• Breaking News

    Monday, June 28, 2021

    Dark Souls Is Dark Souls worth it if I can only play offline?

    Dark Souls Is Dark Souls worth it if I can only play offline?


    Is Dark Souls worth it if I can only play offline?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 04:42 PM PDT

    So I've heard amazing things about Dark Souls, and would love to play it, but I understand it's intended to be played online. Unfortunately I do not have consistent internet access, and I can only play offline. Can Dark Souls be played offline, and will I get the full experience that way?

    submitted by /u/TheKingsPetFrog
    [link] [comments]

    I was today years old when I realized the depths and upper blight town were completely optional.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 09:35 PM PDT

    I'd always known you could skip by getting the master key, but it just dawned on me that you don't need the master key to get to the other side of the gate that the key opens in the beginning of new londo, you can just go around. Doesn't even take that long.

    Edit: also add lower burg to the title, no need to go there either.

    submitted by /u/KPalm_The_Wise
    [link] [comments]

    Centipede Demon would have been a more interesting fight if you already had the ability to walk on lava.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    I think the Demon Firesage should have dropped the lava-walker ring. With it, you could have had a more unique boss with the Centipede Demon where you keep an eye on your health draining as you fight it in the middle of the arena. It's disappointing that this boss amounts to another awkward fight where you dance around to reach its legs as it reaches your little land space.

    submitted by /u/AgentP-501_212
    [link] [comments]

    I actually screamed in Firelink Shrine. [First Playthrough]

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 04:06 PM PDT

    I went back to firelink to have the weird bird fly me back to the Undead Asylum to trade with Snuggly. I tried a horrible area called The Grand Hollow or something with a bunch of falling and got cursed by a goddamn basilisk. I looked it up and either had to find someone to help me in a place I haven't heard of yet, make it back to the creepy lady in the sewer or trade something I never use to Snuggly to get it removed. I thought maybe the S& M guy below the gargoyles might be able to do it but that's so far away.

    Anyway, while walking through and heading to firelink I glance in the area with the big pool and there is a HUGE THING staring back at me. I actually screamed. Okay wasn't expecting that. The huge thing seems harmless and is actually kinda cute. It basically looks like the neck and head part of the Loch Ness Monster but with Disney eyes. Wtf?!! One of my biggest shocks in any of these games. Did ringing the second bell do that?!! And please tell me something that cute isn't actually an enemy. I've killed lots of things I felt were probably innocent but nothing so cute. The bearbugs in Demons Souls don't count.

    submitted by /u/shakycam3
    [link] [comments]

    Ode to Zweihander

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 11:33 PM PDT

    Zweihander, you were with me from the beginning on my dark, lonely, and arduous journey.

    When I was struggling with Sen's Fortress and the snake warriors that were the stuff of nightmares, I upgraded you, unsheathed you in the face of seemingly insurmountable enemies, and all of a sudden I was making snake pancakes.

    When I faced Ornstein and Smough, outnumbered and outclassed, I realized I wasn't fighting alone because I had you with me and they both eventually fell.

    So too did Kalameet, Manus, and even Artorius. And eventually Gwyn. All the while I was waiting for a better weapon when the whole time I already had you, the best greatsword of them all, right there with me.

    Thank you for all the times you saved me from certain death and carried me through yet another seemingly impossible fight. I fucking love you!

    See you in NG+ old friend…

    submitted by /u/jwchi652
    [link] [comments]

    Coming into Dark Souls II SotFS immediately after Dark Souls Remastered. The things I’ve noticed and if they’re welcoming or not.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 11:53 PM PDT

    I went with the Classic Knight build after being roasted by some elderly women in crimson robes.

    The performance of the game is silky smooth compared to DSR. I love that. There are some cool guides on YT that help remap the KB&M similar to DS1&3 because it's a nightmare on default.

    The game feels like it plays at a faster pace compared to DS1 which I don't mind. I'm making my way through the forest of Giants or something right now and I feel rammed. I managed to pick up an Estus Shard leaving me with 2 estus to take down an entire hollow kingdom.

    Life Gems are a pretty cool idea that gives aid after tight combat. I found a fire long sword I have at +3 right now that guts. Im enjoying my time with the game.

    submitted by /u/LightningKup0
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you r/darksouls !!!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 10:41 PM PDT

    Exactly 9 months ago I started playing DS Remastered (for many reasons I couldn't play the Game for some months) for the first time ever with the thief class, I posted on this subreddit asking for advice as I was reading literally everywhere that the class was shit, difficult, the wiki itself said no build was suitable as It was a terrible class for starting, etc. I was having a really hard time with the gargoyles at the time and everything combined was making me really negative and pesimistic about my choices, so I asked here if I should re-start the game with another class even thought thief was the class that I loved and wanted and everyone in here told me to not to give up, I received many advices and good wishes as well as cheering words, and I can finally (and proudly) say that I BEAT DARK SOULS with my precious thief boy, so I just wanted to share how grateful I am that I posted here and that so many wonderful people believed in a stranger more than herself did at that time, so thank you r/darksouls ❤️ (I know Reddit hates emojis but I thought you guys deserved It!)

    PS.: Sorry if anything is written wrong, english is not my mother tongue

    submitted by /u/LinweIIin
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite moments?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 01:12 AM PDT

    I love starting a new Ng. That battle to the Lord Vessel is just fantastic. Whether it's speed running or just playing through normal I never get tired of it. I even love the 2nd half and dlc. Sen's Fortress is literally one of my top 3 favorite levels in all Souls games. I'll never forget battling Artorias until I wanted to throw my controller through my tv haha. But I loved it though. What are some of your favorite moments?

    submitted by /u/Farmonkal
    [link] [comments]

    Poise Dsr

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 11:58 AM PDT

    I have 126 poise. Wolf ring and full golem set. I need more. MORE.

    submitted by /u/spragual
    [link] [comments]

    CONSUMABLE ONLY BUILD (Inspired by Ymfah)

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 11:03 PM PDT

    Firebombs and throwing knives only, perhaps the dragon head stone too. Maybe dung pies/Poison Throwing knives if the boss isn't immune

    Yes I'm really doing this. I don't know if it's been done before, probably has. Ymfah has done this in DSIII and his video is very entertaining so I thought I'd give it a shot in good ol' DS1.

    No idea what to level up, probably just Health and Stamina.

    Some bosses are immune to fire, so throwing knives only for them.

    Rings I guess will be Flip ring and FaP ring. I'm not sure if the hawk ring increases range for consumables and the red tearstone ring doesn't affect consumables.

    submitted by /u/-Kirida-
    [link] [comments]

    Gimme a unique Challenge run please!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 07:07 PM PDT

    I've got the general ones:

    No armour Shield Only Always hollow No heal No Bonfire No levelling Speedrun

    And I've also done most other common builds, like Quality, Dex, Strength, Boxer, Whip, etc.

    Thinking of trying a no roll run.

    What other challenge runs can I do? Thank you

    (I'm not doing a fist only run, that's WAY too long)

    submitted by /u/-Kirida-
    [link] [comments]

    Beat the game!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 02:26 PM PDT

    Yay! Im going to list all of my deaths to each boss, partially for myself and to share it as well. I played ds3 first. All of the first half I did blind (I did need to search up the sen's fortress bonfire), as well as the dlc (except finding it as well ashow to find gough/kalameet). I summoned for Iron Golem for the lols and Centipede Demon because I was tired of his shit.

    Asylum Demon- 1st try

    Taurus Demon- 2nd try

    Bell Gargoyles -15 tries (thank you +2 broadsword)

    Moonlight Butterfly: 2nd try (most boring boss)

    Capra Demon- 4 tries (surprising)

    Gaping Dragon- 2nd try (died as soon as I entered to the charge on the 1st)

    Quelaag- 4 tries

    Iron Golem- 3 tries (Tarkus rocks)

    Ornstein and Smough- 23 tries (hardest boss)

    Sif- 3 tries (sorry Sif)

    Pinwheel- 1st try (easiest boss)

    Note: I ditched Tomb of the Giants since I had no light source, so I got the sunlight maggot

    Ceaseless Discharge- 4 tries (horrible hitboxes, had to look up cheese)

    Demon Firesage- 6 tries (damn his aoe)

    Centipede Demon - 2nd try (praise Solaire!)

    Bed of Chaos- 9 tries

    Nito- 5 tries (3/5 times I died as soon as I entered; pushover boss)

    Seath- 2 tries (another very easy boss, heard nightmares about his tail though)

    Four Kings- 1st try (I was that dude who posted about it)

    Sanctuary Guardian- 11 tries (hated this boss)

    Artorias- 16 tries (great boss)

    Manus- 19 tries (best boss in the game)

    Kalameet- 12 tries (great boss but not as good as the last two)

    Gwyn- 6 tries (parry)

    And at last the greatest enemy:

    Oolacile township 'death room' I named it (leads to the crest key and has like 8 melee dudes and 2 casters, leads to another melee/caster gank before the elevator to the chasm): atleast 20 deaths, had to havel up and bait out each enemy 1v1, they hit like trucks.

    Great game. Little better than ds3

    edit: wow, forgot the butterfly

    submitted by /u/okdude23232
    [link] [comments]

    To those getting killed by invaders in anor londo

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    Turn off your WIFI. It was the only way i could summon solaire for O&S without getting killed by some douchebag.

    Also...FUCK YEAH! I KILLED FAT FUCK AND BITCH SPEAR! I thought i liked this game before, but now...oh my

    submitted by /u/Difficult-Physics888
    [link] [comments]

    So i got some weird/dumb questions i want to ask you all

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 08:03 PM PDT

    1. Who is the Father and Mother Of Gwyn?
    2. Was Gwyn born as a god or was he born as a human?
    3. Did Gwyn Hate Humans?
    4. Could any of this be prevented if gwyn didnt start the age of fire

    Feel free to correct me on these

    submitted by /u/bonzerlizard353
    [link] [comments]

    Good PVE build for Dark Souls Remastered.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. Can anyone suggest a good simple PVE build (preferably not magical) to get through Dark Souls Remastered without much pain. I won't say I'm a newbie since I finished Dark Souls 2, but I don't want to suffer too much and think about a good build.📷

    submitted by /u/fide11
    [link] [comments]

    Animation I made to celebrate seeing a Vagrant for the first time!

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 03:44 AM PDT

    Who is really affected by the curse?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 03:41 AM PDT

    I may have not understood well in the very beginning but I always thought that the curse was made and affected only humans, but aren't black knights and Gwyn undead themself, hollow indeed? Aren't the dogs undead too? And they can't regain sanity with humanity as human do, isn't it a sort of Age of Dark itself? Rationally it leads only to it, just with more suffering, why an undead should link the flame?

    submitted by /u/Kegh_lef
    [link] [comments]

    Which bonfires did you think you'd have to kindle but didn't?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 03:41 AM PDT

    I kindled the nearest bonfire to Nito (skellie dogs) and SG's but never kindled bonfires for Artorias, Manus or Kalameet

    submitted by /u/okdude23232
    [link] [comments]

    Love this community

    Posted: 27 Jun 2021 12:54 PM PDT

    So I've been playing through the DS series and made my way back to DSR

    Thought I'd participate in the return to lothric event and just throw my sign down whenever and where ever! And wow I've had so much fun

    From helping people Navigate undead burg to the hell scape that is Blight town ( carried 4 people Down tonight) and just generally helping out with words of wisdom and strategies

    I hope you never go hollow my brothers!

    submitted by /u/Alives242
    [link] [comments]

    I'm platinuming the game, but I need your help.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 02:57 AM PDT

    Hello tarnished ones, so whilst we are all waiting for 21 January 2022 when elden ring releases, I decided to go through the stupid decision of getting all the achievements in all the souls games starting with ds1 (I don't have a PS3 or 5 so rip demon souls), now to platinum ds1 I need to get all rare weapons which requires me to go through 3 new game cycles, get the maximum upgrades for a lot of weapons with each one of the infusions, as well as discovering all covenants and talking to a lot of npcs, some of which require a specific faith/int level to interact with, so what I'm asking is for you lads to suggest a build to use for this journey, I'd rather for it to be kinda op and easy to play with cuz I want this to be done and over with as fast as possible, and also whilst my builds sl is usually the meta 120 or 99 for a specific one of them, I don't really care for this one cuz I'm not gonna be doing this online so it can be any sl you want, and I would prefer if you make the build at mugen monkey and send me the link to it instead of writing it here, thx :)

    submitted by /u/Rokuzo85
    [link] [comments]

    So I spent my whole playthrough trying to do the Solaire questline...

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 02:52 AM PDT

    I opened the shortcut to Lost Izalith and killed the bugs. I didn't know that if a bug runs so far off that it crosses the area transition to Lost Izalith, insane Solaire will instantly spawn.

    This is just a rant, as it's super annoying and nothing anyone ever mentioned until I specifically searched for this issue. 15 hours down the drain :/

    Edit: After watching back my footage, I didn't actually cross into Lost Izalith at all. Still, after I killed all the maggots he was standing there. I killed the Centipide demon, but didn't went to the bonfire after that and talked to him. Is this the problem?

    submitted by /u/Jaba01
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment