• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 16, 2021

    Dark Souls I was wrong about Dark Souls Remastered.

    Dark Souls I was wrong about Dark Souls Remastered.


    I was wrong about Dark Souls Remastered.

    Posted: 15 May 2021 10:02 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I've made a post 2 weeks ago about DSR and how I can't get into it after playing Bloodborne and DS3 mainly because felt too slow compared to those games, but thankfully you guys encouraged me to keep going and I did, I started to get used to it and relay on blocking and backstabbing, once I got used to that and the game clicks, it was an amazing journey and I even got the Platinum trophy.

    I really like how areas was connected together and everytime I find a shortcut or secret door it put a smile to my face, gave me a similar experience like Bloodborne.

    It may seems unpopular opinion but I like the second half of the game, I like how they made some areas accessible but difficult without some items to back you up like in catacombs which is accessible from the beginning but it's a pain unless you have a divine weapon, tomb of giants needs a light, new londo needs you to be cursed, etc.

    All in all Dark Souls remastered is a masterpiece and I'm glad that I stick to it to the end, I won't do it without your encouragement.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Lazyboss101
    [link] [comments]

    I think Gwyn doesn’t get enough credit

    Posted: 15 May 2021 04:06 PM PDT

    So Gwyn is not supposed to be super difficult, right? He is an old man in his last leg protecting the flame. In the case of the lore, he is at only a fraction of his true strength. And we all know how hilariously easy he is to beat when you simply parry his attacks.

    But has anyone here attempted to beat Gwyn without summoning? Without parrying? A fair one-on-one with the Lord of Cinder? Lemme tell you, it's not fun.

    His attacks are extremely fast, long reaching, and hit like a truck when he is close. And Gwyn is VERY fast. His fire weakness helps, but my point still stands.

    And I think most of all, the opportunities to heal in the fight are as scarce as they come. The only time I think it's even possible to get a full Estus is off is after he whiffs a grab, and you have to be fast on the draw for even THAT.

    So, Gwyn is meant to be easy? With parrying? I would say so, yes. But without it? I would say he one of the hardest foes to overcome in the game. Does anyone else see where I'm coming from?

    P.S I have used every thing in my arsenal to boost my fire defense, and have been wielding a Furysword+5 due to its reach and hefty fire damage. And this is still the hardest fight in the game for me. (Ive beaten the game 4 times, for anyone wondering)

    submitted by /u/Technician_Frosty
    [link] [comments]

    Journey to Ash Lake.

    Posted: 15 May 2021 08:10 AM PDT

    DISCLAIMER: I just want to make it perfectly clear that this event does not condone escapism; using any video game as a cure for the tough things you may be going through in your life. Instead it's to acknowledge that there are many members of this community who are having a tough run at life and Dark Souls is a great place to just take a step back from all that and breathe.

    Please if you are struggling with any sort of difficulties in your life, find the professional help you require. Do not rely on video games as your treatment. But whenever you need a break from it all, Dark Souls and it's community is here for you.


    At the beginning of the year this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/kwak1i/a_tale_about_ash_lake_and_abuse/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf was posted to this subreddit. Please go see and upvote/comment on the original post but long story short, OP was having a tough time in life and a journey into Ash lake gave OP a little bit of rest from their hardships.

    I and a lot of you in the community thought it would be a really cool idea to honour people like OP who are having a rough go of it and who have video games and communities like Dark Souls to just take a break from the BS life can throw at us. So as a group we decided that May 15th would begin the Journey to Ash Lake which would end on May 16th(OP's cake day) a SUNday.

    An event where we can take a pilgrimage to Ash Lake and leave a message of hope and encouragement for anyone having a bad day, week, month, or year. Lest they go Hollow.

    submitted by /u/TheMadHattah
    [link] [comments]

    Patches is Actually a Bro

    Posted: 16 May 2021 02:27 AM PDT

    Technically I'm spanning both DS1 and 3 + Ringed City DLC here, but I wanted to discuss how Patches himself is actually a real bro of a character.

    First off, clearly we all know that Patches is an asshole. He goes out of his way, at least once in every DS game featuring him (and possibly in Bloodborne since he apparently cameos once there) to try and kill us, and there are a lot of people who he's likely killed in the past.

    But! Patches actually teaches us a very valuable lesson every time. Maybe it's his true reason, maybe he's making it up, but he always makes a point to remind us that it's our greed which put us here. Patches is an asshole, but he's always teaching us not to give in to blind greed and trust everyone we meet because we think they're on our side.

    Not to mention, if you survive and forgive patches, he always pays you back. Patches is a friend til the end when he becomes your friend. He shows this really well in DSIII because he (and this is spoilers (minor spoilers), so skip the rest of this paragraph of you care) goes out of his way to save Greirat the Thief when he learns Greirat is in trouble, because Greirat is his friend, who survived a trap just like we do by talking his way out of it.

    This alone proves that when Patches says he has your back, he has your effing back. At risk of life and limb. Of course, he's still an asshole and he doesn't want you to know that he's the one who helped you out.

    TL;DR patches can't help but be an asshole, but if you can forgive him for that, he has your back.

    submitted by /u/PonkingtonHeights
    [link] [comments]

    Bloodborne

    Posted: 15 May 2021 07:10 PM PDT

    Has anyone played bloodborne? If so what are your thoughts I beat dark souls 1 I wanna play the other 2 but I'm considering playing bloodborne first.

    submitted by /u/D3ADP00LAT420
    [link] [comments]

    need an honest answer here

    Posted: 15 May 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    as someone who just plays video games casually every once in awhile and isn't particularly skilled - is this game worth my time? i've attempted the tutorial boss 5 or 6 times and already feel myself losing interest.

    submitted by /u/Pxlate2
    [link] [comments]

    There’s people who go to space, there’s people who can climb Everest, there’s people who become billionaires and then there’s people who can speedrun Dark Souls ��

    Posted: 16 May 2021 03:03 AM PDT

    I mean that in a complimentary way 💙coz I'm still sat at Anor London with my halberd

    submitted by /u/Dougy120
    [link] [comments]

    Should I try DS2?

    Posted: 15 May 2021 09:22 AM PDT

    So after watching YouTubers and friends play I played Dark Souls myself for the first time. Experience was kinda spoiled since I had before hand knowledge about some stuff, but I still enjoyed the experience. At the end I managed to finish my Smough cosplay. Now I intended to just play DS3 or maybe try the infamous DS2. I am aware of the issues (I saw all the videos, really enjoyed Maulers vid), but there is this feeling of at least trying to beat it just so I can say I beat it. If yes then what should I watch out for before starting to play DS2.

    submitted by /u/Inferior64
    [link] [comments]

    Just completed my first no shield run

    Posted: 15 May 2021 11:58 AM PDT

    I'm absolutely shocked, and proud of myself that I somehow managed to pull off a no shield run of the game (without summons too!). Sorry for the long post ahead.

    This was my third run of Dark Souls. My first run I did a strength build, got my ass KICKED and had to use summons for pretty much every fight (didn't do the DLC then).

    My second run I did an OP mage/pyro build, beat everything including the DLC. For the DLC I thought "there's NO way I could do this not as a mage, these bosses are simply too strong to fight up close".

    Then I decided to try a no shield run just for shits thinking I wouldn't get very far since I relied HEAVILY on a shield to get through the game before. But now I don't think I can go back to using a shield.

    I was surprised how many moves can be dodged by simply just walking out of the way. I also realized how much less I was getting hit during fights since I didn't have my shield to fall back on.

    I thought I was going to get stopped at the gargoyles, since other runs I've tried after my mage run this is where I usually gave up. But I beat them on the third try.

    I used a Halberd for my entire run. +15 Halberd absolutely slaps. For gear I had a grass crest shield on my back for stamina recovery. Then used the Ring of FaP, and a Wolf Ring for Poise since I just used light gear (went for fashion souls lol, besides a few specific fights where I needed resistances or needed to tank).

    Once I got the Lord Souls I considered just skipping the DLC since I remembered how hard Artorias, Kalameet and Manus were. But I ultimately decided to try it…AND I BEAT IT. Yes, I has to cheese a bit and use Havel's Armour to tank hits for Artorias and Manus, but I'm still shocked I survived them without a shield (especially Manus). Kalameet was the hardest since it took a bit to pick up his patterns (but beat him without using Havel's armour!)

    Then finally came the fight I worried about the most, Gwyn. It only took me 4 tries to beat him. By this point my dodges and rolls were on point. In the last attempt when he had 1 hit left it felt like a solid straight minute where I dodged every one of his attacks to wait for an opening. Ngl, it felt badass as hell.

    Going from taking 6 hours to get past Taurus Demon my first time playing the game to getting through with no shield a month and a half later feels like such a huge accomplishment. I love this game.

    Not sure what to do for my next run tbh. Idk if I should try a no armour run, a SL 1 run, or a Bow Only run. Or try NG+.

    submitted by /u/SaidTheEmu
    [link] [comments]

    I wanna play DS again

    Posted: 15 May 2021 07:13 PM PDT

    Okay, so, I haven't played in years, and I haven't finished the game since it crashed on me, or because I kept getting killed by other people, idk.

    What are some things I can do to help myself get better?

    submitted by /u/LeanLoud
    [link] [comments]

    Rant: those fucking catacombs

    Posted: 16 May 2021 03:39 AM PDT

    I despise the catacombs and that motherfucking tomb of the giants. Who the hell thought this shit is playable and belongs in a game. Not just the fucking Necromancers where you either have to make a special weapon just for that or walk through the entire area with an unstoppable army right at your ass. But the biggest complain I have are those disgusting skeleton wheels. There are like 7 of them at the bottom and they all attack you at once. What the hell? And they do like a bazilion damage each. If you're lucky you might take one of them with you. This is such bullshit, I just lost 80.000 Souls because of them. I hate those fucking things and I think they should've never been made. And in tomb of the giants you CANNOT FUCKING SEE. Who thought that would be a good idea? So you either have to put away your shield and one hand your weapon to hold the bloody skull lantern or you gotta give up your helm spot for a lost Izalith parasite. This is worse than nearly every area in all 3 dark souls games with a debatable exeption of maybe Reinders fuck land.

    Rant over.

    submitted by /u/Vipers_Northstar
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys I really need a straight sword hilt +10

    Posted: 15 May 2021 09:13 PM PDT

    If anyone has a spare one please give me one I need it to make the greatsword of artorias I'm on pc btw

    submitted by /u/ZEROforZED
    [link] [comments]

    Build PVE

    Posted: 16 May 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    I can't get enough of dark souls, someone can suggest a malee build for pve. Or link some sites where i can find some of them. Thanks for every reply.

    submitted by /u/Vinstark7
    [link] [comments]

    THANK YOU!

    Posted: 15 May 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    Thanks to you guys I've beaten the gargoyles and rang that bell! My wifes reaction to the cut scene: " that was underwhelming " while looking how proud I was and wondering why she married me.

    On a side: anything they drop that I should keep?

    Thanks again. The friendly and welcoming community made the game that much better.

    submitted by /u/Maleficent_Spend_747
    [link] [comments]

    Voltron Invasion?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 02:24 AM PDT

    Recently saw a YouTube short of a plyaer and his friends trolling an invader by having multiple people clip into one guy, with each of the people being invisible except for a single body part or item their holding. When the invader get's close and does some friendly greeting, they separate like Voltron. The "guy" was wielding two axes and had either the Abyss Watchers hat or another pointy hat.

    Anyone know what video it is, and where I can find it?

    submitted by /u/iatethecookiedough
    [link] [comments]

    Finally starting my first pvp build can anybody on PlayStation drop souls

    Posted: 16 May 2021 02:15 AM PDT

    Anybody else have trouble with Gwyn?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 01:08 AM PDT

    In all of my playthroughs I jus5 fucking desimate everything and anything, I first or second try o&s Everytime but when I get to Gwyn I get fucked, usually 10+ attempts. Anybody else get railed by Gwyn?

    P.S stop giving advice like "just parry him" parrying is hard and annoying actual best strat is get highest damage weapon you have equip full Havel's and walk at him unstaggered and undamaged for the whole ass fight

    submitted by /u/Cosmic-Communist
    [link] [comments]

    Jolly co-op

    Posted: 15 May 2021 06:58 PM PDT

    Ps4 ds2 14k cardinal tower co-op?

    submitted by /u/Top_Put1105
    [link] [comments]

    Does it ever get to point when you think - Why am I putting myself through this?

    Posted: 15 May 2021 02:19 PM PDT

    Just passed the archers at Anor Londo🤕🤒

    submitted by /u/Dougy120
    [link] [comments]

    Question about dlc and stuff

    Posted: 15 May 2021 03:01 PM PDT

    So im at the kiln of the first flame but i need to know, if i beet the final boss can i go back and beat the other bosses i didnt do or does everything just become inacesable?

    submitted by /u/green_grassy_land
    [link] [comments]

    Challenger's Depths Weekly Challenge:

    Posted: 15 May 2021 04:28 PM PDT

    How many weapons can you obtain in DS1 within a 30 minute timeframe? (RTA).Weapons exclude all talismans and catalysts. Bows are considered weapons. (Basically any bows/crossbows and anything you can stab/slash/bonk with excluding catalysts of any kind).

    Send in your submissions here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNURTmHl7Z3YzdwgTYkmLs3nW5_M-tT149WN403_H-a0iMng/viewform?usp=sf_linkJoin the discord here: https://discord.gg/SNSmN6qCAj

    Info about Challenger's Depths: Challenger's Depths is a discord server with over 700 members that brings you the ability to create whatever challenge you want. The best part? You can make as many as you like and you can play as many as you like from other people.

    A full list of our challenges can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11HrMgEuWltet07AZXuqcD498fnkhzJBuzyuMfNChZMk/edit?usp=sharingA leaderboard can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eq98DChkxSc9BhfW3J4_B7LFooc421uCq57RqCXUhMI/edit?usp=sharingAnd lastly, an archive of previous runs can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WTB9P-LzYULZH1-SkuXutZhVyKY_30AfI_tIg2IPP6U/edit?usp=sharing

    Good luck!!! I can't wait to see your guys's submissions for this!!!
    Your submissions will only be entered into our sheets if you join the discord. We wouldn't want to have names on our sheets of people who aren't actually a part of the discord.

    submitted by /u/hungryhyena78
    [link] [comments]

    Is this the best souls game to start with?

    Posted: 15 May 2021 02:56 PM PDT

    Wanted to get into the series and would the classic game be the best to start with?

    submitted by /u/Ok_Climate_7236
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment