• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 20, 2021

    Dark Souls This has probably been said a million times but…

    Dark Souls This has probably been said a million times but…


    This has probably been said a million times but…

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    WOW, JUST WOW!

    What a game and what a way to end it. After opening up the the entrance to the kiln of the first flame and killing the black knights with ease, who at one point ripped you a new one every time, makes you reflect on how far you have come. THEN BOOM! THAT MUSIC MAN! that hit me in so many different ways I can't even begin to explain. I died relatively quickly and had to put my controller down and lie back to just take it all in. I felt on top of the world knowing how far I've come but so sad knowing that this was it and how amazing the advent out of this glorious intertwining world has been and that I don't want it to end!

    By far the best game I have ever played <3

    submitted by /u/itsyaboi975
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished the game for the first time, blind and without summon help and tracked ALL my deaths...

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    Death list

    I have been holding off on Dark Souls for a long time and could never get into it after playing a couple hours, but decided to give it another go since I liked Sekiro so much.

    The world design is by far the best part of the game to me. It is so open ended even to my detriment (I'll cover that in the notes) The fact you can see future areas is really awesome and multiple ways to reach those areas is even cooler. Shit, whole areas like Great Hollow and Ash lake are locked behind not one, but TWO illusionary walls. I would have never found these without the helpful messages.

    The combat still never felt really fun or engaging to me however. It might just be because the game is 10 years old now but it feels really stiff and clunky. PvP is by far the worst part of the game, it just seems like you get back stabbed when the person is a football field away from you, not fun.

    Notes:

    • I completely missed the depths until I just had three bosses left. I discovered it after fighting Seath. Backtracking after getting the basement key never even occurred to me, I just kept going forward until I found it naturally through the valley of drakes. I thought blight town was weird that it lead up to basically nothing and was such a huge waste of time to go to the top only for there to be a locked door... I used a +5 Claymore for most of the game, once I found out about the depths I was able to kill all bosses on first attempt (except Gwyn and bed of chaos) as I felt really strong with my new +12 claymore.

    • I NEVER learned how to kick, the tutorial on how to do it just never made sense to me. I went through the whole game without ever figuring it out. It would only mess me up when it would kick in the middle of boss fights when I did not want too.

    • I died more to falling than to every other boss in the game combined.

    • Sun bro died :(

    • Completely missed the DLC, very upset about this. But after beating the game it instantly starts you from the begining and I don't want to go through half of the game to have access to the DLC.

    DEATHS (in order of encounter) ;

    Gravity 51
    Asylum Demon 0
    Taurus Demon 1
    Bell Gargoyle 0
    Basin Hydra 5
    MoonLight Butterfly 1
    Quelaag 1
    Ceasless Discharge 10
    Ash Hydra 10
    Iron Golem 1
    Sif 2
    Pinwheel 0
    O & S 23
    Four Kings 1
    Seath 1
    Capra Demon 0
    Gaping Dragon 0
    Nito 0
    Demon Fire Sage 0
    Centipede Demon 0
    Bed of Chaos 9
    Gwyn 1
    Non-boss or Falling deaths 124
    Total Deaths 241

    Well that is about it, I'm excited to do this again with DS2 to see how I do. Thanks for reading!

    EDIT: I am going to do the DLC thanks you all of you recommending it. Will probably update this once I have completed it. This community really has been awesome so far.

    submitted by /u/PapaOogie
    [link] [comments]

    I've killed Ornstein and Smough (and then super ornstein), I have 3 areas to go to now, where should I go?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    That demon area after you kill queelag

    The catacombs

    And that area next to Anor Londo that has 2 metal boars

    Btw I killed Ornstein and Smough (and then super ornstein) on my fist try

    submitted by /u/SirRoderic
    [link] [comments]

    I JUST BEAT DARK SOULS

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    It took me just over a month to beat it but i finally did I'm so excited PRAISE THE SUN

    submitted by /u/Derppugman
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I being randomly gifted with Estus every now and then?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 05:34 PM PDT

    My guess is that it happens when people rate my messages. I don't think I ever noticed it until after I put one down.

    submitted by /u/AgentP-501_212
    [link] [comments]

    JUST COMPLETED THE GAUNTLET

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    I had zero experience with any Dark Souls games but was tempted to give them a try after watching a Squilla video on YT. I ended up beating all three games in 29 days with no summons and DLC included. The only bosses I didn't beat were Darklurker and Midir. Fucking proud of myself and these are now my favorite games of all time. CHEERS

    submitted by /u/MrDosky
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dark Souls 2 Worth Playing?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:18 AM PDT

    I keep hearing that it's kinda a bad game. Is this true? Is it worth playing?

    submitted by /u/Dochan630
    [link] [comments]

    I recreated knight artorias is warframe! Feel free to remove this if it breaks the rules

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 09:30 PM PDT

    What shenanigans did you get into on your first run?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    So, I bet pretty much everyone does something a little weird on their first run-through of Dark Souls: when you aren't quite sure what you're doing, you can end up getting stuck on the silliest things or finding really weird solutions to the problems the game throws at you.

    For me, one of the more memorable incidents was the first time I went to the Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith. Walked through the first area, through the fog, got to the big ol' ledge with the big ol' lava-crab-thing, and . . . nothing. No boss music, no fight, nothing.

    Ah, this must be like Priscilla in the Painted World, I thought, and started hunting around for a dialog prompt or some other way around. There wasn't one, and, because I really didn't want to aggro a potential non-hostile NPC, I spent an awkwardly long time wondering whether something had glitched before finally looking up what this guy's deal was. Turned out he's a mandatory* boss, and I'd either have to attack first, or swipe the item in the room to progress. Whoops.

    So, what nonsense did you get up to your first time in Lordran?

    *Barring speedrun skips, of course.

    submitted by /u/gliesedragon
    [link] [comments]

    Enemy I Don't Recall Seeing

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 07:34 PM PDT

    I'm currently playing a combination of the enemy, item, and fog gate randomizer, so I expect things to be different. However, I've run into a strange thing I've never seen before, and it's not in a location any enemy normally spawns. It's not replacing the hollow at the end of this hallway, as that was replaced with a rat. I've checked the wiki, and saw nothing. When I hit it, it disappears into the wall, I see it's health bar deplete, but no death sound plays, and I gain no souls. From what I've read, none of those mods are supposed to add any new content. Is this some kind of cut content I've not heard of that the randomizer accidentally placed in?

    submitted by /u/Immortal746
    [link] [comments]

    What dark souls game should I get?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 01:26 PM PDT

    Right now steam is doing a massive sale and all of the games are 75% off. Which one should I get as a first time souls player

    submitted by /u/Honeydew-Capital
    [link] [comments]

    I finished the game

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 05:34 PM PDT

    I don't know what to say. I think I should be excited but something about that end cutscene, the music and the credits, the game's beginning looping back, sans the opening cutscene. I was almost brought to tears, I can't quite say why. Thanks to everyone here for all of the help and support that you offered me two years ago, when I first began and later dropped the game, and throughout the last couple of days. This has to be the best game I've ever played, it's not even close, despite the spotty second half and some annoying bosses (I'm talking about you, Nito and your spammy skeleton cohort...). I'm planning on starting Bloodborne soon but I can't imagine it can manage to be as good. If it's even a tenth as amazing, though, I'm really really excited!

    submitted by /u/bearcanyons
    [link] [comments]

    Am I imagining it or was 4 kings actually 5?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 09:10 AM PDT

    Seriously doubting myself here, can anyone confirm that i am indeed able to count to 5 lol

    submitted by /u/Thescottishguy87
    [link] [comments]

    Dex/Int build weapon

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 09:20 PM PDT

    Trying to decide between magic/enchanted falchion or scythe. Just got the scythe and really like the moveset but not sure how it scales. Is there a huge difference?

    submitted by /u/Rocky2416
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you anonymous hero !

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 02:22 AM PDT

    I think i can define me as a passionate of this game but I'm always a bit stressed when come to fight O&S, even with a lot of walktrought. And today something magical happends :p

    I summons a player to help me (first try of this run) and a overboosted player (can't remember the name) come in Havel full set, drop me 5 souls of Gwyn, roll over the ennemy and kill O&S in like 20s...

    Clearly he didn't need any help, and was just here to help some player who struggle (like me) and it was just so nice of him...

    So if you see this, thanks a lot my Knight Super Hero :)

    submitted by /u/Yossunai
    [link] [comments]

    What's the fastest someone can reasonably get to lvl 125 without any big glitches? Just for curiosity sake

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    Was just wondering how long it takes people

    submitted by /u/def_not_projared
    [link] [comments]

    Are people still invading at lvl 80?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    Im walking around as a host and just chill at the forest and anor londo etc but i get invaded like maximum ONCE a day. Is the pvp scene dead or did it move to somewhere else?

    submitted by /u/BEVLouise
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyn, Lord of Cinder symphonic rearrangement

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    Hey guys!

    I always thought Gwyn's theme could use a few more instruments, so I made my own arrangement, and after overindulging in the symphonic bits I decided to split the track into several parts, each representing another part of Gwyn's life. Note that I understand that the track is supposed to sound empty and sad and it fits the game, I just though that it would be nice to have a more epic version of the theme.

    Hope you enjoy!

    Link to the song

    submitted by /u/personanongrata96
    [link] [comments]

    can someone join and help me kill Ornstein and Smough tomorrow when you’re free, playing on ps4 (remastered)

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 08:48 PM PDT

    Dark Souls discounted on Steam. Popular series from FromSoftware on big promotion

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 09:06 AM PDT

    Is the Gravelord Sword a good weapon?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:19 AM PDT

    I'm curious if it's worth investing the demon titanite on?

    submitted by /u/AgentP-501_212
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat O and S first attempt (no summons)

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 05:08 PM PDT

    This is my second playthrough, on my first I summoned a friend to help and it was incredibly easy. On this playthrough was my first dex build (I've beaten Ds1, Ds2 , Ds3 and Bloodborne with strength builds ever since) and didn't know what to expect from this boss with a dex build.

    I went in to the fight to test the waters (was planning on summoning Solair for my "actual attempt") and just powered through by dodging Ornsteins attacks and blowing hits to Smough with my Uchigatana). Through this first phase I drained all my estus but 1, in the second phase I managed to kill super Ornstein with 0 hits.

    I am simply perplexed by this since I was gearing up for the hugely intense and difficult fight that its widely known for being one of the penultimate "git gud" fights in the entire series. Has anyone else experienced beating this boss solo on first attempt with a dex build? I figured since its one of the slowest game in the series that using a dex build was to my advantage. Is this true or have I just since gotten gud since my first playthrough?

    submitted by /u/blutundehre14
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please help with artorias

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 07:32 PM PDT

    I need some help with artorias hes givin me a whooping, im on xbox and I'm lvl 79

    submitted by /u/BagOnDem
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment