• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 14, 2021

    Dark Souls The most painful experience I've ever played in a videogame.

    Dark Souls The most painful experience I've ever played in a videogame.


    The most painful experience I've ever played in a videogame.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    Kind of a veteran souls player here. Dark Souls: Remastered is the last souls I have left to play, and all this years I managed to be spoiler free about the areas of the game and some gameplay mechanics, so I decided to have my first playthrough completely blind without getting any sort of help to improve my experience.

    At some point I've got lost. Tried every path in every area I explored so far and I couldn't find a way to keep going forward. "I guess it's time to try the spooky-skeletons path!" said the poor hollow with LVL 29, no online, no vessel, no humanity, no cast light and an innocent claymore +4.

    I've been stuck in the Tomb Of The Giants for half a week. I've never found the bonfires on the Catacombs. I had the glorious luck to beat the area in my first try (running and screaming like a little girl to no get bonewheeled) and Pinwheel was so easy that I convinced myself I was prepared for the next area. After dodging dozens of giant skeletons and arrows, I slid my way in and I "luckily" rested on a bonfire. That's when the torture began...

    I've never died so many times since "hesitation is defeat" and not to mention the very familiar bald bastard that kicked me off a damn cliff. I was already considering a new run. Hours walking in the dark and getting my ass beaten over... and over... and over... only to find out at the end of the area the wonderful words "Sealed by the Great Lord's power". For fucks sake.

    The way back to Firelink Shrine was even more frustrating, the only bonfires I lit were the ones in the TOTG. It was the final stretch, felt like I hadn't seen the sun in a year, running for my life without estus flasks with a very angry crowd of skeletons behind me, ONLY TO FIND OUT ANOTHER WONDERFUL WORDS: "THERE'S NO FUCKING FIRE KEEPER. CANNOT LIGHT BONFIRE." I kept on running to the Andre bonfire and finally went to safety.

    Never. Again.

    submitted by /u/ezequiel_lobo
    [link] [comments]

    Yesterday I Beat Dark Souls Today I Beat New Game +

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:48 PM PDT

    Every boss was so easy exept the gwyn did anyone else find new game + easy af

    submitted by /u/Noah_Stricklin
    [link] [comments]

    would you play a dark souls game with godzillaverse titans as bosses?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 08:17 PM PDT

    this needs to happen but lmk what you think

    submitted by /u/Adventurous-Pace3571
    [link] [comments]

    How the Dark Souls World Layout Enables Adventures and Replayability

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I made an in-depth video on the world layout of DS1 and compare it to the other Souls games.

    https://youtu.be/r7DbgIPDWH0

    If you want to skip the more abstract game design talk, start from here (around the 6 min mark): https://youtu.be/r7DbgIPDWH0?t=368

    As the start of the video says, it contains spoilers for all the games in the series. I would be happy to answer any questions!

    submitted by /u/Atsnok
    [link] [comments]

    Have I locked myself out of the DLC?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 12:54 AM PDT

    I've killed every base game boss (except Lord Gwyn) and have killed off most of the NPCs. I also still have the soul of Sif, if that matters.

    I would just like to know if I should even take time heading down to the Hydra arena.

    submitted by /u/DarkFury765
    [link] [comments]

    Can I beat the Taurus Demon without Gold Pine Resin?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    Playing Remastered on Switch (love it) and I'm up to the tower at Undead Burg where the TD is. I'm stocked up on a lot of items (flasks, black firebombs, hollow armour, etc etc) but like an IDIOT I used up all three of my gold pine resin uses fighting hollows and dying. I know that I gotta climb up the high tower and jump off a couple times to get critical hits but should I do it the entire fight? Or am I better off trying out firebombs and throwing knives?

    Plus I know there's a black knight at the bottom of the tower, should I stick to fighting him instead and maybe he'll drop loot that can buff my stats? Just spitballing haha.

    submitted by /u/nxgga_wzrd
    [link] [comments]

    Please could I have some examples of thematically appropriate armour and weapons for each class?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:53 PM PDT

    I've beat the game several times so I would like to do a challenge run.

    I've done SL1 before and it wasn't all that fun, so I think I would like to just roleplay as the appropriate class. i.e if I were to play as a knight I would wear armour and use weapons appropriate for a knight, no mixing and matching armour pieces and I'll accept that fat rolling is going to be a thing for that character, etc.

    Coming up with ideas for something like a knight is really easy but I'm struggling to visualise a warrior or a bandit. Please could you give me some examples of thematically appropriate weapons and armour for each class, or some examples of characters which would fall into these archetypes?

    submitted by /u/EvaPilot-01
    [link] [comments]

    Let’s go. End game. Gwyn. Prepare to die edition. Help me win. Soapstone Down.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:39 AM PDT

    Jolly jolly

    submitted by /u/Maddux4163
    [link] [comments]

    [Enemy Randomizer] Got sick of Artorias beating my butt in Bell Tower so went to Blighttown only to be greeted by a constantly re-spawning Artorias.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    Artorias is probably the boss I'm worst at fighting in the game and he's currently blocking the only two locations I have available.

    The fact that the re-spawning mosquitos in Blighttown might randomize into re-spawning bosses didn't cross my mind when I set the parameters for the mod.

    This is going to be a long run.

    submitted by /u/-Jin
    [link] [comments]

    Can anybody help me get into Dark souls? XD

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:57 PM PDT

    In terms of souls like games, I have a love hate relationship. Bloodborn and Hollow knight are by far my favourite but I still can't grasp the dark soul trilogy. I really want to play 3 for the gameplay but I also want to start from 1 because I want to try and figure out the lore. Could anyone tell me what makes DS so good to kinda like motivate me because I never understood why it was.

    Edit: Forgot to say that the 44h average completion rate is really intimidating knowing that I also have to beat dark souls 2 to wich apparently is the worst so that makes me a bit less excited but I'll see for myself.

    submitted by /u/Silent_Inflation_324
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy Dark Souls?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:36 PM PDT

    Alright, I know this sounds weird, but I am not sure if I would like it. I am a college student so I can't really afford games, but I do have enough saved up for DS1. I just don't know if it's worth it for me. I heard many people say that DS and DS3 are quite similar while DS2 is the odd one out. Well, after around 85 hours of DS3, I can say that I'm sick of it, it was barely enjoyable for me and I'm not really sure why, but I would rather play anything else than that. On the other hand, I absolutely LOVE DS2, and I am not sure if DS1 is worth the try if that is the case. I also love BB (even platinumed it a while ago) but I have a couple of friends who told me that if I didn't like DS3, I shouldn't bother with DS1. I love DS2 despite its flaws and now I am hesitant if it is worth the try for me. It's just that I am quite hesitant with this one, because as I said, I am living on a tight budget so if that 40 euros would be wasted that would suck. Also I heard many criticism with the remastered version and I am a little surprised because I am not really sure about the difference between the base game and remastered. (Also I tought about refunding, but from what I learned from BB, DS2 and DS3, the first couple of hours don't quite represent the whole game)

    submitted by /u/Ddronoz
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 run - DLC or no?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 11:16 PM PDT

    I've just finished getting the four lord souls and I was about to go to the kiln, but I remembered DLC bosses.

    Do most people do DLC on Sl1 runs?

    submitted by /u/_SwirlyCurly
    [link] [comments]

    Channeler’s Trdent

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 02:50 AM PDT

    Anybody willing to drop a trident! I have been farming for HOURS and these little freaks won't drop one! Please help!

    submitted by /u/Dasykes13
    [link] [comments]

    What's the point of saving Sif in the abyss if he survives anyways?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    Whether you save Sif or not, he still survives since you fight him in the future, right? So is there any lore reasons to save her? Or is it just a cool easter egg?

    Also, does anyone know if you can still save him after killing Manus?

    submitted by /u/EskilPotet
    [link] [comments]

    What are some good str axes?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:52 PM PDT

    Im doing a str pyro and trying to "recreate" my pyro from ds3 frirya now freya.

    Im just wondering what are some good axes/great axes that i should be on the look out for.

    In ds3 i used the demons greataxe along with the demons fist. If that is any point of refrence.

    submitted by /u/BrokenHaloSC0
    [link] [comments]

    I always reach a point where I need a break.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:24 PM PDT

    My last game I made it to Gwyndolin. And I haven't played in months. I never know if I should just restart and if so, what build do I choose?? Do I go with something new?? Since I seem to have struggled so much previously? And I know i probably missed SO MANY things along the way which really bothers me. Anyways, I'm just looking for some advice on how best to tackle this game. Whenever I restart with another build, things go much smoother and I get a little less mad at it and make it a little further. But at the same time, that's a lot of progress to just restart.

    submitted by /u/DebellatioFellatio
    [link] [comments]

    Regarding Quelana's Questline

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:10 PM PDT

    So I went ahead and killed the bed of chaos without talking to her at all and she will not spawn in her location my pyromancy is also at + 11. Did I royally mess up this questline?

    submitted by /u/MrShablagoo96
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Dark Souls

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:26 PM PDT

    Best Friendly invader story

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    Mine is back in 2018, when the remaster was released. I got invaded in anor londo and the dude walked up to me as I was fighting a silver knight (this took place on the outside area, with the 2 knights) and dropped kalameet's tail + 5. used it for the rest of the game.

    submitted by /u/DrOliveBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Twinkling titanite

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:21 PM PDT

    How do i get twinkling Titanite

    submitted by /u/Popular-Tea7311
    [link] [comments]

    What items have you never used?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 08:47 AM PDT

    I swear, I've looked at all the weapons and armor. But, the items? I don't think I've used 99% of them.

    Things like lloydes talismans, never used em, barring reading the item lore. Alluring skulls. Resins. The red moss. The binoculars. The weird odds and ends stuff.

    Like if it didn't have anything to do with keeping me alive, like estas, or the poisons cures? I tossed em into my storage because I didn't want to have to search my entire inventory. Lol.

    submitted by /u/Ok-2021
    [link] [comments]

    HELP

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:43 PM PDT

    Someone put summon sign down for soul of cinder pls. Just want to beat this boss

    submitted by /u/Cautious_East3407
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment