• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 15, 2021

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 14, 2021)

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 14, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 14, 2021)

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 1 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I wanna know the name of a mini boss I just lost 4500 souls to

    Posted: 14 May 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    4500 probably isn't a lot late game but idk cuz I'm on my 1st play through. So I died to some mini boss I don't even know the name of. It's the one where you use the master key and then go down like a billion stairs in a circle. It has some sort of stone club thing and looks like its wearing stone armor. Its next to the giant black night dude. Anyways, I died to him after he chased me up a few sets of stairs so I knew I could get it back without having to fight him and die again. But then I fell off a ledge so it's all gone now😭. Anyways the point of this post was to ask what the stone armored club wielding dude's name is.

    submitted by /u/Aware-Breakfast-178
    [link] [comments]

    Messages.

    Posted: 14 May 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    I love the messages left from other players while playing Dark Souls. Some are trolling like one that said safe zone , then I soon realised it wasn't a safe area , others stating tears ahead when entering blighttown and even some saying I hate this upon entering a boss battle. Some give you hints as to where items are hidden. I just love all the messages , trolls or not. Makes me laugh.

    submitted by /u/GODS_SICARIO34
    [link] [comments]

    Asylum Demon - Fan Art - Part of an Illustrated Tribute To Dark Souls

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/i19FV6M

    I hope you all enjoy! Let me know what you think!

    submitted by /u/Bloc-Illustration
    [link] [comments]

    I got invaded by the dark spirit of Joe Biden

    Posted: 14 May 2021 06:50 PM PDT

    I was playing in Sen's Fortress tonight when I got invaded by a player named 'Joe Biden'. I promptly accidentally rolled off the bridge I was standing on giving him the easiest victory ever, and leaving poor Iron Tarkus to scratch his head. If you're reading this, sorry for the lack of a fun fight.

    submitted by /u/ralthiel
    [link] [comments]

    ��I've completed Northern Undead Asylum without dying. You can call me Happy Hob, OH YEAHH

    Posted: 15 May 2021 02:58 AM PDT

    I think I'm ready to complete Dark Souls Trilogy No hit run. I can already see the money coming my way.

    Just kidding. I'm as bad as the drug.

    submitted by /u/SoulsRing
    [link] [comments]

    Won my first PVP fight

    Posted: 14 May 2021 05:51 PM PDT

    I lost dozens of PVP fights, they always run up on me, turn and roll then backstab-one-hit-kill me.

    So just a moment ago someone invaded my game, did the usual routine, but let me live by just an inch of hp left.

    I fesred using estud as i knew he would then do the finishing hit.. but he walked away and soammed waving gestures.. i quickly drank estus.

    fully healed up i tried to attack an syyyyke he manages to backstab me again, guess what: inch of hp left.. this repeats 3 times until i understand he doesnt want to fight, he wants to play.

    we are in oolocile townchip. i wave him back, walk away from him, wait and run in circles. i want him to follows me. he does, i go up to a ledge and do the "looking" gesture.. he comes to the ledge and does the same. what a mouse. i walk behind him and do a nice kick :D and then i throw one of these stones that say: "im sorry" lol.

    submitted by /u/bu72
    [link] [comments]

    Why do you guys like Ash Lake so much?

    Posted: 15 May 2021 02:22 AM PDT

    I don't really go near the area due to a...personal mistake I made during my first playthrough, but I'm curious as to why all of you guys like the place so much.

    submitted by /u/Captain_borf
    [link] [comments]

    my love and hate relationship with the Zweihander

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:29 AM PDT

    I recently finished dark souls for the first time. This is, without a doubt, the best game I've personally ever played. That said, I can never talk about this enchanting playthrough without mentioning my main weapon throughout the playthrough, the trusty Zweihander.

    This is my most favorite weapon of the game. It carried me through the beginning to the end. Yea it felt slow in the beginning but as I managed to figure out the range and the timing, almost everything became easier for me. Not by much but at least I could handle shit myself. Except........... O&S and Kalameet. O&S clapped me 7 times before I finally slew them... but not without my zwei. Ummm, Kala, he was a nightmare. Bugger killed me a solid 19 times. Zwei felt a tad slow for him. But I didn't give up. With the strength of the two-hander and the skill I've developed since the beginning, I came triumphant.

    But the best parts of this weapon caused an incident so tragic that I still tear up remembering it. I had found out that onionbro's quest will fail if the chaos eaters in Shit Izalith get him below half health. So I killed the first 3 with poison arrows and got the 4th to one-fourth health with normal ones. I quickly talked to Siegmeyer and went down with him. Even though I did everything in my power to save him, I couldn't. You wanna know how he got the damage? It wasn't the fucking chaos eater, it was my zwei. Yes, the fucking range caught up to him and the damage I had got his health below half. I tried to quit out and reload but, it was already too late. Bro killed him. And when I go talk to him, he uttered the forbidden words- "Linde, forgive me" and, died.

    So, It has been a wild ride. It carried me throughout the game smoothly but also caused some of the saddest moments I've ever experienced in a game. Nevertheless, can't wait to try it again.

    submitted by /u/Head_Jellyfish_6886
    [link] [comments]

    Any advice on how to stay motivated in the second half of the game?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 05:03 PM PDT

    I love this game, but every time I start a new build I always end up loving the first half of the game, then it starts to get a bit boring around Anor Londo but still great fun, and then I end up quitting because I get bored after beating O&S. I don't know what it is but the game just becomes an absolute slog to get through and I usually never finish my play through. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/BananaMan7585
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:50 PM PDT

    So I was first introduced to these games with Bloodborne which went on to being one of my favorite games and then I decided to play Dark Souls 3. Also loved it. Now I've finally returned to the first Dark Souls and it is making those first two games feel like child's play. I don't know if it's the slightly dated gameplay or what, but I'm struggling so much more with the first Dark Souls. The inability to fast travel between bonfires and the length I have to run to get back to a boss. It also feels much harder to slip past enemies while doing so. That, mixed with the frustration of the boss itself makes me impatient to get back and half the time I lose health before getting there. I'm currently stuck on Capra Demon. Both DS3 and Bloodborne had some tough moments but all 3 of the first Dark Souls bosses I've faces so far have rivaled the hardest I faced in DS3. Am I alone here or is this game that much harder than the newer games?

    submitted by /u/JohnJHelstrom
    [link] [comments]

    What should my next build be

    Posted: 14 May 2021 07:46 PM PDT

    Ive made a scorcerer and a zweihander havel. What should i do next

    submitted by /u/000sleep
    [link] [comments]

    Transitioning back to Dark Souls from Sekiro.

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    I've been playing Sekiro for months. Best game From has made so far. I've completed at least 9 playthroughs and there is nothing left but the gauntlets and I just want to chill and play something different for a while.

    I hooked up the old PS3 and gave dark souls a try. I use to be amazing at this game.... the PVE at least. Compared to Sekiro this game is soooo slow. I got killed by the fucking Taurus Demon for christ's sake. I played for 3 and half hours and got killed by the mob before the Gargoyles before saying fuck it.

    How did I get this bad in such a short period of time? It's only been about 6 months.

    Anyone else get ruined by Sekiro? I'm absolutely ashamed that I got taken out by the fucking Taurus Demon. I've played the souls series for years.

    submitted by /u/WaxheadWarren
    [link] [comments]

    I just had the best run through Undead Parish with the help of Eragon and Rave Lord.

    Posted: 14 May 2021 11:42 PM PDT

    After hitting Blighttown early for the falchion and the Fire Keeper's Soul, I proceeded with the game normally and got to the Undead Parish. I went human so I could summon Solaire for the gargoyles, and saw a bunch of other summon signs just outside of the building.

    One of them was a dude called Eragon, and as a fellow fan of the series I had to summon him. He made short work of all of the enemies in the Parish and I picked up the other Fire Keeper Soul because those are what trigger Lautrec to escape, right? So I'll beat the gargoyles and then kill him at Firelink.

    Well, then Eragon and I got invaded by Rave Lord, who was the most chill dude ever. He kept doing "Hurrah!" and "Joy" and then gave me Gwyn's fucking soul. Then he just hung out while Eragon and I headed to the fog door and I saw that I could also summon Solaire and outnumber the Bell Gargoyles for once.

    Needless to say, the gargoyles never stood a chance against the power of jolly cooperation. The first gargoyle was dead before the second one spawned in and the second one didn't last too long either. With the gargoyles dead, I rang the bell and went back to Firelink to deal with that gold-plated loser, only to find that he had already killed Anastacia and the bonfire was out. Not too much of an issue really, there's plenty of other bonfires close by, but I wanted Lautrec's ring.

    Anyway...Eragon, Rave Lord, if you guys are out there and you stumble across this post, this is Aoife and you guys were the absolute best.

    submitted by /u/windermere_peaks
    [link] [comments]

    I dusted off Dark Souls after like 7 years

    Posted: 14 May 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    After not touching Dark Souls for a long time I recently took it back up and yeh lets say I did better than before. But my first try of Nito looked, well worthy of improvement to say the least.

    Thought I would share it with you.

    https://imgur.com/t/dark_souls/M0kyVDp

    Btw if anyone knows how to turn the Prepare to die Edition of Dark Souls in english please tell me how. I already tried the DS1Fix but it only made things worse (even after adjusting, I had like 480p resolution and the game was still not in english :/ ).

    submitted by /u/TheCommanderVince
    [link] [comments]

    I summoned in O&S fight and i feel a little bad about myself

    Posted: 14 May 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    (Sorry for bad english) Title says it, O&S kicked my ass so many times that i ended up summoning, the thing is that the guy i summoned made the fight stupidly easy, and really didnt ended up enjoy it that much.

    Just wished that the guy i summoned wasnt op as hell.

    submitted by /u/Pipex121
    [link] [comments]

    Seath is a massive bitch

    Posted: 14 May 2021 04:46 PM PDT

    Ng+2 against seath and I hate it

    Anyone got some tips and tricks

    submitted by /u/Popular-Tea7311
    [link] [comments]

    I think I’ve finally gotten good at dark souls

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:44 PM PDT

    I beat ng+2 in just a little bit over 2 days

    Beat ornstein and smough on 2 attempts

    Killed of the side bosses and the lords in one sitting

    Is this good or average

    Keep in mind dark souls remastered is the first time I've played Fromsoft game nor any of the souls game

    submitted by /u/Popular-Tea7311
    [link] [comments]

    I won my first PvP fight!

    Posted: 14 May 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    I just started playing this week. I pretty much exclusively play single player games and avoid PvP games (loved competitive games as a teenager but now in my 30s single player is more my speed). I was having trouble with the Capra Demon so decided to go human to get some help (thank you to whoever that was! I was the coward hanging back throwing firebombs). Went straight to the Depths, fell into a pit full of basilisks and managed to make it out unscathed. I was sitting on 12,000 souls desperately trying to find the bonfire in the maze of sewers, and the dreaded invasion message popped up. I panicked at first, but took a deep breath and took the guy on like he was any other foe. It was very close, but managed to vanquish him with my +5 mace. I love this game!

    submitted by /u/ndennies
    [link] [comments]

    Tomorrow is Xanth Day! Everybody prepare for the pilgrimage!

    Posted: 15 May 2021 04:33 AM PDT

    To ANYONE AND EVERYONE! For anyone unaware, this post was told a few months ago, and another post decided tomorrow would be Xanth day! Please, anybody who can, join us in going to Ash Lake, tomorrow to commemorate the good communities of this subreddit, and the powerful impact this game, and others, can have on us all.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/kwak1i/a_tale_about_ash_lake_and_abuse/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    We'll see you there, skeleton!

    submitted by /u/Korberon99
    [link] [comments]

    I had a religious experience when i entered Chamber Of The Princess for the first time

    Posted: 15 May 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    Going through the hell that is Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo, fighting Smough and Ornstein solo (i had no idea that i need to be human so i can summon ma Sunbro Solaire to help me)

    Dying over and over and over again, to be greeted with that music and that imagery no just Gwynevere but that whole room.

    now i understand that scene in Unthinkable (2010) Samuel L. Jackson tortures that guy and then he ask Carrie-Anne Moss to give him a massage, giving him a sense of comfort and security after what he went through. so he bursts in tears; that's exactly how it felt like

    submitted by /u/ISHIMURA_MJD
    [link] [comments]

    I’m not happy with this but...

    Posted: 15 May 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    This is maybe the first and only time I fell like my first solo victory against Gwyn doesn't feel worth it, since the only thing I did was just to parry him with power within and the hornet ring with black knight greatsword

    So it doesn't feel worth it

    submitted by /u/Popular-Tea7311
    [link] [comments]

    I have no idea where to actually ask for this, but could someone drop me a bunch of cracked red eye orbs?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 07:15 PM PDT

    I can't find a sub that is made to ask for item drops, but if someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. I'm on the PC version

    submitted by /u/ProfessorLankto
    [link] [comments]

    Seigmeyer quest still on?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 06:15 PM PDT

    I missed onionbro inside Sen's fortress. I turned the rock shooter in all possible directions before I remembered to go down to meet him near the ravine. When I finally did, he was gone and all the snake men around there were dead. I thought I messed up his quest line and completed the area.

    I was surprised to meet him again in Anor Londo and he gifted me something for killing some enemies.

    Does this mean my quest is still on?

    submitted by /u/Zagyr
    [link] [comments]

    I'm doing like no damage to Seath.

    Posted: 14 May 2021 11:21 PM PDT

    I've got a claymore +10 and it does hardly any damage at all and I kill the spike thing in the back of the boss room but I just don't get why I'm doing so little damage.

    submitted by /u/EdIsDead_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment