• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 30, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 Anyone else get the collectors edition? What did you do with your statue?

    Dark Souls 2 Anyone else get the collectors edition? What did you do with your statue?


    Anyone else get the collectors edition? What did you do with your statue?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    Im not going AFK in Dark Souls 2 again

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:12 PM PDT

    My Ds2 bosses tier list ranked by quality and just how fun I find the fight. Let me know your thoughts.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 02:02 AM PDT

    I almost first-tried Sir Alonne without armor or a shield...

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    You get to fly in this game?!

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 06:15 PM PDT

    While you were doing the countdown to a futile event created by a feeble cursed humanity i was slowly approaching the age of dark

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 01:20 PM PDT

    My attempt to resolve anti Dark Souls II/Dark Soul II supremacy fights

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    Dark Souls II was an outstanding, amazing game. Simply amazing, so much gosh darn fun for everyone, so much replayability. But for a Souls game, it was much different. Different is not bad, different is simply different. Because it was so different from Demons Souls and Dark Souls, it was labeled as a "bad game" by many souls fans when it came out, and that was simply because of the different mechanics, obvious changes to the engine and a few totally different modifications to the main mechanics in Dark Souls that we love. Such major mechanics included rolling, iframes, hit boxes, execution of iframes, and parrying. As a game I enjoyed it very much, after I got over the huge differences. One thing that I can say is: IT IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM THE REST OF THE SOULS GAMES. There's no arguing with that, it's TRUE, and as I said, it's not a bad thing. And neither is it a bad game, in fact I would rate it well above average. It just isn't what fans were expecting. It sure as heck isn't a mediocre game.

    If you love Dark Souls II it means that you love exploring a game and the new twists and turns it will bring to you. If Dark Souls II disgusts you, you're being overdramatic, but I get what you mean, because it is very different than the rest of the Souls games.

    Just remember, if you don't like DSII as a Dark Souls game, try playing through it with a different mindset. Play through it like a standalone game, and then see how you like it, I promise you, that will change your opinion.

    And lastly, maybe even that didn't convince you, maybe the game just isn't for you! Totally fine! Thanks for reading this and I hope you'll come to terms with your inner Dark Souls.

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulPraiseTheSun
    [link] [comments]

    My subjective PVP weapon tier list and opinions

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    I got SOTFS on Steam last year June and have played about 300 hours so far. I've somehow managed to reach rank 2 on Blue Sentinel (I gave up playing in BOB arena because of cheaters thou). I play with high level characters like over SL 400 (I'm a Korean player and reaching over 400 is recommended among Korean players) so guys' opinions who are playing with close to so-called meta level might differ from mine.

    So here is the list.

    Not included because it is WAY TOO OP: Warped Sword, Any spear with greatshield, Jester's robe or turtle back, and Gower's Ring.

    - Warped Sword ensures almost free wins with just spamming running attacks and I think the latter is the build user can't possibly lose unless he matches a cheater.

    S: Chaos Blade, Ice Rapier

    - Guarantees easy wins due to their insane counter damage.

    A+: Sun Sword, Blacksteel Katana

    - I can't even imagine a single way how to win against experienced guys using these with 3 rank aura at the arena (I guess they usually equip Flynn's Ring)

    A: Long Sword, Axes, Thrusting Swords

    - I think Long Sword has better movesets than that of Sun Sword, but Sun Sword deals quite more damage in high SL so I think it's a matter of preference.

    I haven't really given thoughts about other weapons thou.

    I wonder what other people think about this.

    submitted by /u/strangerwhodontknow
    [link] [comments]

    What poise is needed to poise through a DSS 2 handed R1 attack? 191 doesn't work. :P

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 02:04 PM PDT

    Hi there! Got another question for Dark Souls 2 PVP.

    What poise is needed to poise through a Dragonslayer Spear?

    I was going through some experiments and found that even with 191 poise, which is the maximum allowed poise you can get without spells:

    That being:

    Old Knight's Armor

    Havel's gauntlets

    Ring of Giants +2

    Minotuar Helm

    Havel's Leggings

    Basically even with 191 poise, a Dragonslayer Spear 2 Handed R1 would combo me twice.

    Is there basically no way to poise through a 2 Handed R1 Dragonslayer Spear?

    Incidentally I then switched to a Dragonslayer Spear and used it for a whole day to get a sense for what could counter it. And aside from parrying or another Dragonslayer Spear, there wasn't a whole lot. Shields seemed to be quite effective. Noticed a guy using Drakekeeper's Greatshield with Lightning and my attacks literally did nothing to him. :)

    submitted by /u/Dracomies
    [link] [comments]

    You want another one eh'?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    Rosabeth's hair changes, too

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:12 PM PDT

    My boss tier list with an unpopular opinion or two (quality, fun, environment/setpiece, purpose, etc.)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    Should I get Dark Souls 2?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    I've played both dark souls 1 and 3 and they are definitely my favorite games of all time, but I've never played the second game. Currently I have 52 dollars, the game cost 39.99, should I spend most of my hard earned money on this game?

    submitted by /u/ShadowWeeho
    [link] [comments]

    Easy build for blasting through NG+ and NG++

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 12:17 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get the SotFS platinum and have finished the base game + DLCs. The only trophies i still need are the ones that require getting all the sorceries/miracles etc so I will need to go through NG+ and NG++ as well as gathering everyone to Majula. I am currently too dumb to speak with Carhillion, so I was thinking of respeccing to a better build for NG+.

    Currently i am SL200, my build is Str/faith, utilizing a red iron twin blade bolstered with sunlight blade and other miracles. It's very strong, getting me through the DLCs, but I worry it may not be ideal for NG+.

    Would a hex/sorcery build be stronger? I like using spells, but I dont like solely relying on them. I dont care for PvP at all, just want the best PvE in order to get the achievements, so Soul memory doesnt matter to me. What are your recommendations? Any other tips to make NG+ less painful? Anything i should pick up before?

    submitted by /u/anagnost
    [link] [comments]

    About the Champions Covenant...

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    So, I was farming the Llewellyn set from the stone guards in the king's passage, and they stopped spawning before I was able to get the chestplate. So i tried joining the Company of the Champions to keep farming but they aren't respawning. Anyone knows why?

    submitted by /u/Chivitz02
    [link] [comments]

    Preparation for NG++ no death/no bonfire run.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 02:35 PM PDT

    Hello. I was wondering what are all the things you would recommend for me to prepare before I hit NG++ for an attempt to get both the illusory rings? I have 99 repair powder, I'll use the repair sorcery, I'll use the Crown of the old Iron king to restore spell casts, will have heal spells prepared and I'm a hexer with 40-50 in a lot of stats (lowest stat being adaptability, but I still got to 105 AGI with attunement). Using the Dark red iron winblade and Crypt Blacksword.

    Any other consumables you recommend stacking up? Good spells to use? Armor (full Havel's I'm assuming)?

    And of course, what route do you recommend? I know I could grind Giant Lord for hours to get his soul a lot of times and then pop it all to instantly go to the shrine of winter but that just sounds annoying.

    Edit: Also does Denial not break the no-death part? Like if I "die" but then get revived due to denial, does that count still?

    submitted by /u/TastySet8
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry low quality but does anyone else remember there being a black katana in this chest? And not a soul vessel? And I swear there used to be a hollow soldier in the top part of the locked chapel in darksouls 2/sotfs

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 02:21 PM PDT

    Tried Dark Souls 2 months ago and couldn’t stand it. I’ve returned recently and everything is suddenly clicking

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:08 PM PDT

    I have no idea what happened either. On my first character I'm playing as a knight and I defeated the last giant just fine but the pursuer absolutely destroyed me. I just couldn't get used to dodging. Now everything suddenly works like I expect it to and I defeated him without a scratch. I have no clue what happened but I'm happy it's starting to work for me. I'm looking forward to some more great souls content

    submitted by /u/Subpar_diabetic
    [link] [comments]

    Does Blue Tearstone work like Denial? Or is that just a rumor?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    Hi there! Another silly PVP question.

    Does Blue Tearstone work like Denial? Or is that just a rumor?

    Basically according to official information, the Blue Tearstone ring does:

    "Increases defense by 35% when HP is below 30%"

    That I knew already. It basically functions like Numbness.

    What I don't get is an unwritten bit of information.

    There's statements saying that the Blue Tearstone ring acts as Denial. In that if an attack should have killed you, it will save you, regardless of whether that threshold is a 35% reduction.

    There's 2 mentions of in on various forums. This person here mentions it acts like Denial

    https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/3ae3cj/question_about_blue_tearstone_ring/

    I've always been curious of this. There's an invader where I remove all of her health........but she has just a sliver of health left (with Blue Tearstone ring) and I kill her off with a bow and arrow. But I always wonder if the Blue Tearstone ring is giving her that sliver of health.

    submitted by /u/Dracomies
    [link] [comments]

    So I May Have Just Beaten the Fume Knight Without Armor or a Shield...

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 07:10 PM PDT

    What's a fun little build to recommend?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 10:35 AM PDT

    I'm considering playing ds2 until the 23rd of April wwhen Nier Replicant comes out, I remember really enjoying my time in ds2 despite it being said to be the worst thing since the birth of humanity. When I initally played, I used a faith and lightning dmg build that later turned into me using the smelter hammer. I've done some playing with spellcasting as well on a second playthru, but I'm wondering another type of build to try. There's obviously a lot of ways to play, so what're some of your favorites? I play pve mostly, but if you like playing pvp tell me about it :)

    submitted by /u/69_CatLover420_69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment