthrough 😔

    submitted by /u/Slippery_Sleuth
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy Dark Souls Remastered?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 06:23 AM PDT

    So I have recently become interested in the Dark Souls series and I was wondering if i should buy the first game on PS4. I am a casual and do not play many hard games, and I know I'm late but that's because i was young when the series was big. And I have also recently started playing Sekiro, so I know how hard FromSoftware games can be. So really I just want to know if I should buy DSR since it is on sale right now and if it is worth a beginner buying it.

    Also I would like to know which DS is the hardest in the series.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/glumtito
    [link] [comments]

    What weapon should I upgrade?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 02:01 AM PDT

    Hi I'm in dark souls remastered right now and I have the drake sword. I want to know which weapon I should upgrade now so I can use once the drake sword is not good anymore? So I have the Halberd and the gargoyle tail axe. Which one should I upgrade? I'm not a huge fan of the halberd because of how it's swung and it's a thrust sort of weapon but it does deal more damage. This is why I don't know which to upgrade right now.

    submitted by /u/glumtito
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn't my character go right?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 01:18 AM PDT

    I need help because my character doesn't go to the right.when I move the analog stick to the right it takes a brain cell killing amount of time and sometimes doesn't even run properly and it's not just right but the too right corner and the bottom right corner even though this is a new controller and it's not the controller because I opened fallout and it worked fine and that's the reason I'm posting it on here.

    submitted by /u/Fabulous_Web1315
    [link] [comments]

    2 botched questlines in a single tired session

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 02:35 AM PDT

    I decided to replay the remastered version a bit ago and decided I wanted to use this playthrough to try and obtain everything you can possibly get in a single playthrough to fulfill my completionist desires and when I finally got to demon ruins and izalith I forgot about the 2nd Kirk fight meaning I don't get the armor AND messed up Siegmeyer's quest because I scrolled to the wrong spell to fight the tentacle demons and accidentally blasted him with a full power Crystal Soul Spear causing him to die in that pit. I'm so frustrated with myself and don't know if I'm going to even continue on with my playthrough since now it's not a completionist run

    submitted by /u/SkyfireTheHero
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought Dark souls!!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 01:52 PM PDT

    Played 3 a lot!!, and little of 2. But man I'm 2 seconds into Dark Souls remastered and it looks amazing. I love how the characters move like actual people and not fast paced. Gives them weight like dayummm

    submitted by /u/NoahMinchin
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the game!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 09:10 PM PDT

    I started playing Dark souls 8 months ago while quarantined because of covid. Last night I finally parried gywn into submission. In new game plus the plan is to abandon spear and shield and use the demon great axe to bonk my way to a different ending. Honestly, I have a new favorite game.

    submitted by /u/Rmccnf
    [link] [comments]

    Is lvl 47 enough for O and S?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 12:12 AM PDT

    I'm level 47 and struggling with OnS a bit. Wondering if i'm underlevelled or just being a bitch. Currently using a +3 silver knight sword.

    submitted by /u/JrOlympicPoleVaulter
    [link] [comments]

    Positive Reinforcement: Remastered

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 10:54 PM PDT

    Greetings! After seeing a video where somebody's death screen was modded to say You Tried, I found the mod, Positive Reinforcement, but it was only for Prepare to Die. I have updated it for Dark Souls: Remastered, you can find the updated version here. You will need to use the TKGP Texture Packer to install it. Enjoy!

    submitted by /u/zstone
    [link] [comments]

    how do i make it fun for other people?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 10:44 PM PDT

    In every game, i have a tank playstyle. I love having high defense so the giantdad caught my attention. I heard things like, "its super op" and stuff. How do i have a fun BALANCED tank playstyle?

    submitted by /u/bongoes_bananas
    [link] [comments]

    I did it! first solo only run complete!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    I've beaten the game once before but that was with a well experienced friend for all of the toughest fights on a heavy armor shield character.

    This run was a dex/int shieldless run.

    What a different game this has been, at O&S I wanted to sell my cartridge I was so frustrated 💀

    submitted by /u/Sol_Schism
    [link] [comments]

    Help fight Nito Playstation 4 or 5

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 12:07 AM PDT

    There's no cross play. Anyway can someone strong head to the second bonfire in tomb of the giants where the bone dogs are and let me summon you right at the bonfire. I'll tell the code when your there so tell me when your there.

    submitted by /u/NefariousGluttony
    [link] [comments]

    Reflection post Dark Souls

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    So, I clapped Gwyn's ass yesterday, and just couldn't believe it.

    I had bought the remaster for Switch over a year ago. I had heard that it was a lesson of perseverance and will, which I thought would really come in handy to me, specially back then. I was going through lots of stress and all of that because of high school (I was and still am 16), and I wanted to hold myself to something that actually showed me that I was making progrees. The lack of that feeling is a great problem for me.

    I always push myself too hard. In exchange for great results, yeah (for God's sake, I got a 90% average mark at the end of the course while studying on one of the most demanding high schools here in Spain), but at a great price. Dark Souls was unable to change that.

    I was actually doing pretty good. No boss would take me more than two or three days to beat and I gotta say I felt pretty good. It was really helping me cope up with the stress and frustration from facing my final exams, and ended up developping a pretty strong emotional bond with the game. It was a sort of safe place for me, where I ended up overcoming obstacles that seemed impossible at the beginning.

    However, one day I reached Ornstein and Smough. They were a really huge barrier which I couldn't get over. Saw the best I could do was take one of them once every 30 attemps or so and then, I felt completely defeated.

    I tend to try the same thing over and over, but, as always, perseverance on it's own wasn't taking me anywhere. It was too much for me: Wasn't Dark Souls supposed to help me? Wasn't I the chosen undead, capable of overcoming every monster, obstacle or enemy? The conclusion I had reached hit really hard: No, I wasn't. I wasn't enough to overcome it, so I might as well drop the game.

    I then took a long ass breake that lasted I don't know how long, but it was way more than half a year. During that time, I couldn't stop talking about how it wasn't fun anymore, nor worth my time. I talked to other friends of mine with a certain tone of superiority, sharing that conclusion I had reached, the one so many people praised becauss they thought it was such a mature thing to do.

    But, deep down, I knew that wasn't true.

    I was lying to myself. I knew that I was the problem, that I was doing something wrong. Ornstein and Smough where there, waiting for me. My whole body felt weird while thinking about them or listening to their theme on YouTube. Ghosts from the past that were poking my heart with a stick whenever the memory of them crossed my mind.

    I have never trusted myself. I'm too negative and have little to no patience. But what I do have is the will to grab life by the horns and make things right, even if it's too late sometimes.

    And then I went on summer vacation.

    I brought my Switch with me, wondering about what I should play. Instead of buying another game, I thought about what I already had, and then remembered Dark Souls.

    My grades during this year's course had been the best of my life, even if I thought it would be impossible to get a good mark during the first months. With all of the preassure I put on myself, over my shoulders I managed to do it. So what made Dark Souls different?

    It was time for me to punch those two, grab that stick they had been poking my heart with, and thrust it up their asses. So, I ended up going back. And it took me no more than a week to finish them.

    Yes, I looked at guides on Internet. Yes, I asked help here on Reddit and yes, I summoned Soliare. But I had overcomed an obstacle that had been poisoning my soul for a really long time, and felt unstoppable. It was an incredible boost of self-confidence and made me truly happy.

    From there onwards, no boss took me more than a single day to defeat. First, Sif and the Four Kings, then Bed of Chaos, Seath and Gravelord Nito. Then, the DLC bosses: The Sanctuary Guardian, Artorias and Manus (yes, I skipped Kalameet and decided not to kill the painted world lady).

    All of those challenges followed the same pattern: First few tries, frustration, getting items/upgrading equipment, victory. Absolutely all of them. It didn't matter how difficult it semt first time, I ended up defeating all of them, which made me really proud (specially when killing Manus, he holds a special place in my heart). I felt really happy and accomplished, but there was one thing left to do.

    Gwyn, the final boss. I fought him with mixed emotions every time: Sorrow, for the game would come to an end afterwards, frustration, as I couldn't defeat him, and some sort of amazement, because of how epic it was and what that old man represented: The final obstacle of one of the biggest, toughest challenges I had ever faced in my life, which was beating Dark Souls.

    Yet at the end, he fell. I tried to parry him for so long (made myself follow the rule of not fighting him unless I had defeated all of his knights on the way to the fog gate by only hitting them after a parry) until I just dropped that strategy. After uncountable attemps, I just did the best I could: Fight.

    I have gone through some tough things on my life. Turned out to be a diabetic and a celiac from a very early age, lived in a very caring and loving yet very particular, difficult house, got in many toxic relationship with people that only used me and made me lose lots of friends because of how they used to manipulate my selfless, innocent nature for their own good up to the point in which I changed and almost gave up on my childhood dream: helping everyone in this rotten world with any problem they had, didn't matter how much pain I had to suffer to make it come true.

    In order to stay true to myself and never lose hope, I long ago learned to get up again, and again, and again. Didn't matter how hard it was. And same went for Gwyn. Tried again, and again, and again... Until I layed the final hit on him.

    He was going to do the grab thing. He had very little health left but so did I. There was no estus left, and I could die if I made a single mistake: My greatest attemp until that moment would just go to waste. But it was too late for going back, so I waited, calmly, for an opening. And so, it came. I dodged his grab attack once more and landed the final hit, the classical one handed light attack of the good old Zweihander. He fell on his knees and then dissappeared on a beam of light: I had just beaten Dark Souls.

    It has taken me some time to accept it. For a long time, I thought it wasn't possible and deeply envied those who did get further than I did. I had tried other souls games before but never finished any (sold Dark Souls 2 when I was 12 or so, I didn't manage to get out of the first area, and also left Sekiro right after Genichiro, I might as well resume it), and the battle against Ornstein and Smough, who once were so great to my eyes, invincible, was now long completed. A great challenge, indeed, and a greater journey.

    Dark Souls has taught me lots of things, but I'll never forget a certain quote: "Don't you dare go hollow". I realized while playing that, sometimes in my life, I was on the edge of indeed going hollow. But that was me no more, as I had decided to get up and fight my worst nightmares once again. Yet this time, I would actually see them dissappear in front of my eyes. My victory would be tangible.

    Life's not easy, and it's cheap to give up. But I didn't, I never did. I even seriously thought about commiting suicide from time to time because of how hard things were for me at certain moments of my life, but I just couldn't convince myself to do it. There isn't such thing as an impossible challenge. I always fight my way to hell, and Dark Souls has helped me realize that.

    It showed me how strong I can be, showed me that the will to get up and try again is invincible. I'll soon be facing my last year course before university, with the resolution and determination of those who know that there is no unachievable goal. After all, I did not only beat Ornstein and Smough, but all of Dark Souls, didn't I?

    I can only feel respect for all of the enemies I ever had to face, both real and in-game. They made me grow into a stronger, more confident person than before, and I'll never be able to thank enough the creators and developers enough for producing such a masterpiece.

    For everyone who's going through dificult times: Even the toughest hell can be conquered. I did, as many other did before me, and many after.

    Please, remember... Don't you dare go hollow.

    Note: Thanks to everyone who ever helped me. You'll know if I'm talking about you. It wouldn't have been possible without all of your help <3

    submitted by /u/GimmeYourLungsBro
    [link] [comments]

    Thought I was beating O&S on first try until...

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 12:38 PM PDT

    At first I was like "oh my god this is so easy. Haha I'm gonna beat them at first try". Solair had ornstein and I had smough. I was almost done with smough and ornstein was one hit. I guess. But solair died right at the moment I killed smough I was so happy. And I didn't care solair died. I could just one hit ornstein and be done. But then there was a cutscene.... 🗿🗿🗿 you know what happened next.

    submitted by /u/GreasyGoose13
    [link] [comments]

    Dark wood grain ring and astorias

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 06:01 PM PDT

    Doing my first playthrough - I have been playing a dex build with the great scythe and uchi and rolling has been my go to manoeuvre to avoid damage. For whatever reason I hadn't really come across the Dark Wood grain ring and I had been fine with my rolls v other bosses.

    Fast forward to Astorias - he was absolutely wrecking me. Felt like even for well timed rolls he was managing to hit me and no matter what I did I could not dodge his leap attack.

    Researched online and could see suggestions of using the DWGR and so I went and got it - man!! Makes all the difference, with the extra invulnerability frames. Beat him second time with the ring. What a feeling and love the game. If anyone is struggling make sure you have it equipped. Other good advice I got was to roll towards him (twice if you can) to dodge the leap attack as he seems to be able to adjust very late

    submitted by /u/Dawnshot_
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve just 100%’ed the DS3 today. It is my first souls game. And now DS1 and 2 is on sale. Should i buy and try them or avoid them?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 03:44 PM PDT

    Basically the tittle. Just question for the veterans of the series.

    How are they aged? Is there a huge difference in game mechanics? Would they make me rage quit or after 3 playthroughs have i become skilled enough to play the both games while having fun?

    submitted by /u/Cookie_slayer99
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the point of SGS?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 03:35 AM PDT

    have watched speedruns and even done the skip myself. whats the point of going to sens early if you have go back and ring the two bells anyways?

    submitted by /u/JCrusti
    [link] [comments]

    Lol

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 03:25 AM PDT

    Lol thought partying Gwynn would be easy. I got him parryed once and it was working well until the estus flask tactic just decided not to work. Like how did it not work for me, it's literally parry, heal then spam l2. I got it work two times on him but some how there third one just didn't feel like working and I got him to third health. Is there a way to make is first hit the swing because for me his first move is always the kick or grab

    submitted by /u/Zeppelinincolor
    [link] [comments]

    Red Titanite Chunks

    Posted: 23 Jul 2021 02:58 AM PDT

    Considering feeding Frampt one of my Red Titanite Slab and I'm wondering if anyone knows how much Red Titanite Chunks I get if I give the Slab to Frampt.

    submitted by /u/poopyheadtempest
    [link] [comments]

    Spear build help

    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 08:43 PM PDT

    So im doing a spear build rn i just pasted O&S and got the leo ring but im still not that happy with my damage output i have a +4 winged spear and lightning spear is there another spear or upgrade path that could help? or do just keep upgrading what i already have?

    submitted by /u/stukrai
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment