• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 15, 2021

    Dark Souls DS1 Bosses Ranked By How Well I Think They Could Protect Me From Spiders

    Dark Souls DS1 Bosses Ranked By How Well I Think They Could Protect Me From Spiders


    DS1 Bosses Ranked By How Well I Think They Could Protect Me From Spiders

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 03:01 PM PDT

    1. Smough: +Greatest spider smashing tool of all time (And I'm not even talking about his mallet). +Is daddy af. +Not a single fuck given about spiders. +Literally a spider bulldozer.

    2. Kalameet: +Amazing AOE spider blasts. +Can telepathically command the spiders to leave. -Thinks he's Professor X.

    3. Great Grey Wolf Sif: +Excellent Spider hunting skills. +Very Eager. +Is the goodest boi. -Sometimes might just play with the Spiders or puts them in his mouth and try to chew them but drop them on the floor by accident and then just paw at them while they spider around.

    4. Artorias: +Highly aggro and excellent spider tracking. -Leaves goo everywhere.

    5. Manus: +Can flatten many spiders with his giant hand. +AOE and ranged Spider killing capabilities.

    6. Ornstein: +Quick and agile spider slaying potential. +Is a living bug zapper racket. -Would be more ideal for mosquitos and wasps.

    7. Crossbreed Priscilla: +Can turn invisible to hunt spiders. +Is a girl, probably fucking hates spiders. -Scythe seems like impractical spider hunting weapon.

    8. Gaping Dragon: +Innate spider fumigation powers (Acid Throw Up). -Vomit on your carpet?

    9. Gwyn Lord of Cinder: +Has absolutely no fear of Spiders. +Can hurl lightening bolts at spiders. -Spiders probably live in his beard.

    10. Seath The Scaleless: +Giant tentacles could crush thousands of spiders at once. +Powerful AOE spider genocide capabilities. +Is invulnerable unless the spiders infest his tree. -Seath is probably fucking terrified of spiders he just has that energy.

    11. Dark Sun Gwyndolin: +Can use magic for long range spider kills. -Probably would run away from the spiders. -Their tentacles are almost as gross as the spiders themselves.

    12. Iron Golem: +Almost completely invulnerable to Spiders. +Could crush hundreds of spiders with every step. -Might die if a spider bites his heel.

    13. Demon Firesage: Same pros and cons as Asylum Demon but benefits from +Accidentally kills lots of spiders when he farts +Devastating AOE Spider killing blasts

    14. Capra Demon: Average Spider killing potential. -Demons probably don't care too much about spiders. +Dual wielding spider smashers is a plus tho.

    15. Asylum Demon/Stray Demon: +Good spider smashing weapon. -Poor spider tracking. -Probably doesn't care too much about spiders

    16. Bell Gargoyle: -Poor spider killing weapon. -Poor spider searching visibility due to impractical helmet.
      -Often very lethargic (made of stone?). +There are two of them which means more spider killing man-power and can kill spiders in two different places at the same time.

    17. Ceaseless Discharge: -Too big to notice spiders. +Probably accidentally kills lots of spiders due to involuntary lava discharge.

    18. Taurus Demon: -Probably doesn't care about spiders. -God forbid a spider get the drop on him.

    19. Four Kings: -Too dark to see spiders in the abyss. +Spiders might not even exist in the abyss. +Extremely high spider killing manpower. +Spiders have extremely low DPS capabilities. -The Abyss is scarier than spiders.

    20. Moonlight Butterfly: +Spider killing laser beams. -Distant relative of spiders? -Probably doesn't care about spiders.

    21. Pinwheel: -Is a little bitch. -Is sometimes multiple little bitches.

    22. Centipede Demon: -Is also an Arthropoda (may have compassion for spiders).

    23. Gravelord Nito: -Definitely doesn't care about spiders. -Contains many spiders. -Can summon skeletons containing more spiders.

    24. Bed of Chaos: -Utterly infested with spiders.

    25. Chaos Witch Quelaag: -Is literally a Spider.

    submitted by /u/SoggyWetDream
    [link] [comments]

    Finished NG+6. Here are my thoughts...

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:31 AM PDT

    Spoilers obviously. For the first half of the game it's really fun. You don't have to worry about grinding or item collection since you and your inventory should be fully upgraded. I was playing a faith build with sunlight blade and a bunch of lightning miracles.

    General observations. Some of the design choices get better with replays: secrets, interconnected level design, some bosses. Some are worse. Long runs to the boss are designed to increase the penalty for failure but when you're trying different iterations of attacks or armour builds, it's just deeply frustrating. I'm looking at you, ghosts of New Londo.

    The bosses

    You can obviously skip Capra demon and Gaping dragon since you don't need embers or items.

    I ran through Gargoyles and Quelaag in 30 mins with no deaths. Got through Sen's without issue then got thrown off a ledge by the Iron Golem. And here's where I learned that overconfidence will kill you. I used the greatbow to knock the Anor Londo archers off their perches. Payback!

    Things ground to a halt with O&S. Those bad boys can two-shot you even with massive health so you need to take them seriously. RNG is a surprisingly large factor in this fight and 4 kings. If you're lucky O&S will slowly follow you round the room like puppies. If you're unlucky they'll be all over you like a dog on unattended bacon!

    4 kings remains a dps-fest, but sunlight blade, power within and Balders side sword is surprisingly effective. I finished the fight before the 4th king could even spawn. However, I acknowledge that I was lucky with the RNG. In NG+5 I took 12 tries because the kings kept chaining explosions and grab attacks.

    Seath is trivial. If you attack the end of his tail you'll be outside all of his attacks. You should take no damage.

    Artorias is still huge fun, but you have to know his attacks inside out. Manus... turns out if you have an upgraded Artorias's greatshield he can't do any damage. Literally none. You can just tank his physical attacks and use the pendant to avoid his spells. Sunlight blade and lightning took care of him. I felt sorry for him 😀.

    Bed of chaos remains the worst boss in the game. The fire damage can now one shot kill you, which adds to the fun...

    Nito. Oh dear. If you have the ring of fog you can just stand there and chip him down. No estus needed.

    And Gwyn. Got completely stuck on this dude. I'd forgotten how to parry and thought I could tank him. It's simply not possible with the build I was running. I could get him down to 50% but he can 2 shot kill you and eats poise for breakfast. So I had to git gud. Fifteen tries and 7 parries later and it's all over.

    The amazing thing about Dark Souls is as soon as a run is over you want to do another to see if a different build will do better. But at this level, most errors are near fatal. Your best allies are patience and focus. If you get distracted, even a basic soldier will kill you.

    Time for a break. Don't go hollow!

    submitted by /u/superplint
    [link] [comments]

    Which Dark Souls boss would win in a dance-off?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 09:26 PM PDT

    EDIT: I should've been clearer. DS1 only.

    My vote goes to Artorias. He's lithe, he's got the flips, and sorta has a Michael Jackson vibe.

    Four Kings could maybe compete if they got synchronized.

    Capra Demon feels thuggish, he's got doggs, and he could maybe pull out some dirty Wu Tang moves.

    submitted by /u/midwestcreative
    [link] [comments]

    How Does Dark Souls' Craziest Skip Work?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:35 PM PDT

    Hello friends, hopefully you are having a wonderful day and are ready to learn something new!

    I am once again coming to you with my newest production piece. This one goes in-depth on possibly the most impressive sequence break in all of Dark Souls – the Blighttown Skip. In this video you can expect a deep dive into the mechanics behind the skip as well as the full story of its origin and how it took a collaboration of speedrunners, glitch hunters and modders several years to crack the code behind it.

    I thought some of the details might be appreciated by the community of Dark Souls lovers here.

    Please, enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spQYHbIYvPw

    submitted by /u/catalystism
    [link] [comments]

    Which NPC/Boss/Enemy has your favorite voice?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:56 PM PDT

    For me, it's gotta be Frampt/Straid.

    Runner ups:

    Crossbreed Priscilla

    Dyna and Tillo

    submitted by /u/bnzng
    [link] [comments]

    Finally Started Dark Souls 3!

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 03:39 PM PDT

    Finally, I'm making my way through Dark Souls 3, I'm already loving it, it really feels like a true follow up to the original in spirit as well as gameplay. So far, it's an awesome experience!

    submitted by /u/MegaSonicZone
    [link] [comments]

    Wow. Just finished first run through 120hrs+

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:07 PM PDT

    That game was insane. I had never heard of it or had any idea what I was in for. It was an epic struggle, but I definitely fell in love with the game. I've never played anything like it. It took the best qualities of so many games and wove them together. They created brutal combat and puzzles, a mysterious story and surreal world that makes you feel like your discovering a secret as you venture out into the uncharted and scour the darkness for clues with zero safety net. Fucking badass. Could conceivable qualify as a work of art. A boundary pushing game for sure. My only gripe would be the super anticlimactic ending. The game intro cutscene is 20-30 seconds with narration. The finale of one of the most epic games of all time is a quick cut of you burning yourself, presumably taking Gwyn's place. I mean, come on. It seemed like bosses had longer cutscenes than the ending. I'll play the others for sure, but they couldn't had given us something to bring a little more closure or insight into the mythology?

    submitted by /u/Djamgreen
    [link] [comments]

    If I ever thow a party, Nito and his Skeleton Gank are not invited

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    So, last time I died to bonewheels guys. Back to the bonfire and here I go.

    I eventually clean up the room, loot some items and keep going. I arrive at the Pinwheel boss. Tbh, I like his design, and also the room itself. They seemed nice. Pinwheel went down easily though. First try.

    Took me a while to notice the stairs afterwards. I suppose this is common. And here it is, Tomb of Giants.

    Dark. Dark. Dark. And some eyes. I approach. I die. I didn't even see what killed me. Oh, but that is not all. The level design can fuck you up as well. And wait, these are not even the worst mobs in the area.

    Apparently they were some giant skeletons. I fight and try to run from them, but at some points I notice a guy and a cutscene starts. Can you guess ? Fucking Patches with his this is sparta vibes. As if I weren't in trouble enough.

    It's dark. Remember I killed Solaire in Lost Izalith because he went hollow ? He had a specific hat. A Sunlight Maggot so to say. I remember reading its description back then. Was mentioning something about giving light. And how inspired I was to look after it. Now I can see through this dark shithole. This hat resembles a lot the one Gwyndolyn has. Does he have anything to do with Solaire becoming hollow ? I met him in Anor Londo after all...

    At some point, down below, I noticed Demon Ruins. Really nice how the world is connected in this game.

    Down there I see Rhea. I chit chat and did her a favor, getting rid of her former two guards, which went hollow.

    I get back up. Back to Patches. I decide to forgive him, not because I believe him, but just because I want to see what other things can this hyena do. Just curious.

    Rest at the bonfire. And here I go. When I thought things could not go worse, they did. What the hell is even that area ? With those quadruped skeletons ? They hit like a truck. Oh, but there's more, a Black/Silver Knight. Oh, but there are also archers. Great.

    After many attempts, I eventually get past this area. And I get to see Ash Lake from here. What did I say earlier about world connectivity ?

    I get invaded by Leeroy but killed him off easily.

    Fast forward, pinwheels and... baby skeletons ? Haha. HAHA. They killed me instantly, haha. Never underestimate Dark Souls...

    I clean up the area at some point and here I go through the fog mist. Down below. Gravelord Nito. And his friends. Fuck Nito. Fuck his friends. Fuck that jump just before the fight which leaves me at almost half hp. But I eventually prevail.

    Fast forward, I go back to the tomb in Anor Londo because I remember getting a Darkmoon something ring in Catacombs/Tomb of Giants and there was a message there to wear it in front of the statue.

    I kneel before no one. Went directly through the mist. Gwyndolyn. He has the voice of a teenager tbh. I get him in my 3rd try. After dying in the 1st attempt, I get teleported to the first bonfire in Anor Londo. The Darkmoon Knightess attacks me without hesitation. I killed her without hesitation. How is Gwyndolyn still alive in DS3 when he gets devoured by Aldrich if I killed him off here ?

    I do some backtracking to see if something changed. Nothing out of the ordinary.

    But at some point I go to Quelana and browsing my goods, I notice the Witch Ring. Witch of Izalith. And as far as I know, Quelana and Quelaag are daughters of her. I equip the ring and seems like I can talk to Quelana. Or she can talk to me. Why does she think I am Quelaag ? Because I have her souls upon killing her ? Interesting...

    I go back to Firelink Shrine and place the last soul in Lordvessel. Finally satiated. But I do not enter. Not yet. Mada mada.

    Out of curiosity, I check to see if the red dragon in Undead Burg flew off. He is still there lol.

    Some trades with Undead Merchant. Offered some embers to Andre and Giant Blacksmith.

    At this point, I knew I had at least the following bosses left: Artorias, Manus, Kalameet and Gwyn.

    I have no idea how to trigger the first three, so I look up about the first one. I could not have reproduced the steps by myself, not in a thousand years.

    So I just go free Dusk of Oolacile. Talked to her. Got the Broken Pendant. And back to the initial location. The portal is there. That thing eats me. And here I go, Sanctuary Garden.

    Hence, Sanctuary Guardian. Pretty fast guy, unlike what I have gotten used to so far. Killed me a few times, but I get him in the end. I wonder, could I have cut its tail ? I tried, but to no avail.

    Random thought crosses my mind, but where could Logan have gone ? He is not in the big cell in Archives, nor in Firelink Shrine. Neither his pupil know anything about him.

    I go on and arrive at the next bonfire. Also met Elizabeth. Nice... mushroom. Godmother of the Dusk of Oolacile. So there's more to her for sure.

    As for the last thing, I go on and engage the wooden enemies onwards. I underestimate their speed and die. This is where I decided to call it a day.

    That's it for today's journey.

    Don't you dare go Hollow!

    Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/miTzuliK
    [link] [comments]

    Builds

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 04:55 AM PDT

    So, i beat the game untill NG+5, i did a no hit run, a run at SL1 and yesterday i started a new game making the giantdad, and I'm almost finishing the game, can you guys recommend me some builds for me to play?

    submitted by /u/JoaoBiden
    [link] [comments]

    So if anyone is developing an abyss MOD, they can use the start of this video as a trailer if they want. I just need them to have my video link attached to it. FYI I can edit the armor to fit whatever it needs to be, I will work with the changes

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 04:52 AM PDT

    Dark hand Humanity spam possible?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:54 PM PDT

    About dark souls : Remastered, is it possible to spam dark hand special attack to steal humanity from npc and rest at bonfire to reset npc hp and steal more?

    submitted by /u/Imaginary-Bad6412
    [link] [comments]

    Controller problems on PTDE

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    So i'm trying to use a wireless steelseries controller, and for some reason PTDE is just not recognising it at all. This gamepad has been pretty much plug and play with every game i've tried up til now, so If I need to do anything special to get it working with PTDE i'd be appreciative if someone could direct me to a guide or something. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Wardy107
    [link] [comments]

    Justice for domhnall of zena

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 02:47 AM PDT

    Solaire has been put as the joyful optimist of the dark souls and I believe it's right full title should go to domhnall Look at what this man has that solaire doesn't A cool catchphrase (aye shwmae ) He sells unique items and boss armour He doesn't try to kill you. You don't have to spend 30 humanity to keep him alive He is an optimist to the very end. I we don't act soon I fear that domhnall will be lost to history forever. Now that I have stated my case who is truly more jolly and optimistic solaire or Domhnall

    submitted by /u/Emasculatedthot
    [link] [comments]

    I like being a dragon, but it feels underpowered

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 12:14 AM PDT

    The fire from the head stone doesn't do very much damage In pvp. The torso stone roar effect is nice for temp stunning I guess, but it makes you strip all of your armor to use it leaving you mostly defenseless. If anything having dragon scales on your body should make you nearly indestructible. It would have been cool if you could fly and use a tail whip attack

    submitted by /u/MoonlitBadlands
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls menu item dupe not working

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:45 PM PDT

    The glitch seems to no longer work. The game now actually quits when you click exit game and the item is lost on reloading the game. Is this part of some update?

    submitted by /u/Flashy_Play9212
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way you can defeat Seath the Scaleless without going to Crystal Caves?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 02:42 PM PDT

    Could you theoretically kill Seath in the area where he is supposed to kill you before you end up in the prison?

    I've never tried but would an OP Dragonslayer Bow do the trick?

    submitted by /u/Vanifer
    [link] [comments]

    decapitation

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:52 AM PDT

    So the Fate of the Undead is to remain undying until the linking of the first Flame, canonically every hollow I kill will lay around dead for a bit until resurrection. And the majority of the characters I meet will eventually go mad or die and go hollow, So what the hell would happen if I chopped an undead's head off?

    submitted by /u/Newouter
    [link] [comments]

    Time for my favourite

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:56 PM PDT

    Artorias time

    Give me your best advice

    submitted by /u/Popular-Tea7311
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who didn’t struggle with Anor Londo archers?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:20 AM PDT

    I've played through NG and NG+ now and I've yet to get hit by them. From all the stories I heard about the dreaded archers, I expected like 5 knights firing assault rifles at me. All I had to do was wait till they fired uselessly against my cover, then sprint. It seems they can't track you well enough to hit you while you sprint. You can even be as bold as to block the right archer's arrows when you're on the ledge with him. Have I just gotten lucky or am I missing something here?

    submitted by /u/berserksolidus
    [link] [comments]

    Pvp?(Xbox)

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 09:51 PM PDT

    Just a minor question

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:57 PM PDT

    Is the Artorias Greatsword worth getting?

    submitted by /u/Popular-Tea7311
    [link] [comments]

    Centipede Demon

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    I just wished they didn't remove the Orange Charred ring in NG+ so u could enjoy the boss fight more.

    submitted by /u/TK--666
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment