• Breaking News

    Monday, May 3, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 What

    Dark Souls 2 What


    What

    Posted: 03 May 2021 05:57 AM PDT

    Best looking place in the game?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 07:55 PM PDT

    Lucatiel of Mirrah in my painting composition :)

    Posted: 03 May 2021 03:56 AM PDT

    This invasion caught me off guard a little

    Posted: 03 May 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    NG+2 ruin sentinels vs a +5 Dark Crypt Blacksword wielded by a level ~220 bearer of the curse. I swear ng+2 is easier than ng +1

    Posted: 03 May 2021 10:39 AM PDT

    My character is named mistake in every dark souls game so I call this 'great mistakes across the ages'

    Posted: 03 May 2021 12:51 PM PDT

    First playthrough of Ds2. This game is so underrated. Absolutely amazing so far. Best of all I haven't had it spoiled. Idk why ds2 got so much hate compared to ds3 and dsr.

    Posted: 02 May 2021 04:41 PM PDT

    Just finished DS2 for the first time

    Posted: 03 May 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    So I just finished DS2 for the first time and I can say pretty confidently that just about everyone Ive ever talked to about this game is wrong. I say that because they all have had one of two opinions. Its either the best souls game or the worst souls game. Both of these are wrong.

    Things I liked:

    The World of Dranleic. No, its not interconnected or one big expansive open sandbox, but neither was Super Mario World or TMNT 4 Turtles in Time and those are objectively the greatest games ever. The varied environments and atmosphere that you are just an ant that doesn't really matter was excellent. Majula is probably my favorite HUB ever.

    The level design. Excellent linear experiences. Its not designed to be traversed backwards and forwards and thus they can craft one single excellent experience. They can put enemies and obstacles in places with just one direction in mind. Perfect.

    The health system. Absolutely loved the introduction of life gems and how they allow you to get space and extend boss fights beyond just your estus.

    Things I disliked:

    The character models. They're just weird and ugly. They don't move at all well and the motion capture looks like a low budget ps2 games in some places. I'm not the kind of person that values pristine visuals. I'm of the opinion that good graphics can never make a game, but awful ones can break a game.

    The lack of feedback from being hit. I feel like theres times that Im hit and unless Im looking at my life bar I wouldnt realize I had been hit. I cant tell if its a sound design issue or a lack of vibration feedback or maybe a lack of character model response. Either way, its very lacking.

    The mobs. There are times where the mobs become a bit much. Im not someone who is against having different types of fights, but there were a couple of times when I could run halfway across a level (Iron Keep) and I would still have knights chasing me. Maybe lower that pursue tether just a tad.

    Overall, Id give the game a 7.5/10 and think it has an opportunity to be one of my favori.....wait what? Oh the run to Undead Purgatory? Never mind. 0/10 Do not play. Awful game. Would not recommend Broken. Destroy your copy if you have it.

    submitted by /u/t3h_LoU
    [link] [comments]

    While playing through ds2 I cane up with this handy little rule that helped me a lot

    Posted: 03 May 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    I call it the 'one more' rule

    You think you've killed all the enemies in the area chances are there is one more

    You think you are comfortable with a bosses moveset chances are there is one more attack you haven't seen ready to catch you off guard

    You think you are in the last area of the game there is one more

    You think you are at the last boss there is one more

    Always anticipate there being one thing more than you expect

    submitted by /u/boomer4883
    [link] [comments]

    Whenever I beat a dark souls game I talk about how I felt about the game, yesterday I beat dark souls 2

    Posted: 03 May 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    Everything hurts Never again

    submitted by /u/boomer4883
    [link] [comments]

    Rank my Character (NG+6) (My objetive is NG+9)

    Posted: 03 May 2021 10:39 AM PDT

    Any tips for the 3 ruin sentinels in the lost bastille?

    Posted: 03 May 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    As the title says, I'm currently getting wrecked by the 3 ruin sentinels in the lost bastille. They have killed me more than any boss in dsr. I kill the first 1 on the ledge and try bait a second one up so its 1v1 but the 3rd 1 comes up or I get knocked off and have to fight 2v1 on the ground and they keep 2 shotting me.

    submitted by /u/Flat_Duck7115
    [link] [comments]

    Noob advice

    Posted: 03 May 2021 09:13 AM PDT

    So I just started playing dark souls 2, and I was curious what would be some good starting weapons and gear, I've beaten the first two bosses( giant and knight) and was curious what I should use, I am currently using the fire long sword and the falconer set

    submitted by /u/god-Hunter64
    [link] [comments]

    Heide sword droprate

    Posted: 03 May 2021 08:33 AM PDT

    How shit is it, is the trouble worth it? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/agnetplatopus
    [link] [comments]

    Fastest possible run to finish DS2

    Posted: 03 May 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    So I just finished the game and acquired most of the things needed for the platinum trophy. The only things that I don't have are the spells Wellager sells in NG++. Basically I want to know the route to take for an any % speedrun so I can reach NG++ in the shortest possible time.

    submitted by /u/FabioEnchillada
    [link] [comments]

    Damn it feels good being an u n s a v o u r y b a n d i t

    Posted: 03 May 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    Why is DS2 lore better than DS 1/3

    Posted: 02 May 2021 10:56 PM PDT

    Discuss

    Imo I feel that DS2 nails the hopeless/dark aesthetic really well. And most of the plus points stems from its vagueness and unexplained lore. Giving the player a sense of mystery and wonder.

    submitted by /u/kidneytornado
    [link] [comments]

    Ascended Mod

    Posted: 03 May 2021 11:31 AM PDT

    I'm trying to run the ascended mod but whenever I try to patch my dark souls II sotfs directory it always says it's not found. I put this as my directory: D:\SteamLibrary(D)\steamapps\common\Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin\Game\DarkSoulsII.exe It says this: Could not find a part of the path C:\Windows\system32\res\ScholarGameInfo.xml". Is it because I am using my D drive instead of C?

    submitted by /u/Acceptable_Ad421
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a thread, chart or something like that, which shows or describes all major gameplay-and-other-differences between the Souls games? Example in description

    Posted: 03 May 2021 07:33 AM PDT

    For example, here's a comparison of each game's system of human/hollow form, its connection to online play and the HP bar, death and curse:

    DS1: You're hollow by standard and normally after every death. The thing that activates most online activities is called "humanity", you have a counter for it which may fill up from certain combat activities, and you can use that counter to restore humanity at a bonfire. There's also the item "humanity" which you can consume to increase your counter's value. Consuming the item will restore your HP by over 2000 at least. In human form, you look like a normal undead, not like a hollow. Humanity also does some other things that we won't go into now. Your HP are unaffected by being hollow. They are, although, affected by curse, which instantly kills you and halves your maximum HP until you undo the curse.

    DS2: You are hollow by standard and normally after every death. However, online activities are active by standard. You can regain human form by burning a human effigy at a bonfire, but this will not replenish health. After every death or being cursed, you become hollow and your maximum HP is reduced by a bit until it reaches 50%. Burning a human effigy at a bonfire will restore this to 100%, but it will also disable most online activities in that area for 30 minutes, which can be undone though. Unlike in DS1 and DS3, curse does not kill you, but petrification does, and is basically the same thing in DS2 as curse is in the other games. Death by petrification decreases your maximum HP by a much larger bit than normal death/curse do.

    DS3: You are human by standard and can only become hollow through certain interactions with specific NPCs in the world - following a questline. The item that enables most online activities is called "Ember". Upon consuming an ember (from the inventory - no bonfire is needed), your HP are restored, your maximum HP is increased by 30% and you become "kindled"/"enkindled". Neither curse nor death have any lasting penalties afterwards, and curse simply instantly kills you. If you're hollow through the questline, your level of hollowing is increased with every death. If your level of hollowing is 15 or above, you look like a hollow. Hollowing has some other effects that we won't go into now. You can remove your level of hollowing and regain human form/looks by using a purging stone, but undoing the hollowing with the help of a firekeeper is permanent for that playthrough.

    I spent much more time on this than I wanted to... anyway, is there some kind of thread, page, text/article that sums up all of these kinds of differences?

    submitted by /u/Fearless-Physics
    [link] [comments]

    Why I love ADP

    Posted: 02 May 2021 11:02 PM PDT

    You don't need ADP if you dont want it! Thats the whole idea of RPG, you have choise:

    You can upgrade ADP and dodge.

    You can upgrade END, find 85-100% medium shield and block attacks.

    You can upgrade STR and use large shield.

    You can upgrade DEX and parry almost anything, bosses included. And the bosses that you can't parry, usually (not always) you can roll out of attack without need of invincibility frames.

    You can upgrade VIT and VIG to tank attacks and use life gems while somebody attacking you to poise through it.

    You can upgrade FTH and have so many free heals that it's enough to carelessly go through any area.

    You can be ranged and play strategically to position yourself so that you don't need to evade attacks often, and when you do it's predictable charge attack mostly.

    I don't like DS1 and DS3 giving good rolls by default, in DS2 you can build character without dodges, and I think game design goes along with it, I can't remember of top of my head any bosses that made me think "damn that's so hard without ADP!".

    There are so many diverse builds that come into play because you don't need to have good rolls.

    My first time playing friend got Greatsword, upgraded all into STR and HP and was blocking attacks with Greatsword and doing very high DPS without much need to dodge in the first place.

    Another friend was just playing mage and was positioning himself so even in boss battles he had no problems (keep in mind he didn't play any DS before), but he learned how to adapt himself because game doesn't force him to avoid sequences of attacks, he just shot magic, evade boss predictable charge and ran to the same few strategic places on the arenas.

    submitted by /u/Nexerade
    [link] [comments]

    Lucatier

    Posted: 03 May 2021 08:39 AM PDT

    yes I know it is a female character but if in reality it was not binary what do you think?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Alex_il_tizio
    [link] [comments]

    I recently finished dark souls 2 and just wow...

    Posted: 02 May 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    I always hated this game because i could never get passed the chariot boss. But i picked it up again and finished it, and the experience was just incredible. Definitely the most underrated dark souls game. I recommend this to any dark souls fan

    submitted by /u/Legend_Of_Toad64
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment