• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 2, 2021

    Dark Souls Dying doesn't matter in Dark Souls

    Dark Souls Dying doesn't matter in Dark Souls


    Dying doesn't matter in Dark Souls

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 11:48 PM PDT

    When I got into Dark Souls I was worried about how punishing it would be but about halfway into my first run I realized that I can just not worry about dying at all. Dark Souls is punishing in terms of individual encounters, and in terms of NPC deaths, but death means nothing.

    It's much less punishing than even other games like Mario or even having a Pokemon faint imo. Souls are the only thing you lose on death, but even then you have a chance of getting them back. Being human is pretty much meaningless outside of NPC encounters too. If you happen to have a lot of souls on you, lucky that homeward bones are abundant and you can even buy rings of sacrifice late game. Furthermore, souls don't even matter that much. Any souls veteran will say that putting even 5 levels into vitality won't have a massive impact on your chances against hard bosses. The walkback to bosses is hardly a punishment at all (...except in some cases).

    And this is what makes Dark Souls so popular. Most deaths are a direct punishment for overextending or not being cautious enough. This tight and punishing gameplay is what makes games like Celeste and Super Meat Boy popular too. What else do they have in common? Quick and easy respawns to try to learn from your mistakes asap. This also makes players feel like they can explore and experiment. "I wonder if I let those boulders in Sen's Fortress pile up there will be that wall will break?" Questions like that are things I would never even ask if dying was something scary, but instead I experiment and have a much more fun time with the game!

    submitted by /u/jimbo_the_mighty
    [link] [comments]

    My Five Year Old Kicks Ass At Dark Souls

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 06:36 PM PDT

    And I'm super proud. She just beat the Capra Demon on her fourth try, and jumped up and down and ran around the house whooping like crazy. Entirely understandable in my opinion.

    The only time I've touched the controller was to explain to her how to do the gestures. (She loves Point Down and Well What Is It.)

    She keeps saying "Dark Souls is just easy for kids, because you just get a good weapon!" I'm not about to disabuse her of the notion.

    Anyway, this is basically a proud dad post for my halberd-wielding spawn. Just wanted to share.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/Mfa7IPg

    submitted by /u/DemosthenesKey
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 1: The best game in the series.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 10:01 AM PDT

    I bought and played Dark Souls 1 earlier this year (Around February), and it easily became my favorite game in the entire series. I was coming off of over 300 hours of DS3 so I'm not new to the Souls series. I also played with no mods except graphical ones, given how bad the remastered looks.

    The game absolutely blew me away for how good it is. I really enjoyed the world of Lordran and the freedom it granted me. I picked the master key going in since I knew it unlocked the way to Blighttown but I decided not to skip any areas my first time thru and just used it as an easy way down when the entrance to Blighttown was too hard for me. I went from the start of the game all the way to O&S in a single day. I was having a blast with the world and the amazing bosses. Iron Golem is my favorite boss in the game just because of how cool it looks (plus I adore bosses that you can see before the fight.)

    From O&S all the way to Gwyn after that I had so much fun. Even more was had on subsequent playthroughs. The part that made me completely fall in love was figuring out I could go kill Sif and the Four Kings before ANYTHING ELSE (besides the asylum of course). That level of freedom blows my mind. My only complaint with the game is I found it way too easy. It just wasn't a big challenge for me, and I beat most bosses first try. It's not really a bad thing, I like Dark Souls for the lore and world more than anything, but I was just a little underwhelmed. IDK if DS1 is really just not as hard as the other ones or if my time in DS3 made me git gud enough at Souls combat that it wasn't hard.

    If i had to rank the dark souls games only it would be
    1. DS1
    2. DS3
    3. DS2
    DS2 was okay but I got bored and never finished it. Dark Souls 3 was my start for the series but it just is not as good as the first game. With mods like Cinders I think DS3 is closer to DS1 but i dont know if its better than it or not.

    submitted by /u/QuadVox
    [link] [comments]

    Why no Dark Soul

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 08:59 PM PDT

    long time ago

    only play few game

    jon halo, mariel bro, kirbo

    simple existence

    like baby

     

    one day, very bore

    heard of this Dark Soul

    i knew of game, never play

    remaster game on ps4

    only 20 dollar

     

    i think myself

    why not play Dark Soul

    never ever play game like this

    try something new once

    so i make buy

     

    month later on

    i yearn more adventure

    a Dark Soul 2 store tells me

    scholar of the first sin

    so i make buy

     

    now im in love

    a Dark Soul THREE

    i make buy and finish game

    my eye is open now

    only want more

     

    i play many game

    my heart is so full now

    salt, sekiro, shell and many like

    also have xbox gaming

    many deal for me

     

    sad only ahead

    ps4 game has perished

    i play many new game on xbox

    but heart aches for a face

    a friend i lost

     

    money has gone

    but i itch for something

    itch for adventure i once had

    maybe play a Dark Soul

    i tell to myself

     

    for long time

    i wait for the chance

    where money is not so thin

    maybe i will be indulge

    in Dark Soul again

     

    i have many bill

    perhaps the day won't come

    Dark Soul store says price is too high

    i simply cannot be with you

    until hope come

     

    a different store

    for price of 40 dollar

    tells me all THREE Dark Soul

    can be deliver to me

    in just few days

     

    the price is not bad

    they tell me i can pay small

    nice klarna store let me make small buys

    this was the chance i wait

    so i make a buy

     

    i was so full

    life and color restore

    fast shipping for just little extra

    i take days off work

    just be ready

     

    ...

     

    days have pass now

    i wake with light in my eye

    but only end with the darkness

    for Dark Soul is not here

    only sad days by me

     

    i check post everyday

    waiting so patient for the day

    the day i can see you again, my friend

    to relive your adventurous

    and take the sadness

     

    ...

     

    the itch is only worse

    hope seems to weakening

    these days, only play jon halo

    the feel is so cold, numb

    why no Dark Soul?

     

    without Dark Soul, i am only dark soul

    submitted by /u/spelunks108
    [link] [comments]

    Has anybody ever killed a Twink on a new character?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 01:03 AM PDT

    I just started out a new character and I went through valley of drakes to snag the grass crest as well as grab some shards and items from Andre. I made a +5 weapon and headed to undead burg to grab residence key from the undead merchant when I get invaded. Obviously they sprint straight at me and start spamming dark bead, but I've played enough to know how to dodge that consistently. I ended up backstabbing them to death, naked, with no rings and it felt amazing to kill them with such weak equipment.

    Has anybody else managed to get one up on a twink?

    submitted by /u/The_Penguin_Butler
    [link] [comments]

    My idea for the Chosen Undead's Classic Mode if they were in Smash Bros.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 10:07 AM PDT

    I saw a post the other day about if Dark Souls had some Smash representation so I started thinking what the Chosen Undead's Classic Mode would be like, since every character in Smash has a different one that sort of fits the theme of their game.

    So the fights would parallel significant fights from Dark Souls 1 (I know there's the other games but I don't really remember the bosses from those). All of the fights would use HP instead of Percentage for your damage.

    Here's how I think it could play out:

    Round 1 - Ganon

    Classic mode starts off just like Dark Souls starts off, met with a massive demon that feels too intimidating for the start of a game. Time to get good!

    Round 2 - Two Ridleys with Wii Fit Trainer as an Ally

    So you'd start off with one Ridley spawned and then when it's half health a second Ridley appears, pretty straight forward copy of the Bell Gargoyles.

    Now you're probably wonder why the hell is Wii Fit Trainer there? Well this is the first time in Dark Souls we can summon a warrior of the sun, Solaire. Since he isn't in the game, why not have someone who salutes the Sun instead? It's a bit goofy I know

    Round 3 - King Dedede and Meta Knight

    So we need a big guy with a big hammer who ground slams and a Knight who can dash quickly at you…we have the two perfect characters for this!

    Round 4 - Giant Duck Hunt

    Just imagine if Sif could throw a discus at you, summon someone who shoots you, and blow you up with a can.

    Round 5 - Four Fire Emblem Characters with Female Robin as an Ally

    After defeating Duck Hunt you can now traverse the Abyss and fight against 4 Fire Emblem characters. Similar to the four King they'd spawn one by one after a certain amount of time.

    I wasn't sure to include Robin or not but for this fight in Dark Souls you can summon Witch Beatrice, so I figured it would work.

    I also thought of doing 4 Ganondorf's, but we already opened with Ganon.

    Round 6 - Dracula or Rathalos

    I wasn't sure what other boss to put here so I thought Dracula, as a Nito stand in. An alternative could be Rathalos as Seath. Hell, you could probably do Bed of Chaos by having it be Master and Crazy Hand just trying to knock you off the stage.

    Final Boss - Dark Link

    Final fight is just a simple one on one with another sword fighter, Link, whose gone hollow.

    Even better if they could have this on a stage based off of the Kiln with Gwyn's theme in the background.

    submitted by /u/SaidTheEmu
    [link] [comments]

    Who Crestfallen Warrior refers to when talking about crow flew off with somebody in its crutches?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 12:41 AM PDT

    On my 2nd playthrough, just reached firelink shrine and went to new londo ruins just to get some loot and soul items from the starting part of that area. Came back talked to Crestfallen Warrior again and this was the exchange:
    "You again?
    There's nothing to speak about, really.
    Oh, actually… Something strange did happen.
    That crow flew off with somebody in its clutches. I think it was a man curled up in a ball.
    Stranger things have happened, right?
    No, maybe not…"
    Now I haven't activated that elevator yet, but are there any solid leads on who he is talking about?

    submitted by /u/idk0071
    [link] [comments]

    just beat OnS for the first time on my first play through on the remaster

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 05:42 PM PDT

    I've heard a lot about their difficulty before even playing the game, and I am in no way good at the souls games like at all. But I actually found this fight super easy? Maybe it was just the weapon I had idk

    submitted by /u/barnersfr0gg0
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 white screen crash..

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 01:27 AM PDT

    So I finished dark souls 1 and I was so so so SO excited to play dark souls 2 I got the game and opened it and I got the white screen crash I searched a lot for a solution I tried a lot of them nothing is working it's now 3 days since I got the game and still can't make it work pls help me if you can...

    I also wanted to change the resolution from the config file cuz maybe that will make it work so I went to Appdata/roaming/DarkSoulsII

    And the file was just empty so if anyone can send to me a copy of dark souls 2 graphic configuration file that may help

    I have the old one, not the SOFTS

    submitted by /u/IcePsychological3950
    [link] [comments]

    gravelording is weird

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    i think i just met a hacker beacause i invaded a gravelord vua the sign went down to him and there was a balder knight attacking me. in the end it killed him but is there like in ds3 an item that makes enemies hostile towards invaders?

    submitted by /u/MelickBlishtar
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t beat Bed of Chaos

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 08:43 AM PDT

    I have had 30+ tries (100 didn't even make it into the fog door) at the bed of chaos and I haven't been able to beat the second orb. This is such a trash boss fight I want to quit this game.

    submitted by /u/freidfood
    [link] [comments]

    Never judge a book by its cover

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    I was putting off buying Dark Souls Remastered because I saw a couple minutes of gameplay and thought it was 'that type of game' and that I wouldn't enjoy it.

    God I was so wrong.

    This game is so good in many different ways. I really love how the world is so interconnected and easy to traverse. I don't warp often because planning the quickest route to your destination and using the shortcuts is so fun. The game really rewards exploration and paying attention to dialogue and item descriptions, instead of just giving everything you need to know on a silver plate.

    It's a great way to show the story behind everything because NPCs aren't just saying it, which could be unnatural. They even respond pretty naturally by turning hostile when you attack and by saying things like 'Oi, where you off to?' when you leave unexpectedly. And once they die they don't come back.

    What I love the most is that there are so many different ways to play. You can be a mage or a warrior - or a mix of both if you really wanted. There are so many different weapons to suit everyone's play style, and you aren't even forced to stick to just one. You can even choose how to progress because the whole world is open to you from the start.

    You can do whatever you want.

    Thank you FromSoftware for this amazing game.

    submitted by /u/FloatingRage
    [link] [comments]

    goddamm i need humanity in anor londo

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 04:19 AM PDT

    ok that devil things took me to anor londo and i am kinda stuck i think i looked everywhere to find a humanity because i died alot to those silver knight archers anyway i want to summon solaire to kill that 2 bosses but i cant since i am stuck any help ? and i want to kill the fat one first

    submitted by /u/theFurkhan
    [link] [comments]

    Which game

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 04:50 PM PDT

    Dark souls remastered is 50 dollars, dark souls 2 is also 50 dollars I've never played dark souls before, which one should i buy?

    submitted by /u/nepnep_nepu
    [link] [comments]

    How to get leveled for AL?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2021 03:28 AM PDT

    Hi! This is my first post here and I'm just playing through DS1 remastered, I've made it to Anor londo at SL 38 and have a +5 gargoyle tail halberd, I've looked around and saw I should be at around SL 50-60 with a +10 weapon. Where should I go to get souls and shards so i can be prepared for AL?

    submitted by /u/CHADBEATS_01
    [link] [comments]

    What boss(es) do you believe to be overlooked lore-wise?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 06:36 PM PDT

    This must be my 6th playthrough but it's the first time i began paying attention to Nito and i must say that his Lore is very interesting. It certainly deserves a bit more of love IMO

    That got me wondering about which other bosses can be considered "overlooked" lore wise and i wanted to hear your thoughts about it

    submitted by /u/iwantbullysequel
    [link] [comments]

    After ~3 years not touching any Soulsborne games, I've started a new run in DS Remastered and, to pay hommage to my very first playthrough almost 10 years ago, I got stuck in the Catacombs at the start. Again.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    Muscle memory?

    submitted by /u/Worge105
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone want to duel me for a dragon scale? (Nintendo Switch)

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 07:49 PM PDT

    I'm part of the Path of the Dragon Covenant and I desperately need some more dragon scales. We could do it as many times as you want(as long as you have enough humanity). Find my summon sign in front of the crest of artorias door in darkroot garden. Whoever wins the duel will be automatically rewarded a dragon scale, so each of us could get as many as we like.

    submitted by /u/Alarming_Indecision
    [link] [comments]

    I heard that you need a divine weapon for the catacombs. Should I make my main weapon divine and change it back later or should I make a dedicated divine weapon?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 07:21 PM PDT

    I'm curious which would be more efficient going forward. As a side question, is it best to go to the catacombs after beating Ornstein and Smough or is there something better I could be doing?

    submitted by /u/Potatoboi17
    [link] [comments]

    How high does my endurance have to be?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 07:44 AM PDT

    While having Havel's Ring and a Ring of Favor and Protection equipped, how high do I have to get my endurance in order to be able to have 66.5 on the equip load without fat rolling? (That's the full black iron armor and shield with a greatsword of Artorias, in case you're wondering)

    submitted by /u/RockyMarsh90
    [link] [comments]

    Multiplayer

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 08:09 PM PDT

    So me and a friend are trying to play multiplayer on Dark Sould Remastered. We're both human, we're both around the same level, and we're on undead burg. Our passwords are the same and I still can't see his summon sign, anyone have an idea of how we can fix this?

    submitted by /u/Erick547
    [link] [comments]

    Some questions unrelated to each other

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 05:52 PM PDT

    I've now killed 5 bosses: Asylum Demon, Taurus Demon, Bell Gargoyles, Moonlight Butterfly and Capra Demon.

    • Why can I not use Large Titanite Shards? I've upgraded my Longsword to +5 and expected to be able to use large titanite shards for +6, but I don't get that option

    • What are some good early game strength weapons? I'm doing a strength build and I'm currently using a +5 Longsword, but I want more strength scaling.

    • How abundant will Humanity become later in the game? Are they kind of like embers in DS3? I want to use them, but I don't want to waste them. Is humanity rare in mid/late game?

    • Will I ever be able to travel between bonfires like DS3 and BB? I think if there's gonna be way more areas I won't be able to keep track of what is where.

    • Are there any early game items I absolutely don't want to miss?

    submitted by /u/drowning_bird_88
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like I can't use special items in Souls games without feeling like I'm not using it properly.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2021 10:45 AM PDT

    I beat Capra Demon yesterday on my 4th attempt (I died in less than 10 seconds the first 3) and I used red moss to reduce effects of bleeding or whatever going into it because the hell dogs were very annoying.

    But here's the thing. I'm uncertain as to whether it contributed to my victory. As with resin and other items, I'm never quite sure if I'm utilizing these items effectively. Was red moss useful for this fight? Or did I just git gud?

    submitted by /u/AgentP-501_212
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment