• Breaking News

    Monday, July 12, 2021

    Dark Souls Congrats to my German Shepherd!

    Dark Souls Congrats to my German Shepherd!


    Congrats to my German Shepherd!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 10:03 PM PDT

    Congrats to my Shepherd.

    I'm incredibly proud of my 1 year old dog who just finished Dark Souls. A few months ago, he was playing Lego games and Spyro, and today he defeated Gwyn. Took him seven attempts cause he doesn't have thumbs, but he got there in the end. He's come so far. I've got no proof, and quite honestly a reason to lie, but internet points are internet points and I'll be damned if strangers don't validate my e-ego.

    submitted by /u/MemesFromTheNexus
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing dark souls

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 01:40 PM PDT

    I just defeated Ornstein and Smough after around 50 attempts. 26 years of gaming couldnt prepare me for this hell of a fight.

    It felt like the cleric knight build didnt do me a favor with the short ass range of the mace.

    Just needed to share with people who know the pain

    submitted by /u/SnowEisTeeGott
    [link] [comments]

    Speedrun attempt

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    I used a guide and tried my first real attempt at a speedrun on DSR. I went the route of the GLS and pretty much nude the whole time! I just made it to Gwyn in 8hrs 34mins. I know that's not crazy good or anything but I'm pretty pumped to get there in under 10 hrs. I'm practicing parrying to beat Gwyn and get to NG+ in under 10. I just wanted to share with all the non-hollow homies!

    submitted by /u/notmypretzeldent
    [link] [comments]

    Cleric?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 03:22 PM PDT

    Wanna hear a joke? Every run Ive ever done on souls has been dex / str. I am now ready to change it up & do a solid run through with a cleric on DS1. Any tips? Ive honestly NEVER touched spells, staffs, magic etc in the game so this should be a completely new experience. I'm excited :)

    submitted by /u/tokayeahok
    [link] [comments]

    I have the weirdest feeling right now.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 03:09 PM PDT

    I'm on my first playthrough of dark souls and I just beat the taurus demon and got the bonfire after it. I got so frustrated on the way there, dying countless times. I swore when I got to the next bonfire I would take a break but for some reason I don't want to. I want to keep playing which is weird because this whole time I've been getting destroyed by this game but I want to keep going? Has anyone else felt this when playing?

    submitted by /u/FeudiLyric29_
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that carrying under 70% of your capacity makes you even *faster*!

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    I'm the fastest motherfucker alive!! So graceful!

    Springing like a beautiful young fawn right into the counter swing of a two-stage sweep attack. So glorious!!!

    submitted by /u/arthouse2k2k
    [link] [comments]

    Why is DS 1's armor so extravagant?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 02:41 PM PDT

    Never played DS1, only 2 and 3, but thanks to many YouTubers, I am pretty familiar with the game. One thing I noticed is that compared to 2 and 3, 1 has more iconic and rather extravagant armor sets. For example Lauthrec's (forgive me if I mispelled) armor, the darkmoon knightess's armor (my favorite), The easterner armor seller's helmet and Dusk's crown are very memorable (forgot havel ornstein and smough). Why did this end, and only continue as flashbacks in the other games? In DS3 most armor are detailed, well designed, but doesnt stand out and fits well, like everyone can wear a lothric knight armor without someone batting an eye.

    submitted by /u/QuillTheBoreal
    [link] [comments]

    Wife wants to play Dark Souls with me!

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 03:16 AM PDT

    IMO, I'm an experienced dark souls player. My wife wants to start playing dark souls with me co-op. Will this ruin her experience? She play video games but nothing this challenging.

    submitted by /u/Woodworker0919
    [link] [comments]

    who in dark souls has the saddest story

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 11:52 PM PDT

    peronally for me sif and artorias

    submitted by /u/talkingabout009
    [link] [comments]

    Card of the Day #37: Giants of Sen's Fortress

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 04:23 AM PDT

    Giants of Sen's Fortress

    4 Colorless, 1 green, 2 white; 7/7

    Trample, Vigilance

    1 red, 3 colorless, tap: Deal 4 damage to target creature

    "And then you're thinking 'Wow, thank gods that climb was over!' But it's not, it's—STAND ASIDE!!" - Iron Tarkus

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulsMTG
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Dark Souls 1.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 08:55 PM PDT

    The build up to this was so exhilarating. I enter the fog to fight Gwyn. But then I hear the music. It was so, tragic, heartbreaking, really confusing for a bit. I died so many times, 15+, because I couldn't get the music out of my head. I finish him, the first thing I do is drop the controller and look up "Gwyn SoundTrack" and listen to it. Then it made me realize sth really deep which had me on the verge of tears. The Knights, were ones who served Gwyn, but they lost others in the process, some consumed by their own anger and rage, some simply gave up, and Gwyn, despite the countless horrible things he did, being a god, he still had a weakness. He was human from the heart. In the end, he was a broken old man with no solution, who had to be put down. Ive always been interested in video game lore, and this one was the one that hit home the most. Gwyn was brought in by the warmth of the fire, but along the way, he experienced so much darkness, the world became dark, and he sat there, at the kiln of the first flame, awaiting his death.

    Edit: I didn't know what to say, cuz this really was the most confusing game lore wise I've played, and Miyazaki advises the player to make up the lore for themselves along the way, and this really was how I envisioned it. This game was brutal, frustrating, annoying, tedious, but at the same time, it's one of the greatest games ever made.

    submitted by /u/rinkashike
    [link] [comments]

    Just got platinum, and man do I love/hate this game.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    Just got every achievement in DS1 (360 edition, although played on XB1).

    This is my favorite game of all time, and the first I've ever platinum'd.

    Got most of them naturally. Only ones I had to work for were every spell type (sooo much grinding), "every" unique weapon (even more grinding), and a couple of the weapon upgrade paths (have I mentioned grinding yet?).

    To highlight some of my good and bad experiences...

    • For the Knight's Honor (every rare weapon excluding a select few), I got super lucky and got the Channeler's Trident just naturally playing the game on one save, so I started there. I think one of the most frustrating parts of this achievement was making sure I did everything right; killing the right optional bosses for each NG cycle to get all the boss weapons, using the most efficient paths for farming, etc.

    For the hardest overall achievement, for me it was Prayer of the Maiden (obtain all Miracles). With online not being as popular, I opted just for farming for the items needed.... all I gotta say is... fuck statistics, my luck is shit.

    The weapon upgrades weren't bad, especially since I got lucky with a couple drops (farming red chunks sucks though).

    Overall, love this game, I've played through it 10 or 11 times now. But also the stats and drop rates can fuck off and go hollow.

    Anyway, thanks for reading if you did. If anyone wants help with achievements, just let me know.

    Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/InvictusBro
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know who created this artorias image or how to find them?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 06:35 PM PDT

    I want to get this as a tattoo but would like to get permission from the artist. Anyone know who it is or how I can track them down?

    https://9gag.com/gag/agYxGYn?ref=pn

    submitted by /u/banakinskywalker94
    [link] [comments]

    Demon Ruins

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 04:27 AM PDT

    Alright, who's the paint sniffer who thought spamming Taurus demons and Capra demons in the literal only two paths was a fantastic design choice.

    Whoever you are… I hope you have explosive diarrhea for a month.

    submitted by /u/GENOCIDE_324
    [link] [comments]

    Ring of Sacrifice

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 10:28 PM PDT

    Important remainder to all new players. It's important to use ring if you dont wana lose your hard earned souls.

    How ever if you lost your souls and you are going for recover (and you may die) using ring of Sacrifice prevents you of losing them on 2nd, 3rd,4th...run as long as you can/have use ring Ring prevents of making new 0 souls drop pile so.... Your original big soul pile is safe..... I learned this on my 47 NG (DS3)

    submitted by /u/sneknexe
    [link] [comments]

    The symbolism of the Crestfallen Warrior

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 04:19 AM PDT

    When you arrive at Firelink Shrine, you meet the Crestfallen Warrior who's basically given up on life, and is sitting there awaiting his doom. He knows what has to be done, but he doesn't believe himself to be capable of doing it.

    Miyazaki was probably aware that a large amount of players would give up on the game shortly after arriving at Firelink. So he put the Crestfallen Warrior there to represent all these players who never made it out of the area.

    submitted by /u/FreshPrinceOfRivia
    [link] [comments]

    Good Spells for my Strength Build?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 03:23 AM PDT

    It is a Strength Build with a Great Club, Vit36 End35 and Str42 in Ng+.

    A friend told me to stop leveling strength that for the PvE (since i can't play online) I already do enough damage and start with intelligence or faith, which I have at 13 and 11, what spells do you recommend me?

    submitted by /u/angelomerz_
    [link] [comments]

    �� Blighttown �� and Chaos Witch Quelaag

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 11:26 PM PDT

    👹 Blighttown 👹

    I did it. I overcame 👹 blighttown 👹 and rang the second bell of awakening. Wow where do I start? Let's start with how much I was prepared. I bought 5 purple moss , had a +6 Uchigatana and the Spider crest shield (And around level 33- came out at 42). So I was pretty good with that. The enemies were okay, the big dudes are an easy backstab kill, those neck munchers are also pretty simple but can be annoying with the grab, and the blow dart people suck. I made my way through fairly easily and blighttown is actually very interesting in it's design, lots of verticality and made room for lots of interesting item placements. I did however lose my life to gravity more than I'd like to admit. I'd say around 7 times I succumbed to gravities death grip. The animals and insects are really easy kills very simple. Getting through blighttown is a nightmare. So many ladders and drops but it wasn't too bad overall. I found the way back to firelink from The Valley of the Drakes and into New Londo Ruins with my new firekeeper soul, but ... Laurtrec murdered her. So, noticing that I'm missing something, I see Quelaag's domain past the poisoning swamp. The way to her domain was easy just a bit time consuming waiting for the poison to go away.

    🕷️ Chaos Witch Quelaag 🕷️

    (Don't hit the guys before her fog gate. Not a good idea 😂)

    Let's start off by saying she wasn't the worst.I died 5 times against her, killing on my 6th. She has some dirty moves, like the jumping lava breath, the instant kill AOE and the explosion. I died to that instant AOE many times. But once I realized what to do, it was a simple run around the arena avoiding places with lava and slicing her spider legs, avoiding any AOE and giving you some space to rinse and repeat. I took on the strategy to get about 1 1/2 health bars of her health (she has 13) and then running away to rinse and repeat . Doing this it was pretty simple and killing her took pretty long. After killing her I felt pretty accomplished and I got her soul. I rung the second bell. The gate that Siegmeyer was waiting at was opened by what looks like a chained demon. Now I lay rest next to the bonfire in the demon ruins.

    (I will keep you updated on my journey. I plan to post after every important event, boss, or area)

    (I promise I won't go hollow)

    submitted by /u/propagandagenx
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing. I don't really like wearing any armor because it slows me down and I've been through 4 boss fights. Is it okay to keep playing this way or should I get used to using armor

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 03:03 AM PDT

    I don't really have a full grasp of how things work. But I really like halberd so I've been using it from the start, now I'm thinking of ascending it but I might have to wear armor sets soon and halberd is a heavy weapon (right? It's weights 6), and I'm not comfortable playing slow. So I'm thinking since it's really unavoidable to wear armor sets I should just get used to other weapons to still feel light with armor. Also I haven't really got any special armor sets yet. Do you guys have any advice or tips, I'm a noob when it comes to this part of rpg games. I even consumed the thing required to reinforce my heal, it's frustrating bec i thought consuming those would upgrade my heal bottle, I didn't know I have to give it to the girl who can't speak, whom I just found

    submitted by /u/justexistinggg
    [link] [comments]

    If i leave the chaos covenant after giving 30 humanities for the door, will the door close?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 05:49 PM PDT

    I want to join the sunbros cuz im doing a cleric build but i also wanna save the boy.

    submitted by /u/Heck-Me
    [link] [comments]

    What if dark souls had chalice dungeons

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 05:13 PM PDT

    I'm curious what it would be like for ds1 chalice dungeons, what do you think it would be like

    submitted by /u/I_like_dark_sou1s
    [link] [comments]

    Lol I’m dumb

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 10:05 PM PDT

    Finally beat smough and what ever his name is. Lots of fun! Spent twenty tries on trying to kill smough first and the second time I try orn first I beat them both lol. Do I unlock any new parts of the map? Kinda loss right now. I do know what to do with lord vessel though.

    submitted by /u/Zeppelinincolor
    [link] [comments]

    Is not upgrading health a viable strategy or no?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 10:05 PM PDT

    I keep having this tendency of upgrading literally everything I want on my character except health, this has become consistent across all my playthroughs of ds1, ds2, ds3 and bb, and I haven't had too hard a time playing all the souls games (bloodborne dlc was rough) is this behaviour normal? or am I just a masochistic freak? Also I play a dex/strength build with light magic and medium equipload. I like using bleed weapons my favourite being bandit dagger and I go for parries whenever I can. I use whatever weapon I feel like using at the time and I'm more casual

    submitted by /u/ThisMayBeForNioh
    [link] [comments]

    Beat the game for the.... 6th time i think? Now off to DS2! Elden Ring hype lets go - anyone else doing the same?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    Decided to pick up the series again to polish my skills for elden ring! Just finished dark souls.

    One important tip: KINDLE YOUR BONFIRES PEOPLE!!!! I kindled a bunch of bonfires and when i finished i still had like 15 humanities. I did not play online or summoned any phantoms. Pacing and distance is the most important thing.

    Went Full STR Build, i stopped at 46 STR , 30 stam, and 24 Vitality. Started as warrior. didnt put any points into hp until like 40 str

    Got lucky and got Black Knight Ultra so i had to pump a little of dex but it just CHEWED through everything. Even Gwyn. I wanted fast roll so i was basically naked for the entirety of the game. once i got a bit of endurance i wore pants, then i was able to wear a helmet(i got the mask of the childs which is great!). I had 0 issues with any of the bosses. Nito i guess i died like 5 times because positioning the skeletons was a pain considering i had 0 poise. i could almost never attack. Gwyin took me 3 tries, just parried him as any sane person does. Four kings i did the old havel facetank strategy. Orstein and smough was a breeze since the BKGS destroyed their health bar.

    Total playtime was 20 hours, i did not farm any souls or materials, i did take my sweet time and i am pretty sure i got like 90% of all items. i did not do the dlc, honestly after dying to manus like 50 times(in past playthroughs) i really don't feel like bothering with the dlc this playthrough.

    Now off to Dark Souls 2. Full STR build baby, biggest wep i can find!

    If you are doing the same share your builds!

    Edit: took me about 6 weeks. It's hard being a father, work 60 hours a week and be able to play.

    submitted by /u/MyChocolates
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment