• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 30, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 First time fighting ancient dragon what’s the best fire resistance armour rings etc any tips would be much appreciated first time playing dark souls 2 my favourite in the series so far

    Dark Souls 2 First time fighting ancient dragon what’s the best fire resistance armour rings etc any tips would be much appreciated first time playing dark souls 2 my favourite in the series so far


    First time fighting ancient dragon what’s the best fire resistance armour rings etc any tips would be much appreciated first time playing dark souls 2 my favourite in the series so far

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    Playing through with a couple friends, it's good to be back. Played over 1000 hours on Xbox 360 and am on PC now. Here is a quick sketch of our characters so far.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 06:03 AM PDT

    How come Elite Giants aren't bosses?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    So apparently Heide knights get very angry when you kill Dragonrider

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 01:26 PM PDT

    The battle with Sinh was worth the pain of Elana and the trio

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    I really enjoyed this DLC, both gameplay wise and astheic wise. It just looked amazing, played amazing and overall was a great experience.

    The bosses on the other hand, I'd say both Elana and the trio were designed away from my interests. I like those grand scale brawls where I focus on one powerful enemy and duke it out. Those fights were more about kiting and running away, while trading hits between summons.

    When I entered the boss room, totally blind, I wasn't sure what type of weird gimmick to expect. And then holy shit, when he woke up and shot that arc of fire, I immediately felt my heart rate rise. It was such a great feeling, I already KNEW that I was going to get dunked. And yeah, he dunked me over and over while I was learning how to dodge his big AOE attacks, navigate his toxic fog and predict his melee hits. And thank God the bonfire was right outside his room, I just kept going in and testing how Fromsoft wanted me to play the fight until I figured it all out.

    Eventually I won, not even realizing I was still in covenant of champions from when I was lifegem farming. But that fight was perfect. It went from getting assblasted immediately to making some mistakes to winning without getting hit. That's what grand scale bosses are all about and why I LOVE that formula.

    Thank you Fromsoft, I'll never forget that battle.

    submitted by /u/No_Blacksmith_1609
    [link] [comments]

    If you know, you know

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 11:05 PM PDT

    Finally platinumed all the Soulsborne games. Sharing my experience

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 01:06 PM PDT

    Praise the sun my fellow hollows, undead, unkindled and ashen ones!

    I already played DS1, DS2 and DS3 several times on PC, but with my newly accuired PS5 I first started playing Demon's Souls and Bloodborne and decided to use the Covid-Lockdown to get platinum of every single one of those lovely games afterwards. Now I'm here to share my happiness and a few facts that could be of interest for anyone who wants to do the same.

    Please execuse any language errors since english isn't my native language.

    First of, I will just list a few points regarding the platinum trophies. I won't judge the games or their difficulties apart from that. In addition to that, keep in mind that I have played DS1, DS2 and DS3 at least two or three times before getting the platinum now on Playstation. That made several bosses and areas a lot easier. Besides that, I used the trophy guides from playstationtrophies.org and planned everything out from the beginning:

    • - Quests I need to follow
    • - Excelsheets to track spells/rings/weapons
    • - Planning out NG+ and NG++

    Let's start with the time I needed for every platinum (keep in mind: I really did everything to do them as fast as possible. I almost did every boss myself, but I summoned sunbros here and there to get some sunlight medals on the way)

    Ingame time to platinum:

    • Demon's Souls: 43h
    • Dark Souls 1: 38h (including DLC in ng for the fun)
    • Dark Souls 2: 52h (inculding all DLCs in ng for the fun)
    • Dark Souls 3: 50h (including all DLCs in ng for the fun)
    • Bloodbourne: 40h (including DLC in ng for the fun and to see Kos (did him second try, not that hard as I thought I have to say)

    Let's talk about the most annoying situations in those last few months:

    1. Bloodborne - Defiled Chalice Watchdog:

    Seriously, the defiled chalice dungeon is the most lazy design choice I have seen in any From Soft game. It isn't challening but straight unfair. The watchdog obviously is the most extreme here. I summoned help after a dozen trys and almost destroying something. I don't feel guilty at all.

    1. Dark Souls 1 - Corrupted safe file

    I almost stopped at this point. Got to bed of chaos in ng+, executed the fire bomb mechanic perfectly, killed the boss and then: corrupted safe file. I tried everything to get it back, but it was too late. Luckily, the PS5 did an automatic cloud upload a few days ago - still was set back to ng four kings, lost about 7-10 hours. For everyone who invests into Dark Souls 1 (Remastered): Do manual cloud- or USB-backups once a day. That's what I did afterwards. Of course no corrupted safe file anymore. But better safe than sorry.

    1. Dark Souls 3 - Covenant item farming

    Thank you for maximum time wasting dear From Soft. That wasn't fun or anything, it wasn't exciting. Just straight up boring farming. At least I was able to hear some podcasts (guess I had to farm for about 10 hours to get all 140 covenant items required for the platinum).

    Coming up next is my personal difficulty rating for each platinum trophy with a few points explaining the position. Keep in mind again, I played DS1-DS3 before and I planned everything out for every game in advance, took me 1-3 hours each)

    1. Dark Souls 1 - General game difficulty; cutting tails of every boss; finding people still playing to get the sunlight medals
    2. Dark Souls 3 - General game difficulty; getting all those covenant items (not getting crazy while farming for hours)
    3. Demon's Souls - Managing world and character tendencies
    4. Dark Souls 2 - Nothing hard at all, very straight forward
    5. Bloodborne - Easiest in terms of trophies, only chalice dungeons took a lot of time

    In addition to that I want to list the most annoying, most time consuming or most complicated part of each platinum trophy:

    • Demon's Souls: Understanding how world and character tendencies work; getting all the rings (friends and foes ring in particular)
    • Dark Souls 1: Getting all the weapons (and cutting of tails from every boss)
    • Dark Souls 2: Getting all the spells / miracles / pyros. Doable with a good excel sheet.
    • Dark Souls 3: Getting all the covenant items (hello proof of concords kept, vertebra shackles, sunlight medals)
    • Bloodborne: Chalice dungeons, Defiled chalice dungeon in particular

    To close it up, if anyone is still interested, those are my favorite games of the collection:

    1. Dark Souls 1 - It just feels the most "dark souls", no other of the games gives me the same feeling of entering the dark souls world and forgetting everything else around me
    2. Dark Souls 3 (close second) - Most fun combat mechanics, best spells and pyros, best bosses and still many players for pvp. I'd love for Elden Ring to be as close as possible to DS3.

    And that's it. If you have any question, go ahead :)

    Edit: Formating

    submitted by /u/KaneZZZ
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite Boss from these choices

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    Comment your reasoning below

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/IH8IudexGundur
    [link] [comments]

    I have just finished Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin and I chose to walk away from the Throne, all the bosses have been beaten except The Ancient Dragon as I didn't think it was necessary. My favourite DLC was Crown of the Old Iron King

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    Am I progressing wrong?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 12:13 PM PDT

    All of the bosses feel like giant hp walls, and they all 1 or 2 shot me. I just beat old dragonslayer because ruin sentinels were too much of a wall for me, and he dropped 22k souls, which I feel like is a little much. Does anyone know if I'm skipping something? I'm SL 43 now.

    submitted by /u/GeorgianCanis
    [link] [comments]

    Im starting to hate the Brume Tower elevators

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 09:09 AM PDT

    They take too long, and theres also a little passage where i always try to get there but i fall

    submitted by /u/The_R3venant
    [link] [comments]

    After years I’m back to DS2 to finally beat it

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 10:34 AM PDT

    I've beaten ds1 and ds3. Now for ds2. If I'm thinking of going dex what are good level caps (especially for adp or agility or whatever it's called). What are some good weapon choices? And what's up with infusions? Any tips/help much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Slurple001
    [link] [comments]

    Just reached vendrick where do i go?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 10:30 AM PDT

    Hey so I completed DS1 and loved it problem is i got stuck in undead parish and beat the rest of the game while watching a detailed guide. That was a mistake. And now im trying to beat DS2 sotFS blind without a guide but i reached vendrick (after killing the dude guarding him in undead crypt) and got the king's ring. And now i have no idea where to go, I opened the door leading to shrine of want but didnt go any further because that place seems like its the end of the game. So where do i go? I have all the dlc keys but I've been trying to avoid them because thats what i did in DS1. I havent unlocked the door in shaded woods that leads to alidia's keep I believe. So where do i go? And can i do the dlc after the final boss? Or will i just be sent to NG+ Like DS1?

    submitted by /u/Present_Lavishness_9
    [link] [comments]

    Where are the four fire scones at Foregarden??

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 02:01 PM PDT

    To bring the dragon to life.

    submitted by /u/tHUG_sWiZzLE801
    [link] [comments]

    What is this location?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 06:40 PM PDT

    Pate and Creighton Questline Explained- Lore video

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    Hey all, I figured I wanted to make some casual lore videos. I don't try nearly as hard as some people but I think the actual content of what's said here is valuable. It's also a complete treat to talk Dark Souls 2 (my favorite lore of the series) and try to give a real theory/interpretation to the questline. If this theory has existed in this or other subreddits before, I don't know about it. Feel free to mention it though, I'd love for content like this to be brought back up and credited.

    https://youtu.be/CMMRZbCNeZk

    submitted by /u/Darkstalkerbro
    [link] [comments]

    Chilling with the homie

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 04:50 AM PDT

    PvE Build Advice

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    Hello, im considering switching from rapiers to katanas and im looking for suggestion on which katana and setup (Buffs, Infusions and Dual Wielding) i should use to get the most damage out of them. Stats are: 50 Dex, 50 Str, 54 Int, 54 Fth.

    submitted by /u/Cexitt
    [link] [comments]

    Tower Apart Help

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    Guys I'm stuck on the 3 bosses you have to kill at The Tower Apart, I see so many videos where people summon help can someone on PC pls summon themselves there or whatever and help me I'm so stuck

    submitted by /u/TerryHesticles237
    [link] [comments]

    thoughts on adp being a stat

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    more so thoughts on linking heal speed and i frames to a stat

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/username_moose
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment