• Breaking News

    Friday, July 2, 2021

    Dark Souls Indict every invader you come across!

    Dark Souls Indict every invader you come across!


    Indict every invader you come across!

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 01:41 AM PDT

    Indicting an invader means whoever killed you gets punished for their sins and it means more PvP activity for blues and reds, it's a win-win! (Which is especially valuable now with how long the game has been out already)

    Whenever you make a new character, don't forget to buy an indictment at Oswald right after the Gargoyles. It only costs 200 souls and you only need one, since they don't get used up (though you can buy more to drop them to other players).

    And in the wise words of Oswald: It is only human to commit sin...

    Keheheheheheheh!

    submitted by /u/janiekh
    [link] [comments]

    guys, I finally rang the 2 bells after months of playing this game, my hard work has paid off

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    after all those months after all those painful push throughs, i finally did it, the 2 bells have been rung by ME and I beat the chaos witch guarding the 2nd bell now I'm in the bonfire in demon ruins, but this happiness is overwhelming

    14-year-old me is proud of myself

    oh yeah the Big Boi in chains is important because it rose up and started pulling on the chains and the gates are open and he is above it...i think

    and one more thing is the game in its last act now or smt now that I rung the 2 bells

    submitted by /u/legz2006
    [link] [comments]

    I have been fighting Orstein and Smough for 3 days straight, what am I doing wrong?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 12:32 AM PDT

    I typically play for 6 hours and I have made little to no progress against these two. I am level 47 with upgrades mostly towards vitality, strength, and endurance. I am wearing the silver knight set and use a lightning claymore, fire zweihander, and black knight shield, all of them have been upgraded. I typically go for Smough first since he seems to catch me off guard the most, and I am able to defeat him without the biggest issue. When Orstein grows however, it feels virtually impossible to attack him without being killed by any of his attacks. I am considering restarting the game or deleting entirely because I feel it to be pointless to keep on trying.

    TLDR; Any tips for defeating the large Orstein? Anything helps!

    submitted by /u/GuyWithaTV
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Souls Community…

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 03:28 PM PDT

    I've played a lot of video games over the years and been involved in a number of online communities that revolve around them. The Dark Souls community is the most kind, creative, and dedicated community I have ever witnessed.

    Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/busttooquick
    [link] [comments]

    Card of the Day: Darkwraith Knight

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 05:17 AM PDT

    Darkwraith Knight

    When this creature leaves the battlefield, target player discards a card and loses 2 life.

    2 Colorless 1 Black, Tap: Destroy target tapped creature.

    The Dark Hand of Kaathe continues to grip the ruined city, despite its residents' demise long ago.

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulsMTG
    [link] [comments]

    Are people still playing 1?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    Will I find people online?

    submitted by /u/youcanotseeme
    [link] [comments]

    I BEAT ORNSTEIN AND SMOUGH

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 06:27 AM PDT

    On my third attempt too! I thought it would take days of trying

    submitted by /u/CrystalshipsCometh
    [link] [comments]

    i need help with Tarsus demon

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 04:27 AM PDT

    i keep dying and dying. is there any tips i could get? my current strategy: kill the archers at the top of the tower, hesitantly walk to the fog wall for him to spawn, and then dash to the tower. i do like 2 overhead strikes before he jumps on the tower, then i fight it the ground. i hit him and roll but my rolls always dont work? is there is a thing with the iframes? like if you roll but you roll while he is hitting you. (such as he is doing a sweep with his club and you roll right into it, you still take damage. my current gear is: all warrior armor set, a morning star / either an unbalanced or two hand-able (i forgot) zweihander, and a hollow shield / dragoncrest shield. aswell as some firebombs. should i use a fire bomb before doing an overhead strike? or would that take too long and he would jump onto the tower. (using 2 estus flasks on the tower is the max before he jumps onto the tower.)

    submitted by /u/redditorbored
    [link] [comments]

    I got a Dark Souls cake for my birthday!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 01:55 PM PDT

    Not only I got a surprise party, but my mom made me a spectacular Dark Souls cake, with our beloved Solaire on top. I couldn't be more happy.

    submitted by /u/Darbuinsito
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dark Souls Remastered worth to new players?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 06:18 AM PDT

    I've heard from people that DS1 is specially clunky and didnt age well compared to 3 and 2, but the remastered version is on sale for 55% off

    submitted by /u/AidThisFellowUser
    [link] [comments]

    I. Killed. O&S. Without. Summons.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 11:08 PM PDT

    JESUS FUKING CHRIST!!!

    "That was a hell of a ride" CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN HOW THAT SHIT WAS.

    6 at 7 hours trying to pass from the first phase, passed sometimes, went to Super Smough.

    4 Estus, tense as fuck, SAFE as fuck, watching carefully to see when he would drag his hammer in the ground and go to a pillar of dodge in time, panic rolling on AOE's, screaming my lungs out after killing it.

    Without letting the fact i was with only 13 OF VITALITY.

    I should be reaaaally careful with my humanities now on.

    submitted by /u/ActuallyMc
    [link] [comments]

    Ds2 can't see anything

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    So I playing ds2 and I was entering the fog gate at undead purgatory. I was just about to enter when I was killed, now for a brief moment my screen went black I presume it was for the start of a cutscene.

    So when I respawned at the bonfire, everything is black, or blue or orange (it depends on the area) now I can't see walls or floors, but I can see fire, items and fog gates.

    I tried restarting the game, dying and traveling to a new area does anyone know how to fix this?

    Fixed: I restarted my playstation and now it works

    submitted by /u/wobsbobs
    [link] [comments]

    I just saw that anor londo exists in dark souls 3 as well, is that the same lordran anor londo or did the people of lothric just decided to builld the same exact city?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 08:09 PM PDT

    Or was that From's reference to dark souls 1?

    submitted by /u/SirRoderic
    [link] [comments]

    You can change the location of one bonfire in the game. Which one?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 01:58 AM PDT

    Obviously, this doesn't include the bonfires spawned after defeating the Lord Soul Bosses. The bonfire you remove must also be either in the same area or at least close, so no removing the second Asylum bonfire and placing it at the entrance of the Crystal Cave or something like that.

    Personally, I'd remove the Darkroot Basin bonfire and place it on the Valley of Drakes, next to the ladder you climb in front of the giant ass doors you open to unflood New Londo.

    submitted by /u/caelussideralis
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't we see anything of Oolacile or the colosseum where we fight Artorias, in the darkroot garden?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 05:40 AM PDT

    So I know the basics of the legend of Artorias and why we fight him and that the chosen undead is the one who defeated Manus and destroyed the abyss.

    But, why don't we see anything of this whole area in the main game? Nothing? Not even some ruins.

    In dark souls 3 there is Anor Londo, completely functional and barely scratched, and in Ringed City we can find parts of Firelink Shrine from ds1 and parts of Earthen Peak from ds2 - so there are definitely buildings in thos series, that can survive many many generations.

    I think in a video by illusors wall, he mentioned that his theory on why we can't find any remnants of Oolacile is, because it was too close to 'grourn zero'?!

    So my question is, was there some kind of abyss consumption, after the chosen undead defeated manus? I don't really understand what happend to that whole area after the chosen undead left.

    submitted by /u/WhyAmITho
    [link] [comments]

    Traveling Boots

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 02:55 AM PDT

    I have gotten traveling boots on every single file that has killed Seath. You should too. It's a better version of the loincloth you wear but with added defense.

    submitted by /u/boombago
    [link] [comments]

    Want to talk glitches, exploits and skips?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    Just like talking with people who don't mind them and stories of how they used them in cool ways. My favorite is the lower undead burg ladder skip, bc it's just cool to jump in Capra's boss room over the fog from out of bounds and sometimes he doesn't even aggro. And the arrow/brightness glitch I like bc you can use it to make quick builds since there's no respec. One big one I've never pulled off is the archives skip. I can't seem to ever land right on the elevator, so I've just got fast at running the prison part old school.

    submitted by /u/Farmonkal
    [link] [comments]

    I finally gotten gud

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 07:15 PM PDT

    I beaten the whole Souls saga. Im so relieved and sad at the same time lol. Thank you all for this amazing community

    submitted by /u/The_R3venant
    [link] [comments]

    Theory "Solarie is a sun!"

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 10:56 PM PDT

    The player has a choice: to save Solarie or not to kill the beetle, to let him "enjoy" false happiness. In this way he gets a false sun. But some players consider this to be the best outcome, otherwise Soler remains unhappy.

    But this is not the case. Did you see the summoning sign near the bossfight with Gwyn? This sign means more than just helping the player, it is the path of Soler himself. Do you remember his words?

    https://darksouls.fandom.com/wiki/Solaire_of_Astora

    "We are amidst strange beings, in a strange land. The flow of time itself is convoluted; with heroes centuries old phasing in and out. The very fabric wavers, and relations shift and obscure. There's no telling how much longer your world and mine will remain in contact."

    This means that when the Flame fades, the time becomes "unstable" and everyone has their own parallel world. This means that in the parallel world Solarie also fights with Gwyn, and this is his way, because he.. He wants to kindle the Flame too! And... The Flame Is Kindle! And when the Flame kindles, Solarie becomes "bright", as it wanted, and much brighter than in the light from a beetle. He gives light and warmth to everyone. He gives everyone hope. Like a sun. Like a true sun!

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5KJkDbWQAcRBzG?format=jpg&name=large

    Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/Draxoneli
    [link] [comments]

    Black knight weapon alternatives

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    I've beaten DSR three times now... the first time I built for STR and I got the Black Knight sword to drop from BK #1 and ended up using it throughout the game... I also found a reliable path to getting it to +5 by the time I fought Quelaag... my second playthrough I used sorcery and pretty much walked through the game... on my third I built STR again, got lucky on the BK in the basin who dropped the Black Knight Halberd, and using the same path got it to +5 quickly...

    I want to beat the game without using the Black Knight weapons but after using them everything else just feels like I'm attacking with a wet noodle... or a pool noodle...

    I've tried Zweihander which is great damage wise but trying to fight Capra and his dogs in that tiny space gets infuriating with how long it takes to swing...

    I've tried the Claymore which is faster than Zwei but again at Capra (at +5) I find myself doing about half the damage of the BKS each hit...

    Have I fucked myself by using the Black Knight Weapons?

    Are there any weapons that can match their damage output early and have a quick to mid swing moveset? and if not when do other weapons start to overtake the BKW? (assuming that I upgrade them as much as possible as early as possible)

    submitted by /u/MrGreytheIXth
    [link] [comments]

    New to Dark Souls

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 01:44 AM PDT

    This is my first time playing dark souls remastered. I've played and completed ds3, bb and sekiro and am liking dsr but I've never been as confused as when I'm playing this I always feel my weapons underpowered and should be reinforcing something else I'm currently at the qualeg witch (excuse spelling) and using the Laito raw+1 and advice on what I should be using would be great I know its down to personal choice but what do you guys prefer

    submitted by /u/Adept-Log-3085
    [link] [comments]

    Could you permenatly kill a hollow?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 01:34 AM PDT

    So we know that lorewise upon death when a undead dies they return to a bonfire. As stated by the darksign that it is triggerd upon death.

    But the hollow don't they just lay their before getting back up. But I was curious do you think a hollow could be permantly killed if you destroyed their entire body?

    Like yeeting them in a volcano or burning every cell in their body away.

    I doubt they could come back from that.

    submitted by /u/wobsbobs
    [link] [comments]

    I JUST BEAT O&S !!!!!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    After a couple of weeks of being stuck on the duo , the job has been completed :-). I had to do so much grinding to get strong enough and I acquired the great sword of artorias! This is my first play through and I was worried I was gonna be stuck on them forever but progressing through this game has been so much fun ! Now time to fill the lordvessel 😎

    submitted by /u/Gravvezz
    [link] [comments]

    Beyond equip load, do the stats on DS1R armours matter for PvE?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2021 01:09 AM PDT

    I'm playing through just now with the pyromancers starting armour and I can't really notice much of a difference in the damage I'm taking compared to the elite knight armour which theoretically has better overall stats but is a lot heavier (neither set upgraded at all). Do the armour stats really make much difference beyond your roll speed and some of the hidden stats (like the ninja stuff being poison resistant)?

    submitted by /u/Lafergo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment