• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 22, 2021

    Dark Souls DS1 is a world to be explored, whereas DS2&3 are levels to be done.

    Dark Souls DS1 is a world to be explored, whereas DS2&3 are levels to be done.


    DS1 is a world to be explored, whereas DS2&3 are levels to be done.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 11:18 PM PDT

    So I just had an epiphany of sorts. I loved all of the dark souls games, and attempt going back to play through them again frequently with different builds and challenges. However I only really stick with my DS1 runs. For me the replay ability of DS1 was just so much greater than the future games, and I think I figured out why. It isn't like this is secret knowledge, or that I'm the first to think of it this way either. DS1 is like a huge world you can explore. When you break free from the asylum you have options of where you want to go. Now of course there is a predetermined "correct path" but you don't need to follow it at all. There's so much inter connectivity between areas that it feels like a living world. This is in contrast to DS2&3 (most of my experience is with 3) where there is only the set path, with maybe 1 or 2 split paths at times, but there is the linear parting you must take. This just makes the game seem like levels that must be completed in their sequential order. Iudex Gundyr is the tutorial boss, High Wall of Lothric is world 1-1, and so on. It just really doesn't have the feel of a connected and living world that DS1 encapsulated so well. Ik that this is pretty much common knowledge at this point but I thought it would be interesting to hear other's thoughts on it as well.

    TLDR: DS1 feels like an interconnected world whereas future games feel like a linear, level-based format. Share thoughts below

    submitted by /u/ihatepigmen
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing. Was just filled with immense sadness

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 11:36 AM PDT

    I've been playing though this masterpiece as it has been a goal of mine to beat it. I met up with my good friend siegmeyer, the dude with fat armor. He sacrificed his life to help my character escape a dire situation. I'm very sad about his death because I just had to kill Solaire. All my buddies are dying :(

    submitted by /u/mahomesmagik
    [link] [comments]

    You can do this?!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 02:07 AM PDT

    So this is my 1st playthrough, I was fucking around and I thought it would be funny to shoot gwynevere. I didn't expect it to turn into a fucking horror game! Is there anyway to get big Lady back? I miss her and I miss the light..

    submitted by /u/driphi
    [link] [comments]

    I DID IT!

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 05:10 PM PDT

    IVE DONE IT FOLKS. FOR THE FIRST TIME IVE BEATEN DARK SOULS! thank you to the creators for this wonderful experience

    submitted by /u/mahomesmagik
    [link] [comments]

    Anor Londo Archers Rant

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    I'm so fucking done with these silver assholes, how can you even stand there and shoot your bow?? Let alone fire arrows that look like fucking swords!! I've tried almost 20 times and tried different strategies but the left one fucking stun locks me from behind, maybe it's because I'm a fatass when I wear Tarkus' armor but this is plain stupid.

    submitted by /u/0_PH4NT0M_0
    [link] [comments]

    My goodness me do I just LOVE Dark Souls!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:36 AM PDT

    Hey everyone what is crackalackalin? I came here to say that I love Dark Souls. If I could, I would make love to Dark Souls. I would suck off Miyazaki himself if he were ever so generous as to choose me to be his official sucker-offer. We're talkin' loads of jizz all over my little white boy face here. The more, the better, I say!

    Now that that's out of the way, what do y'all think is your favorite Dark Souls weapon? I'm personally fond of the spear.

    Thanks for watching! If you enjoyed this comment please consider liking, donating, and subscribing to my channel! Or as they say in the Japan land * Kono komento o tanoshindara, watashi no chan'neru o takaku hyōka shi, kifu shi, kōdoku suru koto o kentō shite kudasai!, Anime peace sign*!

    submitted by /u/EpicLameBro
    [link] [comments]

    Yes, i know why is he called Big Hat Logan, but who's Sen and why he has a fortress?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 02:19 AM PDT

    Title

    submitted by /u/AYEZ1
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone want to play on PS4

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:31 AM PDT

    Haven't really done alot of DS1 jolly co-op and I was wondering if anyone would be up for playing today?

    submitted by /u/dharmabum666
    [link] [comments]

    Meeting Havel

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 11:21 AM PDT

    When you pick master key on your first play and stumble near the rock himself http://imgur.com/a/24H24pj

    submitted by /u/BarelyEven
    [link] [comments]

    I made an Elite Knight Helmet, and Astora Shield, and an Estus Flask

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 11:29 AM PDT

    the Astora Shield is 410 Stainless too https://i.imgur.com/nd9TTcd.jpg

    submitted by /u/blaghart
    [link] [comments]

    Staying human after being killed

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:07 PM PDT

    Hi, im new to Dark Souls and started my first playthrough two weeks ago. In Sens fortress i had to deal with some rendering problems where my textures didnt load correctly and since then, i stay human when i die. Every time. And its not only the cosmetics. I can profit from being human, summon NPCs and all that and I kinda wonder why thats the case

    Just wanted to ask if someone knows what happened oder if thats normal, as I dont fully understand the mechanics of the game.

    submitted by /u/Davidsmily
    [link] [comments]

    First time beating DS1

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:32 PM PDT

    Just wanted to share recently beat demon souls on the ps5 and it inspired me to get back into the series.

    Dark souls 1 came out when I was a teenager I got to blight town and quit a decade ago and I just finally beat it on my switch today. 10 year speed run has got to be a world record.

    Next up is dark souls 3 or bloodbourne, skipping over the shit storm known as DS2.

    Everybody have a good day! :)

    submitted by /u/TheRoastedDuck_
    [link] [comments]

    help

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:48 AM PDT

    can i know what is ember thingy i had a blue one and i gave it to the giant blacksmith and idk what happens

    submitted by /u/Super-Citron-9586
    [link] [comments]

    Dude ;-; (spoiler)

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:27 PM PDT

    I've beaten the game for the first time a couple minutes ago, but I didn't know that if I link the first flame, NG+ would start automatically, seriously, there was a lot of things that I wanted to do before NG+ :(

    There's nothing I can do but playing the entirely game again? I mean, it will be a pleasure, but a painful pleasure

    submitted by /u/DidioBrando
    [link] [comments]

    The maximum enemy respawning mechanic of DS2 was brilliant!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:23 AM PDT

    There I said it!

    As a fun player who frequently struggled with areas it was nice to know that after a certain point enemies wouldn't respawn. This only happened once or twice but made the frustrating part way more bearable.

    It would be nice to see this mechanic again....

    submitted by /u/Bumwungle
    [link] [comments]

    Beat Gwyn Not Knowing I’d Lose My Save

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 11:33 PM PDT

    I'm so disappointed. I didn't want to look anything up because why the hell would I spoil the ending that I worked so hard for? Now I lost my progress. Sure, I have my items, but I had so much more I wanted to do. This actually makes me so sad why would they do it like this? Did I miss something obvious and I should have known? I don't get it, but I'm so sad about this that I might just drop the game. Wtf DS1, why?

    Edit: I know it's called New Game +, but I didn't want to play NG+ and it was sprung on me out of nowhere.

    submitted by /u/UnholyPancake
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat dark souls (Remastered)

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:04 PM PDT

    After playing and beating dark souls 3 in 32 hours i was interested in the rest of the series and bought DSR and DS2:SOTFS. At first it was a bit rocky and hard to get used to but by the end i had quite a blast and would say it's on par with DS3. It took about 27 hrs a bit less than ds3 though that i would just chalk that up to my previous experience. The hardest boss for me was between O&S and Kalameet. O&S was mostly due to the fact that i had tried to kill superpowered Ornstein because i wanted his armor. Kalameet was difficult just due to his speed and high damage but ended up being my favorite battle in DSR. Overall a fantastic game and would highly recommend to anyone i would talk to. 11/10 would get my ass cheeks clapped again. Now on to dark souls 2! which i am well aware of it's... difficult nature.

    submitted by /u/TheNamesMitzu
    [link] [comments]

    I know it’s not much of an accomplishment but

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 10:30 PM PDT

    after going hollow for a few months I got through the house of fun on my third run :) as pay back tho the golem knocked me off when he was one one hit away. Also I defeated the moonlight butterfly (loved the music) before I progress anymore in the main story I'm gonna defeat the big horned guy in the really small room.

    submitted by /u/Fellow_Crusader
    [link] [comments]

    Who has the happiest ending in the SoulsBorne series?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 06:16 PM PDT

    It's well known that there are no happy endings in this series, but surely somebody's story has to be the least depressing out of all of them?

    submitted by /u/VaroMedina
    [link] [comments]

    Let’s beat GWYN. Help. SL 83. PPTD edition. PC. White soapstone down. Maddux1012000 Steam. Jolly co-op.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 01:22 AM PDT

    Let's go

    submitted by /u/Maddux4163
    [link] [comments]

    What is the point of all the other weapon type upgrades (crystal, magic, elemental, etc.)?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 12:54 AM PDT

    There are achievements in this game that require you to get the maxed out version of weapons in each type of weapon upgrade category, but I'm not sure what the point is for these weapons. Are they good? What are good for?

    submitted by /u/SirCMRaven
    [link] [comments]

    Can I skip blight town if I have the master key?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 08:22 PM PDT

    I had the chance to introduce the Dark Souls franchise. I scared them away :(

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:23 PM PDT

    So a few of my friends gathered for an evening after dinner. I convinced them to try video games, and we had been boasting about the graphics on these new titles constantly. So we boot up the TV and start revising the control layout with our friends. After a few hiccups, they made their way to the first fog gate and they seemed to have hit their first major roadblock.

    We started with the mercenary class as I thought it would catch their interest more, considering it's an attack-focused build. But I decided to lay back and not take the remote, I've beat that game before and I wanted them to feel the sense of accomplishment. And that moment came soon after. So the five of my friends were passing the remote after two deaths, in retrospect coop would have confused them even more. It is when finally one of them made it to the second phase of Iudex Gundyr and preserved behind his wooden shield and plant the sword in the Firelink Shrine.

    By the time they beat Iudex they were too exhausted cuz we'd been drunk before playing DS3. I hope they boot up dark souls on their consoles or PCs someday and fall in love with this game as I did.

    submitted by /u/amnoxlives
    [link] [comments]

    My fromsoft games keep stuttering

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 11:43 PM PDT

    So this started with Sekiro. it was a weird sort of stutter, not really in terms of performance... it almost felt like online game lag. So I did a bit of perusing and ended up in a steam thread where it said the issue was the connection, and provided a mod to turn off all online features of Sekiro and what do you know? It worked. Sekiro is running at a stable 60 fps, like it had been before the problem started.

    However, now I started playing Dark Souls 2, I've played 3 and 1 but I had only played a bit of 2 and decided to give it a try. And again, stutters. Same type as Sekiro's. But with dark souls, I don't want to turn off online features, it's the fun of it! Pretty sure there aren't many people invading in ds2 but if there was someone that wanted to invade me I would like to be able to let them do so by being connected. Plus, connection is obviously much more important in dark souls that it'll ever be in Sekiro, it's part of the fun to invade and get invaded. There has to be another way to solve this problem without purging the connection right?

    The only other thing I've tried has been disabling Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator, and I did that before the mod and it didn't do anything for the performace, as of now it is still disabled. I am going to re-install dark souls 3 to see if that one stutters as well, but I mean, sekiro and ds2, both fromsoft games, can't be a coincidence, I bet ds3 will also stutter.

    It's just so weird how suddenly the problem started. I took a break from Sekiro after beating genichiro and up until that point everything was fine. It was only when I came back that the stutter started.

    submitted by /u/WanderDormin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment