• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 13, 2021

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (March 12, 2021)

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (March 12, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (March 12, 2021)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 09:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 1 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Knight Solaire art by me :)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 04:29 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/3tjwwsQ.png

    Edit: Thank you for the kind words everybody:)

    submitted by /u/pooandpeefortea
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls Remastered All bosses No Damage. I did it...This has been a personal challenge and I have managed to defeat all the bosses without taking damage. Awesome Game ❤

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 01:37 PM PST

    I know that this challenge has already been done by other players, but it is something I wanted to do for myself and well ... I have enjoyed it a lot.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtYg7UYnckg&feature=youtu.be

    submitted by /u/Joss2077
    [link] [comments]

    First half DS1>>Ds3, Second half DS1<<Ds3, change my mind

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 01:05 AM PST

    I think the first half of DS1 (before getting the Lordvessel) is probaly the mist fun and beutiful game i have ever played, but when u start the road to the lord the game play quality fall down. In petite londo u cant figth ur enemy, in the catacombs u cant see, in izalith is all lava, the only one that is fine for me is the archives. And when u arrive to the bosses is even worse, a 4 Vs 1, an immortal, some fucking skeleton that kick ur ass if u get too close and the bed of chaos. For me DS3 is not as good as the first part of DS1 but i think it maintein always the same road, the gameplay is always at the same quality.

    submitted by /u/SabbaMaister_KD
    [link] [comments]

    First time player, mind blown wide open.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 01:05 PM PST

    Long time lurker, first post on this subreddit...got a few thoughts.

    So I've just had my arse handed to me a bunch of times by Knight Artorias - So far my favourite boss by far. After finally giving in to curiosity over what makes this game so enigmatic and highly revered, I can happily say I'm a DS convert. I've played videogames since I was a kid, and never before have I come across a game that presents such a huge challenge to overcome, yet provides such a massive sense of achievement as each milestone achievement is made. Nito was my nemesis until I discovered fire magic, Queelag until I simply got better...you get the picture.

    There's something so peculiar about the feel of the game. The occasionally overbearing silence contrasting with the intense orchestral boss music, the no nonsense combat, the list goes on. Don't mean to sound snobbish, but I sort of feel like I'm part of a special group. We all know someone who's had a go and decided it was "too hard" - but I think that if you soldier on and push through, the reward is WAY worth the suffering.

    submitted by /u/TJmorgan22
    [link] [comments]

    Occult against O&S?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 01:03 AM PST

    Is occult effective against O&S?

    submitted by /u/Acceptable_Ad421
    [link] [comments]

    How much do you love blighttown?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 12:22 PM PST

    I honestly think its one of the coolest and amazing areas in the game.

    submitted by /u/JohnEugenBon
    [link] [comments]

    i saw lautrecs face

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 08:20 PM PST

    i hope to never see solaires

    submitted by /u/RandomStupidPizza
    [link] [comments]

    Chilling with the Female Undead Merchant

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 01:56 AM PST

    Playing through the game again, and found a new favorite spot: the tunnel by Firelink where this merchant resides. She lives behind bars with moss and moisture, but has never been happier. Nothing good ever happened to her in life, she says. So this existence as a simple moss merchant (who also sells many other useful items) is her happy place.

    submitted by /u/TheRealJojenReed
    [link] [comments]

    Holy Greatsword of Artorias

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 03:57 AM PST

    Anyone know where to buy Holy Greatsword of Artorias? I am from Australia

    submitted by /u/Throwaway_indecisive
    [link] [comments]

    I'm so glad the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst and Thorolund Talisman aren't in the other games

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 05:58 PM PST

    The fixed stats make me feel like I'm not being rewarded at all for investing in Intelligence/Faith before 27. There's also the gap in good sorceries/miracles between requirement levels of 18 and 25. At least getting the catalyst feels like a reward for beating the hydra, but the talisman feels unearned since you can just buy it from Petrus at the very beginning.

    submitted by /u/conrad_hotzendorf
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who gets awful first impressions from DS1 after only having played DS3?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 03:32 AM PST

    I started with DS3 in 2016, and just now started with DS1, the remastered version.

    So far the rolling feels extremely inaccurate, the U.I looks like an mmo from a 2002 game, there are floating trees that were placed inaccurately, there are literally 2D trees that are supposed to be used as a distance thing RIGHT outside the map (like 2 meters away), several enemies which are just way too strong to even damage so I don't even feel motivated to try to kill them, the endless amount of running from the bonfire to bossfight, and then finally the gimmicky boss design.

    the first boss had a plunge mechanic, the second one fell of a damn bridge so I didn't even get to fight it lol, the third one is literally just me standing AFK until it lands on the bridge so I can maybe get 3-4 hits in.

    I get that DS3 had some gimmicks like Yhorm and Wolnir, but DS3 ''early game'' had some really good first impressions with Gundyr, Vordt, Cursed Rotted greatwood, and then Abyss watchers or Crytal sage. All of them play very differently and teaches you how different some of the designs of the bosses are, Gundyr being a more slow, methotical fight which you can parry, Vordt being a fast paced, aggressive fight that rewards rolling, Greatwood rewarding positioning and circling the boss, and then Abyss Watchers which I think speaks for it self.

    I'm not trying to hate on the game or anything, and I already like it infinitely more than DS2, which I just straight up quit after like 5 bosses, but I feel like for a remaster some of these things just should be here. Like, the floating trees, the 2d trees, the U.I, the 4 directional rolling system. None of these were an issue in DS3, I dont see how this can come out later and suddenly be such glaring issues, at least for me who started with DS3.

    submitted by /u/Wayyzzz
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to create Quelaag’s Furysword but can’t upgrade scimitar?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 09:25 PM PST

    Hey all, got a scimitar as a drop and raised it to +5. I am at the giant blacksmith and have 9 large titanite but when I choose reinforce weapon, the scimitar doesn't show up?

    Am I missing something? My claymore is +10 so I can go past +5...

    First time player ;)

    submitted by /u/majinv3g3ta
    [link] [comments]

    Am I taking too long?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 03:36 PM PST

    I'm like a level 16 and I've done about four hours in this play through, but I'm still stuck at the undead burg. Should I be a little farther along by now? I keep dying because I run out of healing potions when I get to the really tall heavily armored enemies. I get my ass whooped any other way I go, any tips on ringing the first bell?

    submitted by /u/HomicidalManiac88
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 07:14 PM PST

    After a grueling but oh so fun time of playing this game, I finally beat it! This quickly became one of my favorite games and I'm so glad I picked it up. Also I should add I was playing on the DS: PTDE (it was sitting in my steam library), I did not realize there was the remastered version till coming to this sub....

    But now I am so excited to continue with the series!

    submitted by /u/komodo16
    [link] [comments]

    Video "Just PvP Stuff"

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 02:45 AM PST

    Made a new video about different aspects of PvP, maybe some of you folks are interested :)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdBMUVsQGY4

    I really hope the scene stays alive for a bit longer,

    See ya!

    submitted by /u/mrmash90
    [link] [comments]

    I WENT TO DEMON RUINS BY MISTAKE

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 05:55 PM PST

    Guys i merked everything with my black knight greatsword but then the fking worm broke all my stuff. I'm stuck down here I don't know how to get the lord vessel. I accidentally killed the fire keeper in the hidden room right after quelaag too. I really don't know what to do but i really messed up please help

    submitted by /u/IntelligentSwine
    [link] [comments]

    Just returned

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 02:01 PM PST

    Haven't played the game in forever, made it past o+s and got bored. made a new character and trying to beat it this time as this is the only game i haven't beat (des, ds2, ds3, bb, and sekiro all beaten). currently using the scimitar and was wondering if it's good? looking for a dex build (don't tell anyone😂). also, i don't know where to go. just got to andre through undead parish and have no idea where to go next. help appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Kaidono222
    [link] [comments]

    I just lost 1.100.000+ Souls and 50 humanities to the Bed of Chaos

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 03:30 PM PST

    Title says it all. I forgot to quit out after breaking the first testicle and I got slammed into the ground. I came back with a ring of sacrifice, but was killed once again. Third time, no ring of sacrifice. I was trying to test out how good exactly was this Crystal Knight Shield I was two-handing, but apparently you can't block the fingers of the hand and got two-shot. Not too worried about the humanities tbh, but a million souls? I could have leveled up 20 times with that shit. I'll get the platinum and rest from this game. Nearly 10 playthroughs throughout 7 months, and this is what does it.

    submitted by /u/ManHuntingMuffalo
    [link] [comments]

    I don't have a controller yet for my laptop. But have Darksouls on steam. Should I just wait?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 01:44 AM PST

    Got greedy. Fell 200 feet and landed in a frog-burp. Cursed in Blighttown.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 04:00 PM PST

    First playthrough. Got caught up in the spirit of adventure in the swamp at the base of Blighttown. Sidetracked and went to the Great hollow, looked down from the treetops and saw all those shiny blue loots. Tiptoed across the branches thinking "ill just grab whats easily in reach and then back to the swamp, Ive got a bell to ring after-all!" Nah. Fell 200 feet and landed on top of one of those googly-eyed f*cks and got myself cursed.

    And somehow I feel like this is proper. Im cursed and in a very deep dark place. Debating climbing out to cure myself, but there is another part of me that says you made this bed, go fight the boss like this.

    What would you do? Or.. What DID you do?

    I cant be the only one right?

    submitted by /u/new2earth17
    [link] [comments]

    Hi guys, would anybody be ale to help? Thanks on advance

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 01:37 AM PST

    I just beat the 4 Kings and I have no idea what to do next. On YT I saw how the Serpent took the guy in it's mouth to some other location, while for me nothing has happened after saying yes when talking to him and now I'm stuck wondering round the map with nothing to do and no way to make the brilliant light dissapear.

    submitted by /u/QbaQba_Mtn
    [link] [comments]

    What is the point of upgrading a scythe into a Lifehunt Scythe?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 12:28 AM PST

    I was recently doing a scythe run and then saw i could make it into Priscilla's weapon and i did so after seeing the 500 bleed , but now after reading the description and seeing that the bleed damage actually affects the wielder I don't get what's the point of the weapon . The moveset sucks , it's range is lower then previously . Only thing worth pointing out is that it has quite a lot of raw dmg but less scaling which doesn't seem worth it at all . Is it just a meme kind of weapon ?

    submitted by /u/theliferipper69
    [link] [comments]

    Decreasing souls reward when grinding?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 03:39 PM PST

    This may be a strange question, but does the amount of souls you get from killing a certain enemy decrease? I'm on my first playthrough, and I just got to andre the blacksmith in undead parish. I've been grinding the plentiful baldur knights for their souls and occasional titanite shards in order to upgrade my weapons and armour. I swear I was getting 200 souls per baldur knight yesterday, but today I'm only getting 160.

    Am I crazy? Or is this a thing that happens?

    Edit: I now realize I am getting 160 from some of them and 200 from others. So maybe different souls values for different variants? I've noticed some of them seem to be a bit faster...

    submitted by /u/OakRain1588
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment