• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 11, 2021

    Dark Souls I just beat Kalameet without the help of Gough!

    Dark Souls I just beat Kalameet without the help of Gough!


    I just beat Kalameet without the help of Gough!

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 12:41 PM PST

    After several long and grueling hours of grinding for arrows I had enough. I set out to the valley to slay the dragon. With Havel's shield and Dragonslayer's Greatbow, with 160 arrows in hand I go down. Then immediately turn back because I needed to equip a melee weapon for the dogs. I slay them and continue down. Once by the chest in the corner I wait, he comes down to strike and I shoot, switching to the shield I press the wrong button and now I have high resistance, but its now broken. I swiftly equip the cleansing shield and go back. An hour and a half later I shoot, "Only one more hit to go" he flies off and as I'm readying the last arrow I see him fly by, and while flying by he turns to dust so I couldn't get the screenshot I wanted but I did get this shot

    Little bastard didn't let me have the glory I wanted, but tis slain. This was definitely the hardest thing I've ever done. It took about 80 Gough arrows on a +5 greatbow, with about 15-20 missing. My music also helped, Kalameet's theme played in the final few minutes then Primo Victoria kicked in shortly after he died. All in all 10/10 kinda fun, not really. Got a load of good juices in my brain, but would not recommend I'd rather stick to regular dragon slaying. Time to go see what Gough says! \[T]/

    Edit: I forgot to mention this was the prep for the winning round, I started this at the beginning of the year and was at this for probably about 15 hours a week every week except last when I needed a break and finished everything but Gwyn.

    submitted by /u/Professor_Branch
    [link] [comments]

    The painful discovering that you can't get from blighttown to depths

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:35 AM PST

    It has been a while since I played dark souls. I figured I would do things different this time so my plan was to kill queelag first. I manage to do it with a longsword +2. And after that, go to depths and then undead burg. Went all the way up to blighttown and found out that the depths gate does not open from this side. What a disappointment. Gotta backtrack all the way to valley of drakes 😭

    submitted by /u/KaskyNightblade
    [link] [comments]

    I recently beat Orbstein and Smough on my first ever attempt!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 02:26 AM PST

    So my story with the Souls franchise started back upon the release of Bloodborne. The Souls series before this was always something I was interested in from afar but was put off by the difficulty.

    With the release of Bloodborne I figured I would give it a try, made it further than I expect but gave up at Amelia from memory. I had enjoyed myself up until that point but it a wall and then was too threatened by the game to overcome it.

    Next I gave DS2 and 3 a go a made about as much progress as I had in Bloodborne. Each time I appreciated the games, but just couldn't push past the learning curve.

    Enter Sekiro. The game that gave me the Souls bug, that feeling when you finally click with the games and know that you can beat them. Having pushed through Sekiro and loving it, I knew it was time to overcome Fromsoft's other games.

    I ticked off Bloodborne and loved it, and then it came time for the first game in the series available to me (sorry Demons Souls, a PS5 will be coming my way in 2 weeks so I'll get to you).

    As I played through Dark Souls, the infamous interconnected world amazing me. I was loving my time. I finally made it to Anor Londo. Now being a gamer I obviously knew of what was coming. Those blasted archers followed by fat boy and zappy man. I struggled a little with the archers but not to the point of rage (3-4 deaths maybe) and finally made my way through the next section of the game until I came to the fog gate, knowing what was behind it. What would follow is my proudest gaming achievement.

    My first fight with Ornstein and Smough and I was left victorious, with no estus left and a slither of health in true dark souls fashion. My mind was blown, I felt such a rush of victory. I had obviously heard things about the pair so had an advantage over players going in blind but I had been dreading this fight for the entire game, it had been looming over me with dread, I put them in their place as easy as that. No moment in Souls since has lived up to that moment and I don't think it ever will.

    Anyway long boring post over, just had to write down how amazing the sense of feelings these games give you.

    Praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/incog457
    [link] [comments]

    How often do you start a game with a build/playstyle in mind but end up changing it?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:50 PM PST

    Demon's souls remake was my first souls game and I chose a Dext build because I just like to slash at everything fast and be able to roll away easily. Can't say I was a fan of swinging a big weapon. I've been playing Dark souls remastered as my 2nd souls game and wanted to do another dext build. I got through the game up until blight town with the scimitar pretty much. I got black knight weapons and was curious about them so I leveled my strength more and ended up completely ditching the dext build I wanted because I really liked the black knight sword and bk halberd. Maybe it was because I couldn't find any good dext weapons tho. After I finish Dark souls 1, I'll probably go for a strength build in dark souls 2 and 3. Idk if I will change my mind again tho. My question to you guys is basically the title. How often do you start a game with a build/playstyle in mind but end up changing it?

    submitted by /u/governorlight
    [link] [comments]

    How the hell did people figure out how you access the dlc back then?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:01 AM PST

    So I finished off all the great lords and could theoretically go to fight gwyn but I wanted to do the dlc before so I looked it up on the internet. And damn that's more cryptic than I thought it would be. I could see people figthing the hydra in darkroot basin and eventually discovering the gold golem behind it. But how the hell did they figure out that you need a certain item from the golem you encounter at the beginning of dukes archieves? lol

    submitted by /u/almost_hollow
    [link] [comments]

    To the kind player that saved my ass on switch yesterday

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 04:46 AM PST

    So I was running around through blighttown last night, and peabrain me forgot to get the purple moss, so I was constantly getting poisoned at the swamp. However, one kind person spared me a few scraps of moss so that we could beat Quelagg without much trouble. I just want to give a shout-out to the good man who saved me from death on Switch, and I hope we meet again soon.

    submitted by /u/realisticdarknessman
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Wood Grain Ring

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 05:11 AM PST

    So I just found out how much fun this ring is simply for yeeting dead bodies. I'm in painted world right now and I'm sending those engorged zombies into orbit 😂 10/10 best use of this ring

    submitted by /u/Reddevils30
    [link] [comments]

    Magic vs. Enchanted

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 12:57 AM PST

    So first time sorcery build, Im pretty far into the game with only 3 Lord Souls left to get. I just assumed ascending my uchigatana to +10 magic was a good idea, but is enchanted ascension an even better path to go? Whats the difference? I have 44 INT as of right now and dont mind backtracking

    submitted by /u/neilmagz
    [link] [comments]

    Before Anor Londo.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:09 PM PST

    Hey everyone. What all should I have done before getting to Anor Londo. I'm currently level 50 and struggling a little against these dudes. Is Anor Londo kinda the final place in the story?

    I don't have the master key if that explains a little. My uchigato is +10. I think I could probably get through too the second bonfire (wherever it is) but i just want to make sure I'm not missing things that I should have done that will help me level up and get better first. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/swanquine
    [link] [comments]

    DS3 OR DS1?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:28 PM PST

    Hi everyone. I just wanted to know your opinion. Is Dark Souls 3 more difficult than Dark Souls 1? I played Dark Souls 1 as my first Soul and I have to say that I found Dark Souls 3 more demanding, even if at the moment (I currently am at Old Dragonslayer Armor) DS3 bosses are easier than those from the first one (Ornstein and Smough coff coff). What do you think?

    submitted by /u/fd_slv
    [link] [comments]

    Save File

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 04:05 AM PST

    I Dont know if its allowed but here is my save . Early BKH. Enjoy.

    https://www.nexusmods.com/darksoulsremastered/mods/316/

    submitted by /u/SamotnyKartofel
    [link] [comments]

    What is NG+?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:50 PM PST

    What happens if I go to NG+ after defeating Gwyn? Please explain in detail.

    submitted by /u/RudrakshThe1
    [link] [comments]

    What is a quest line in Dark Souls?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 03:41 AM PST

    I'm about 50 hours in and close to beating this game (first playthrough). I sometimes browse this sub and I often hear people talk about a quest line. To me a quest line means doing quests for an npc and getting rewarded if you do it successfully.

    I've never seen anything like this in Dark Souls though. Every npc I've encountered introduces themselves and when you talk to them again they say the same thing they said last time. I never attack friendly npc's on purpose and have only needed to request absolution once. Am I missing something here?

    submitted by /u/tortoise315
    [link] [comments]

    Discount?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 03:37 AM PST

    Will ds remastered get any discount :( will it?

    submitted by /u/eminotsee
    [link] [comments]

    Artorias' set

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 03:28 AM PST

    Hi everyone, yesterday I finished the DLC of DSI (first run) and I felt really amazed by the Artorias' bossfight and his set too. I went to Firelink Shrine and bought the helm and the armor. I realised, maybe too late because I upgraded the armor at +5, that it isn't better than a lot of non-heavy armors and also poise without wolf ring is just awful. I decided to hybridate it: helm of the Anor Londo firekeeper or the silver knight, armor of artorias+5, elite knight legs +10, different kind of gloves, black knight shield +5, artorias cursed GS or zwei fire +10 or black knight sword +5. Is it good enough, can you give me some tips? I have midroll even withouth Havel ring.
    P.S. I'm sorry for my bad English, it's not my main language.

    submitted by /u/kekko_19
    [link] [comments]

    [PC] Can someone drop me the darkmoon or canvas talisman?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 02:39 AM PST

    Patches was killed by the giant skeletons in the catacombs lmao, and i didn't start off as a cleric.

    submitted by /u/MyAzzOwnzYou
    [link] [comments]

    Going to start DS Remastered NG+ for the first time

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 02:20 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    My first NG+ in a souls game is coming. I think I didn't get my Estus flask fully upgraded on the first run, will I be able to get more Fire Keeper Souls in NG+?

    Also, what exactly changes in NG+ besides mobs and bosses health? Do they also do more damage? Are there any new items?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/lazycalm2
    [link] [comments]

    Manus, SL1 NG+6 no sprint/roll/block/parry

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 05:25 PM PST

    https://youtu.be/x7Oix-3DgVc

    RNG hell, done for the memes

    submitted by /u/LorianTheEpicOne1276
    [link] [comments]

    Most fun build

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 06:48 PM PST

    Going to do a new run and was wondering about what build I should go for. I wad thinking of doing either pure strength, or one of the schools of magic as I've never played a caster. If anyone can offer any input it would be much appreciated or if you have any other fun builds I'd love to hear them

    submitted by /u/Throwaway36898532368
    [link] [comments]

    Leveling up my estus

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 03:54 PM PST

    I know to level up my estus I need a fire keeper soul but I can't find them anywhere I've almost beat the game with a +1 estus

    submitted by /u/commitoofercide
    [link] [comments]

    How are you pronouncing it?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 12:20 AM PST

    Ornstein & Smough

    I don't know if there's a consensus correct pronunciation. I generally skip any cut scenes so if there's an official name-drop I wouldn't have caught it.

    For me, it's Ornstine and Smuff. Obviously only 2 variations for Ornstein (Ornsteen or Ornstine) but Smough has a few (Smuff, Smow, smaw, smoff... possibly more)

    So how are you pronouncing their names?

    submitted by /u/Orna5579
    [link] [comments]

    SPOILERS: A first time players review after finishing the game [LONG POST AHEAD]

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:25 PM PST

    Having played Bloodborne and Demon's Souls on PS5, this was my third SoulsBorne game and my word I have not been disappointed. When I first bought the trilogy I was unsure if I liked it or not. I'd just came from Demon's Souls and that was an absolutely beautiful experience, so Dark Souls Remastered seemed like quite a huge backwards step. Coupling that with having absolutely no idea where to go, I was not off to the best start. I came back to it though, and if you quickly scroll to the end of this you'll see I have quite a lot to say. So sit back, get comfy, and enjoy. This was my first play through of the game, and other than a list in order of places to go and what bosses to expect, I went in completely blind.

    Northern Undead Asylum - Asylum Demon - A nice welcome to Dark Souls, the asylum helps teach the basics of the game without completely kicking your butt. The boss is not much threat once you suss out how it moves and attacks.

    Undead Burg - Taurus Demon - Dude, you are WEAK. The biggest pains in the neck with this fight are the stupid crossbow wielding skellies in the tower and the narrow AF bridge you want to fight on. The Undead Burg itself was a fine area to get to, once I figured out I didn't need to get murdered by skeletons next to Firelink. That Black Knight caused a panic the first time I stumbled naively into him.

    Undead Parish - Bell Gargoyles - First dude was a piece of cake, just use the tried a tested method of DODGE, DUCK, DIP, DIVE AND DODGE. When the second arrives and starts his fire stuff it complicated things, but they're pretty weak so finish wailing on the first one then focus your attention on the second.

    Darkroot Garden - Moonlight Butterfly - I mean I don't even think I hit this one, I just used the summon because I knew my build was a bit of a downfall for the majority of this fight because I use a melee build and this S.O.B. flies.

    Lower Undead Burg - Capra Demon - Aw man, the hardest part of this fight was getting there. Those stupid assassins and damn dogs gave me a harder ride than the actual demon. Once in, I wailed on his dogs, then turned my attention to this dude. Managed it first time, so, yeah.

    The Depths - Gaping Dragon - So in my excitement I never noticed there was a stupid dancing wizard on a balcony and died the first time round, but after taking care of that it was alright. On a side note though, those damn basilisks in the murkier areas gave me one hell of a headache. I got cursed, lost all my souls and started to stress to try and work my way out.

    Undead Asylum 2 Electric Boogaloo - Stray Demon - This M.F. was a nightmare to begin with. His stupid A.O.E. kept killing me, coupled with the stupid entry to the fight which sucked like half my health. Hugging this dudes flanks and just spamming the heavy attack button took him out eventually.

    Darkroot Basin - No boss here, but the Hydra was a fun fight. First couple of runs I got too close and fell to my demise, once I realised I didn't need to be on top of it to kill it it was alright. Rusted Iron Ring deserves a huge mention because without it I think this would have been an absolute bitch to do.

    Blighttown - Chaos Witch Quelaag - First of all, I feel like Blighttown was a boss in itself. It was an awful environment to be in. As much as I hated it as a map I feel like at this point it's kind of what you expect Dark Souls to be the first time you play it. Now the fight itself was fun. I used the summon to draw her attention and just smashed her sides. Took a few tries because I was low on Estus but after I refilled and got there with nearly full supplies it was fine.

    Darkroot Garden 2 Dead Mans Chest - Great Grey Wolf Set - The area itself I found quite forgettable. What I can't forget though was having to grind 20,000 souls to open the stupid door to access the area. Now unlike the other bosses so far, this one I felt bad for doing. I'm a dog lover and one looks similar to Sif. I took no pleasure in killing him, and when he started limping and struggling to use his sword. I ended his suffering as quick as I could and made sure to do it the first time round.

    Sens Fortress - Iron Golem - This should have been called Stupid Sword Wielding and Lightning Shooting Snakes Fortress. Running across the narrow walkways, avoiding swinging axes and having to contend with the stupid magical snakes was not what my day needed. That and the damned boulders. On top, it was nice to see the sun again (PRAISE THE SUN). The fight with the boss wasn't too bad, I read you could yeet him off the bridge - he yeeted me off instead - but finding him again it was fine. My only complaint about this area was that I missed the bonfire midway and had to run all the way from Undead Parish.

    Anor Londo - Ornstein and Smough / Dark Sun Gwyndolin - This has been an absolutely beautiful setting, it was really nice to visit another city given we're in lockdown. Saying that, it was eerily quiet like Buchanan Street in Glasgow. One niggle I had was trying to navigate across the rafters with the white gowned guys attacking me. The second niggle, which I suspect many of you could guess, was the damn archers and the weird lighting angel things. They made the area increasingly annoying. Ornstein and Smough though, I really don't get what the hype around them was. I used the summon and he distracted one, and I took out the other. After that, it was just a matter of taking out the second. In case anyone is wondering, I took out the little guy first then went after the big guy. Dark Sun Gwyndolin was just a pain in the backside. Constant running and getting one hit in before he teleported off again. I can't say I enjoyed that.

    Painted World of Ariamis - Crossbreed Priscilla - The hollows hit hard here, and the weird man bird things were tough, but aside from that it was alright. The toughest thing in this area though was the damn wheelie skellies. They killed me more times than I care to admit. Oh, and the damn big knight outside Corssbreed Priscilla, he was a pain in the bum too. Priscilla herself wasn't too bad. I haven't read the lore around her because I know I'll just feel guilty but for now I just want to say her disappearing act was a load of hogwash. I don't know how many random attacks I set off thinking she was there to be caught off guard by a surprise rear attack. Oh, I even ran into her a multitude of times and still couldn't find her. She didn't take my hits well though so I dropped her once I was finally able to find and hit her.

    The Great Hollow - I fell to my death so many times here and missed so many crystal lizards it isn't even funny. All I can say is "thank god for that bonfire at the top of the tree".

    Ash Lake - I walked into this place and my heart was in my mouth. I was so happy to finally be at the bottom, not cursed and having a fair amount of Estus Flasks on me I was expecting the worst. What I instead got was killed by a damned Hydra. Thankfully I found the nearby bonfire. After killing the clam people and dealing with the Hydra, I ran to the end, joined the Covenant and headed out of there. I came back a few times afterwards to farm the clam guys for some Twinkling Titanite too which was a slog because all of the bonfires are so far from the enemies.

    The Catacombs - Pinwheel - Back to the skellies, this time equipped with a Divine Weapon to keep them down for good. I was swarmed a couple of times and pushed off a bridge a couple of times but once I figured out where I was going it wasn't too bad. After dealing with the magic dudes who kept resurrecting the odd skellie I killed with a normal weapon, it was time to deal with Pinwheel. For him I only have one word to say. Suckit.

    Tomb of the Giants - Gravelord Nito - I got lost trying to find this place the first time, ended up back at Firelink then realised I had to carry on from the arena I just fought Pinwheel. My biggest gripe with the Tomb of the Giants was that I needed to use the skull lantern to guide me meaning I didn't have a shield up to deal with the surprises waiting for me in the dark. Bonfires down here were a sight for sore eyes as a result of this and I was so relieved I didn't need to go through all of that nonsense again. Nito didn't seem like too much hassle either, nothing compared to what I had read. He died on my first encounter and didn't cause me very much hassle.

    The Dukes Archives - This was a fun place I thought, a decent little mix of enemies to contend with. My biggest problem with this area was not knowing where to find the secret lever to move the bookcase to allow me to continue. I lost track of how many times I ran around the library areas and getting overwhelmed by archers. Once I figured where I was going though it was alright. The crystal golems outside didn't prove to be too much hassle either.

    Crystal Cave - Seath the Scaleless - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade sprang to mind while I was down here. Loads of invisible paths to carry on. Loads of butterfly things to not agro because I had no way to fight them. Loads of crystal golems on narrow walkways that could easily push you off. What's not to like about that? Seath himself was no threat at all. Once I figured out where he shot his flame to cause the curse spike things I just stayed next to one of his tentacle things and just got stuck into that. He bit the dirt on our first encounter.

    Artorias of the Abyss - Sanctuary Guardian / Knight Artorias / Black Dragon Kalameet / Manus, Father of the Abyss - What I have to say about each area is quite limited, given that the areas themselves were quite small. I do however have a lot more to say about the bosses here. This is my third SoulsBorne game and the first one I've ever played the DLC for. Sanctuary Guardian was no real threat and I thought I would fly through this content in no time. Knight Artorias put a quick halt to that. This dude is aggressive as hell and hits hard. I died many a time to him and have no shame in saying that. When his healthcare hit 0 and he died I let out a scream of joy because I knew I wouldn't have to deal with him again. Black Dragon Kalameet was a fun fight, albeit challenging. His flame attacks caught me off guard a few times and his flying tackle wiped me out a fair few times too, given that his head AND tail were dealing damage. At this point I had to take a break from the game, clear my head with a run and then come back and get through him. Whatever I did worked though, and I killed him on my first try after a little time away. Now finally we are onto Manus, and man did this guy give me a lot of grief. In our first 20-odd encounters he wiped the floor with me with his magic attacks. I never realised you could find a magic necklace that could deflect those. Couple this with his super aggressive fighting style he was a tough fight to finish the DLC with but it was one I thoroughly enjoyed. I'd say he has been one of, if not my favourite, boss of the game.

    New Londo Ruins - The Four Kings - This area was a bit of a challenge for me. I wasted my Transient Curse early in the game thinking it was the right thing to do and ended ups having to get myself cursed until I gained a few from killing the ghosts. It kind of hurt knowing I'd cocked up to the point I had to enter the area at a disadvantage to progress further in the game. Before anyone says "Why didn't you speak to the lady in the sewer tunnel and buy some?", well I accidentally hit her in a panic running out of the Depths trying to cure myself after being cursed and she isn't too fond of me anymore.

    Valley of the Drakes - I'll be honest, I wasn't a lover of this area. Other than a few items to grab here I didn't really hang about and didn't really explore more than once or twice.

    Demon Ruins - This is another one of those multi boss areas so we'll break this one up again, similar to what we did with the DLC. The area itself didn't really have any challenging foes in it, a few Capra Demon looking fellows but nothing I couldn't handle. Ceaseless Discharge - what kind of a name is Ceaseless Discharge? It sounds like some kind of sexually transmitted infection, or a sign you've contracted gonorrhoea. This was another fight I was able to cheese thanks to the big hole in the floor next to the fog door you first go through. Since I cheesed him too, I don't really have anything to say about him.
    Firesage Demon - Who doesn't love a re-skin of a boss you've already fought twice? At least when they added the Stray Demon they gave him some A.O.E. attacks make him slightly different, but this guy was just the second guy with some fire on him. I don't even know if they buffed him up at all, because he went down with maybe seven or eight hits of the mighty Dark Knight Halberd.
    Centipede Demon - This thing was WEAK. I think it landed two hits on me and picked me up once before spitting me out because he knows my meat was too tough. The fighting area was a bit cramped and at one point I completely lost where I was but other than that this was a pretty standard fight. I think those damn archers in Anor Londo put up a better fight than this thing.

    Lost Izalith - Bed of Chaos - Honestly, I thought the route to the boss here was the hardest part of this section. I'd seen in videos people complaining about having absolutely horrible times getting through here but I can safely say I didn't have that problem at all. Enemies were scattered pretty few and far between and when you found them they were really no problem to dispatch at all. Now onto the boss. You know the saying All show, no substance? That's what this guy right here was. After taking down the first orb and the fiery stuff happening, man I thought I was going to get my butt whooped. I didn't. Then I hit the second orb and thought I was getting my butt whopped, but again I didn't. I mistimed my jump onto the branch I needed to be on to get into the centre of the tree thing (I see why FromSoftware don't make Assassins Creed games) the first time but got there on the second or third. Then it was just a matter of trimming branches until I found the being at the centre of it all, and the rest is history as they say.

    Kiln of the First Flame - Gwyn, Lord of the Cinder - Given that there wasn't much going on down here, it was a cool area aesthetically. The dark knights down here were easily parried and their drops were very handy, but at this point I was ready and raring to go for the final showdown with Gwyn, Lord of the Cinder. Now this dude had a dope ass look going about him, with his flaming sword and mad attacks, but a few parries showed him who the real M.V.P. in the land was. One thing I absolutely loved about this boss though was the music that played as I slaughtered him, man that was cool.

    Edit: restructuring my essay

    submitted by /u/herrgorman
    [link] [comments]

    Lordvessel

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 11:40 PM PST

    After so many doubts, I finally put the lord vessel with framp. He asked me to kill 4 bosses. I was wondering if there was a particular order to follow. Also, if you have any advice from now on, I'll gladly read those.

    #soafraidtofuckupsomewhere

    submitted by /u/Jedymeyet
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment