• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 30, 2021

    Dark Souls I just beat the Asylum Demon by punching it to death

    Dark Souls I just beat the Asylum Demon by punching it to death


    I just beat the Asylum Demon by punching it to death

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 09:14 PM PDT

    This is the first time I've done a Souls challenge run, doing just fist weapons and no shirt. I gave up very early and killed the first boss with a sword saying "once I get the caestus, it won't be as terrible as just fists." But that left a bad taste in my mouth, so I made a new save and did it with just fists. It only took four tries but the whole fight took 18 straight minutes. Anyway, no one I know plays Souls games so I wanted to share this small accomplishment with someone.

    submitted by /u/NanosThanatology
    [link] [comments]

    Kind of wish I had went into dark souls blind. Ironically I never would have played it if I hadn't watched my favorite YouTube do so poorly at it that I said "I can do better than that."

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 07:20 PM PDT

    Anyone else feel the same?

    submitted by /u/KingEdwardlll
    [link] [comments]

    How are you supposed to fight in this game?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 10:28 PM PDT

    I'm coming from DS3, where you can dodge through attacks, r1 spam and dodge, etc. In this game, it seems like I have to simply shield up and circle around enemies while tanking all their hits. I can't dodge (I'm fast rolling) without losing half HP from basic mob enemies that hit me mid roll. So of course, in the darkroot basin, I tried this genius circling method and fell off while fighting a knight. Any help is appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/gymmath1234
    [link] [comments]

    I have a theory "Who is Gwyn's wife"

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 12:13 AM PDT

    I have an idea who might be Gwin's wife. In DS1, near the "Altar of Sunlight" bonfire, there is a statue of a woman with a child. The child is holding a sword, and the altar of the Nameless King is nearby, so I think this child is the Nameless King. And he holds the sword because he is the god of war. And the woman is his mother and Gwyn's wife.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgjMMoqWkAE2P-3?format=jpg&name=large

    In addition, in the Catacombs, after defeating the Giant Skeleton falling from the ceiling, where we found the Darkmoon Seance Ring https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Darkmoon+Seance+Ring (a ring associated with Gwyndolin), I found another statue of a woman with a child.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjzXt3TX0AA8OVo?format=jpg&name=large

    Considering that in the grave we picked up a ring associated with Gwyndolin, this is mother Gwyndolin and little Gwyndolin.

    I could be wrong, so take this as an alternate point of view.

    submitted by /u/Draxoneli
    [link] [comments]

    When you think about it, Gwyndolin is really, REALLY freaking powerful in the lore (sorry for the long post).

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    TL;DR: Local snek boi was really fucking powerful, then a random dude with infinite stamina and a STAND came and ruined absolutely EVERYTHING.

    I mean, if you really look into his feats, he's kinda insane. Not Gwyn or Nameless's level, but still quite top-tier.

    - His bread and butter is obviously his proficiency in illusion. He created an illusion the size of the entire city of Anor Londo, created an army of silver knight illusions that can and will kill you, giant sentinels that can similarly damage you AND use powerful miracles such as Great Heal or Wrath of the Gods. His boss room is technically an infinite hallway that he can trap you in and pelt you to death with his sorceries.

    - Speaking of sorceries, as Gwyndolin is born with an affinity for the moon, his sorceries are no joes. All of his spells are basically upgrades of other high-tier spells in the game, such as Homing Soulmass, which has a significant increase in the number of soulmasses and damages, and Soul Spear, which kinda becomes a gigantic Soul Ray/Beam when he used it. In DS3, when Aldrich consumed him, he was able to use another spell of Gwyndolin, which is the infamous arrow rain that deals ridiculous damage and has ridiculous tracking. Judging by how Aldrich can spam all the spells really frequently, I like to think that a healthy Gwyndolin could spam them pretty much infinitely, on top of his illusions. Of course, there's still the fact that he's a bit squishy, so a powerful fighter can easily take him down. That is, if they can even reach him, of course.

    - In terms of political power, he's the son of Gwyn, and you all know who he is. In DS3, Gwyndolin is basically the ruler of Anor Londo and the king of all Gods (barely any of them is alive, tho, but that's still something). In this position, he has the entire army of Irythil plus Anor Londo at his disposal. Said army can also grow in size, mind you, thanks to Gwyndolin's aforementioned proficiency in illusionism.

    - Last, but not least, Gwyndolin also has a powerful covenant in his control - The Blades of the Dark Moon, the equivalent of Lordran's secret police consisting of powerful knights and assassins. He can easily send these guys to hunt down any threats to the legacy of his father. Their entire goal is to hunt down anyone that dares to go against the wills of the Gods, and their elites can use Darkmoon Blade, arguably one of the most powerful weapon buff in the game.

    I would like to think that by the time of DS3, Gwyndolin, before the arrival and interference of Sulyvahn, is one of the most powerful entities in the world, both in terms of personal aabilities and political power. Had Gwyn realised his potentials sooner, he would've had another powerful offspring under his control. Had he discovered Sully's scheme sooner, he could easily dispatch Aldrich and his church, as well as having more time to train Yorshka, the theoretical descendant of Priscilla - master of the art of Lifehunt that scared even the Gods, thus expanding his arsenal and power even more. Who knows, maybe he can even learn Lifehunt Scythe from her as well! But well, Gwyn gotta Gwyn, and Sully gotta Sully!

    P/s: if you've seen this in the comment section of a certain video concerning arrows and death, then yes, I am that guy.

    submitted by /u/Drakulion
    [link] [comments]

    Large Titanite Shard Farming: What is the fastest method?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    So, I'm currently farming Large Titanite Shards to upgrade some of my gear. I know of two fast and reliable methods. The slime farming at The Depths bonfire and the slug farming at Blighttown. Between these two, which one is mathemically proven to be faster than the other? Or do they have the same results? Assuming I can make farming cycles without stopping, one shot the mobs, etc.

    submitted by /u/lucasnbluff
    [link] [comments]

    Should I skip Dark Souls II ?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 01:05 AM PDT

    I've completed DS1 and I went through the lore as far as I could and I know that DS2 isn't related to DS1 much so should I skip to DS3 ? (Simply saying playing DS2 after finishing DS3)

    submitted by /u/Glocktophobia
    [link] [comments]

    I was today years old when i found out Siegward could actually die in the yhorm bossfight

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 03:28 AM PDT

    I didn't know that

    submitted by /u/_T_Bone______
    [link] [comments]

    Story of the Souls series alone worth playing for?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 07:21 AM PDT

    I know combat is the games' main selling point, but as someone who likes to immerse himself in a game's atmosphere and lore, the Dark Souls series just have a very captivating setting that entices me to give them a try. So is the story alone worth purchasing the game for?

    Edit: Sorry I wasn't able to check back into this thread until now, but WOW, this really blew up. Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and opinion. I already bought all 3 games and downloading the first game as I type this. Once again, Thank you 😀

    submitted by /u/disymebre
    [link] [comments]

    Those archers

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 11:08 PM PDT

    I had what I can only describe as a spiritual experience in Anor Londo. This is my first play through of the game and let me tell you, those great arrow archers will go down in my personal video game history as some of the worst a-holes I have ever dealt with EVER. You see, I don't think I have much of a fear of heights in real life, just in video games. I think the fear really started to hit me while playing "Alice: Madness Returns". Lots and lots of falling from dizzying heights in that area.

    I absolutely despise any kind of falling puzzles. The worst that comes to mind at the moment is the Healing Church Workshop in Bloodborne. And I still cringe at the thought of being knocked off ledges in Upper Latria in Demon's Souls. These great arrow mofos in Anor Londo may take the cake.

    I didn't die 30 times or anything. I think it maybe took me 8 times. I finally got so full of rage I ran up there rolled a few times and whacked the one on the right like a maniac. It's a blur but I think I was yelling DIE DIE DIE DIE! at the top of my lungs. When he died and I dropped down and found the bonfire it was the rush that I get playing these games times ten. You see, today is my birthday. Actually, I looked at the clock and it was exactly 12:10AM when I beat that section. I've been a little depressed about it, but it gave me a much-needed boost. I hope I meet all the challenges I have this year with the vigor and determination I had attacking those fucking archers trying to shoot me off a narrow fucking ledge.

    Umbasa and Praise the Sun.

    submitted by /u/shakycam3
    [link] [comments]

    Demon Souls-Wait for PS5 Restock or buy PS3

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 03:23 AM PDT

    For the ever living life I can't get my hands on a PS5 and always miss restocks and I'm getting impatient.I plan on getting a PS5 whenever available anyway,even without demon souls.However,I also love previous gen consoles.(for reference I own a 3ds,switch,Wii,nes,PS2,ps4,and pc,but have a dream of a huge game room) The dark souls trilogy is one of my favorites and I want to play the last one I'm missing.Should I keep waiting for a PS5 or just buy a PS3 since there's so many games I'd play/replay on there anyway? I'd love for you guys to elaborate on the differences.My main concerns are-story still the same in remaster fashion or completely different?ive heard the original is bugged and glitched terribly and I never really had issues with any other souls borne-is this true?i assume very well servers are offline for PS3 so no jolly co op.and overall just biggest peeves or differences you've noticed from original to remaster

    submitted by /u/whambalam97
    [link] [comments]

    Trying a sorcerer build and it feels weak

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 05:34 AM PDT

    By weak I don't mean that the spells don't do good damage because they do but my problem is that for some reason the arrow spells seem to miss more often than not and then the enemies just get up close and pawn me like they are giant dad in 2 hits so how is this easy mode it feels 100 times harder than any melee build i have used

    submitted by /u/Dio_-_-_Brando
    [link] [comments]

    Fire Keeper

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 05:20 AM PDT

    Hi! So this is my first playthrough in DS 1 and the fire keeper in firelink shrine got killed. I beat Lautrec in Anor Londo but used the soul to upgrade Estus cause I thought just killing him was enough. Is she forever gone?

    submitted by /u/Alhzrd
    [link] [comments]

    Weird post, but uncertain about armour.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 11:25 PM PDT

    I feel like I've been "doing something wrong". I just beat the Londo Bros, using a +1 Gargoyle helm, +2 Robes and Waistcloth of the Sealer, and +2 Balder Gauntlets. This keeps me below 25%, so I can still fast roll, and is somehow the best armour I can equip other than Havel's. However, it's such a strange matchup, and I usually don't see people mismatch like this. I feel like I'm "missing something"

    submitted by /u/Heshino
    [link] [comments]

    Just got The Dark Soul Achievement

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 08:21 PM PDT

    FUCK. WHITE SLAB. FARMING. Those pinwheel guys don't seem to ever drop it, luckily I missed the one by Manus. Also needed to start a new game cause I accidentally killed the miracle selling girl. Didn't even know about her until NG+4. I got 6 dark hands before I got a titanite slab from the darkwraiths

    submitted by /u/MaleficTekX
    [link] [comments]

    Which one?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 09:55 PM PDT

    I was thinking about buying one of the dark souls games, and was wondering which one I should get first? Ik it sounds dumb, but I'm not as story focused and really like the gameplay instead. Idc if I don't know wth is going on, and more about playing the game.

    submitted by /u/yungasiann
    [link] [comments]

    What do you lose in new game plus?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 02:43 AM PDT

    Do you lose things like spears of the church you get from killing midir?

    submitted by /u/igeereddit
    [link] [comments]

    A surefire way to get past the Anor Londo archers every time

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 10:36 PM PDT

    So, after more deaths to these guys that Ornstein and Smough & that damned witch combined, I figured I should share that have a fool-proof way of getting by them if anyone has been given as much hell by these two as I have (at least, I haven't died to them once in 4 playthroughs now)

    Basically, if you have the fog ring, just pop it on and stand still behind the pillar/tower thing halfway up the walkway going up to the castle and they will lose aggro on you/quit shooting. If you have a dragonslayer bow, just turn the corner of the pillar/tower & pop the visible knight and walk back behind the pillar after each shot to lose aggro. Repeat until the knight falls off the edge to his death. Dealing with the 1 knight or just running past him at that point is cake.

    If you don't have a dragonslayer bow, unfortunately, you'll have to pop the knight with poison arrows (and you can of course opt to keep popping him with regular arrows after he's poisoned to hasten his death) doing the same thing. It takes longer, but it's SO worth not dying endlessly to those two. It such an annoying run going to them over and over. Anyway, hope that helps some of y'all!

    submitted by /u/TheMightyChode
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat dark souls ng+

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 09:17 PM PDT

    The new game plus only took me 1 or 2 weeks which ending should i pick dark lord or sacrifice myself to link the flame

    submitted by /u/Derppugman
    [link] [comments]

    Best build for very new player?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 05:58 PM PDT

    I know this topic has been discussed time and time again, but I am playing dark souls for the first time ever (and I've never played a game like it before) and I think I've built a bad character. I've made it to the moonlight butterfly (not been able to defeat it yet) with most of my points in strength and some in dexterity. I have managed to kill the hydra and the armored guy with the dragon tooth club. I don't know the lingo, but I think I want a new character that is better all around. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/pvt_church1
    [link] [comments]

    i love watching guides after my first plathrough

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 04:21 PM PDT

    there's something really fun and satisfying about watching guides and all that after having completed my first playthrough a few weeks ago, seeing everything I missed n all that

    submitted by /u/barnersfr0gg0
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 anor londo

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 01:28 AM PDT

    This'll be a fucking ride

    submitted by /u/boombago
    [link] [comments]

    How to beat dark lord poop

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    I am on the ladder trying to get to gargoyle boss and "Invaded by dark lord poop" this enemy is invading me three times and super hard to beat. He uses dark magic spell things. please help, is there any way to mitigate the difficulty?

    submitted by /u/AidsCraigz
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Ornstein/Smough

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 05:02 AM PDT

    First playthrough of Ds1, gotten all the way to Anor Londo without any summons, but now I'm stuck at O/S. Wondering if anyone would be willing to help? I live in North Carolina and my SL is 73 or so if that helps. I don't use reddit much so if you could send me a friend request on Xbox to communicate a good time from there that would be great. (gamertag: greasedog9731) Any and all help with this would be amazing and greatly appreciated, just want to get out of Anor Londo.

    submitted by /u/deaniedean
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment