• Breaking News

    Friday, May 14, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 14, 2021)

    Dark Souls 2 Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 14, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (May 14, 2021)

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 2 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ray tracing before it was cool.

    Posted: 14 May 2021 01:18 AM PDT

    Sir Alonne of the clean floors (OC)

    Posted: 13 May 2021 04:09 PM PDT

    Dark Souls in Nutshell...

    Posted: 14 May 2021 02:07 PM PDT

    ahh, my favorites: a yharnumite sound-alike and kirkland brand patches :)

    Posted: 14 May 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    One of the main reasons why i love Dark Souls

    Posted: 14 May 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    He was a worthy opponent. I die happy.

    Posted: 14 May 2021 12:34 PM PDT

    Great to play blind again

    Posted: 14 May 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    So I have played DS1 since release, like before the anorlondo archers where nerfed and there was a loop hole for infinite souls trading with patches and framp. I literally play it from memory and don't miss a thing. Used a guide, the hard back one.

    Played ds3 a few times, really like it but again, used wiki to either scope the map first or check I hadn't missed anything after my run. Also read up on npc plot lines ans weapons etc.

    Playing dark souks 2 completely blind, which is hard to resist the temptation to look stuff up, but I'm loving it! Having that not knowing feeling again is great. The new exploration is great. A true first run again.

    People bash the game but I think it's pretty good in its own right. The despawning thing is wierd but I guess it makes boss runs easier and premotes progressing. Boss being really early in the area and unlocking the next bit if the area is.... Different, but OK.

    Just finished the lost basteal (first area) a nd un petrified a woman pyromancer who, I hope, will be wearing full Royal guard kit when I see her next.

    Anyway, just wanted to share, also, no spoilers please

    submitted by /u/MontyGreenstone
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else really like the lost bastille?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 01:28 AM PDT

    Sometimes I boot up the game just to wander this area and not do anything in particular.

    I love the atmosphere, it feels so disconnected from everything else in the series, it's like you really aren't supposed to be here. This is helped by the few NPCs in the area. Why is Mc Duff locked away on his own, seemingly willingly? How does Straid know how to transpose souls and what did this place use to be? What sin did the sinner commit? Why does the fucking lockstone door leading to belfry luna scream? You know absolutely nothing about the lost bastille or its inhabitants, you're just here to kill the sinner for reasons you don't understand.

    The enemies themselves kinda suck but unlike say, the crypt, they don't bring the area down, their designs add to it in my opinion. Why are there so many mummies and why do they explode? Why is there a locked away heide knight? Why do they call him the pursuer if he has an aggro range of 4 inches?

    The sinner is also my favourite boss in the game. A little easy but honestly so are most of them, at least with the sinner you have to think about your positioning otherwise when she jumps back, you won't hit her. I hate the other two bosses in the area with a passion, though.

    I really can't adequately explain why, but this is my favourite area in all of souls. It's a shame the magic doesn't carry over to the rest of the game.

    submitted by /u/CowofSatan
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I farm smooth and silky stones?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 02:18 PM PDT

    I'm doing a hex build and I'm trying to get darknight stones. I already messed up by accidentally discarding my only smooth and silky stone instead of dropping it. I'm not that far into the game yet (I just beat the belfry gargoyles and I'm about to fight lost sinner). I know that white soap stone is a reliable way but I'm barely getting summoned due to my soul memory being a little over 400,000. Any advice on how I can get smooth & silky stones?

    submitted by /u/BananaMan7585
    [link] [comments]

    Is life per kill worth investing in?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 01:15 PM PDT

    I took a break from getting my dual wield bleed build off the ground to do some research into this.

    Apparently, according to Wikidot, there are 2 upgrades to the evil eye ring with the most powerful being 80 hp per kill. There's also a great shield that gives 10 hp per kill (not sure if it's a passive buff like/stacks with the ring or if the shield needs to score the killing blow). And finally there are 3 armor sets of four pieces each, and each of those pieces award 10 hp per kill if your character is a woman (which this lancer toon is). If my math is correct that's 130 hp per kill if you have the +2 ring, great shield, and a full armor set.

    So here's where the title question comes into play. Is it worth it to build for this on an offline toon? Should I just stick to getting and having the ivory king crown, ring of restoration, and 2 charred loyce knight shields for in between engaging mobs? Or should I switch my strategy and use the butcher knife (either instead of the lance or as a dual wield forsaking the shield and/or armor entirely)?

    submitted by /u/The_Hardroad
    [link] [comments]

    Summon me plz

    Posted: 14 May 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    Where should I put the summon sign it always takes ages to get someone to summon me

    submitted by /u/tNexis
    [link] [comments]

    Fume Knight is the hardest boss I've ever faced in gaming.

    Posted: 14 May 2021 06:56 AM PDT

    It took me 60+ tries but I finally beat him. Naked. With a Zweihander. What a ride. I haven't felt like this about a game in years.

    submitted by /u/Garjun_
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Shrine of Amana is hard

    Posted: 14 May 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    I need help because I'm too poor for arrows and I'm a 1st time player of Dark Souls 2. I play on Ps4 (Scholar of the First Sin Edition)

    submitted by /u/AbyssalTerra
    [link] [comments]

    Got the SOTFS plat today. Started off hating this game & while i still think it's the worst souls game, I've come to appreciate it as it's own thing. I love this game now! There's so many memorable moments and this eerie horror vibe to it all that i love! Also majula is hands down the best hub world

    Posted: 14 May 2021 07:02 AM PDT

    Can i play the randomizer for DS2 online co-oping with a friend?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:15 AM PDT

    i am aware of the bans by using mods, that´s why we´d make alternate accounts just so we (theoretically) could play this mod together. But the question remains: can i do a co-op run with my pal with this mod on?

    submitted by /u/DemonMakoto
    [link] [comments]

    Serious question, with no intention of being offensive: Why do you guys like this game?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:04 AM PDT

    Hi guys. I am a huge Dark Souls fan, and I love Dark Souls 1 and 3. I have finished them multiple times and am currently doing challenge runs, but as much as I like them, I could never like Dark Souls 2. However, according to the scores of the game, it seems to be liked almost as much as the other two. Since I couldn't find any detailed review in Steam, I would like to hear your opinions about why you like this game. Again, I have no intentions of being offensive as I only genuinely wonder what makes you like this game.

    Here are the reasons why I don't like DS2:

    -Although I feel like DS1 and 3 are challenging in a fair way, I think DS2 is cancer rather than challenging, and doesn't feel as fair. DS2 bosses and areas depend more on RNG when compared to DS1 and 3 bosses/areas. Examples are the lava pit in Old Iron King bossfight, various NPC invades that difficulty depends on luck, numerous gang bosses etc.

    -I always like the fact that equipment load modulates i-frames of dodges. However, the fact that healing speed and i-frames are reduced and can be increased with a stat feels out of place.

    -There are just too many bosses. I love DS1 and 3 bosses because they feel unique, different and significant. The fact that there are almost twice as much bosses in DS2 reduces all of these elements for them. I also don't think that majority of the bosses are as good as DS1 or 3 bosses.

    -To the game's credit, I feel like Lifegem, Bonefire Aesthetic and Power Stance are great mechanics of the game and I wish they were implemented to DS3 as well. However, in my opinion, they don't seem to be enough to make me like the game.

    submitted by /u/HeIsAFungi
    [link] [comments]

    Fun Alternative Builds for NG+

    Posted: 14 May 2021 08:53 AM PDT

    Fun Alternative Builds for NG+

    https://preview.redd.it/hdc6lo83y3z61.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=692171f414df927a2a2ec49afc71b6d5375e2087

    After DS1 and DeS, I must say I'm very happy to have joined the DS2 club! I've enjoyed this game A LOT more than what I was initially expecting. Savoured every bit of it, DLC included, and now, after ~170 hours, I finally sat on the throne!

    I was thinking of a cool new build to try on NG+: something new, weird or gimmicky -- the complete opposite of the STR/FTH-ish build I ran with for most of NG. Maybe you guys can give me a couple of wacky suggestions?

    One idea I had in mind was what I like to call a "resident evil playthough": using mainly crossbows and throwables, with a dagger or shortsword as a backup melee option. I think that would be really fun in places like Brightstone and the Cript (although maybe not so much in areas such as the iron keep, but oh well...). Any tips to make it viable?

    I still have one soul vessel, so I can respec (currently SL180).

    Also, as a bonus: picture is my endgame fashion souls! Love the Throne Defender Chest Piece.

    submitted by /u/Lavitz_Lives
    [link] [comments]

    Which SM tier level is currently most active? Coming back to the game after a 5 year hiatus. If it helps, I am on PC.

    Posted: 14 May 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    I remember 2mil-5mil seemed to be a reasonable endgame tier. Where are people mostly hanging around at now?

    submitted by /u/BlackIronSaturn
    [link] [comments]

    Someone please help me with the ruin sentinels

    Posted: 14 May 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    I've been trying to beat them for more than 6 hours I can't do this anymore
    Steam friend code: 1007295465

    submitted by /u/Uchukeleches
    [link] [comments]

    The hoops you have to jump through for the Loyce Set and weapons are a bit excessive, imo.

    Posted: 13 May 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    I know both the armor and weapons are optional but ho-lee crap. I thought I'd try for them for the hell of it and I have to call it quits. I am defeated.

    Two hours of grinding Loyce Souls and I have 8 of them. A shit ton of armor and weapons though. And yes, I have on the Symbol of Avarice, that shield which boosts item drops, the prisoner's tatters, the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +1, and am going through Rusty Coins like they're chocolate. Eight souls. That's it.

    And the run between the King's Pets plus the boss themselves...just...I can't.You can summon and run but one or both of the summons will be at half health by the time you get to the bosses. If you fight all the reindeer(see Kirin in Monster Hunter: World) that you run into, there is no possible way you can use that same weapon against the bosses without repairing. And no, they're clearly not as hard as fighting Aava, which makes my blood pressure go up just thinking about her, but that doesn't mean this still isn't a VERY hard-hitting boss. TWO hard-hitting bosses with a lot of long range or jump attacks.

    I don't see myself completing either of these tasks, getting the armor and weapons, and not being disappointed in myself. Yes the HP recovery would be nice but it just isn't worth it.

    I'm not gitting gud this time. I'm hollowing and moving on to NG+.

    submitted by /u/Nowhereman50
    [link] [comments]

    DS2's Simpleton ring looks SO much better than DS3's Carthus Milkring

    Posted: 13 May 2021 04:54 PM PDT

    With the Milkring you supposedly go invisible while rolling, but you never fully go invisible, just transparent. The Simpleton ring has you completely disappear and reappear in a cloud of smoke. Why would FROM change this? It looks MILES cooler.

    submitted by /u/TheyCallHimPaul
    [link] [comments]

    Miracle/Hex Build

    Posted: 14 May 2021 06:16 AM PDT

    Hello,

    is a miracle/hex build viable with a high faith score (up to 50 to use Sunlight Spears), or is it better to focus on sorcerie/hex (more int, less faith or equal)? Another question concerning hexes, can such a build use pyro as well (because they have to level int/faith and according to the wiki pyro scales well until int+faith=60)?

    So far I my stats are as follows and I only plan to play PVE (oh and I currently use the "Tales of Drangleic"-Mod, so I have more casts per spell compared to vanilla DS2):

    Vig: 20

    End: 20

    Vit: 15

    Adpt: 16 or 18

    Strength: 18

    Dex: 30

    Int: 10

    Faith: 45

    Att: 20

    Thanks in advance for any answers :D

    submitted by /u/Zeppinator-
    [link] [comments]

    I beat the Iron King and the Executioner’s Chariot

    Posted: 14 May 2021 06:09 AM PDT

    The Iron King wasnt too bad. I rolled into the lava a few times because the platform was so small, but managed to get the W with my dragon slayer crescent axe and some sorcery to the face. Iron Keep kicked my ass though. Lost over 100,000 souls to the lava, the knights, and the turtle boi's Bleh

    The Executioner Chariot started annoying but turned into a great cinematic fight. The skeletons killed me a few times and kept coming back until I killed the necromancers. i tried to cast a few times as the chariot went by but it was too fast to lock on and I usually got knocked on my ass. Then I figured out how to close the gate, which led to the epic chariot crash and subsequent dual with the horses. Their attacks were predictable, and I was able to roll away without taking damage. I killed them dual wielding the crescent axe and the blacksmith's hammer which Lenigrast just gave me (thats a great combo btw). Now I am at the bonfire right above the boss area where I will pick back up this afternoon.

    I now have the great souls of the Iron King, Lost Sinner, and Paledrake. Without spoilers, what is my progress %

    ps- I want to go back to the iron keep and get those items in the fire areas that kill you. Where is the ring I need to do that? I assume there is a ring like the one you get in Lost Izalith?

    submitted by /u/MoonlitBadlands
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment