• Breaking News

    Monday, April 12, 2021

    Dark Souls Done with the entire series. My review

    Dark Souls Done with the entire series. My review


    Done with the entire series. My review

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:38 AM PDT

    After taking the Ancient Dragon in DS 2 yesterday I got really sad because I realised I was done with all areaa and all bosses in the entire series. I skipped the Darklurker in DS 2 because of that bullshit area, and I still have Midir left to defeat, but still nothing new anymore. It feels empty in a wierd way but ofcourse I also feel pride and satisfied, really hyped and inspired.

    This franchise is good in sooo many ways. Apart from its challenge and well balanced difficulty that gives an extremely good feeling of satisfaction after bosses, the world and lore is astounding. I have a weakness for dark / gothic fantasy (and horror). I love how most of the world in DS 1 and 2 is interconnected, and you can go almost wherever you want from the start. I missed that in the third game though.

    I see alot of inspiration from Tolkien and LOTR which Im sure many can agree with. Nothing is better than some old mysterious king or a deformed monstrosity. True nightmare fuel. Im certain they must have gatheres peoples worst nightmares. I love that you dont have a clear story, leaving much room for interpretation. The world also has this ambiguity.

    I will absolutely replay these games since theyre the best Ive ever played. My favorite bosses must be Gael, Kalameet, Fume Knight and Friede. Also love the many uses of cathedral and religious undertone. Even though DS 3 might have had too many castle and cathedral maps.

    I think DS 1 is the most replayable of all. Dont know why. The world design and also the simplicity (no extra fancy stuff like weapon arts etc) and it was actually really easy to get into (not easy just you get going pretty fast). Although some hitboxes and timings seems a little bit off and a few things are unfair (the Capra Demon area) this gem shines the brightest in the series. Not only because it has some of my favorite areas Ash Lake, The Great Hollow and Blighttown. Love Anor Londo and its sunset, the traps in Sens Fortress, and O&S is a really fun boss despite its difficulty. Nito is the coolestbboss from this game. Really thought Tomb of Giants was so scary.

    DS 2 isnt as bad as everyone says, it has some unresponsive controls and some things that feels buggy (like enemy lock on and still attacking towards the camera), but nothing you dont get used to. This game has some very bright and happy areas which I defo like very much, feels fresh and new. The areas are often a bit unbalanced, mobs of 20 enemies that seem to have infinite stamina and never staggers, and the bosses are often very easy and has only a few different moves which sometimes gets boring.

    Nonetheless it has some of the more interesting areas (Dragon Eerie, Brume Tower), and a few new things I miss in the other games like the switches and levers in Shulva, the Lockstones etc. The story is really diffirent and maybe my favorite in the series, and I remember being hyped to find this mysterious King Vendrick, only to find out that he is also hollowing, so sad really. The addon of Aldia in SOTFS was also really cool. Maybe the most interesting character in the series, and really important dialoge the the allover lore. Also love his battle theme.

    DS 3 was really different and super fast which is something Im not used to at all. Because of that it was the hardest entry for me. Allover a great experience, the game with the best and most complex bosses with anazing dialoge and lore. Missed dialoge and cutscenes from bosses in the other games so that made it extra cool. My favorites from this game is Twin Princes, Gael and Friede. By far the best graphics and screen shot friendly views. Itirthyll, Ariandel, the mix of scary, wierd and just sad characters and enemies.

    God what am I supposed to do now? Thanks for the read :)

    submitted by /u/CaptainChubbyDuck
    [link] [comments]

    I started Dark Souls and have no idea where I’m going. What’s the objective?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 06:35 PM PDT

    I just got a good deal on the trilogy and have been trying my luck with the first one.

    After escaping the prison, an NPC told me to ring the bells of awakening but I otherwise don't have any clear goal.

    I made my way up the map after giving up on killing skeletons and defeated the taurus demon. After that I beat the bell gargoyles and made my way to the bell. I rang it but other that a short cutscene I didn't get much of a hint on what to do.

    I'm trying to make my way down the map because the NPC said something about a bell at the top and a bell at the bottom.

    Now I'm stuck with the moonlight moth and began to question if the bell were even a main objective? The entering cutscene only mentioned three main characters and a scaleless dragon.

    The game is fun but what am I supposed to be doing?

    submitted by /u/dwarf_in_a_giant
    [link] [comments]

    When did you fall in love with the game ?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 08:03 PM PDT

    For me it was right after Ornstein and Smaug , having fought those cantankerous sons of bitches for almost 7 hours and walking through those doors to see Gwyneveres glorious mommy milkers wobbling in front of me, at that moment I felt a peace I have never before felt in my life.

    submitted by /u/trashgremlinuwu
    [link] [comments]

    Why did you start playing Dark Souls?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    For me it was this gif - https://imgur.com/4ePHDoq

    submitted by /u/JonAegis
    [link] [comments]

    If you're a twink why?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:41 AM PDT

    Just a question

    submitted by /u/GreenGlitch7858
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat Dark Souls!

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:27 AM PDT

    I killed the Taurus Demon and the Four Kings first try, and once I figured out how to parry Gwyn, I killed him in about twenty seconds with no damage taken.

    Manus was by far the most difficult boss and Artorias was by far the most enjoyable boss. Surprisingly, I didn't have too much trouble with Ornstein and Smough.

    I also just killed the Asylum Demon in NG+ in one hit.

    submitted by /u/windermere_peaks
    [link] [comments]

    Hardest non-boss encounter?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 03:41 AM PDT

    Topic title.

    Doing NG+ in Dark Souls Remastered, and for some reason I keep dying to this one room in New Londo (before the ladder to Ingward) where like eight ghosts maul you at the same time. It's weird because I know it's coming (and I didn't find New Londo difficult at all in NG, although I may have been overleveled), but all it takes is one ghost to nick me, then suddenly my character staggers and it's game over. I got sooo tired of that elevator animation from Firelink to New Londo because of those darn ghosts lol.

    Honorable mention goes to the forest hunters before Alvina, because they also have the ability to gank you out of nowhere.

    If we're including mini-bosses though, it's the two harder Titanite Demons in Sen's Fortress. I didn't have the rusted iron ring when I first encountered them but I really didn't wanna give up so I kept trying and trying... it was NOT a good time lol.

    submitted by /u/rex_915
    [link] [comments]

    We have been tricked, backstabbed and utterly bamboozled

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:52 AM PDT

    On my first run, I had just defeated ornstien the dragonslayer and smough the executioner and I was going up the elevator and rested at the bonfire.
    I noticed all these soap stones talking about amazing chest ahead and imminent happiness and I was thinking wow this treasure must be really good and cool if everyone's talking about it! I bet even the chest must be really grand and stylish
    So I opened the door to the princesses room and....

    I got gnomed by boobas

    try holding with both hands

    submitted by /u/bonkbot69420
    [link] [comments]

    Reminder that this drop in the Darkroot Garden is safe.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    Some time ago I made a post about this unintended shortcut and it didn't get many views, so here's a repost for those who missed it... I guess.

    https://youtu.be/IcZTv0YSB-g?t=8

    This way you don't have to waste time chopping down one of the trees to get the Wolf Ring.

    submitted by /u/Forgot7en
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 06:51 PM PDT

    Does humanity increase the chance of a weapon from a black knight? I'm using 10 humanity's and I only get chunks. do I just have bad luck?

    submitted by /u/filthycashe
    [link] [comments]

    Gwyn appreciation post

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 01:52 PM PDT

    Spoilers ahead for the game.

    Often I have seen posts about how Gwyn's fight is a sad one, and how he's become hollow, and him becoming hollow is often mentioned alongside him being in a weak state when you finally meet him.

    However, he still puts up one hell of a fight if you approach him like any other boss, aka >! without the parry mechanic. !< He leaves little windows to attack, and basically no windows to heal, and damn, trying to take him on offensively, he is an absolute beast.

    So while the atmosphere/music is trying to create a theme of sadness, and highlighting how Gwyn has basically fallen from grace, he can still beat you up A LOT if you're not adapting your gear and/or playstyle.

    So yeah, Gwyn, I don't think you're weak, and it's actually taking me more attempts to take you down >! without a shield !< than I took for any other boss this playthrough.

    submitted by /u/Voeglein
    [link] [comments]

    What soulslike should I play to practice the souls series?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:14 AM PDT

    I'm currently destroying code vein. What else should I play BEFORE dsr?

    submitted by /u/helpmedad8960
    [link] [comments]

    I accidently killed a trader

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:47 AM PDT

    I was playing ds 1 and acciendty hit r2 while standing in front of the crystal trader in the depths and had to kill him Is there any way to revive him?

    submitted by /u/Kurgerblitz
    [link] [comments]

    What is your all time favourite themed runs?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:47 AM PDT

    I think my all time favourite is a low level "Ranged-only" DS1 (bows, crossbows, throwable only) run. Nothing was as nail-biting as trying to beat 4 Kings using RTSR + composite-bow with starting health

    It's also what opened my eyes to just how versatile and viable the Souls weapon system is and how you can make a build out of any weapon.

    Want long range sniping? Hawk ring + Black Bow of Pharris. Short range berserk DPS? RTSR + composite bow + power within. Elemental burst damage? Alvelynn + thunder arrows. Need to tank? Greatshield + Heavy crossbow + Leo ring.

    And you have to play different with evey weapon as well. Bows you have to rely on dodge rolls + manage shoot speeds. You can turtle with a crossbow but you're wide open after every shot. Greatbows have knockdown but you're superslow.

    I know themed/meme playthrough has been a thing for years now but what are some of your all time favourites through all of the Souls games?

    submitted by /u/the_3rdist
    [link] [comments]

    I have created a subreddit specifically for Soulsborne glitches, come join if you're interested!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    The goal of the subreddit is to have a unified place where we can discuss the bugs, glitches, sequence breaks, dupes and assorted fun or useful breaks in the Soulsborne games. It is geared toward players of Demon Souls, Dark Souls I, Dark Souls II, Dark Souls III, and Bloodborne. I guess maybe Sekiro too. If you're interested in joining a community about this and helping it grow, please check out r/GlitchSouls. The hope for this subreddit is to not only discuss how to execute some glitches that are already known, but hopefully to have an active community of people who try to uncover even more glitches in the games! I hope to see you there!

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulPraiseTheSun
    [link] [comments]

    What was the most valuable item or weapon you ever gave away without cheating/duping?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:31 AM PDT

    If you're one of those smart boys that give away 99 boss souls for free, you needn't apply.

    No no no, I'm talking about, playing the game legitimately, having some kind of rare drop or particularly useful or valuable item and just giving it away to another player.

    One time after killing the Taurus Demon in Undead Parish, it dropped the Demon's Greataxe. I wasn't going to use it but kept it anyway. Later in the Darkroot Garden, I summoned another player and noticed they were using the Demon's Great Hammer. I thought there's no way that's the weapon they really want to make their build around, so I dropped the superior Demon's Greataxe for him. After wasting the Moonlight Butterfly, he messaged me thanking for the weapon, as it's precisely what they wanted.

    Once I invaded in Anor Londo and found the host sitting in a corner just at the foot of the ledge leading up the two archers. I waited there for a moment to see whether they would react in some way but it seemed they were AFK. So I checked my inventory for anything I could drop, I left some Humanity and Alvina's ring -- I actually wanted to drop the Ring of Fog but only realized my mistake after I left. I think I also dropped some souls but I can't remember for sure.

    There was also this invader wearing the dragon head, I was in the Burg for some reason reason and saw the dragon eye sign so I thought, why not. It was a bit laggy and I got killed but it didn't matter. They sent me a friend request (playing on Steam), I accepted and asked "what's up." He offered to give me Humanity if I let him kill me to farm for the dragon scales to get the dragon torso. Not only did I agree, but I also gave him all the dragon scales I had because I didn't intend on using them. After we were done, I helped him move over his equipment to another character and he gave me the Obsidian Greatsword, which I later gave away to another player.

    I've also given away Havel's Ring, the FAP ring, the Dragon King Greataxe, Claymore, Zweihander, and I can't remember whatever else right now.

    submitted by /u/Forgot7en
    [link] [comments]

    I was not prepared for The Catacombs, nor Four Kings

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 12:36 PM PDT

    I was actually planning not to play any DS today, but I eventually had a go for a little session.

    As mentioned in the last post, I knew that I had to talk to Ingward to get to The Abyss. So here I go.

    From Firelink Shrine, I make my way to him. I still hate the ghosts. I go upstairs, speak to him and got the Key to the Seal.

    Fast forward, I use it. A cutscene starts showing the water leaving the area upon the opening of the gate. I was actually expecting a reaction from the drakes in there. None though. I take the elevator down.

    First Darkwraith. A parry and a backstab and he is done. Going on, some other Darkwraiths and that... thing of a monster. I eventually get rid of all of them and activate the elevator. Slow and steady, I arrive at the room with the chest. I clean it, and loot the chest afterwards. And here I go.

    Fog gate. Is it a boss ? I enter. No HP bar appearing. But the fog does not disappear as well. Maybe it is the same as in Priscilla's case ? God, how wrong I was...

    I go down. And down. And down. Luckily I had Artorias' Ring equipped beforehand. That jump gave me Midir vibes. Needles to say why.

    And here I am. The Abyss. I take some steps, and I notice it. Four Kings. I heard a lot about this fight being hard and such. The rumours were quite right. Took me like 7-8 tries before I even got them. At some point I died in the same manner as I did with Seath: one hit left to defeat the boss. God, how frustrated I was. Those purple range attack have an excelent tracking. Need to dodge them right in the final moment. Also the grab. Not to mention anything about the ganking. This fight has also a RNG vibe to it.

    But I prevail in the end. I explore a bit the emptiness of the abyss, but nothing pops up. Maybe not yet ?

    Back to Firelink Shrine. I chit chat a bit with Ingward. Dude was gratfeul to see the sun after a long time. Also with Domhnall a bit.

    I eventually discover the path to The Catacombs. Fuck those catacombs. Fuck those respawning skeletons. Fuck the darkness in there. Fuck everything about it. Man, the frustration...

    I make my way through it though. I eventually arive at the first bonfire. But I die. wanna know why ? Being ganked and hit from all over the place. I got there second try though.

    Fast forward, I arrive in the second area. Afterwards, going through it a bit, I eventually go down to that dude which breaks a wall with an axe (?) within a cutscene. You break my focus, he said. Damn you, dude.

    I had to run from the skeletons I brought with me from above, but guess what ? FUCKING PINWHEELS. Ganked from the back and front. Great.

    I decide to call it a day though. As mentioned in the beginning of the post, short session today.

    That's it for today's journey.

    Dont you dare go Hollow!

    Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/miTzuliK
    [link] [comments]

    WHITE SOAPSTONE DOWN. Lord GYWN fight. HELP. (PC version)

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:28 AM PDT

    Let's go

    submitted by /u/Maddux4163
    [link] [comments]

    What little detail in dark souls is the coolest?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 05:07 AM PDT

    Ash lake in the tomb of the giant was cool.

    submitted by /u/Strongbighoneybadger
    [link] [comments]

    O&S finally sleep with the fishes

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 05:58 AM PDT

    Adding another "oh I finally achieved xyz" type post, but as you all already know, beating O&S for the first time is such a rush!

    I dropped a playthrough a couple years back because when I reached O&S I finally realized I'd messed up my leveling and put points in the wrong stats, and after 15-20 tries to get the bosses I gave up.

    After reading all the success stories on this sub though, I wanted to feel that too and started a pyro run (yeah ok, pyro is probably quite OP), but also paid attention to the details and mechanics. Also gave up the fear of failing and dying multiple times attempting the same thing. And here I am, met lady Gywnevere, headed to get Nito next!

    Thanks y'all, much love for the ever-supportive community!

    submitted by /u/dovaahkiin_snowwhite
    [link] [comments]

    I posted this on modsouls but it's a very low activity subreddit, is there a mod that lets you be your own final boss?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 05:25 PM PDT

    On your first playthrough you'd fight gwyn obviously but on any NG+ I think it'd be really cool if when you beat the final boss that character becomes the final boss of the next playthrough. Is this a thing? I feel like it would play really well with the cyclical nature of dark souls though it may have to imply that you always light the flame... I'd love to hear your thoughts

    submitted by /u/burkeydurkeydoo
    [link] [comments]

    Why do you like Dark Souls?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    I was just wondering...

    submitted by /u/kfb420
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment