• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 6, 2021

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (March 05, 2021)

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (March 05, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (March 05, 2021)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 1 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Finally defeated the Capra Demon!!!!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 08:12 PM PST

    After years of attempting this game on and off , I've always hit a wall at the Capra Demon and the gank dogs causing me to drop the game. Today I finally managed it on my 2nd attempt this playthrough with only a sliver of health left and my heart racing. I know this isn't very impressive or noteworthy but I've never felt so elated in a souls game and I can't wait to find out what else this game has in store for me.

    My moment of victory

    submitted by /u/Dminnick
    [link] [comments]

    First time player here. I've just gotten through the Depths. At the top of the ladder leading into Blighttown is a message from a player. It simply reads, "Tears".

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 02:46 PM PST

    Pretty much sums up my time in Blighttown.

    submitted by /u/Ironfields
    [link] [comments]

    One year ago...

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 07:22 AM PST

    I was sitting in my living room and had just died to Seath the Scaleless when my wife called me to tell me she was going into labour. Haven't had the time to pick the game back up since, but now my favourite game will always be associated with the best moment of my life. Praise the son. (Massive apologies for that pun)

    submitted by /u/PollockandKey
    [link] [comments]

    New to the game, and it’s had a huge effect on me.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 05:58 PM PST

    So I bought the game last year knowing very little about the series, but had good luck buying a game blind before in Shadow of Mordor so I rolled the dice again.

    I sank what felt like hours and hours into the game to only be smashed by the Taurus Demon time and time again. Proper hollowed out, i uninstalled the game out of frustration. Didnt think about playing again until the girl I started dating a few months ago looked through my games saw it and said she used to love playing it. She wasn't much better than me but she knew the fundamentals of all the mechanics and plowed through the Bell Gargoyles, I'd never had so much anxiety/fun watching someone play.

    I wasn't about to let her just show me up at my own game, I made my own character and just said Time to get gud, jack.

    Navigating the world and building my character up until Anor Londo quickly became a cakewalk for me.

    Playing remaster, I learned Blighttown is not as terrible as it once was, and I honestly LOVE that area. The basilisks in the depths didnt sway me either, I loved navigating that cess pit maze, loved the challenge, loved leveling up and looting all the items I could find becoming fairly OP by Sens Fortress, completely ruining each of the lower level/early accessible areas.

    Then Anor Londo really snuffs your ego. Almost hollowed out again with these two buffoons Ornstein and Smough. Only guide I looked up was to see if anyone else was having luck using the weapon I had (+10 claymore) and saw that was viable. I told myself there is a way.

    On my 5th attempt, I solo demolished those two idiots. Two handed berserked Ornstein almost immediately and chipped away at Smough verrrrry slowly and meticulously. Used all my Estes and like 4 humanities (facepalm) but I made it, and skeletons, it feels fucking good man.

    Lord vessel in tow, I warped back to fire link, leveled up, quit to the home screen and taking a break for the day. Helluva good stopping point. I need to bask in this.

    I've been lurking this board all the while and I love reading all the new players still discovering the game, and the general positive vibe of the community, you guys are hilarious. I hope I'm reading that right.

    Don't any of you go hollow out there!

    submitted by /u/B1Gpilgrim
    [link] [comments]

    everybody makes post about how dark souls cure their depression so ı am going to tell how dark souls give me depression

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:33 AM PST

    first of all ı love dark souls dont forget that

    so lets start: when ı play dark souls for the first time i dont know what to do ı was a kid that buys games with looking at their art,and there is a badass knight that looks like a fighting game like God of War right,RİGHT!! ı come to home and try to play the game and choose a knight and when ı open the game first think ı say was ''wow this games is glitched'' because ı choose kinght and try to make a nice head but the thing i was see is a man that burned in hell,ı said whatever and and go and there is people crying ı dont hit them and walk straight and see a fire,ı try to interract with it and it burn then ı think ''wow ı am a wizard also'' so there is a big door ı open the door and enter there,and see the biggest jumpscare ı cdan ever see,A FAT GREEN THİNG JUMPS ON ME WİTH HİS WİGGLY BUTT,ı didnt pass him and ı look at videos of dark souls and see there is a door ı must pass,ı pass the door and now the crying guys kill me,ı cried that day that thinking i am a bad player even cant beat these type of monsters and give the game back,ı didnt play games like 2 years thinking about that game and how bad ı am

    last year ı buy all soulsborn games with dlc and ı have platinium trophy ın every game

    thanks miyazaki that you give me depression and cure my depression

    submitted by /u/lordofdarksouls
    [link] [comments]

    What the Dark Souls Actually Are

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:43 AM PST

    Here the first chapter of my souls borne theory, it explain what the dark souls are. I hope you will find it interesting and check out the whole article. See you in the comments!

    CHAPTER I: MY CLAIM

    0. Principle

    0.0

    "This black sprite is called humanity, but little is known about its true nature.If the soul is the source of all life, then what distinguishes the humanity we hold within ourselves?" -Humanity- Dark Souls

    I will go directly to the point: The Dark Soul is the Souls of the Cosmos represented accordingly to the imaginary of Hinduism, Berserk and HP. Lovecraft.

    0.1

    In Hinduism we find the duality Atman and Brahma where the first one is the soul of the individual and the second is the soul of the cosmos. The Atman (soul) comes from the Brahma (humanity) and it is destined to come back to it sooner or later. This process of reunion is often described with the metaphor of "a drop of water falling in the Ocean".

    0.2

    In Berserk (and in Dark Souls) we find several concept related to Hinduism and one of these is the concept of Brahma I just introduced, which manifests as the Abyss. When a creature dies, its soul goes to the Abyss which is defined as a swelling ocean of willingness made of dark souls.

    *the words in bold are the author choice*

    Berserk, Guardian Angels of Desire (6):

    "BEFORE LONG YOU WON'T EVEN BE ABLE TO PRESERVE ANY FINAL REMNANTS OF YOUT INDIVIDUAL SOUL" "LIKE A DROP OF WATER, YOU'LL SIMPLY DISSOLVE, BECOMING NOTHING MORE THEN ANOTHER SWELL IN AN OCEAN OF DARK SOULS*"* -Femto- Berserk."ITS ENORMOUS…!, AN ENDLESS SWIRL OF CONSCIOUSNESS…!?" -Puck- Berserk.

    We can already notice how in one sentence we obtain the distinction between individual souls and dark souls, which distinction is represented with the Hindu metaphor of the drop of water described above {0.1}.

    (In the article here is the scan of the page)

    The dark souls get mentioned in Berserk

    The following come from the famous chapter 83, the one that Miura seem to regret have published because it reveal too much and too early to Griffith.

    God of The Abis (2):

    "ALL HUMANS HAVE DEEP IN THEIR SOULS A COMMON CONSCIOUSNESS THAT TRANSCENDS INDIVIDUALITY, THEIR COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS AS A SPECIES, ITS DARK SIDE, IS THIS SWELLING OCEAN." -God of the Abyss- Berserk*"I WAS BORN FROM THESE SWELLS, AS THE EGO OF THIS WORLD, THE DARKNESS THAT DWELLS IN EVERY HUMAN HEART, THE IDEA OF EVIL, THIS IS GOD"* -God of the Abyss - Berserk

    Apart a reiteration of the attribute of consciousness and darkness, the Abyss, and then these "dark souls", are said to be in the heart of each man. This remind us the work of Miyazaki where the humanity, a fragment of the Dark Soul, dwell in each human heart.

    0.3

    "I, myself, am all of you humans!" -Nyarlathotep- Persona 2

    Nyarlathotep is the soul of the primordial creator God, which make it a good catalyst as corporeal materialisation as soul of the cosmos. Also it is mentioned to be the "messenger heart and soul" of the gods which recall the image of the God of the Abyss in berserk: a giant heart pumping souls which lower part is the shape of a caduceus, symbol of Ermes/Mercury, the messenger of the Gods in Greek and Roman Mythology.

    In chapter II we will analyse the implications of what has been discussed above in relation to the Soulsborne series, and we will see how Nyarlathotep makes a perfect fit as soul heart and messenger, respectively in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne, in a process of materialisation from soul, to spirit till body as the Moon Presence.

    submitted by /u/The_Nameless_Simone
    [link] [comments]

    What in the everloving H was that?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:17 AM PST

    Yo guys I could use a lil help! was doing a soul level 1 one and going through new londo ruins, I had just opened the seal and turned the lever, I usually just homeward bone back but I was like hey let's take the natural route and go down the elevator and when i came out of the elevator i was ONE SHOTTED by white flying projectiles out of the sky, it looked like a clump of small white pellets and they just fell straight on my noggin, No drakes were aggro'd on me, The wiki says that no ghosts have a projectile attack apart from the lighting from the banshees. what is this? I've been playing dark souls since about a year after it came out but i've NEVER seen this before

    submitted by /u/batheinhappiness
    [link] [comments]

    what is giant dad

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:25 PM PST

    i'm relatively knew to the dark souls community i wanted to know what giant dad is cause i've seen some stuff with him in it

    submitted by /u/macksmurfee
    [link] [comments]

    Best physique for Smough's Armour?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:35 AM PST

    So, I've recently fallen into the Very Large body type + Smough's trap. I still plan on doing the cosplay build. Any suggestions which physique might work best for it?

    Most people recommend Slim. But how do ones like large top and the big head fare?

    submitted by /u/EcchiBot2000
    [link] [comments]

    Lautrec

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 08:40 PM PST

    I've found Lautrec to be annoying later in the game. Should I just knock him off the ledge while he's at Firelink? Are there any benefits to killing him later?

    submitted by /u/MassiveSail1775
    [link] [comments]

    Villainpedia: Knight Lautrec

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:51 AM PST

    So they speak french in Anor Londo ?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 04:57 PM PST

    This is a screenshot of one of the tombs around the Darkmoon Tombs bonfire and you can clearly read "A LA MEMOIRE" on it, meaning "in memory of".

    https://imgur.com/tQjwOvb

    submitted by /u/goatmanlvl12
    [link] [comments]

    What are your favorite areas in Dark Souls?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:50 PM PST

    The bosses notwithstanding, mine are the Painted World of Ariamis and New Londo Ruins. I love the creepy horror vibes of both areas. The howling wolves and the dark snowy forest surrounding the fortress really do it for me in Ariamis, and the lore and environmental storytelling of New Londo Ruins gives me the willies just thinking about it. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/2dtrees2
    [link] [comments]

    Conventional wisdom is to go into this game blind, but...

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 11:23 AM PST

    There are so many moments where I'm thinking to myself, "How in the hell was I supposed to figure this out on my own????"

    Just as an example...

    How is it reasonable to expect someone to know that, in order to access the DLC, you need to go down to the lake in the Darkroot Basin, kill the hydra. Then, quit and reload or go back and rest at a bonfire. But then come back to the lake and run all the way to the hidden back corner of it and kill a Crystal Golem that just happened to appear. And then talk to the ghost lady who comes out of its body. Then go to the Duke's Archives and kill the Crystal Golem there to get a special pendant. Then return to the corner of the lake and examine a small black cloud hanging there.

    There are many other examples, but going into this game "blind" is a bit of a reach.

    submitted by /u/larebareblog
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Jeff that was an awesome spawn

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:58 PM PST

    Turn human inside the castle of Amor Londo See player summon sign Summon player and get invaded Tag team invader Kill titanite demon for fun Compete to see who can kill their guy first (o&s) Take on S for the win

    Thank you jeffrey, don't go hollow

    submitted by /u/idonnaknow
    [link] [comments]

    I did an oopsie

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 10:28 PM PST

    I did a terrible mistake and i'm wondering if it has any consequences, I was trying to kill the bodyguard of shiva in blighttown for the ring, but looks like my weapon wasn't strong enough to do tremendous amount of damage to the guy, anyway, shiva got angry and started attacking me while the ninja just ran away. I killed shiva because he was in the way then killed the ninja, now i feel guilty for killing shiva, is there anything bad that's going to happen when i killed him? (p.s the ninja was actually not trying to run away but got stuck under the bridge.)

    submitted by /u/Pix3lB0y
    [link] [comments]

    where should i go after getting the lordvessel?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:53 AM PST

    just got the lordvessel and wondering where to go next. i know i have to give it to one of the serpents but idk where kaath is or how to get to him. haven't been to painted world yet either

    submitted by /u/Traditional_Share157
    [link] [comments]

    Black knight sword +5?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:37 PM PST

    Can you upgrade the black knight sword higher then +5? If so how? Pretty sure I got both the embers needed for the Andre the blacksmith

    submitted by /u/baileyj17
    [link] [comments]

    A story from an offline version 1.0 player.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:24 PM PST

    This is just a funny story about my first time ever playing dark souls back in 2011. A bit of background, I didn't have home internet and I borrowed a copy of the game from a friend for Xbox 360. I wasn't able to use any guides or look anything up. This moment in gaming I will literally never forget.

    I was going through my first play through, seriously struggling to find my way along and even understand what I've been doing.

    I eventually make my way to sen's fortress, and it takes me a long time to get through it. Thing is, I never found the bonfire at the very top near the boss. So every time I died in sens fortress, I had to run the entirety of sens fortress over and over again. The worst part comes after I actually beat the iron golem and made my way to anor londo. After speaking to the fire keeper at the first bonfire there, I killed her. Because, why not? I wanted her soul for my estus. But then of course, the bonfire goes out, meaning my closest bonfire is at the blacksmith. So through all of sens fortress, the painted guardians on the thin rails, the gargoyle, all the way through, every single time I died I had to run sens fortress from start to finish. Wasn't until a friend came over and told me about it that I ever found it, so I probably ran sen's fortress over 100 times in my initial play though.

    Anybody else experience this madness with me?

    submitted by /u/Secretsnakes
    [link] [comments]

    Dad just tried to say that Dark Souls would never be talked about today if it weren't for DS3

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 11:16 PM PST

    The title says it all.

    submitted by /u/We_Will_AlI_Die
    [link] [comments]

    I JUST FINISHED THE GAME

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 10:00 AM PST

    YESS I LOVE THIS GAME I LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU

    submitted by /u/Giogay
    [link] [comments]

    Тhеrе is a Youtubеr саlled "Leon Faraday" that leаrns everyweеk а nеw skill. His rеlativеs раssed аway whеn he wаs 14, he mаkes videоs аbout оwn еxperiеnce of mаstering new skills and another videоs for pеople tо kееp motivаtion to lеаrn аnd try nеw things, becаusе we have only оne lifе !!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:48 AM PST

    Sоmе of videоs arе rеlatеd tо r/darksouls/, sоme skills аrе rеally useful, some of them just fоr fun, but I knоw friеnds оf minе thаt havе wаtched his vidеos in the lаst cоuple of wеeks аnd it has mаde a rеal pоsitivе diffеrenсe tо thеir life. He does videоs frоm how to juggle to еven hоw to рiсk a loсk with a couple оf paperclips. Very helpful stuff that еveryone whо dоesn't havе enоugh mоtivаtiоn оr just wants to lеаrn something coоl

    submitted by /u/GreGander3457
    [link] [comments]

    I just got dark souls lll on pc and all of the settings are in controller format

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 07:41 PM PST

    Mouse and keyboard works i just don't know what to press lol

    submitted by /u/ImAboutToShitMySelf
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment