• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 13, 2021

    Dark Souls dark souls challenge

    Dark Souls dark souls challenge


    dark souls challenge

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    You must wear a full set of hollow soldier armor, as a male large character, and stay human, using only the spear, and hollow shield as weapons.

    The challenge?

    Try not to gag on the complete horror story of bad fashion souls and admire the thicc thighs revealed by those leggings. CHoose your class. This is anti magic run, no chanting weapons or shields. Pure solid normalicy. Rings of course are your choice haha. Those things make or break games.

    submitted by /u/Ok-2021
    [link] [comments]

    I Beat Dark Souls Remastered

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:44 PM PDT

    I beat sekiro but this was my first dark souls game And it was insane, the toughest boss for me was ornsetein and smough everything after was easy

    submitted by /u/Noah_Stricklin
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought dark souls remastered so this is my first time playing dark souls

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:26 PM PDT

    Recently I bought dark souls remastered but I wasn't as prepared as I thought i was any tips to help me out?

    submitted by /u/_fairwarning_
    [link] [comments]

    Spoiler-free advice for new players

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:03 AM PDT

    My favorite part of Dark Souls is the midgame. I'm on a new playthrough and as usual, when I get to the Depths I park at a bonfire and put down my white sign while farming for resources. The majority of players who summon me to fight the boss have not carefully explored the area, which makes the boss fight harder than it needs to be for them.

    New players: exploration is your friend. Almost every zone in this game will reward a player who digs into every nook and cranny before facing the boss. Veterans: what is one piece of advice you would give to a new player?

    submitted by /u/dsartori
    [link] [comments]

    To be honest Dark souls 1 has the best combat in my eyes

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    I always love comparing and contrasting the different styles of combat each fromsoftware game has brought.

    I also love it because my opinion is always drastically shifting from the smallest things like a change of mindset and my whole ranking list will be flipped upside down. A recent example of this happened when I did a recent playthrough of dark souls after a very long break from. I think i stopped playing around the time scholars of the first sin came out for dark souls 2.

    But yea before I started my recent play though my opinion was that blood borne was at the top followed by sekiro then, dark souls 3 with dark souls near the bottom, but as the title says that's not the case anymore.

    When i thought of dark souls It always seemed like a blank slate to me, no real enjoyment to offer unless you build onto it like it's sequels and counterparts did. I thought all of it's love came purely from founders status and nostalgia.

    But during my new play through, which mind you I had newbie knowledge since I didn't remember much and I never beat it before I slowly saw the value in Dark souls combat that was actually lost in it's counterparts and sequels.

    Dark souls to me represented the antithesis to power fantasy in gameplay. I actually think that's where a lot of it's difficulty comes from. Your character so weak and frail mere footsteps from the enemy can make you lose balance. Where you could say the chosen undead has shield's and etc and the hunter doesn't. The hunter doesn't need a shield because he is far more capable and stronger than the chosen undead. The chosen undead can't even pull out a fraction of the power he steals from deities, like say the ashen one uses, flying through the air with double great swords.

    How slow you are never feeling like you can rush things, The limited moveset to the point where even hollows have crazier movesets than us, and the beautifully long animations for even the simplest of maneuvers.

    I think it's actually intriguing because dark souls actually would be a bad action game by many definitions when you look at with it's sequels being better, but this is actually one trap hole that I and many others fall into. dark souls set its own criteria which is the souls genre, and the souls genre is or should be naturally at odds with the action genre. But as it stands many are starting to move more towards action. I think this is also where dark souls 3 failed itself. I'm not saying it's bad I'm saying that it could've been the best or equal to dark souls 1 imo. But it stepped into the realm of "action games" which naturally puts it at a disadvantage because dark souls was never designed around that in the first place, so when you compare it to something like sekiro it naturally will lose and seem weak because it's stepping into territory it never was in. Dark souls has yet to have a true successor to it's format and I'd like to know more about how can you improve a souls game to be a better souls game, not a better action game.

    So I guess my title is a little misleading. I say its the best combat,because it exist on a different plane than it's peers, which makes it the best in my eyes

    So yea my list now goes

    1 Dark souls

    2 Bloodborne

    3 Sekiro:shadows die twice

    4 dark souls 3

    submitted by /u/Humanitys-Humanity
    [link] [comments]

    What was the first moment that made you recognize this game is depressing?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:18 AM PDT

    Sure many stories can monologue you to death about how dreadful the world of a game or story your viewing is, but actually showing you is something that i find more intriguing.

    From dark souls intro i thought it would just be your generic edgey fantasy game talking about darkness and death all the time. But man when I first got to FireLink shrine and just seeing how empty it was and devoid of life it was, unsettled me. I explored a little bit, until i bumped into the fire keeper lady only to find out she can't speak. It was such a small detail, but it made me come to the realization that this game coincidentally was not for my enjoyment and was actually depressing.

    The fair maiden that usually guides you through games and comforts you, was mute and in a cage. What makes it even more special is that even the other soulslike games didn't show such a decrepit version of this trope.

    submitted by /u/Humanitys-Humanity
    [link] [comments]

    Capra Demon.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:35 AM PDT

    Guys and gals I'm having real trouble with this guy, maybe it's because I'm a dark souls noob! Any advice on how to best him (or if any of you are feeling kind you could always jump into my game it would be greatly appreciated!)

    submitted by /u/JCSutton251286
    [link] [comments]

    Which Fromsoft game has the best platinum trophy?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:33 AM PDT

    Just finished off the dark souls remastered platinum trophy and was wondering which ones people think are the hardest and/or most enjoyable. The grind on Dark Souls 3 for covenant items almost killed me but I found Dark Souls Remastered really enjoyable.

    submitted by /u/VermillionDynamite
    [link] [comments]

    Why didn’t I just learn to parry?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:59 AM PDT

    Finally got to Gwyn and spent 2 hours last night learning to parry against his knights just to prepare myself for him. Get through the gate and shit my pants every time. Fuck Gwyn.

    submitted by /u/FfunnyFfrend
    [link] [comments]

    Here's something I made

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:07 AM PDT

    I share the link to my post on r/fromsoftware because I think I can't make a crosspost on this sub and also it doesn't let me upload images.

    Here is an Estus Flask I made with a flask, a shot glass and virtral paint, I hope you all like it!

    submitted by /u/Akira_Arkais
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for battle of stoicism gazebo participants

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:57 PM PDT

    I have never done the B.S.G. as I just got here on my first mg, and tried matchmaking. Sat there for like 5 minutes and got nothing, so I figured I'd come here to try and find people to fight. Anyone?

    submitted by /u/MasterChiefAlt2
    [link] [comments]

    Best boss in Dark Souls 1?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:43 AM PDT

    Poll

    I personally think it's Artorias (yeah very daring & surprising choice I know).

    I just think he is the best package of cool & difficult moveset, interesting lore, great arena, nice model design and epic theme. He has it all. Kalameet would come as close second for me. The build up to his fight was so much hype with no disappointment at the end.

    I would like to hear your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/IamLoaderBot
    [link] [comments]

    My Souls Journey

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    WWWTLDR: Little baby too scared to play souls until 2020 and now rants about how life changing playing all six games fresh in six months was. Thank you From Software, you bunch of Bungers.

    After I beat Ghosts of Tsushima, I was really into the idea of playing another samurai game, and the best looking one out there was Sekiro. I'd always had a self defense mechanism about the From Software games, telling myself they weren't worth my time because they seemed hard for no reason, and looked ugly. But with the beauty of Sekiro... and my newfound need to play a samurai game, all the excuses were out the window, so I gave it a shot.

    I was super defensive, had my posture broken and got destroyed by what I'll call the level 2 enemies in Ashina outskirts an embarrassing number of times. I eventually reached the ogre through brute force and sprinting, only to be repeatedly obliterated by him for maybe 15 hours with no end in sight. I was done. All of those defense mechanisms came back roaring into my head. I called the game bullshit and swore off of it.

    In November, I was lucky enough to secure a day one PS5 off of the online Target sale. The first thing I got was Bugsnax. Yes, Bugsnax. Despite it being an incredible game, worthy of an entire subreddit's devotion, it was empty, it lacked a certain vision I'll be talking about later. The PS5 exclusive that looked incredibly beautiful, but was haunting me in my sleep was the Demon's Souls remake.

    I've played video games for 20 years. I've always appreciated the care a developer has to put in to make an experience enjoyable, especially when it's a single player experience. All of the fun of hanging with friends online is taken out, and it's just you, the mechanics, and the story. Despite my preconceived notions of the Soulsbounre series, I always saw how rabid this fanbase was, the thought of a future game which will remain nameless being made with a George R.R Martin story, a shiny new PS5 exclusive, along with my frustration of never getting at this series finally got me to commit and attempt "gitting good".

    The Vanguard Demon spanked me, I let it go. I entered 1-1 with the focus of understanding every little bit of what makes this game tick. I set small goals for each run. Clear out the stairs, get up the first tower, farm enough souls to go up a level. And then, I saw the first shortcut and everything clicked,. This game isn't hard for no reason. Every little permanent achievement you get like that shortcut, or upgrading your weapon, not only makes your character feel more capable, but makes you feel more capable. This is the gameplay loop I conceptually knew existed, but couldn't understand until I actually went through it. The little victories like acing the Phalanx, figuring out how to get past the 1-2 Dragon, and getting out of the labyrinth-like hellscape that is 3-1 felt good, like I was actually doing something worthwhile. But beating Flamelurker and the Maneaters gave me a dopamine hit I really can't compare to anything I've experienced in real life. I know it's just a videogame, but it gave me a feeling of genuine accomplishment, Like I actually achieved something important. Getting that from a video game told me I needed to beat the rest of the games, for my own good. I took down Allant with relative ease, and decided to immediately jump back into the fight with that dammed ogre.

    I won't lie, the ogre was still a problem, especially because my trusty shield was gone. but after 20 tries or so I got it done. Getting that monkey off my back was amazing, and I couldn't wait to see what the rest of the game held in store. After getting used to the Dance Dance Revolution mechanics of Sekiro, I was having a blast. The challenge level was definitely higher, and to me the hardest of what the series has to offer. I definitely missed being able to chose my weapon, but the grace of the Sekiro combat had me coming back for more every night. The barrage of apes gave me that Flamelurker feeling I was craving, and Sword Saint Isshin and his Glock is to this day the hardest experience I think video games have to offer unless you get cheesy with him.

    I figured that since I already got used to working without a shield, I 'd play Bloodborne next. The trick weapons make this game. Honestly, I couldn't stand the bosses as a whole, although German, Maria and Orphan of Kos are three of my favorite fights to this day. That DLC is a masterpiece, but the rest of the game was just not for me, I didn't like the blood vial system, the frame rate was grating, and the bosses didn't play well with the camera. What I will say is that this game made me play the Dark Souls games in a more fun way than the way I played Demon's Souls. It forced me to work on my use of i-frames instead of wasting stamina hiding behind the shield, and the rally mechanic they introduced deserves a lot of credit for that.

    But then it was time to get back to were this movement started, Dark Souls. I decided to go with the remastered version, so parts of my vocabulary on how this experience was for most of you might be missing, but what I found was close to perfection. The level of detail that exists in this game and its sequels is such a pleasure to see. In a world of Destiny, Anthem, and Assassins' creed, I've been conditioned to just accept enemies existing because they exist. They're placed haphazardly around the play area, slightly relate to their environment and mix in one or two tactics that vary up the gameplay throughout the playthrough. In Dark Souls,, every group of enemies accomplished at least one of the following, and most did multiple: Taught me a new game mechanic, taught me how the weapon system works, forced me to play a different strategy, subverted something a previous enemy did to keep me on my toes, and most of all, belonged in their environment and were part of a cohesive, while intensely mysterious story. The feeling of accomplishment is the anchor to these games, but the level of care and detail in the enemies and environments is what I think makes the games the best we have in the last and current gen.

    Instead of making me cynical about what corner the devs cut around the next bend like in other games, these games make me cynical about the mind games the devs play with me. I feel like I know them better just by playing this digital program they created. Who they are, how they think, what they believe in. The Stanley Parable is the only thing that comes close to this in that respect. I could gush about the interconnected map, the completely innovative multiplayer system, and the way the game uses item descriptions to deepen every part of the game for hours. The NPC's especial Siegemeyer and everyone's favorite sunbro were incredibly deep characters, despite their lack of lines compared to other games' NPCs.

    Ornstein and Smough felt great to beat, My enchanted Uchigatana wielding sorcerer sped through the four lords, but before I fought Gwyn, I went and tried out the DLC. Again, From completely outclasses other studios in their DLCs They're short and to the point, make you experience the game slightly differently, and add completely new features that you were surprised weren't in the original game, but were thankful for, and didn't feel like you would need to make it feel like a whole experience. The value for dollar is elegantly fair.

    I thrashed Gwyn and was genuinely sad. I didn't know why. The score is obviously beautiful and melancholy, but compared to Seathe, Artorias, and Manus, he was just a pathetic old man holding onto the last bit of fire he had left. It was poetic ending to a masterpiece.

    From someone picking up these games in 2021, here's my perspective on Dark Souls 2 and the reaction it had (bear in mind I played scholar of the first sin). I think the hate it gets is fair, but despite that, if anyone says it isn't worth playing, they're out of their minds. The enemy placement in this game didn't live up to its predecessors. I can't qualify why, but their numbers and placement felt off. areas like the Forest of Fallen Giants and No Man's Wharf where inundated with mobs. I was dying because of a crowding issue that didn't feel fair, and my estus flask reached empty before I was satisficed with how much I explored. The way you get stunlocked in this game is oppressive, again, I can't really explain why. All of this compounded with the way soul memory works, led to killing enemies feeling like a risk. Every time I permanently lost souls I became disadvantaged in PVP. I also missed the interconnected world, but I don't think it's as big of a deal as some make it out to be.

    All of this said, I loved the infusion system in this game, I loved the weapons and their move sets, the environments are among the most varied and stunning, the enemy designs are really cool, and I like big guys with swords as bosses to many people's chagrin. But there weren't a lot of highlights (Dismantling Ornstein without his buddy was really cathartic, and I hold the Fume Knight fight up there with the best), and it's one of the only games in the series I was excited to beat rather than dreading finishing.

    I think DS3 is this studio's swan song. It captures the best elements from every game, and molds the weaknesses of one, with a strength of another's to make perfection. I took demon's souls FP bar and integrated it with melee builds, making them consider Attunement as an option and forcing a complex decision on how to use Estus. It balances the aggressive playstyle of Bloodborne with the methodical playstyle of Demon's Souls, and DS1/DS2 by giving you a shield, but adding plenty of stamina draining enemies and bosses with relentless combos, while at the same time making rolling more viable. In areas like the Demon Ruins an Ithryll, I experienced the same enemy clutter I experienced in DS2, but it felt segmented, and had shortcuts to make it make sense. The world was even more linear than DS2, but there were countless place to see what was ahead of and behind you at a distance, and each larger scale area felt like it's own open world rather than being a corridor. or small field. The beasts from Bloodborne came back, but they were humanoid and played nice with the camera (mostly). There were puzzle bosses, joke bosses, and the hardest bosses in the series. There were fair bosses, and bosses that you had to really put thought into. You could respec like in DS2, but it was limited in a way that made you have to think about it.

    When you play DS3 for the first time immediately after playing it's two predecessors for the first time in quick succession, the fan service really works. Seeing the Capra and Tauros Demon's immobilized corpses in the further rotted Izalith/Demon Runis was amazing. Going at it with the stray Demon again by getting lucky and finding the ladder in the obligatory swamp was incredibly rewarding. Siegmeyer's great grandson was my besty and hearing patches scold me for killing the giants he planned to use to take my assets for his perpetually defunct startup was actually my favorite moment in the series. They recreated the Anor Londo arrow firing squad in a way were they acknowledged they were too mean in DS1. I was delighted.

    The DLC was again great, but the bosses were on another level. Slave Knight Gael is the most balanced fight in the series. He's avoidable, hits mildly hard, but has a huge healthpool. It's a marathon that feels great, and his cape swinging is a victory lap for the iframe mechanic. It really is perfection. Sister Friede is a beautiful mess that clearly inspired some Sekiro bosses in multiple ways. The titanite slab and phase three reveal is a middle finger That I love From for. And Midir is Midir...

    And then I killed Soul of Cinder who's fun as hell. A strong nod to Gwyn, not quite as strong as other bosses in the game, but really cool, and sad to beat. but this time, I was sad because it's over. I can never have these little moments of joy experiencing these classics for the first time again, which I guess I why I wanted to share it with you all.

    The fact we have no Elden Ring news in 2 years is for sure hollowing.. but it makes me happy. They could just release a gameplay trailer today. But the they'll take a feature out and we'll complain. These people are artists, and setting expectations for an upcoming piece is compromising. Let them take as much time as they need, they've proven to us that when they release something, it's a whole piece of work, not just bits thrown together. Can't wait to dive in fresh with the rest of you guys for the first time!!

    Curious to know what you're favorite parts of these games are, some of your highlights, and what you'd love to see in Elden ring.

    Praise the Sun!!

    submitted by /u/Jealous_Ad1618
    [link] [comments]

    When did you fall inlove with the game?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    I started to love the games when i play DKS3

    submitted by /u/GreenGlitch7858
    [link] [comments]

    I attacked lautrec in his cell...

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:26 PM PDT

    Im wondering if he will stay there if I move on with the main story. He keeps kicking my ass and id like to come back when I'm stronger if possible.

    submitted by /u/taboopiano
    [link] [comments]

    Ranged Robin Hood PvE Playthrough: Composite Bow vs Avelyn?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    I'm doing a ranged only build. I know for Avelyn it's usually Lightning Avelyn + Lightning Bolt. For Composite Bow, I really have no idea.

    1) What stats, upgrades, and arrows do people go with Composite?

    2) Of the two, which one is better?

    3) Any way to deal with shielding enemies as a ranged only build? I'm okay with sprinkling some magic but I can't say I'm too interested in casting.

    submitted by /u/KijoSenzo
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 4, Bloodborne 2 or Sekiro 2?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    Which one would you want?

    I'm leaning towards Bloodborne 2...

    submitted by /u/brodingoson
    [link] [comments]

    Plz help

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:38 AM PDT

    I just killed the dead dragon in painted world of ariamis and the other half won't get off the bridge

    submitted by /u/Due_Screen5245
    [link] [comments]

    So has anyone ever actually used the dark sign?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:07 AM PDT

    Is there any reason for it to exist? Like it's basically just a suicide button right?

    submitted by /u/masonderulo13
    [link] [comments]

    I just got past the Anor Londo archers, first try...

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:32 AM PDT

    I don't know how, but I've been dreading it, and I managed to take both out no worries. Am I blessed or something?

    submitted by /u/camzabob
    [link] [comments]

    Is using phantoms cheating?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:41 PM PDT

    After the advice y'all gave me yesterday I went to kill the goat man but found it too hard due the hounds attacking my back.

    So I summoned a phantom and the boss fight was significantly more easy. The guy was throwing lightning.

    I was happy to be able to progress with the game but it felt kinda cheap.

    Are you supposed to use phantoms to win or is it more of a crutch?

    submitted by /u/dwarf_in_a_giant
    [link] [comments]

    Is Velka helping Gwyndolin (through Oswald)?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:23 PM PDT

    SPOILERS WARNING: This thread will contain lore spoilers related to weapons and locations.

    So i was sharing with someone about how everything in the Painted World is feared by the Gods (at least Gwyn and company), and Occult deals extra damage to Gwyn and Gwyndolin, you find Velka's stuff in it, etc.

    One would think Velka is not in the good books of them all, but then Oswald of Carim sells Book of Indictment, which helps report sinners to the Blades of the Darkmoon?

    So is the accepted lore that Velka just does Velka stuff? Is she actually sided with Gwyndolin, or were the devs lazy and everything would make total sense if any other NPC sold the Book of Indictment rather than Oswald?

    submitted by /u/emanuelde
    [link] [comments]

    Just accidentally killed Siegmeyer in Sen’s Fortress with a plunging attack.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:09 AM PDT

    Rip titanite slab and emit force. Of course I'm running a faith build so it actually would have been amazing. Guess I'll have to wait till NG+ for my grenade launcher

    submitted by /u/Djax24
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment