• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 11, 2021

    Dark Souls To the person who invaded me

    Dark Souls To the person who invaded me


    To the person who invaded me

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    To the person who invaded me and saw I was having a hard time with the balder knights in the parish church, thanks for cheering me on and watching over. Also thank you for the 99 soul of a proud knight, 10 Elizabeth mushrooms, 10 green blossoms and many other goodies. You're the real MVP!! Thank you!!!

    submitted by /u/manzzini
    [link] [comments]

    What is the huge, blue ocean that can be seen through the large cracks in the Tomb of Giants

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 10:48 PM PDT

    I know you can see a part of demon ruins but ever since I laid my eyes on that gorgeous view, whenever I pass through I always spend at least a minute just staring at the amazing scenery of the monstrous tree roots buried in the deep, blue ocean. I have researched for even just a name but my searches have all lead to a dead end... so I thought, I should ask the other chosen undeads here! I don't need sleep I need answers

    submitted by /u/bonkbot69420
    [link] [comments]

    Darksouls confession time.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 11:42 PM PDT

    I have played Darksouls since its OG launch in 2011. I have beaten the game over and over again, same goes with 2, 3, and even remastered. And yet not once ever in my career playing this beautiful game have I ever been to Ash Lake. Not because of any difficulty getting there or the lack of a desire to go, I just simply never have had need and desire overlap at the same time to bother to make the trip.

    submitted by /u/blazeracid
    [link] [comments]

    Music in the Painted world of Ariamis

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 09:20 PM PDT

    Always wondered why there is background music in the area with the impaled corpses. Anyway not really a discussion but wanted to point it out in case somebody didn't notice

    submitted by /u/Lukasoc
    [link] [comments]

    A big thank you to the guy who invaded us last night.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 02:06 AM PDT

    I cant remember your username but you chased me and my friend from undead parish down to the spire where there is a ladder that leads down to the rats and a stairwell that leads up to a black knight.

    When we turned to face you and ultimately face our deaths you shocked us both by supplying us with 15 titanite shards, 15 green titaninte, 15 twinkling and I think maybe a titanite slab or chunk.. I cant remember.

    We just wanted to let you know that you rock. You've set us up real good.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/SnippyWharf
    [link] [comments]

    So what's the deal with people thinking using summons in PvE is casual play?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 11:12 PM PDT

    I don't know if I've just never noticed it but just recently I'm seeing a lot of people regard the multiplayer capabilities in Dark Souls as negative, like if you summon you're trash and this opinion extends to NPC summons.

    Has this actually always been a viewpoint? If so.. why???

    Like it's cool if you play on your own, it's cool if you play this game however you want considering how versatile it is but why is it considered bad to summon people in PvE? Especially NPC summons, most of the time they're there for a reason and a lot of the times you've done quests to unlock them as a summon, so to not then use them is pretty weird to me.

    It just seems like such a weird take to gatekeep on.

    submitted by /u/Skenghis-Khan
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Fat Arse and Slidey McFuck for the first time

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    Currently on my first ever play through of a Souls game and these fuckers ruined my life. I've been dreaming about them for the past 2 nights. Started seeing them in my tea in the mornings. I've practically been strafing around my two housemates shouting obscenities. Just slapped the tits off them both and am over the moon. A few beers deep I'd had it up to high heaven with the bastards and decided to go full on aggression castration position on Ornstein after making sure fatty never gets to the buffet again. I beat him with about 10 hit points left. None of my friends play Dark Souls so here I sit, beer down my shirt and a beautiful disbelief in my heart knowing that you lot will understand the magnitude of the situation. I can do anything. Peace

    submitted by /u/No_City_1731
    [link] [comments]

    DARK SOULS: REMASTERED is a remake of the first game, and a good place to start the game series, right?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    Just to make sure I'm buying the right game

    submitted by /u/RekSause
    [link] [comments]

    Best pve str weapon?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 10:19 PM PDT

    So I'm currently running a shield and (insert any good str weapon here) str build, and have no idea what weapon to pick up. Right now I have the bloodshield/crest shield, man serpent greatsword, havels armor set, ring of steel protection, and havel's ring. My stats are 33 vitality, 44 endurance, and 40 str. What weapon should I use for maximum dmg while still using 1 hand? (Side note, I would prefer to keep havels armor, but it's super heavy so I'm willing to downgrade if need be.)

    submitted by /u/MasterChiefAlt2
    [link] [comments]

    New Londo Ruins

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:53 PM PDT

    Fuck me this place is scary. I've been jumpscared 3 times by other players 'ghosts' never mind the atrocities lurking around the corners. Lost 20k souls jumping the staircase without the Artorius ring too 🥳

    Anyone else get creeped out by this place too or any other places?

    submitted by /u/FfunnyFfrend
    [link] [comments]

    How do I remove the goo thing ceaseless discharge put on my head?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 01:53 PM PDT

    After the fight I noticed that I cannot wear a helmet and that there is this strange hardened goo thing on my head.

    submitted by /u/I_cant_reset_my_name
    [link] [comments]

    How do I deal with the Anor Londo Archers

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 08:56 PM PDT

    I just got to Anor Londo and I got the center spinny bridge to connect with the first bonfire. After I deal with the knight and bat demons, I keep getting destroyed by the two archers while running up. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/cthulhUA90
    [link] [comments]

    Tips on Gaping Dragon

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:03 AM PDT

    Difficult at best

    submitted by /u/Popular-Tea7311
    [link] [comments]

    Top 5 worst areas in dsr

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    Dark souls remastered is well known for having some good, memorable areas in a perfect pace game of dark souls. However, this list is the opposite. These areas are bad for many reasons or a major reason only. Theses factors is going to be explained later from the disclaimers that I'm going to talk about.

    Disclaimers:

    1.Opinion:

    As always, this is my personal opinion. If you like the area that's in the list, don't be too mad. Otherwise, it's fine to disagree.

    2.Including:

    I'm mostly including the available areas that are in the previous dark souls 1. However, I'm not including hub areas like the firelink shrine and quelagg's domain, since these two places are not full on areas.

    3.Based on:

    This list is based on how bad these areas are in terms of difficulty, playability, treasury, enemy variety, visual design and the mechanics of the area itself. Other factors can be determine.

    After this stuff out of the way, here's the top 5 worst areas in Dark souls 1/remastered.

    5. Demon ruins:

    While the demon ruins has a nice shortcut to lost izalith and the sunlight worm or whatever, and in this shortcut, there's a titanite demon that can respawn, making it the best way to farm demon titanite. However, this is when the positives ends, as this area is an absolute mess. The enemy variety is just basically reskins of the bosses that you fought earlier, the Taurus demon and the capra demon, the treasure felt lacking compare to other late game areas, and the bosses are not good at all. Back then, there's a handful of capra demons that could spot you far away and there's one or two of them in the start of the stairs. Luckily, they seem to balance it, since the next thing you have to deal with is the rock worms in the demon ruins. They deal so much damage once they grab you, can spot acid to break through the equipment durability, and if you don't have a long reach weapon, you have to praise the sun to find a lucky opening to even hit it safely. I also don't like the fact that there's a rock worm located to the bonfire to inflate a minor difficulty spike to give the player an element of surprise. In short, the demon ruins is dull, bad design, and it sets a difficulty scale in a lazy way to put a handful amount of reskins in a single area.

    4.Depths:

    The depths is possibly the prototype of blight town, when enemy variety are just slapped on all everywhere and the punishments are really stupid. In fact, that what I felt like when I step into this area, a half baked inspiration of blight town and the great hollow. The depths also doesn't have the best loot in this area as it felt like the items are empty in this area. The chaneller in this area has a cool concept of buffing the boss looks cool on paper, but it just makes the boss damage higher to inflate the difficulty and the chaneller just shoots soul arrows in the process, talking about some stimulating difficulty, rather than giving a boss an extra move after the chaneller buffs it. To make matters worst, there's basilisks all everywhere in a specific area, so good luck going into this exploration without curse resistance armor on. Overall, this area is particularly lame and I'm happy they don't return it in future souls games.

    3.Blight town:

    In the early days of dark souls, there's a problem going on with the frame issues, witch happened me a lot when I play the original copy of dark souls. There's also the fact that the poison swamp is extremely huge and slows you down without the rusted iron ring. The enemy variety is such an annoyance. There's giant mosquitoes, poison blow dart snipers that could deal a massive toxic build up and the ghouls can be bad in times too, especially the ambushes going on, which in blight town case, has a good amount of surprises that personally doesn't make any sense. The two things it has going for it is the amount of souls you can get and shiva the east's goodies. Unfortunately, this was completely offset by the poison lake and the mosquitoes sneeking up to you. So that's why it's here.

    2.tomb of giants:

    The best way I would describe this area is the abyss and catacombs mixed into a rather poor quality blender. The playability of this area is almost non existent. I personally use this area as a run up to the boss rather than anything else since the area is too dark and there's a frustrating enemy placement in this area. It felt like where everytime you go, there's an enemy that could hunt you down, and the enemy that I'm talking about are the skeletal beast's. Sorry if I'm going to sound a bit non sense or silly, but these skeletal beast's snorta a ton of coke while also having steroids around their bodies to absolute demolished you like paper. There's a good amount of them and I hate dealing with these enemies, due to being fast and powerful. How fun. The only good thing I would say about this area is the treasure and if you manage to get the sunlight maggot, the darkness problem will be nullified. That said, it's still a horrible area to explore in terms of the stupid enemy variety and the artificial difficulty it has from a so called skeletal beast's.

    Before the number one spot, here's a few dishonorable mentions that didn't made the cut.

    1.The great hallow: While the great hallow is a sub area, I included it because it felt like it functions as a full out area. Ether way, I don't like the fact that it's a platform area that's only purpose is to get some goodies and go to the ash lake. This area reminds me if the bed of chaos was a full out area. It's not bad compare to other areas in the list, due to its aftermention treasury going on.

    2.catacombs: Catacombs isn't a bad area in a traditional sense. It has a good amount of items, the idea was nice and the secrets are pretty interesting. However, I can't stand with the enemy variety and placements going on in this area. There's so much skeletons, necromancers that could burn you a far and the bonewheel are a disaster. After all of this, we have the easiest boss in the game, pinwheel. But at least this area has a few things going for it to not make it in the list.

    3.New londo ruins: While the new londo ruins has a nice end from the bottom from the area, the first half of the area offsets it and the main reason why it's here. The top of the area is basically ghost galore. There's so many ghost's that will overwhelm you before you get the chance to get the key itself. That said, at least there's some shortcuts that could possibly reward this when you figure out.

    After that out of the way, here's the worst area in dark souls.

    1.Lost izalith:

    I'm starting to think these areas are becoming boring and lazily designed, take no further with dark souls hell itself, lost izalith. This area has anything bad you could imagine. It has a horrendous area layout with all that lava, the lava lighting and textures could potentially eye rape you, the enemies are basically a bunch of undead Dragon booties that was considered a bounding demon for some strange reason, and the rewards isn't worth it for a late game area. After all of that, we have the worst boss in the game. Nuff said.

    This is the list about the worst maps in dark souls 1 and remastered. I hope you enjoy the list and thank you for making it that far of it to. I'm not entirely sure what should I do next. So stay tune for my planning and predictions.

    submitted by /u/raime10345
    [link] [comments]

    Rang the first Bell of Awakening!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 03:43 AM PDT

    I finally rang the first Bell of Awakening (in the Undead Church) after around 8 hours and 20 minutes (minus a bit from being afk but still). I understand that time is horrendous, but I'm not very good at video games, and I'm very happy that I finally did it.

    I ended up using Solaire to help with the Gargoyles, as I had gotten close to solo-ing them, and really like Solaire, so I decided to just get him to help. I see why everyone loves him so much. Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/Heshino
    [link] [comments]

    Knight Artorias VS The Hollow Knight/Pure Vessel from Hollow Knight. Who would win in a 1 VS 1 duel?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 03:16 AM PDT

    For those that don't know the Hollow Knight:

    The Hollow Knight: https://hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Hollow_Knight https://youtu.be/Htz7ZSyiovU

    Pure Vessel: https://hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Pure_Vessel https://youtu.be/2m_j6Ziz3vQ

    Considering how these two dudes are very similiar between each other, I think that this battle fits well. Here's the conditions:

    • The two have the same size, and a mostly equalized level of damage and HP. Obviously they still have some attacks that deal more damage. The Hollow Knight will still add new moves after losing a certain quantity of HP, and Artorias will still do the Abyss buff with the same conditions.

    • The battle happens in the coliseum in Oolacile Township where Artorias is fought, in a 3D space, adapting the Hollow Knight to the Dark Souls gameplay mechanics

    • There are 4 rounds:

    R1: The Hollow Knight (Infected) VS Artorias (Corrupted by the Abyss)

    R2: The Pure Vessel (Pre-Infection Hollow Knight) VS Artorias (Pre-corruption)

    R3: The Pure Vessel VS Artorias (Corrupted)

    R4: The Hollow Knight VS Artorias (Not corrupted)

    Lore-wise and Gameplay-wise, which corrupted knight wins?

    submitted by /u/Omega0514
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended audio levels?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 02:41 AM PDT

    Hey, i'm currently playing through Dark Souls remastered, i'm in blighttown. I was wondering, do you have any recommended music/sfx/dialogue slider options in the settings? Sometimes i feel like the music is masked by every other noise in the game, and it's a real shame.

    submitted by /u/PanTsour
    [link] [comments]

    Beat my first Dark Souls game

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 02:04 PM PDT

    Just beat Dark Souls Remastered a few minutes ago. There definitely was an adjustment playing DSR after beating Nioh and Bloodborne. I took a lot of L's to bosses like the Moonlight Butterfly and the Bell Gargoyles. The game got a lot easier after acquiring the Gargoyle's Halberd and acclimating to the slower gameplay. Not a fan of levels like Blightown, Sen's Fortress, Tomb of Giants and climbing up the side of building in Anor Londo.

    Took 6 tries to best O & S. Beat Carpa Demon, Bed of Chaos, Seath the Scaleless, and Sanctuary Guardian on the first try. Took 6 tries to beat Artorias, beat Kalameet in 2 tries, and Manus took 20ish attempts to beat. At the end, I decided to link the fire after beating Gwyn. Final level was 96 (Vitality was 45, Endurance was 23, Strength was 28, and Dex was 40).

    Overall, I had a lot of fun playing DSR; didn't enjoy it as much as Nioh and BB, but a great game nonetheless.

    submitted by /u/DukeWilson11
    [link] [comments]

    Puromancy/dex build tips

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 02:15 AM PDT

    I am at level 28 before the gaping dragon. I can buy one of the two 8k pyromancy. Which should I buy the fire sphere or combustion?

    submitted by /u/Salernoaless448
    [link] [comments]

    Best pve str weapon?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 10:19 PM PDT

    So I'm currently running a shield and (insert any good str weapon here) str build, and have no idea what weapon to pick up. Right now I have the bloodshield/crest shield, man serpent greatsword, ring of steel protection, and havel's ring. My stats are 33 vitality, 44 endurance, and 40 str. What weapon should I use for maximum dmg while still using 1 hand? (Side note, I would prefer to keep havels armor, but it's super heavy so I'm willing to downgrade if need be.)

    submitted by /u/MasterChiefAlt2
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 1 Inspired me

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 10:45 AM PDT

    So, i used to draw when i was in highschool during boring classes. But Dark Souls inspired me so much that i needed to put my love for the game into something.

    So here's Solaire and my warrior Ann:

    here

    submitted by /u/Bunkyz
    [link] [comments]

    What weapon do you guys can recommend me leveling up to +15?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 11:42 PM PDT

    Right now I'm using black knight sword +5, and I finally got resources to level up any normal weapon up to +15. Got zweihander, claymore, uchigatanas — you name it. Primarily focusing on strength. Any advices?

    submitted by /u/Magma-rager
    [link] [comments]

    jolly cooperation issues

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    Hey up, so I have been helping my friend through DSR mostly with basic build ups and stuff, I createad a character that worked fine to summon on all possible areas until we beat Queelag, from there not matter what I do in builds summon signs are nowhere around, so we leveled up his character to another one I had lvl 50, we went through the catacombs no issues and beat pinwheel, but when reaching tomb of giants same issue, no summon at all, and there where no changes in between for builds or levels, any idea on what can be happening ? tks

    submitted by /u/Slapdatbass420
    [link] [comments]

    Got cursed. Seriously considering dropping the game.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 11:22 PM PDT

    Whose idea was it to make this a thing? Who decided it was okay? Im fine with being one-shotted by basilisk smoke or whatever, thats chill, but why permanently halve my health?? I've died a hundred times in the game so far and I really havent minded much but this is bullshit.

    Edit: Thanks for the replies y'all. This is still a genuinely terrible feature but I'm less angry now and will probably continue

    submitted by /u/Dudemitri
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment