• Breaking News

    Monday, April 12, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Made in paint taking more time than I'd care to admit

    Dark Souls 2 Made in paint taking more time than I'd care to admit


    Made in paint taking more time than I'd care to admit

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 12:14 AM PDT

    Apparently I've slain 1000 hosts! First time ever receiving the ring despite the ungodly amount of hours I've spent on this game

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:07 AM PDT

    The Last Giant pair of pants in Dark Souls 2

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:37 AM PDT

    Just finished DS1 (first DS game) and moving on to DS2 this evening. Questions from a beginner.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    Finished DS1 Remastered and, having the trilogy, I'm moving onto DS2.

    Preliminary Googling tells me it's got a number of changes and I just want to make sure I'm going in prepared.

    For the first one I started as Pyromancer with Master Key. I went with a "Quality" build and finished with both STR and DEX at 40, as well as high VIT and END.

    First half of the game was one-handed sword and shield and Pyromancy as alternate weapon. Later game I had Right Hand Claymore/Spear, and Left Hand Pyromancy/Shield.

    I wore the full Giant's Set armor with Havel's Ring to keep my Equip load at 50% or less.

    I enjoyed the level of difficulty this gave me, and though I did do more grinding than necessary and was likely over-leveled at the end, I enjoyed the overall experience this set up gave me.

    So, any tips for someone new to this game? What class/gift/build should I go for to match a similar experience I had with the first game?

    Any other things I should be aware of? For example, in DS1 I didn't revive the Firekeeper when I got her Soul back, and instead upgrade my Flask, which was a minor pain. I also made sure to follow the steps to keep SunBro alive.

    Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ehsteve12
    [link] [comments]

    Just arrived at the Shrine of Amana's first bonfire and that singing gave me the shivers...

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:38 AM PDT

    Not in a bad way, I found it very cool. It made me feel like this game is really gorgeous.

    Did you guys ever have an experience on this series where you are taken aback by it? The only other instance I can think of is getting to Ash Lake on the first game.

    submitted by /u/Vavruk
    [link] [comments]

    I love how this game rewards the player for committing to certain stats

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    For example, the powerstance mechanic. Instead of attacking two seperate times to kill an enemy you can now just kill them with only one attack (albeit this attack is more stamina consuming but that doesn't matter if the enemy dies anyway). Or how there are new sorceries/miracles/hexes in this game that reward the player for putting more points into faith and int than typically necessary. Yeah sure you could just put 40 points into both faith and int but if you keep going, you could use dark greatsword or crystal soul spear or climax or what have you. Sure, you won't be able to put enough stats into endurance, vitality etc early game but that's the fromsoft way. You want something? Go earn it. It inventivises playing riskier and I love it.

    submitted by /u/Ih4tef34r
    [link] [comments]

    But... Why?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:38 AM PDT

    It's ok to consult a guide

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:59 AM PDT

    Alright so I beat Dark Souls 1 back in December, and loved it. .

    So, I bought Sekiro, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2 Scholar of The First Sin, and Dark Souls 3.

    I decided to play them in order, and so I started DS2.

    Hated it.

    Gave it another shot about a month ago, hated it.

    So, today I tried again and thought you know what, fuck it. I'm gonna watch a guide. I had no idea where to go, who to fight, etc. I got very good at DS1, but I look like a fucking noob in DS2. So, I am enjoying it though, no matter how bad I am right now.

    Currently, I have beaten The Last Giant and The Pursuer. IT'S OK TO CONSULT A GUIDE SOMETIMES.

    TL;DR, sometimes it's ok to consult a guide to get into a great game.

    submitted by /u/InbredBanana
    [link] [comments]

    i have a question , well two

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:07 AM PDT

    hi everyone im tried to complete all the achivements of the game and im having problem with one , to to get all sorceries i need to get the rank 2 in the bell keppers covenant but no one invades me
    and the mad warrior doesn't appaers there is another thing that i can try ? and the other doubt that i have is i need to get all the sorceries with the same character ? or i can have a few with one and the rest with another ? if someone can answer this it would be It would be a great help

    submitted by /u/galacticeggplant
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2: Flames of Old Mod - Falconers Animation Fixed

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    Sl1 Sire Alonne Seppuku with backstep, 91 agility

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 12:53 PM PDT

    Top 3 builds DS2 guide

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 12:51 PM PDT

    1. Blackcrypt dark sword original build: start as cleric. Get bonfire ascetic as gift. Grab estoc. Get it +6. Spank Rotten x2. Speed run to and spank Ancient Giant Lord x times until you get the desired souls. Respec

    2. Pyromancer mega blaster build: start as cleric. Get bonfire ascetic as gift. Grab estoc. Get it +6. Speed run to and spank Ancient Giant Lord x times until you get the desired souls. Respec

    3. Never die miracle build: start as cleric. Get bonfire ascetic as gift. Grab estoc. Get it +6. Speed run to and spank Ancient Giant Lord x times until you get the desired souls. Respec

    For variety you can start as Explorer class.

    submitted by /u/Arekk
    [link] [comments]

    Pursuer.....

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    Im really angry now. I have just started my first playthrough on ds 2. I have beaten ds1 and i really love that game. So i decided to play ds 2 after a short break from souls and souls-like. I thought it cannot be harder than 1. Last Giant was easy. But then i have encountered him. I literally died to him about 12 times and still cannot defeat him. Like who would put this on second boss fight!? I tried doing balista technique, but after i parry him and run to the balista, something always goes wrong. Sometimes he just jumps out of reach, sometimes balista doesnt even shoot anything. With my weapons i deal no dmg to him (im using fire shortsword) and one hit from combo=death due to stunlock. So can anyone give me some tips please. Thanks for all answers.

    submitted by /u/ShadowSamurai1
    [link] [comments]

    Paladin build stats and gear?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    I've always wanted to do a paladin style build, but I find it difficult to plan out due to the large amount of stats one would need to pull it off. I've planned one out in soulsplanner and I was hoping someone could look over it and give some thoughts or opinions.

    https://soulsplanner.com/darksouls2/14257

    I go fashion souls over all souls, so I'll probably do something with the armor later, but I don't know many of the weapons that would work well, so I sorta just threw a bunch on the build that I thought would be fun to use. Primarily Bow of Want and Thorned GS because of the lightning. Anyway I look forward to hearing what y'all think.

    submitted by /u/LordTurt
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with the Dark Chasm of Old. Whenever I try to enter the boss fight, it loads me back to the entry point at Grandahl. I lit the fire, and it does not trigger the boss fight. It just goes into a loading screen for a second and keeps sending me back. Is it a bug or something? Please help.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 12:14 PM PDT

    Demon of Song OST

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:45 AM PDT

    Been listening to the SoulsBorne soundtrack and I just came across the Demon of Song. Never noticed that there was some deep beautiful throat singing in there.

    That is all

    submitted by /u/TenWholeBees
    [link] [comments]

    Where to find summon signs for the pursuer boss fight?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:18 AM PDT

    I can't get passed this guy, he absolutely wrecks me. I miss with ballista every time too.

    Is there anyway to summon someone for help? On PC

    submitted by /u/ICatchTinySpiders
    [link] [comments]

    Ok... Why are there a lot of new players to this 5-6 year old game?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2021 04:19 PM PDT

    Don't get me wrong, this is a really good game once u get over the 1st few hurdles, but it's not the newest entry and has a bad reputation even within the souls series. I'm confused by how the amount of people new to the series is very sustained and I keep seeing them here also. I recently got finished with my 1st playthrough (clocking in at 95 hours at 270-280), so I'm no different. Anyone know why?

    submitted by /u/Xavier_Arai
    [link] [comments]

    Syans Halberd Build?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:08 AM PDT

    Could someone give me an example of a Syans halberd build? I decided that's the weapon I want to use, but I don't really know how the game works enough to make a build for it. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ICatchTinySpiders
    [link] [comments]

    Extra Estus Flask

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:54 AM PDT

    I thought that after playing this game for so long I would have discovered everything. However, just today whilst going through Amana I found an Estus Flask and Sunlight Blade. This is SOTFS btw. But I'm so surprised by this discovery because I haven't ever seen anything about it. I'm interested to know how many of you have ever found this shard

    submitted by /u/spicyginger123
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 on ps4 or a really low-end pc

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:32 AM PDT

    I was planning on either buying ds2 digitally on the ps store if it went on sale or buying the ds trilogy (which is 40€) for the ds3 dlc's, ds2 and physical copies of dsr and ds3 if it didn't. But now I realize that ds2 is 10€ on steam but I've never played any games on pc since I can't even download anything, I get a pop-up saying that my windows 7 have expired (don't know how that works) and it has the default graphics card from 2001 that ran fortnite at 5 fps. Should I (a) get it on steam and try to upgrade my pc a little bit before playing it so I can start playing other games on here as well (b) Get it on the ps store or (c) Buy the ds trilogy pack right away ? I wouldn't imagine that I'd miss out too too much if I keep playing games on ps4, right ?

    submitted by /u/gkovostis
    [link] [comments]

    Is Soul Memory the only factor in summoning?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 03:52 AM PDT

    Before I get into it, I have tried researching this but I kinda confused myself even further. I understand Soul Memory and its tiers. I understand how the rings work, for the most part. Still a little confused on the Name Engraved Ring.

    I do not care about invasions in this particular question.

    All about summoning. I'm helping out a friend, and I have only ever played solo. Is there any sort of matchmaking besides Soul Memory like weapon level?

    I understand that there is a difference between the Small White Soapstone and the White Sign Soapstone but I'm not sure how much. What actually defines the two and how are they different?

    I know Small has a timer and certain actions affects it. Does the White Sign have the same rules? If so, why use the White Sign over the Small?

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/AyatoSato
    [link] [comments]

    Would it have been better, if there were two separate health bars?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:30 AM PDT

    As of right now, the game's health bar tells the player this. You begin at 100% health, and every time you die, you lose a piece of it until you only have half left. And you're stuck with that until you use another effigy.

    But one way to look at it, is that half of your total health bar is your 'true' health bar, and anything above that is just bonus. And I feel that, if they were to have designed the health bar to reflect upon that (like maybe having the regular red bar be filled, and the 'extra' health being an overlapping blue line that depletes before the red), would that make players feel less 'punished'?

    With the 'bonus' health bar, I feel players would instead feel that the extra health is a reward, rather than feeling the lessened health bar is punishing them for dying, and might even create different incentives to keep going, despite nothing fundamentally changing about the gameplay.

    submitted by /u/Shadoremi64
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment