• Breaking News

    Monday, March 15, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 After many attempts, I got Sir Alonne to commit seppuku!

    Dark Souls 2 After many attempts, I got Sir Alonne to commit seppuku!


    After many attempts, I got Sir Alonne to commit seppuku!

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 06:34 AM PDT

    A couple of days late, but thank you RtD :) I had an absolute blast playing this game.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    I got styled on

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 01:15 PM PDT

    I just got completely demolished by a guy in iron keep. He was completely naked wearing the king's crown and using invisible weapons. Never in all my time in the game have I seen someone using those rings. I was just impressed and felt like sharing lol.

    submitted by /u/HavelKnightGeneral
    [link] [comments]

    [SotFS] Dragon Shrine Walkthrough

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 06:03 AM PDT

    Dragon Shrine isn't as common a roadblock as other places in the game, but every now and then someone doesn't understand the mechanics or just gets stuck on the Hammer Bro and needs help. That's where this guide comes in.

    First, a disclaimer. Dragon Shrine is probably the most heavily reworked level in the Scholar version and most of the stuff I go over IS NOT applicable to original DS2. Sorry, but you're kind of on your own.

    As with my previous guides, there's a video walkthrough as well. And this time the recording quality is a whole lot better! Editing hasn't improved as much, but you can't have everything.

    The Rules

    Dragonbros are all about "honorable" duels. If you play by their rules you only have to fight 6 enemies to completely clear the area. Breaking a rule means an army of dragon warriors immediately gank you. The rules are pretty simple, but you can break them accidentally if you don't know ahead of time.

    1. Don't attack the spectators. Beside every duel area will be some dragonbros who will do the "Duel Bow" gesture when they first see you, but are otherwise passive. Don't attack them if you can avoid it. (Or use Warmth near them since that sets them off too for some reason.)
    2. 1v1 only. Summoning help is an immediate violation of the rules. If you're playing with a friend you'll either need to clear the area on your own or you'll have to fight every single dragonbro together. Also avoid using a Seed of a Tree of Giants if you're invaded.
    3. No skipping fights. If you haven't learned yet that running past enemies is a bad idea, here's where they really drive the lesson home. Running past the guy you're supposed to duel means that not only will that guy chase you, but so will every single dragonbro in a mile radius.

    What to bring

    • Weapon and armor of choice - If it's carried you this far, then whatever weapon you're comfortable with will do fine.
    • Lingering Flame pyromancy - Allows you to cheesily deal with a couple of otherwise very tough enemies. Not strictly necessary, but it sure helps against the guy with the hammer. Melee builds can wear a Southern Ritual Band +1 or +2 to attune it, but you need to make sure your pyromancy flame is upgraded.
    • (Optional) A staff and a damaging sorcery or hex - Again allows you to cheesily deal with a tough enemy. This one is an optional enemy on a side path and can also be cheesed with Lingering Flame if you want.

    Duel One: Sword & Board

    Heading upstairs from the bonfire you'll see your first Drakekeeper. This guy's attacks patterns are almost exactly like the sword & board Old Knights from Heide. The only real difference is that he can shoot a Soul Arrow out of his sword, but if you just strafe behind him that shouldn't be a problem. He's honestly kind of a pushover.

    "Duel" Two: Hammer Time

    The real Dragon Shrine starts here. Upstairs is a Drakekeeper with a great hammer. This guy has almost exactly the same moveset as the Old Knights with great hammers, but with infinite stamina. He never, ever stops swinging. Closing to melee range is entering a world of hurt. That's what Lingering Flame is for. Pause at the top of the stairs outside his aggro range and cast 4 Lingering Flames. (3 can often be enough if you have high Int and Fth, but an extra for security isn't a bad idea.) Then either use a bow to draw aggro or run closer then back behind your landmines. If all goes well, he'll die in a fire without ever getting a hit in. Somehow this doesn't offend the dragonbros' honor.

    Duel Three: Ultra Greatsword

    Further down the main path is a drakekeeper with an Ultra Greatsword. Once again, he has a similar moveset to an Old Knight, but this time he's much faster. Your muscle memory is probably going to get you hit here if you're used to Old Knights. He doesn't really have any other surprises and he doesn't have that much health. He's honestly not that hard. (Unless you're like me and you just walk straight into his attacks.)

    "Duel" Four: Warpick

    Before you move on any further, peek over the railing next to where you just fought the Ultra Greatsword guy. Down below is the Drakekeeper guarding the side path with the Third Dragon Ring and Dragon Egg. The railing is just low enough to allow you to cast spells with a staff over the top directly at his head. Miracles and pyromancies don't work, unfortunately. You can also use the Lingering Flame Cheese on this guy too. Leave the landmines right in the doorway at the end of the hall leading to his room without crossing the threshold.

    Duel Five: Dragonfang Villard

    This invader fight doesn't require the duel etiquette like the rest of the Shrine, but it's included for completion's sake. He's got pretty standard NPC invader AI so you should be able to fight him pretty easily at this point. You can also summon Bashful Ray for help if you think you need it, but make absolutely certain that you black crystal him before you open the door to the next area.

    Duel Six: Double Sword Dude

    The final staircase is lined with dozens of dragon warriors with a single one near the top who's glowing, has two swords and is your final duel of the area. This guy is tough, and there's not really any way to cheese the fight like the others. Even leaving aside his massive health pool, he's running on the smarter AI the Scholar NPCs have so he actually knows how to dodge roll. If you're good at fighting Forlorn, you should be able to take him on.

    If you're not confident in your ability to beat him and just want to get it over with, then you can actually run past him pretty easily. The dragonbros don't turn on you until you enter the hallway at the top of the stairs. If you're fast and slippery enough you should be able to dodge past the 3 guys there and get to the Ancient Dragon. This is a really really bad idea if you want to actually fight the dragon. The first time, before there's a fog wall, they can follow you into the fight and attack you. When there is a fog wall they will definitely backstab you before you can cross it.

    Beating Double Sword Dude means that you've officially Proven Your Worth to the dragonbros. You'll be able to summon help and run past enemies on any subsequent runs through the area without aggroing them. If you want to fight the dragon, you should absolutely kill him first.

    I'm not including a guide on how to fight the Ancient Dragon. There's plenty of those already and the easiest way to deal with it is to just talk to it and leave.

    submitted by /u/TheHittite
    [link] [comments]

    Who do you think is the worst boss in Dark Souls 2?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    The worst boss for me is Ancient Dragon. I have died to this shitty boss many times because of it's crappy hitboxes. This boss has killed me more than any other boss in the game and this dragon literally has like 2 attacks and one can easily kill you.

    submitted by /u/Cant_get_good22
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat the first boss in DS2! What should I spend my souls on now?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    Hi all, I just beat the Last Giant (after 5 hrs of playtime) and I feel very good! This is the first 3D souls-like game I played, having only played Hollow Knight and Salt and Sanctuary before which are 2D games, so I'm still quite new to how Dark Souls plays.

    My question is what should I spend my souls on? Last Giant gave me something like 10,000 souls which seems quite a lot in the early game, and I really don't want to waste these souls on something useless which will make my life harder. I'm a swordsmaster btw if that helps. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fungigamer
    [link] [comments]

    Do bonfire ascetic levels reset on NG+?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 01:30 PM PDT

    Cause if I have to fight Vendrick on level 3 just shoot me now

    submitted by /u/LouisOve
    [link] [comments]

    I finally beat Dark Souls 2 but the numbers of deaths are a bit weird

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 03:16 AM PDT

    So yeah, I beat the game, thouhg I missed on Aldia, Vendrick and the Darklurker because I wanted it to be a blind playthrough and didn't know they are bossfights, so that sucks but hey, I did it!

    This is my first Dark Souls game, but I have beaten Bloodborne and even have the platinum trophy for it, so I wouldn't consider myself a noob in souls-like games, but definietly a noob in the Dark Souls series. I kept count on how many times I died and it is hilarious in my opinion.

    The Last Giant: 0

    The Pursuer: 0

    Dragonrider: 0

    Old Dragonslayer: 1

    Flexile Sentry: 0

    Ruin Sentinels: 1

    The Lost Sinner: 2

    Belfry Gargoyles: 0

    Skeleton Lords: 0

    Executioner's Chariot: 11

    Covetous Demon: 0

    Mytha: 0

    Smelter Demon: 15

    Old Iron King: 4 (all of them due to that small hole in the middle of the arena)

    Najka: 0

    Prowling Magus: 0

    Royal Rat Vanguard: 0

    Royal Rat Authority: 42 (I hate this fight)

    Duke's Dear Freja: 7 (when I realised that spiders are afraid of fire, it was an easy fight)

    The Rotten: 0

    Dragonriders: 0

    Looking Glass Knight: 6 (this is definietly my favourite fight, the arena is awesome and sometimes an enemy player was summoned and it was just awesome)

    Demon of Song: 0 (definietly the ugliest boss in the game)

    Velstadt: 4

    Guardian Dragon: 0

    Giant Lord: 0

    Throne Defender & Watcher: 0

    Nashandra: 4

    Gravity: 35

    Invaders: 6

    Total death count: 132

    I did not do any of the DLCs because I was so excited after killing Nash I immediatly started NG+ for some reason.

    I have to say, this game was bloody amazing, and it is funny that all the bosses that gave me a hard time turned out to be optional.

    I did not use any phantom helpers and it turned out to be a stupid mistake because I read that you can inherit their gear if you let them fight with you, which I didn't so I messed up that part, but I had to play BB completely solo so I tought how different can this be. Well it was. Shields are weird, in BB there are only 2 shields and they suck, so it was very weird for me. Also I love this non-linear progression so the next build I make, I will go down a different route just because I can.

    Definietly thinking about trying DS3 and DS1 out, but I'm afraid what will happen if I like all of them this much. I will not know which one to play!

    submitted by /u/Ddronoz
    [link] [comments]

    Grinding 101

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    I'm assuming you all know about farming the Giant Lord. For those who don't know, all you have to do is note the fact that there is a bonfire ascetic in the Memory of Jeigh, where the Giant Lord Boss Fight is. Kill the Giant Lord, collect the fire seed and divine blessing, and repeat. Also make sure to get the twinkling titanite on the nearby ledge before going into the boss fight each time. My current weapon is a fully enforced Enchanted Santier's Spear. My STR is lvl 30, my DEX is lvl 30, and my INT is lvl 50, on a sorcerer character, complete with the Ring of Blades+1. With these, you should end up dealing between 452-459 damage to the Giant Lord(after he reaches maximum strength, which should peak after your 10th bonfire ascetic). His attacks are also relatively easy to dodge, although you are able to shoot at him with a bow or crossbow from far away without the Giant Lord reacting. I advise against this though, as it can take a while to take him down with this, unless you're using an archer build(I am not). DO NOT SUMMON BENHART, CAPTAIN DRUMMOND, OR ANY PLAYERS FOR THIS FIGHT. The Giant Lord's health will be buffed considerably, and his attacks will not always be focused on you, making it more difficult to dodge. Although, if you want to acquire Benhart's equipment and Captain Drummond's helmet, you need to summon them at least once and fight alongside them against the Giant Lord. My current save file is only on NG, and with the full Tseldora Set, and the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring+1, you'll eventually be acquiring something around 440,000 souls after each fight, as well as around 13,000 souls from the 2 normal giants that eventually die, and about 1,300 souls for each royal soldier that dies, and an additional 25,000 souls from the Soul of the Giant Lord on NG. You'll also be getting a Ring of Giants+2 after each fight on NG, which I believe you can sell to Gavlan for around 1,800 souls.

    I'm almost certain that this post is unnecessary to you all, plus my numbers are probably way off, but I hope this helps at least 1 person.

    submitted by /u/Rubber_Bubble_Wrap
    [link] [comments]

    Should I trust Sweet Shalquoir?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 06:24 AM PDT

    So I'm nearing the end of my first playthrough. (Not really, still have DLC and a half to beat till I go for the throne). I like cats in general and even though Shalquoir is a bit of enigma to me (obviously she's in the know, but what's her motivation?), I feel I should take the throne just because she's telling me to. What's your opinion on her? (Oops, I just assumed a gender). Is there any lore surrounding her?

    I already know I'll have to make a decision to take a throne or leave, so unless there's some other big plot point I am unaware, spoilers are ok.

    submitted by /u/GayFeelings
    [link] [comments]

    Is it true that Dark Souls 2 is the least hardware-demanding of the Souls games, to the point where even non-gaming spec laptops can run it?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 07:04 AM PDT

    I'm just about finished with DS1 on Nintendo Switch. I play on Switch because the current living space I'm in is small and leaves little room to build a PC or set up a TV for a PS4 or Xbox.

    I don't have a gaming PC, but I do have a work laptop. And it just so happens that I've heard countless times from the Souls community that Dark Souls 2 is so light on the hardware requirements that "even a toaster could run it" (an exaggeration for the sake of expression obviously). Still, I want to play DS2 to scratch that Souls itch that DS1 will leave behind.

    My laptop is a work laptop. Its processor is an Intel Pentium Silver N5000 that goes up to 1.10GHz and I have about 4gb of ram. I can afford a PC, but I just don't have the space or time to build one.

    I can run the Bedrock edition of Minecraft on this laptop, and the Java versiontoo but at low frame rate. Although my laptop has a "Game mode" setting where it overlocks the GPU to run game software better (and I never tried running Minecraft Java with game mode turned on, so I don't know how much of a difference it'll make). Do you think I can run DS2 on this thing with at least 30fps?

    submitted by /u/Filegfaron
    [link] [comments]

    Why

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 02:18 PM PDT

    I left to eat dinner for 10 mins and this was the one and ONLY time that I get invaded in the whole game and of course it was after I had just beaten Throne W&D and Nashandra back to back and died to Aldia so I lost 200000 souls and the worst part is the person was a jerk and used corrosive acid to destroy ALL of my equipment. I know it's not just this game that has a toxic community but wow this experience makes me hate this awful game even more.

    submitted by /u/RonSmart_
    [link] [comments]

    Least favorite covenants.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    Way of Blue and Blue Sentinels. Useless due to soul memory.

    submitted by /u/CleverCobra
    [link] [comments]

    Cheater on the arena

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 10:05 AM PDT

    PC, SOTFS, Character name: Diablo. Speedhack.

    Just to let you know.

    submitted by /u/bersekles
    [link] [comments]

    Am I over-levelled or over-powered?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    Note: I'm playing Scholar of the First Sin, not the original.

    I've just finished the Doors of Pharros area. I've got the great souls from The Lost Sinner, Old Iron King and The Rotten. I'm trying to do all the optional areas and bosses (not all items though, that's too much but I'm searching as much as possible for everything I can find) and I believe I have done all the stuff I've been able to do so far (aside from the DLCs but I know they're better to do later).

    Here are my stats:

    SL: 104

    VGR: 17

    END: 18

    VIT: 7

    ATN: 8

    STR: 23

    DEX: 38

    ADP: 34

    INT: 7

    FTH: 5

    Weapons: Duel-wielding two Blacksteel Katanas.

    Esuts Flasks: 9 (+4)

    I ask because I absolutely demolished both the Scorpioness lady and the Royal Rat Authority and thought that maybe it was because of my level. I'm still really enjoying the game though.

    Also, it might be relevant to mention that I have beaten both Bloodborne and Dark Souls Remastered.

    submitted by /u/ikaas1
    [link] [comments]

    I need some help with the executions chariot+1. Soul memory is 1,475,619

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    If you have the name engraved ring it's Hanleth

    submitted by /u/lord_kermitine
    [link] [comments]

    So there I was, playing Nioh 2 for the first time...

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 09:35 AM PDT

    ...when out of nowhere, I hear that my friend who always has something bad to say about Dark Souls whenever I fangirl over it, has started playing Dark Souls 2 of all games.

    Now, I've only beaten DS2 once in my life. I was much more engrossed in the PvP since it was the only alternative to the chain backstab central that was DS1 back then, so despite getting up to NG+7 in every other game, I just couldn't bring myself to venture through Drangleic more than once.

    But knowing my friend, if I didn't ease the burden of this game for him a bit, he would've quit before the game clicked for him. So I threw 30 bucks at the screen, downloaded the game, and made a new character.

    Well, the game clicked. But not for him; not yet anyway. No, the game clicked for ME. I beat bosses I resented in the past with ease, I dropped the Dragonrider off at the pool for the first time, and I just started having fun overall.

    Hopefully my friend enjoys the game at least half as much as I'm having. This game may have enough jank to make a grown man cry, but I like it. Everything except how rare Shadow Gauntlets are. Please From, I need my favourite gauntlets back

    submitted by /u/BoyThatsJustCraZ
    [link] [comments]

    Meet Emerald Haarold (coming from fashionsouls, but wasnt quite the right place for it)

    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 06:47 PM PDT

    Is there some trick to this?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 09:21 AM PDT

    In brume tower, just past the foyer bonfire theres an explodable wall, with lots of little guys carrying powder barrels nearby. I know i need to shoot them with fire when they get close to it, but they arent getting close to it. Ive tried using alluring skulls but they wont go near it. Is there some special way to get one to go near the wall?

    EDIT: to clarify, the wall hiding a room with a chest containing 8 petrified dragon bones.

    submitted by /u/snailv
    [link] [comments]

    Help with the black gulch

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 12:35 PM PDT

    This area sucks someone please help me. I'm on xbox

    submitted by /u/Chicken_Nuggies123
    [link] [comments]

    Hello there

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 11:31 AM PDT

    So I want to get the black witch set with the veil upgraded and in return I've not got much but ask and I'll see what I can do

    submitted by /u/lord_kermitine
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment