• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 18, 2021

    Dark Souls All of you piss me off. I think I’m a cynic

    Dark Souls All of you piss me off. I think I’m a cynic


    All of you piss me off. I think I’m a cynic

    Posted: 17 May 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    For some background info, I am not a huge poster. I post rarely and really only do it for niche info and whatnot. So, I end up reading posts on all the subreddits I follow, especially this one. And I have to say this:

    All of you at incredibly wholesome and wonderful people.

    It's baffling to me. Usually in "communities" you'd easily find toxicity whether it be towards new players, the devs, gameplay, or really anything in-between. And this is even FURTHER reinforced by games with high-skill ceilings or strong difficulties. Dark souls is in no way different, yet every-time I scroll through my phone and see a dark souls post it's filled with nothing but great vibes, people sharing their experiences with bosses and their favorite parts of each game, or a story about how dark souls got you through an incredibly rough time in your life.

    It pisses me off. WHY CANT OTHER COMMUNITIES BE THIS WAY??

    This is an ACTUAL COMMUNITY! I love it. I love how much I hate that it's not seen more

    submitted by /u/lytedemon
    [link] [comments]

    To the player I battled several times today (The Depths bonfire)

    Posted: 17 May 2021 09:14 PM PDT

    My plan was to farm humanity in The Depths. I was in human form which left me open to invasions. No worries. Practice is good.

    I had 3 soft humanity and 5 hard humanity. I got to work farming rats -> bonfire -> rats -> bonfire. 30 minutes or so go by with no takers but then suddenly I got invaded by you. You proceed to smash me. I dusted myself off, grabbed my blood stain, and got back to work farming. I still had soft humanity so... why not reverse hollowing? 15 more minutes or so go by and I get invaded by you again (with similar results). This went on a few more times. I didn't mind though. I was getting practice and my numbers were going up.

    Then suddenly my work pinged me. I happened to be at the bonfire when this happened, so I quickly muted Dark Souls, set my controller down, and hopped on to a video call (Dark Souls on a different monitor). As I'm on camera answering technical questions, I glanced up to see that you're back again! You were emoting and doing circles around my AFK character trying to get my attention for a fair fight. I begin to panic. I'm on a video call, but... MY SOULS! MY PRIDE! While trying to keep my composure I picked up my controller, un-armed myself, removed my armor, and turned my back to you. I waited for you to end it. At least I'd be able to pick up my stain at the bonfire, right?

    To my delight, you chose not to do that and instead returned to your world. I didn't catch your handle... but thank you for being cool! I felt a sense of pride. Hope to see you again.

    submitted by /u/sneeden
    [link] [comments]

    Black Knight Great Sword

    Posted: 17 May 2021 06:18 AM PDT

    So, last night I made it to Kiln of the First Flame for the very first time! (cue applause) And I started fighting the black knights there, the second one holding the BK great sword, which I want very badly. I have a BK Sword +4 currently and it's done me very well for probably 50% of my playthrough at this point. I ended up killing all of the BKs in the area and making it to Gwyn (and dying very quickly) and they all dropped items except the one with the GS. I now have the full BK armor set, sword, shield, halberd, and great axe, but no great sword. I am wearing the gold covetous serpent ring, I might try using more soft humanity but also afraid of losing it all. But it's a good spot to farm chunks and hope for item drops.

    Edit: I didn't expect this post to get more than even 5 upvotes. I just want to say that the DS community is the most friendly and supportive community that I've been a part of in gaming (coming from a Rocket League and CoD enthusiast as well) So thank you all and Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/avgjoeyyy
    [link] [comments]

    I just got invaded and instantly killed in a weird way by a definitive hacker.

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:53 AM PDT

    This happened not even 5 minutes ago at the time of writing. I'm currently creating a new build for fun and just right now, I was in Blighttown at the bottom, the bonfire before Quelaag. Suddenly, I get invaded by "Jeff Magnum" and the following things all happen instantly:

    - My screen is zoomed in (everything appeared larger, I could hardly recognize what I saw just a second before, it's as if my FOV suddenly turned to 30 or so)

    - I'm getting frozen crystallized as if I was being cursed. I also die.

    - I'm ACTUALLY being cursed. This mf cursed me. He wasn't even there, his mere presence at the second of invading did this.

    - My humanity is restored like 10000 billion times.

    - All my fucking worn equipment's durability is degraded to zero.

    - From what I read on someone else who had this very same thing happen to them (apparently this is a known hack), I'm probably also egg-infested now. Great. This means I'll get half souls on Quelaag... fuck this shit.

    I wonder whether there are any other things I didn't notice yet. Are there? Are there like permanent stat changes or something that now basically just ruined my character unrepairably? Is something of my data corrupted in a way that could get me banned (e.g. he put hacked items in my inventory which would ban me)

    Any info would be very helpful, thank you!

    Lastly... How smol does someones pp have to be to do such things? I think the size is negative.

    What's the point? Feel better? How miserable does someones life have to be to do shit like this to others to feel better? It's unbelievable... Real life disgusting hollow right there.

    submitted by /u/Fearless-Physics
    [link] [comments]

    About an Easy mode in Dark Souls and "elitism"

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:58 AM PDT

    Sorry for bringing this topic up again but I have to vent a bit.

    I'm so sick and tired of being called an elitist over this and seeing it happen to others as well. At least for me personally, it's not that I'm somehow gatekeeping and don't want others to be able to play. It's that you want to change something that I love and I hate that. The Dark Souls series is one of my absolute favorites and Dark Souls 1 in particular is probably my favorite game of all time. The difficulty is a highly integral part of this and it has been very finely tuned in order to provide the player with an experience unlike any other.

    I like this game just the way it is, thank you very much. Dark Souls is a lot more about being patient than about being mechanically skilled, anyway.

    (Also, not everything should be for everyone. Ask yourself, do you listen to every genre of music, or watch every type of film? If that would be the case then everything would lose its edge and become diluted.)

    submitted by /u/Getabock_
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat o and s.

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:02 AM PDT

    Finnaly on my 7 try i won, my first blind playthrough. i must say i love this duo. but, i am in doubt to where i should go now. kaathe told me to get the four lord souls, nito,izaleth,seath and four kings. i don't want any spoilers. i want to know where i should go next .Praise The Sun!

    submitted by /u/Gunmershooter
    [link] [comments]

    How to get out of tomb of the giants without lordvessel or turning over the bridge?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:59 AM PDT

    I'm in NG+ and I used the speedrun route to kill Pinwheel. As the idiot I am, I decided ti rest at the tomb of the giants bonfire and now I am stuck please help.

    submitted by /u/MEME_PERSON1096
    [link] [comments]

    I kept reading about people hating New Londo Ruins. Then I went there.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 08:26 PM PDT

    Lightning Zweihander +5, transient curses stocked up. I go in, and hey, this is a cool area! Eerie blue lights, spooky music, ghosts, what's not to like? This actually might be one of my favorite areas in the game so far.

    Then I lower the water. What the fuck. The hundreds of pasty yellowed bodies, the squelch and crunch of wet bones under your feet, the horrific blob-like enemies that seem to be an accretion of the suffering people of New Londo.

    I beat the four kings and got out fast as I could. Missed a chest behind an illusory wall but no fucking way I'm going back.

    The sheer horror of what was done at New Londo...holy fuck.

    But you can farm precious titanite chunks from Dark Wraiths, so I probably WILL be going back. God this game makes me do things I don't want to.

    submitted by /u/OPsSecretAccount
    [link] [comments]

    First time encountering bed of chaos, and I beat it first try. Give me praise

    Posted: 17 May 2021 09:41 AM PDT

    I'm on my first playthrough of the game and I beat bed of chaos first try.

    submitted by /u/johnnywhorton
    [link] [comments]

    Framerate drops when fighting Sif and Artorias

    Posted: 18 May 2021 03:06 AM PDT

    Is this normal? I'm playing the remastered version.

    Edit: it doesn't really lag with Artorias, only when he uses some of his attacks

    submitted by /u/lexyp29
    [link] [comments]

    Looking back navigating Blighttown was one of the best moments in the game for me

    Posted: 17 May 2021 08:21 AM PDT

    Blighttown gets a lot of hate, and honestly after my first run I always take the back route through Valley of Drakes, and usually get in and out as fast as I can.

    But looking back, my first experience in Blighttown is up there with my first experience in Anor Londo.

    I've heard bad things about Blighttown online. Every time I'd go and try to kill the Gaping Dragon I'd see those big locked iron doors looking intimidating as hell. I was super apprehensive about having to go there after.

    When I finally got the key, opening the door and the sudden shift in lighting to green scared the hell out of me. I was scared of what was ahead. Getting down and getting demolished by the Ogres multiple times made it even worse. I eventually looked at a map and BOLTED to the first bonfire (in upper Blighttown), where I started exploring the area.

    Navigating the rickety walkways, seeing enemies coming at me from the darkness around every corner, being pelted by the toxic archers made it a slow, slog trying to find a way to the lower level. It took hours just to get through because I couldn't figure out the path down.

    Getting down there and finding a bonfire felt like such a relief…just to now have to navigate through all of the poison to Queelag!

    Finally beating her, ringing the second bell and realizing you had to make the trek all the way back up was satisfying, but also a bit defeating! The journey back up was easier, but by no means easy!

    So yes, while I rush through this section now I think my first journey represents perfectly what the Dark Souls experience is. It was brutal, challenging, and kept you on your toes the whole time.

    That being said, I had the luxury of doing this with a good frame rate lol. Since I know that was a big issue for people who played before the remaster.

    submitted by /u/SaidTheEmu
    [link] [comments]

    how to kick in this game?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 11:57 PM PDT

    I have done it so many times on accident and got killed, but it never happens when I need it. I don't even know the keys to kick it just happens randomly

    I play on my PC with my keyboard btw

    submitted by /u/legz2006
    [link] [comments]

    There are people playing on switch?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 10:28 PM PDT

    I have around 400 hours in the game, but I only managed to get summoned three times and to get invaded once.

    There is some password or some areas where it's pretty easy to find people to play with?

    p.s. = sorry for my bad English

    submitted by /u/_Mauro__
    [link] [comments]

    As people who are dark souls fans, what is the saddest moment of your lifetime and greatest fears?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 09:25 PM PDT

    Wanted to know if there is any connection as gamers to dark soulks

    submitted by /u/_Orangutan_s
    [link] [comments]

    My favorite SL50 light bleed/pyro build

    Posted: 17 May 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    Stats: Vitality 20, Attunement 12, Endurance 20, Strength 20, Dex 28, Resist 12, Int 12, Faith 8. Starting class: Wanderer. Gift: Master Key.

    Equipment: Weapons: Flamberge in right hand, Shotel and Pyromancy Flame in left. Armor: Anything you want, just keep it light. My favorite armor combo that works well and looks really good is Hollow Thief's Hood, Hollow Thief's Leather Armor, Wanderer Manchette, and Black Leather Boots. Rings: Dark Wood Grain Ring, and FaP Ring. Items: Estus(duh) Charcoal Pine Resin, and Homeward Bone. Magic: Power Within, and Great Combustion(substitute Fire Tempest for Great Combustion if you want).

    In my experience, this build is an absolute blast to play with in PvP, and it utilizes some weapons and equipment that you might otherwise overlook. I shouldn't even have to mention how absolutely sick it looks with the armor combo described.

    submitted by /u/QuiFong
    [link] [comments]

    Got the fastest Kalameet tail cut ever in coop today! Thought I would share it with you guys as his tail is usually a total bitch to get.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 05:47 AM PDT

    Hey, I'm looking at getting into 3D modelling as a hobby, and what better place to start than our tried and true Zweihander?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 11:44 PM PDT

    I'm taking a CAD class to eventually pursue other software related to my prospective career choice, but I forgot how engrossed I was with making my own 3D models when I first took a class in it when I was younger. I start class later today, and I felt I ought to make a few models the week before, including this.

    This game/community at large is great, and has been a big part of my life like many others of you. It's fine time I give back to it. I know it's not exactly polished, and when I do polish it, I'll post again. Figured some of you might appreciate what I have so far, especially having not taken a class in the software in 4 years. There's a couple more in my profile if you liked these.

    submitted by /u/Superimposing4ss
    [link] [comments]

    TIL toggle escapes are an intended mechanic

    Posted: 17 May 2021 01:13 PM PDT

    As many of you probably know, toggle escaping, often shortened to just toggling, is a common pvp technique to avoid being staggered. To do it, you simply toggle your weapon in either hand. It only works against medium and long stagger, but those are extremely common, so it's worth knowing to avoid being stunlocked to death.

    Apparently, medium and long stagger animations all have a 1 frame JumpTable[0], 32: End If Weapon Switch Queued.tae entry, which checks if you have a queued toggle near the beginning of the animation (frame 1 for medium, frame 11 for long). This means if you have a queued toggle during those frames, the stagger animation automatically ends.

    For a bit more on stored toggles and their applications, check out https://youtu.be/2sxTTwxwK0A

    Miyazaki intended toggles. Wonder what else that seems like a glitch was intended?

    EDIT: undakovrist just made short stagger toggleable by editing the .tae lol: https://youtu.be/Yk8w6z5YaD0

    submitted by /u/TheOneLeftFoot
    [link] [comments]

    I love dark souls cos it makes sense to me.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 03:56 PM PDT

    I had heard of ds being a very hard game so i avoided it at all costs. I didn't want to make my experience hard. Why would i? But one day i went over to my mates house He was playing dark souls and we decided to try level by level, death by death, but because of our equally stubborn gaming behaviour we agreed that we would not go anywhere until we had beaten the skeletons. We went at them for about an hour with swords and had gotten no where until i pondered wether the mace might work better at smashing bones than a sword?

    And it worked.

    I was stunned and amazed.

    Few years later I rent dark souls 2 pre update. I could repair rings of sacrifice. It was excellent. I could go where ever with out worrying about losing all my souls. I farmed heides tower for a week if im honest and loved how powerful i was becoming but returned it before i had progressed any further.

    4 years later i went into gamestop and saw ds3 game of the year edition for dirt cheap and thought fuck it. Best game i had ever played. I got so engrossed in the lore and the placement of items and the combat mechanics.

    Omg the combat mechanics.

    I loved how maces work better on skeletons than any thing else. (And armour but not my point) how shotels hit behind a shield cos of course they would, how daggers hit for really high damage on a back stab cos your aiming for the spine, and how a hammer has shockingly high stagger damage.

    The intricacies of this game have always astounded me but what intrigues me more is how you can finish the game as rewardingly? as anyone else without paying attention to any of it.

    The game doesn't require the in depth knowledge of all its workings to have a rewarding serotonin hit from its completion while still rewarding the pursuit of understanding by passing areas more quickly through investigation and victory than just kill untill checkpoint. It doesnt matter what route you take, if you can perfect your style and use your awareness its difficult to describe the feeling of parrying gwen to death to someone who hasn't experienced it

    I have since plat every soulsborne except sekiro and demon souls but once i have conquered sekiro i will get a ps5 for demon souls and begin the next stage of my gaming carreer.

    Ive loved all of it.

    Watching the interactions between ye on this page has shown me that the ds community are beautiful people who love beating up bosses and each other with equal fervour and whichever side of that line you lie on dont go hollow. Signs of others who are willing to help are all around you. You just need enough humanity/effigies/embers/knowledge to be able to recognise them.

    I love you all. TL:DR I love dark souls.

    submitted by /u/butch-peterson85
    [link] [comments]

    How would the age of dark affect magic?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 05:47 PM PDT

    I feel like dark sourceries, dark miracles and dark pyromancies would become more powerfull. But how would it affect the rest?

    Pyromancy becomes more powerfull depending on how many souls you feed it so I doubt it would be affected all that much, worst case scenario it would stagnate.

    Miracles are signifacantly weakend in dark souls 3 that could be because the flame is weakend but I kinda doubt it. It is mostly just because parts of the story's have been lost for instance force is just a really weakend wrath of the gods. And miracles are just story's and our faith in those storys is what allows us to cast them. I just don't see how the flame work into it. Since it seems to just be that parts of the story's have been forgotten.

    Sorceries wouldn't really be affected that much I guess I mean sorcerie is litterly studying the world around you and manipulating it. I doubt the age of dark would affect it that much.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/wobsbobs
    [link] [comments]

    An Alternate Universe Where Dark Souls Was Released on the Tiger Game.Com

    Posted: 17 May 2021 08:48 PM PDT

    Pictures

    Excerpt from Dailymotion video game reviewer, VaatiVidya:

    "Looking further back, I found that there was, in fact, a version planned for the original Sony Playstation. There are several images and even blurry footage of an E3 trailer floating around of this version, but sadly, it seems it was canceled last minute due to budget constraints, leaving only this shoddy gamecom port to be released. Even odder is that some would object to my demeaning of this little game. Yes, this game has garnered a cult following in the two decades since its release, many claiming that 'it is the only legitimate reason to own a Tiger Gamecom.'…

    … "Yes, despite its interesting ideas and story (what little there is,) it seems Dark Souls is simply a tragic tale of what could've been. Between the overly dark giants tomb, the downright unfair boss designs, and the trial and error gameplay, Dark Souls just does not hold up. It really is a shame too, if From Software hadn't gone defunct after the release of Ninja Blade 4 in 2012, we maybe could've gotten another shot at that Playstation version. It looked like it had some interesting ideas, and seemed like it may have explained things like that weird Y-posing knight, or why we light ourselves on fire in the ending."

    submitted by /u/Axelbrine
    [link] [comments]

    ornstein and smough felt too easy?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 04:54 AM PDT

    i was super nervous for this boss fight after hearing it hyped up a lot since this is my first time playing a souls game (remastered on the switch). however, i didn't wanna cheese it and i wanted a challenge (and better loot), so i decided to kill smough first and not summon solaire. i'm a dex/melee build and i try to avoid heavy armor so i combined havel's ring and the fap ring so i could have a fast roll, which i think helped a lot. i ended up succeeding on my third attempt, and i was excited, but also a bit let down. did i miss something? thoughts?

    submitted by /u/ligokleftis
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Sudoku in the Manus bossfight

    Posted: 17 May 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    ...or playing Dark Souls during a round of Sudoku, however you want to look at it.

    https://youtu.be/c3no9oH9aUw

    submitted by /u/astorascrub
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the current state of original ds1 online playability?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 10:39 PM PDT

    I've tried searching for this but it's not clear, is the online dead? what about consoles? how does xbox 360 backward compatibility work? is pc online only available through a $100 g2a steam key? if so, how does the online work through gfwl? is any of this affected by ptde or what? im so lost...

    submitted by /u/thorpy123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment