• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 28, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Nightshift doodle: Meditating with Vengarl

    Dark Souls 2 Nightshift doodle: Meditating with Vengarl


    Nightshift doodle: Meditating with Vengarl

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:39 AM PDT

    Not getting an item, is the worst, when it’s in plain sight. Any way to get it down without the scorpion?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:54 AM PDT

    DANM YOU, PLAYER!!! THEY WERE MY FRIENDS!,

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:09 PM PDT

    I hate platforming. SERIOUSLY.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    That's it. I just hate. I suck at it. I die every time. Even in the easiest jump. And then I come back for my souls or that useless item that is just over there. Because I tell to myself, come on, it ain't that hard. And then... I die again. It's the only thing that still scares me in Dark Souls. THAT TINY GAP. Sorry, I had to get it out of my system.

    Pd: Don't know what is the most appropriate flair for this post.

    submitted by /u/desd960
    [link] [comments]

    Almost went hollow, but yesterday I finally beat the Character Creator!

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:23 PM PDT

    Looking Glass Knight Metal Cover

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    Is DLC included in Dark Souls 2: Scholar Of The First Sin?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:06 AM PDT

    I can't see any DLC for Ds2: Softs on steam

    submitted by /u/lordkaann
    [link] [comments]

    New player here, I'm wondering when to do dlc

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 11:32 AM PDT

    I'm currently going through my first playthrough of DS2 and so far I'm enjoying it. Unlike in my playthrough of DS1, I don't want to make the mistake of beating the final boss before doing the dlc so I'm wondering when abouts I should start it. I'm currently around SL 100 and have gotten the four great souls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Phosluse
    [link] [comments]

    How do you make a hex/melee build in ds2?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 06:08 AM PDT

    Hello, I am starting my first ds2 playthrough and I wanted to make a hex/melee build. I wanna mainly rely on use hex but be able to switch to melee when I feel like it. The things I want to know are:

    • Class/starting gift to pick?
    • Order to invest my stats in?
    • Staffs/talismans/chimes to get early on?
    • Weapons to get early on?
    • Weapons/talismans/chimes/stafss to look out for that are not early on?
    submitted by /u/stallfest
    [link] [comments]

    What was your first playthrough like?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 10:47 AM PDT

    I'm still going through mine but I was curiois so if anyone wants to share the story of their first playthrough, go ahead! How tough was it? Was it as good as you expected it to be? Did you enjoy(or hate) it as much as you thought you would?

    submitted by /u/Erik96354
    [link] [comments]

    Invading help- xbox!

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    I am a friendly invader on xbox. My bf and I made invading characters that cap below 600,000 soul memory. We've been invading for the last couple weeks or so, with our combined stock of cracked red eye orbs. Now we have completely run out of our cracked red eye orbs and are trying to source more. Any thoughts? Since we are capped SM we can't buy them. Does anyone have any spare they could send our way?

    submitted by /u/folkly
    [link] [comments]

    I've Changed My Mind About DarkSouls 2- Sorta

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:38 PM PDT

    I bought Sotfs in 2015. Previous to DK2 I platinum'd Demon's Souls, Dark Soul 1, and BloodBorne. I did go into the game watching some reviews and 'critique' videos. I remember many things about the game which irritated me: the floaty combat, the crazy precision with rolls, the non-interconnectedness of the world, the seemingly absent soundtrack and unique ambient noises in the levels, the lack of 'weight' of the boss fights, enemies ganking you.. ect. I remember beating Lost Sinner, Old Iron King and Duke Freja... something happened and I just put the game down to play other games. I still had a taste of mediocracy from memory when picking it back up.

    Fast Forward to 2021 and I got back into the game. I started a playthrough set on a fth/str build (I had no idea From nerfed faith to hell to the point where it's really just a good class for extra heals). I learned that ADP helped with iframes. I made it past the point in my previous playthrough and now i've beaten the game and I'm working my way through the DLC's (Had to beat Sihn with NPC help, (just beat Fume solo, he's much easier when he only has the 1 sword).

    What's frustrating is I'm still an Fth/Str build and I think 3 of the better offensive spells are locked behind multiple play-throughs. And the best (arguably) offensive miracle is locked behind either offline solo grinding or finding luck with SM in the sunbro covenant. I'm aware you can just obtain enough soul memory to skip getting the 4 Lord Souls, i might do that? Black Gultch shouldn't exist in the way does, and the ThroneDefenser/Watcher/Nashandra fights were too tough for me to handle solo (summoned NPC phantoms). I feel like I can platinum the game but there feels like a lot of grinding to get certain spells offline and the 2 v 1 boss fights really put me off, especially when movement, attack animations, rolling, stamina consumption have to be so precise (looking at you Darklurker). I'll probably be NPC summoning a lot in NG+.

    After playing through the game thus far I've come to realize that although it can be quite frustrating, it's still an enjoyable experience. It can look downright breathtaking when light hits armor and the environment. The torch/fire really does make the game look better. There's an unlimited about of upgrade material if you want to try using new weapons. There are more than enough soul vessel drops for respeccing. More enemies than not get stunned when you hit them if you have a heavy-hitting attack (the undead hollows in Sunken City had far too much poise imo). After this, I'll replay Sekiro if I feel like platinuming this game or no. It feels like I just stopped playing Sekiro because I didn't give it enough of a chance (I beat I think 3-4 bosses). I guess you can 'deflect' all you want and it won't fill your stun gauge? Anyways, thanks for reading. Did you have the same thoughts about the game or did you fall in love with it immediately?

    submitted by /u/DARK--DRAGONITE
    [link] [comments]

    So I have played DS1 and DS3, BB, and some other souls likes but never DS2, till recently

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:55 AM PDT

    I bought ds2 Sotfs and wow was it different. So here is my review! Enjoy the wall of text and bad spelling!

    I never played it before, simply because I will admit I did get sold on all the hate DS2 gets for not really having much to do with the other souls games. It does, and yet at the same time, it doesnt. Its more Knights and magic than it is Souls and stuff.

    Pros: Glorious colors, fun unique zones, nifty Magic system (you can finally be a true pure caster and not feel bad), Lots of bosses, options, paths to take, all around replayability. Fun unique bosses and encounters, the plot!!!! I like the torch feature, it was a neat addition and made you really appreciate having lights. The special effects were amazing. Game really felt medieval. NPC invasions were a ball to have. Killing characters doesnt mean its the end, you can summon them later. Entire sets of gear that do amazingly cool stuff like the merchant set, mixed with the silver ring gives you 45% more souls. You can despawn entire zones. You can also increase difficulty and respawn bosses with bonfire stuff.

    Cons: You move as if you are in molassis all the time, durability on some weapons make them nigh unusable ever, since in 6 hits they break (channelers trident, I am looking at you). Or some weapons are so big that outside of for fun, you dont use them because they block your whole screen. You fight reskins of boss knights, or doubles of boss knights. Waaaayy to many Knights in general. Fume Knight was NOT as fun as people say. The DLC had these stupid evil OP Horses. AN Entire DLC made my build unusable really with all the magic resist. The zones are...odd. Like the path from Marjula to Heides...you are heading deep into the mountains through a tunnel, and then emerge miles out into the ocean? I do not buy the timey whimy bullcrap when it comes to walking to physical locations. A weird Con that I put here, plot does a 180 later and everything you were playing the game for no longer mattered and is completely set aside with out warning. We go from trying to protect and save our memories, to suddenly giving a damn about souls, and the fire? That transition made ZERO sense. My character couldnt give two shits about rekindling the flame. Or the so called "old souls".

    Major Con Detractions: Numbered

    1.)Wonky Hit boxes made a lot of encounters not just frustrating, but game wrecking. Trolls being able to one shot you by grabbing you somehow while you were behind them because their grab box clipped the edge of your character magically. Being teleported in front of a boss you easily avoided and getting impale one shot. Wonky hit boxes stating that while they can hit you, you wiff them while they are right in front of you not moving and they have much shorter weapons.

    2.) ADP was a weird requirement for a magic user. I get that AtN was the caster version but you had to have both just to get the slow roll I frames from DS1 or you were screwed. And you have things from point 1 happen.

    3.) ds2 answer to twinking was so mental. So you add soul memory, to prevent twinks from destroying you at the start of the game, however you add a ring that removes that requirement thus stripping an entire ring slot from someone so that they can pvp and they can now screw up your day? But you also make it affect pve as well? What if you and your besties are having a ball playing together and one person suddenly gets to far ahead because a set of armor they want required farming, but alas soul memory never forgets no matter if you dont level, so now you and your friend cant play together unless they play catch up.

    4.) Parry. Parrying anything in ds2 was about as pointless and frustrating as it was in ds3. At least in ds3 the game made no secret that parrying was just a for funs thing, and people who use it in pvp always got horrifically punished for trying it because it was so easy to punish. Ds2 does that but makes it so that in PVE you have three or four different timing issues depending on what kind of shield you are using. While I adore the depth of combat and the care you have to use to watch for attack animations, thats a lot of mind space I could definitely use on something else. I am going to use the royal soldiers as an example. Parrying them was completely hit or miss, you ether got it exactly right or they murdered you. People say that the timing is really important, but to this day no one can exactly tell you when you should start your parry. Even if you are discussing the same shield or whatever. Why? Because for some reason they say parry when the creatures arm is at some location by the shoulder. Others say the start of the animation. OThers even say if you see the animation its to late because you have to compensate for lag. Stuff like that makes learning to parry aweful for new players and gives them a kneejerk reason to avoid it. Why use something that doesnt work right or punishes you for even bothering. It is a huge reminder of the silver knights from anar londo in ds1, you watch their attack animation and go to parry it and mid attack they change it from a downswing to a stab even though it looks like they boneless twisted their arm into a knot to do it and suddenly your dead. So now you have to learn to watch for a bad animation effect...

    5.) Seeking advise on anything other than builds in the community is a death sentence of trolls and assholes. Need help on a spot your stuck on? "Haha how? Those guys are easy, you just need to know the cosmic balance my testicles, while using a weapon that you only get if you knew about a boss you get to later in the game and is completely optional. Why dont you have it already or know about it even though you have never played? And like How have you not beat the game on ng ++++ already after only having the game 2 hours"...heaven forbid you ask what the game was like before Sotfs. You get the "I walked up hill both ways in winter while a moose was trying to sodomize me to school everyday when I was young" response. ANd then you find out Ds2 original was actually pretty easy and sotfs made even the most hardcore quit playing because of the mob placement changes...

    All that said Id give this game a solid 6.9/10 and recommend it to anyone. Its not for everyone granted, but its still fun and awesome in its own way. Its like that woman you meet, shes awesome, shes perfect, yet like all people, she does have faults, and you can ether overlook them, or you cant and you two dont make it.

    submitted by /u/Primal-Faithlessness
    [link] [comments]

    DLC

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    Played through the main game now just have vendrick, nashandra, and the Darklurker to beat. Was considering jumping on the expansions before finishing this run, and wondered which one would be the best starting point?

    submitted by /u/PriorFee3629
    [link] [comments]

    Is the craftman's hammer a good weapon ? I have defeated the Lost Sinner, the Rotten and the Old Iron King using it but I am now thinking of using the Santier's Spear. Any thoughts ?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:24 AM PDT

    This is my first time playing dark souls 2 I had completed dark souls 1 using claymore but this time I thought of using other weapons so please help.

    submitted by /u/Legend821642
    [link] [comments]

    SL1 v.s. Fume Knight

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 05:36 AM PDT

    So... Soul level 1... I'm stuck on Fume knight... Even had him to where I didn't see this health bar once...

    I have Cale's helm, 3 pieces of peasant attire, vessel shield, ring of the embedded (not sure if that's right, but it's prisoner's chain in 3), life ring +3, 3rd dragon ring, and chloranthy+1 to up my stats and stamina regen.

    Is there any ring that extends the I-frames, cuz 9/10 times I die, it's cuz I get clipped by something or was off half a millisecond late on a dodge. If so, where can I find it?

    I've also been using raipier raw +10 with either gold pine or dark resins. Any other helpful tips would be good, but I've had about 75 tries in, so I know this movesets... I just need to do a no hit run for him not to kill me.

    submitted by /u/Xavier_Arai
    [link] [comments]

    how the fuck do you get good at ds2

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:37 PM PDT

    ds1 and 3 i can manage with but not 2 its pain

    submitted by /u/Child_Services-
    [link] [comments]

    Every playthrough i do, There’s always a hollow soldier running around this area

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:26 PM PDT

    Endgame questions

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    Dear Bearers of the Curse,

    At the end of Scholar of the First Sin Edition I got a few questions:

    1) optional bosses & Vendrick preparation:

    should I do this Ancient Dragon to obtain its soul before going into the Vendrick fight or are 4 Giants Souls enough with SL 133, 50 vigor, 33 Dex, 35 adp, weapon+10?).

    2) And more in general: did you like these fights (including Aldia which is enabled then)?

    3) new game plus: you can continue playing after beating the last boss and after seeing the credits, correct? So other than Lore-wise, DLCs can be started whenever one wants?

    4) Quality DLC: did you like them more than the main game from a quality / fun point of view? Are they absolutely worth it?

    Thanks a lot for your answers and thoughts!

    submitted by /u/J-Coltrane
    [link] [comments]

    Can we have a talk about Soul Memory?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    I think soul memory is a better system for balanced match making in PvP and co-op.

    characters are balanced depending on how many souls they have spent

    twinking titanite weapons at +0 do more damage than other +0 weapons

    cat ring?

    -1 ring slot for agape ring

    I see the SL 1 runs, but all their weapons are +10, and they bought all the rings and spells, so their SL1 character would oneshot my SL 33, SM 39,999 character. I just think these particular runs should take a soul memory limit into account. If you want to do SL1 at 10million soul memory, that's cool, I wouldn't do it, but it's your time and your playthrough.

    I love hanging out at low soul memory, because i can always be summoned at the forest of fallen giants and recover my humanity.

    I am willing to practice what I preach and do a SL1 SM30k for the community.

    submitted by /u/TheChadMage
    [link] [comments]

    Never disrespect NPC invaders

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 04:58 PM PDT

    Weapon advice,

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:10 AM PDT

    Hey there,

    I am starting a new build soon and am looking for some good/fun weapon advice for PVE. I have tried a strength faith build (using Halberds, Greatswords, Greathammers and the one poison Katana) and a mage falchion build so far.

    Any advice is appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/Zeppinator-
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to instill dread in invaded hosts?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 05:46 AM PDT

    One of my favourite parts of the series is the feeling of dread an unexpected invasion instills. I'm interested to hear your recommendations for effective means to do so (corrosive urns are a step too far but perhaps every other underhanded tactic is in).

    For locations, I was thinking places with OP PVE support are good, like The Hidden Sanctum Chamber bonfire or Black Gulch. The Gutter also could be good for the ability to sneak around in the dark? Or places with long tracks between bonfires?

    For weapons, I was thinking those with bleed or poison build-up?

    Suggestions for spells? Maybe a oneshot Red Tearstone build?

    For fashion, anything scary looking - maybe like The Dark Mask?

    Anything that could increase the element of surprise could be helpful like The Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring and silver talismans. Lloyd's talismans could also help to increase the tension and instill panic?

    submitted by /u/Substantial-Tea7972
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment