• Breaking News

    Monday, May 3, 2021

    Dark Souls To the low life invaders who invade low level areas, nobody likes you.

    Dark Souls To the low life invaders who invade low level areas, nobody likes you.


    To the low life invaders who invade low level areas, nobody likes you.

    Posted: 02 May 2021 02:07 PM PDT

    So I'm trying to learn the basics of this game and I know PVP is part of it, I can play offline of course or stay hollowed, but I came across a boss "bell gargoyle" at level 20 and I'm having some hard time with it, so I reversed hollowing to have the ability to summon others to help me and I got invaded so fast twice before I make it to the boss fog.

    The thing is, those invaders just got the best weapons on their low level character in order to invade noobs for easy kill, if they are that good then do PVP with your high level character against someone expert.

    Sorry for the angry post.

    submitted by /u/Error1x1
    [link] [comments]

    It's time to go home, Smough

    Posted: 02 May 2021 05:47 PM PDT

    I killed Siegmeyer

    Posted: 02 May 2021 05:05 AM PDT

    Guys I was fighting the knights in anor londo and one followed me into the room with Siegmeyer and I ACCIDENTALLY HIT HIM. I ran all the way back to the bonfire because I really didn't want to kill him but when I came back he was still aggroed. I had to kill him. I'm so upset.

    submitted by /u/FloatingRage
    [link] [comments]

    I have finished my 1st playthrough of Dark Souls, here are my overall impressions

    Posted: 03 May 2021 02:31 AM PDT

    I entered Gwyn's room and the fight is on. Got him in like 6-7 tries. I went with the parry approach. Worked out pretty effectively. Linked the fire and I'm outta there.

    All I can say... God, what a journey this has been. Took me 110h but that is because I like exploring a lot. Also worked towards platinum close to the end.

    ____

    Best boss fight?

    Gotta be O&S. The intro, the arena, the difficulty, the feeling of accomplishment afterwards. Everything was great.

    Most disappointing boss fight?

    Seath. I was expecting the best dragon fight across all souls series, one that could even concur Midir. What I got is a over-mutated slow dragon, but I guess this is somehow understandable since he was searching for immortality and that brought him to this state. Maybe fighting him in his prime would have been a different story.

    Most annoying boss?

    Nito. Because fuck his Skeleton gank. Gotta make use of Ring of Fog next time.

    Most heartbreaking moment?

    Sif becoming weaker and slower by the end of the fight. It just naturally hit, and it hit hard. Special mention to Fair Lady. Her speaking like that really makes you think she really is hurt.

    Best area ?

    Ash Lake. I fell in love the moment I entered it. It just gives me a sense of chill everytime I go in there.

    Worst area?

    Depths. I simply didn't like it and going through it was a chore. Special mention to Lost Izalith due to my burning eyes.

    Most disappointing area?

    Painted World of Ariamis. Maybe I had high standards from Ariandel's painted world from DS3, but this one really didn't live up to its name.

    Creepiest area?

    New Londo Ruins no doubt. Gives me the chills even to this day everytime I wander around in there.

    Best detail?

    World connectivity. God, people were not kidding when they said this is really taken care of. You can see Demon Ruins / Ash Lake from Tomb of Giants, Sen's Fortress / Undead Parish from Anor Londo. At first I thought having to way to warp form bonfire to bonfire is disappointing, but going further into the game I could see why this was nto a problem. I was not aware of the existence nor usage of Lordvessel by that time. Special mention to cutting off tails. I really like that one.

    Best OST?

    I think it's O&S again, but I gotta listen to the whole OST closely on YT since during the fights you cannot quite focus entirely to it. Special mention to plin plin plon though.

    Most used weapon?

    Longsword. It really did its work, no reason to change it.

    Most used armor?

    I am a fashion souls adept. I can't even remember exactly tbh. I know I used the Sunlight Maggot quite a while for obvious standards, but I also liked how it looked.

    Favorite stat?

    STR no doubt.

    Favorite NPC?

    Siegmeyer. In this world full of hollows he really cheers you up with each encounter. Too bad he goes Hollow in the end.

    Most disappointing thing overall?

    Not so many NPC encounters and invaders. I was really expecting them because I like going for backstabs and parries.

    Would I do it all over again if I were to forget everything?

    Absolutely!

    ___

    Overall, a great experience, I loved it!

    If you have some other questions you would like to ask, please do not hesitate.

    submitted by /u/miTzuliK
    [link] [comments]

    Something amazing just happened to me

    Posted: 02 May 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    So i had just beaten artorias and went into Oolacile town after running low on estus and being kinda lost in the area when suddenly i got invaded and was pretty scared tbh i had 80k souls on me so i taught i was fucked but then when i met the invader.

    he started waving and bowing after some back and forth bowing he asked me to follow him and so i did he showed me a bunch of items in the area and even some hidden enemies i was shocked at how nice he was i couldn't believe it he even showed me the shortcut to the bonfire and then he left after some more bowing at the bonefire.

    i just wanted to make this post to thank beleth and every person who does this in the ds community and if you see this beleth. thank you that really made my day.

    https://imgur.com/a/692ah2R

    submitted by /u/Mc_Lucas
    [link] [comments]

    I restarted a file today, and got to the depths within less than 4 hours of gameplay

    Posted: 02 May 2021 08:40 PM PDT

    So today, I decided to restart a file. I think this one is the one that I'm going all the way through on. I've restarted about 7 times, but this time, this is the true one. But basically.

    I beat the Asylum demon with the black firebomb cheese

    I Beat the Taurus demon with 4 firebombs and a Zweihander plunge attack

    I beat the Gargoyle in a minute with Solaire and my Zweihander

    I beat the moonlight butterfly by just swinging at it

    And I legitimately beat the Capra demon somehow

    I'm proud of myself for getting this far. So I'm going to follow through with this file, and hopefully, it'll finally get me through the game

    submitted by /u/--TreeTreeTree--
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks to The Goddess of Loot for invading my game!

    Posted: 02 May 2021 09:56 PM PDT

    Hi, just wanna thanks the kind player how invaded my game, gave me humanities, and accompanied me in my quest. I'm starting my first walkthrough as a sorcerer and I find it though. Thank you for that fun encounter!

    submitted by /u/Melee_Attack
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat the final boss in a very cool way.

    Posted: 03 May 2021 01:55 AM PDT

    Just before going into the final battel I got the Gold and Dark Silver Tracer, I fully upgraded them and decided to used them on Gwyn, Lord of Cinder and they did not disappoint.

    I'm around 40 hours in and soul level 113, please take a look at the fight and tell me what u think.

    https://youtu.be/l7pOyCoY22M

    PS: I had to remove the original sound because of some annoying noises from the recording, I added a free music from YouTube.

    submitted by /u/EveryUzerNameIzTaken
    [link] [comments]

    What boss has the most amount of kills on you in one playtrough?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    In my experience is Artorias, he killed me 24 times. Which means it took me 25 tries to beat the guy the first time i faze him.

    submitted by /u/Manin-5
    [link] [comments]

    How is the PvP in This Game for PC?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 11:29 PM PDT

    Are there a lot of hackers in the PC? Will they get my account banned?

    submitted by /u/RedLion6300
    [link] [comments]

    This game made me learn patience.

    Posted: 02 May 2021 03:15 PM PDT

    I haven't even finished the game, but I have enjoyed every bit of what I've played.

    I've only gotten up to the Capra Demon, but even though everything kind of just feels like a loop at this, I still find the game to be so enjoyable. This game is the most unfair game in the most fair way possible. How is the fact that knowing everything is my fault not making me mad? I don't know, but as I've started playing, I've gained a lot of patience, and I've been taking breaks from it every now and then, usually becoming motivated to play it again within another hour.

    Dark souls is amazing, fun, and challenging. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to beat it. My goal is to beat every single dark souls game. Hopefully Dark Souls 2 by the end of summer.

    Anyways, 9/10 game. I am determined to get through it all.

    submitted by /u/--TreeTreeTree--
    [link] [comments]

    Is parrying overrated ?

    Posted: 03 May 2021 03:55 AM PDT

    When it comes to souls games, parrying is the most talked about technique since it not only requires a lot of skill, but it rewards the player for putting time and effort into learning the skill since parrying will allow you to conserve stamina which plays a very important role in souls type games. My question is is parrying overrated ? I plan on playing a two handed great sword warrior and you cannot parry with two handed weapons, you have to rely on block and rolling, I don't want to rely on rolling since it takes stamina, is parrying really all that ? Can it change the overall experience?

    submitted by /u/Hadouken_Dazs
    [link] [comments]

    Bugged?

    Posted: 03 May 2021 02:54 AM PDT

    I cant ring the second bell after quelagg, so I beat her and when straight to the daughter of chaos bonfire rested and leveled went back up to ring it because honestly forgot where it was for a minute but I couldn't ring the bell.

    submitted by /u/kingkazma110
    [link] [comments]

    Crystal weapons

    Posted: 03 May 2021 02:44 AM PDT

    Why does this upgrade path exist? You're wasting upgrade mayerials on a weapon that will eventually break permanently. You can save them for tough fights but I don't see the point.

    submitted by /u/AYEZ1
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls - Age of Sunlight mod trailer

    Posted: 02 May 2021 06:00 PM PDT

    I haven't seen any discussion about this mod but I came across this trailer for the mod around the time when it had only been out for a little while. So far I'm really digging it! You'll like it if you're looking for something that changes things up without being a completely different experience like Daughters of Ash.

    submitted by /u/MuchoStretchy
    [link] [comments]

    Regarding NG+

    Posted: 03 May 2021 02:22 AM PDT

    In NG+ do you get better versions of rings?

    submitted by /u/Gods_Grandad
    [link] [comments]

    My Review for Dark Souls Remastered (Which i cant post anywhere because i m new)

    Posted: 03 May 2021 02:18 AM PDT

    Gameplay:

    Roleplay:

    Dark Souls features robust roleplay via gameplay; it has ten starting classes and you can play as a sorcerer, thief, knight, and cleric, etc. which gives the game a lot of replayability. The game features a lot of side characters which add depth to your roleplaying ability as they are literally tied to your class progression. Those who may find melee combat tiresome can do the entire game with ranged combat so the accessibility curve is not too high for people who dredd close combat. The game is optimally balanced for each class. Your class choice may change your perspective towards the game. I played nearly the whole series without using any magic, miracle, or pyromancy technique and when I switched to ranged combat I found the game a little less tiring and I sense the camera movement in close combat has a lot to add to that tiredness.

    Level Design:

    Art Design and Direction:

    The art direction of Dark Souls is jaw-dropping. It features gigantic forests, castles, catacombs, and lava pits to name a few, and takes inspiration from world heritage monuments like Angkor Wat. It features a medieval setting which gives vibes akin to a synthesis of eastern and western medieval culture.

    Enemy Design:

    Enemy Design of Dark Souls is incredibly diverse. The game never stops surprising you. It has Dragons, Dark wraiths, Ghosts, Gargoyles, Knights, Snake people to name a few and the list is very very long. At times you are fighting mushrooms, at others you are engaged with giant rats. The game keeps it afresh till the very end.

    Exploration:

    Dark Souls does no handholding in telling you where exactly to go, what exactly you need, where to get what you need, and how to use the item that you need to use. In that sense, the whole game is a giant labyrinth with enemies lurking at unknown corners. This is where the game becomes truly difficult. It becomes too difficult at times that you have to read stuff on the internet in order to know what you are supposed to do in the game. For those who like this kind of exploration, Dark Souls is a must-play game as the exploration is frustrating, wonderous, and rewarding at the same time.

    Navigation:

    Dark Souls does not feature a map or a checklist of objectives and there is no minimap to keep track of where you are coming from. This is intentional but that does not bode very favorably for the game design. The navigation in dark souls is bad. It features many checkpoints in form of bonfires but they can become very hard to find. The bigger problem is however indistinguishable pathways and pitfalls. You may be staring at a staircase and never know that it's there. This is simply bad design, something which the later games in the series improve upon but here it is very bad and indubitably frustrating. Some may like this frustrating aspect as to them this naturally adds to the exploration aspect, this is where the masochist aspect of the player base comes from, but even they can't deny that the frustration is there, they just simply enjoy it. It is not slavery if you are into it.

    Combat:

    Combat is Slow, Tactile, and Fair. What do I mean by that?

    Slow:

    Dark Slow features natural-paced melee combat which is close to that of the real world. For ranged combat, the game also involves slow realistic casting animations like an old priest blessing you in real life. It's not a hack and slash game.

    Tactile:

    Every armor you wear and every weapon you wield changes how your character moves i.e. it affects the expense of your stamina bar. The clashing of weapon have a realistic sense of weight behind it.

    Fair:

    In Dark Souls, the core gameplay loop involves one vs one standoff i.e. you and the enemy are on equal footing. You can heal and so do the enemies. You do get to face multiple enemies at times but more or less it has to do with where you move while being engaged in combat. You may trigger a second enemy in that fashion. You can take advantage of your enemy position by stabbing them in the back and enemies can do the same to you. You can make different builds each with its own advantages with certain types of enemies and disadvantages with certain other types of enemies.

    The only negative aspects of combat are parrying mechanics which are non-tactile and texture or object clipping of enemy weapons which gives them the ability to hit you through walls.

    Graphical Fidelity and technical performance:

    The original launch of the game was mediocre on Console and absolutely disastrous on PC where it became playable only due to community efforts. But after the release of remaster all the woes related to technical performance are gone now. The graphical fidelity of the game is good but it doesn't do art design and direction justice and falls a little short on it. However I have to note that I played it on 4K, as such the experience was a notch higher for me on a personal level and I am not disappointed, however, compared to Dark Souls III, the game shows its age speaking purely in terms of graphical fidelity. The game does not feature pause which is a gimmick move to add flair to the hype of this game being one of the hardest to date. Games can be just as hard with a pause button, Sekiro a later game by the same developers proves that. The camera is janky at times and can ruin some moments of playtime.

    Sound:

    The Soundtrack features melancholic tunes as ambient music and heavy choirs as boss music which gives this game series a distinct sound template. It's beautiful and loud at times but for most of the game, it's minimal and adds to the silence and mysteriousness of your in-game surroundings.

    Story:

    The story in Dark Souls is good but storytelling is very inconsistent and mediocre at best. The game has rich lore but you are better off watching it on youtube. A YouTuber named Vaatividya has made a career out of it. Many players are definitely obsessed with the game's lore which may come off as pretentious at times. However, it's certainly not a game you will keep playing due to its story, no definitely not. It's most likely that you may get no sense of a cohesive story (which is there by the way) in your first playthrough. In short, it's good but nothing special for any seasoned reader or film watcher. I will say for the western audience it brings more freshness to the table in terms of lore to obsess over than to the eastern audience since the developers are Japanese. On a personal level, I do find the lore quite in-depth and intriguing.

    Verdict - 9/10

    Excellent

    submitted by /u/TheTrueConnoisseur
    [link] [comments]

    What are the Best Weapons You Can Get Early in the Game?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 08:08 PM PDT

    What are the best weapons you can get early in the game? List down all the best weapons that you can get early in the game that you can think of.

    submitted by /u/RedLion6300
    [link] [comments]

    Vagrants

    Posted: 02 May 2021 05:20 PM PDT

    So, I bought the game in march, I've played it for almost 300 hours, started it 3 times and finished it 8 times (including various ng+ obv). Through my journey I found 6 vagrants, but I know they're supposed to be kinda rare; so, I'm curious, how many vagrants have you encountered?

    submitted by /u/10_nazuK
    [link] [comments]

    Had my first run-in with Bonewheels...

    Posted: 02 May 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    That was fun.☠️

    submitted by /u/Cantifreezy
    [link] [comments]

    I finished Dark Souls

    Posted: 02 May 2021 02:53 PM PDT

    Over a year ago, I was in GameStop with my dad shopping for something to play, when I stumbled across Dark Souls Remastered. All of what I knew about the game was that it was very difficult. Around that sole piece of knowledge I decided to buy the game as a challenge, almost a curious, but cautious, intrigue. This was around the time I started using Reddit, and I often came to this community for help and tips for various bosses and areas. I also used websites like FextraLife to aid me throughout the game. (Which is not shameful, I would have been turned off of the game if I had no clue what was happening. As I worked my way through the game I eventually received the Lordvessel and at that point, I stopped playing. I already knew that the game took a steep decline in quality after O&S and I didn't really even enjoy the game that much. A year passes. I come back. And what I found, was a masterpiece. I'm not sure what brought me back to this game, but when I came back I fell head first and loved every second of it. Other than the Tomb of the Giants this game has the best level design and world story-telling I have ever seen in a video game. While I agree the last half is weaker than the first, it still is incredible. Seeing the credits roll on this work of art is satisfying in a way that I can't describe. Thank you, Dark Souls.

    submitted by /u/SamTheMan6124
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat the game bow only

    Posted: 02 May 2021 05:21 AM PDT

    9/10 fun challenge. Dealing with enemies with shields was a chore, but if you bait them into attacking it left them open to punish. Spear hollows can suck my arrowhead.

    Most bosses weren't too bad. O&S and Gwyn were the hardest, though I skipped the DLC and didn't fight Priscilla.

    I used +15 composite bow, RoFaP and Hawk/Wolf ring, crimson set + gargoyle helm, Grass Crest shield.

    Definitely recommend giving it a go. If you do, remember to save arrows, especially at the start. Getting to the first merchant requires running a gauntlet with very limited arrows.

    submitted by /u/Nothing_is_simple
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Blighttown

    Posted: 02 May 2021 04:58 PM PDT

    I just got the key for Blighttown and I'm heading off for the night, already dreading the thought of going through it just from what I've heard. But, is it really that bad?

    submitted by /u/OsprayO
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment