• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 27, 2021

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (February 26, 2021)

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (February 26, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (February 26, 2021)

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 09:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 1 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Remember to Ring the Bells

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 03:20 PM PST

    My girlfriend really loves sens fortress for some reason and she started a new playthrough and killed the bosses as fast as she could to get to sens fortress. After she killed quelaag she even went to go kill ceaseless discharge for extra souls. She was super excited to get to her fav area but when she arrives the gate was closed and when she realized what happened she closed the game LMFAO

    submitted by /u/goopytaco
    [link] [comments]

    A love letter to Dark Spirit Babbading.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 06:36 PM PST

    I'm not one for PVP, as I'm not very good. So when you invaded me as soon as I entered The Painted World I had pretty much accepted my fate, but was ready to at least go down with a fight.

    But... To my surprise, all you did was come in, wave, open the gate to The Phalanx for me, bow, then leave.

    I literally sat there for a good 5 minutes just grinning to myself. Thank you Babbading, whoever you are. You literally just made my night.

    May you never go hollow my friend. Praise you, and praise the sun.

    submitted by /u/REN_egade1992
    [link] [comments]

    this game has better open-world mechanics than actual self-proclaimed open-world games

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 04:02 AM PST

    this is my first attempt at a soulsborne game and I've been absolutely loving it. I'm currently playing DS remastered and the world design is just so amazing. One of the things I've noticed in particular is the open-world elements of this game. I know this game isn't technically an open-world title, but I feel like it really incorporates some open-world elements in an effective and seamless way. Sure it doesn't have the free roam open world of BoTW, GTA, Witcher 3, RDR2, etc. (that's obviously not exactly what they were even going for), but the open world elements it does have really adds to the experience.

    For instance, it's really cool that you can go almost wherever you want and attempt the various levels in any order you wish to go thru the game, much like the case w/ BoTW. If you wanna go to an area where all the enemies outlevel you by a shit ton, you're free to do so and the game doesn't hold your hand as if you're a toddler in need of direct guidance/supervision everywhere you go. You can also attempt the various quests however you wish, in practically whatever order you want to go thru them in.

    Another big thing is how you can kill practically any NPC. And if you do, the game actually makes you pay for your actions. You can't just reload a previous save to where the NPC was alive if you regret killing them, and there aren't just magical essential/unkillable NPCs as there is w/ some other open world games (I'm looking at you Bethesda). For instance, I've heard there are some people who kill andre before even upgrading their weapons, which makes the much more challenging for a good chunk of the game. Although this would obviously suck if it happened to you, I think it's awesome that the game makes you have to live w/ your actions. When games do this in this manner, it makes every conversation w/ an NPC feel immersive, real, and important.

    I wish more open world titles could learn from this game. Open world games these days try to cater to such a wide audience that they're afraid to let you be independent, as is the case w/ DS1.

    submitted by /u/Urshifu_King
    [link] [comments]

    Nito’s design is amazing.

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 04:55 PM PST

    I'm new to Dark Souls and I just beat Nito, he was the hardest boss for me at the moment

    But wow, I've played both Bloodborne and the Demons Souls Remake and non of those games have a boss design this cool.

    Just my opinion though.

    submitted by /u/ExcuseMeWut2
    [link] [comments]

    I drew Queelags sister with a pen :D

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:12 AM PST

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CGz1M_FhLRu/

    Made this drawing months ago, finally came the idea to share a link, as images aren't allowed here unfortunately.

    submitted by /u/TayaAesSedai
    [link] [comments]

    Can I please post my fan art?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 08:10 PM PST

    Why can't I post my fan art on here? DS2+3 subs allow it...

    I spent a lot of time on it and I'd like to show it to some fellow Souls nerds who'd appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/chiefsunnybear
    [link] [comments]

    If characters with no dialogue had voices

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 11:30 PM PST

    Gwyn: Samuel L Jackson

    Nito: Extremely and deep gravely with Boston accent

    Seath: Dr. Doofenshmirtz

    Smough: Muscle Man from Regular Show

    Ornstein: stereotypical gay guy

    Any others anyone would like to speculate on?

    submitted by /u/PalingoMane2
    [link] [comments]

    Friendly Reminder: it isn’t that Dark Souls is hard... It’s just unforgiving.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:41 AM PST

    Dark Souls, especially the first game, has extremely simple combat mechanics, once you learn how to parry or use I-frames, or hell if you grab the Zwei 5 minutes in and grind the souls to wield it so you can stun lick everything, that's pretty much it. Other than bosses and select NPCs who break the mould, you win.

    But don't think just because you're o NG+5, so skilled you don't even wear armor anymore, and use a Buckler/Rapier combo that if you miss the parry on that Hollow Soldier, he won't stun lock you with that 5 hit combo. Just because you've destroyed the Taurus demon with ease before, don't think he won't knock you off that ladder and rape you.

    It isn't hard to learn DS, and mastering the sometimes janky mechanics isn't usually too far behind learning them, but always remember that there's something out there... right down the lane, waiting for you to get a little too cocky so it can put you right back in your place.

    submitted by /u/PonkingtonHeights
    [link] [comments]

    I BEAT CAPRA DEMON

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:29 AM PST

    I just beat Capra Demon, with some jolly cooperation but nevertheless, and I don't know what to do next

    submitted by /u/Dammck
    [link] [comments]

    My most impressive dark souls achievement

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 11:39 AM PST

    Now listen, I know a million people have done this already and done no-damage but I've been doing a SL1 play through, and haven't played the file in a few weeks. I was making my mom a DS1 abomination when I was like hm.Maybe I'll play some of my SL1 and fuck around to see if I can beat O&S (the point I was stuck at).

    I can't even tell you how much my heart was pounding during the fight. Definitely not even close to as impressive as others have done but I've come a long way from my second play through of the game which took me forever to beat these two with A BLACK KNIGHT HALBERD and HAVELS ARMOR. Definitely the hardest boss in the game for me.

    Anyways, I beat them using the blacksmith giant hammer, FAP ring, RTR (which I obviously was not even going to risk using it), and no armor. I am so happy that I was able to do this and it really makes me think about how far I've come as a player from like, my very first play through of the game where I just couldn't stop dying! praise the sun!

    Edit: Thank you so much for the silver fellow undead!!!! (:

    submitted by /u/kakyyyoin
    [link] [comments]

    I know this is the stupidest question ever but...

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:18 AM PST

    ...how should I hold my controller? Ive played Dark Souls twice on kbm and everyone plays it on a controller so I went and got one but since I have zero experience on a controller, I don't really know which fingers are for which buttons. Im currently trying to use my right index for the buttons, right middle for RB and RT and the left thumb for LS and left index and middle for LB and LT. Please tell me the correct way and also if im doing anything incorrect.

    submitted by /u/SafVVaN
    [link] [comments]

    The giant blacksmith died...

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 06:29 PM PST

    The winged brain demons ganked me and trapped me behind the blacksmith. I didn't think there was friendly fire but shows what i know...looks like the blacksmith dieing ties into ds3.

    submitted by /u/TheWhicher_Statement
    [link] [comments]

    I was playing Dark souls as a sorcerer and this happen:

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 01:48 PM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tek3fpnLfcQ How broken sorceries are wtf

    I actually didnt except that damage

    submitted by /u/NachoWels
    [link] [comments]

    What's the most Gamer® way to play Dark souls?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 12:39 AM PST

    I've always heard of how elitist some dark souls fans can be. They always find a way to criticize you, either because of the weapon you're using, your equipment, your level... This has made me ask myself... What's the true authentic ultra gamer way of playing dark souls to them? I'm totally serious, I'm just really bored

    submitted by /u/AlvatrosT
    [link] [comments]

    Hacker host disconnecting.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:10 AM PST

    I encountered this host today in the entrance to the Oolacile township who was gravelording. The Township seems to be a popular pvp spot and theres always invasions and gravelording afoot. As per usual, this guy seemed pretty skilled, and one could get him down to a hit left, but he'd always manage to get away..I chalked it up to skill. But I noticed something odd. Every once in a while, I'd get disconnected from the host. Once or twice, its possible but it definitely happened more than a couple of times. Then..I noticed something odd..as he led us on a wild goosechase, he would leave items on the ground as bread crumbs..but the enemies were in place, you could tell they had not moved..how was he getting past enemies without disturbing them? Then he made an appearance..and the enemies did not move..I dont know what he did, but enemies would not attack him.

    Then it got weird..he was walking on air..he would walk off ledges and to adjacent buildings over empty space. At one point I had him cornered..he walked through a wall..then came up behind me and killed me. And then I saw him die. He was backstabbed and fell of a ledge..I figured, ok now he's dead..nobody survives gravity..even hackers..nope..disconnected as soon as he fell. Then it hit me..on top of the hacking.., all of those other times when I got disconnected.., it was them..they would keep disconnecting everytime they died. If you die doesnt it register when you die? Or if you disconnect quick enough before the you died message pops up..do you start back up and you are alive again? It was made clear to me that he kept disconnecting, but isnt there a penalty for disconnecting?

    submitted by /u/DarkSoulCarlos
    [link] [comments]

    My hilarious journey to Platinum

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:58 PM PST

    So I achieved every trophy but the 'all weapons' trophy and was looking at a list and realized I had missed two weapons. I was at NG++ at the blacksmith in Anor Londo, my internet was bad so I couldn't request help with O+S, so I decided to walk out of Anor Londo by foot, the long way.

    The two weapons? Demon's spear... and the weapon you get from cutting off the tail of the dragon in the Ash Lake.

    Yes, I walked from Anor Londo ALL the way to Ash Lake, no warping. I picked up the forest covenant and bought the demon's spear from Shiva of the East in Blighttown on the way.

    And I marched down the tree, past the hydra, marveling as it flew over my head, and I cut the tail off that damn dragon, thinking platinum would pop.

    Platinum did NOT pop.

    Confused, I went down the list one by one, surely this was a bug as I clearly had every weapon. 10 minutes later of checking every weapon meticulously, I realized I was missing one weapon.

    I was missing the perfect weapon that Dark Souls creators could only have dreamed of me missing.

    The damn Drake Sword.

    I swore I got that noob ass sword from the dragon at some point, but no, I did not.

    So I had to track ALL THE WAY back through the ash lake, up the hollow tree, up blighttown, to firelink, to the bridge. Then I used my claymore +15 magic buffed and tore that dragon up.

    It was a long journey. It was worth it. But man, I should have just beat Ornstein and Smough for the warp.

    submitted by /u/Jerok88
    [link] [comments]

    Finally understanding Fromsoftware games

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 08:36 PM PST

    Until now I feel like I've been pretty bad at the genre, played every game hit a wall, gave up and never again. But I dunno maybe its the never say die in me as I've always enjoyed the games I thought I'd make it a goal to conquer them all over the next few months, half way through DS1 and had no troubles really, granted I'm following a guide in which I'm only using it to look at where to go in terms of named locations only but its been a fairly easy ride so far.

    Yes Ive died alot, but previously my mindset has been anytime I see a new enemy is to kill it ASAP without really taking note of what the enemy did, just what I did to avoid dying. Now when I come across any enemy/boss I literally kick back till I see all their movesets and omfg... the game is so much easier with this approach I am now starting to wonder why I made it hard on myself in the first place.

    Also I think alot of new players forget to grind abit to level up their weapons, I dunno but I always just leveled up my weapons as shards naturally came to be, never really went out of my way to go through an area once or twice and strictly thought my SL would be sufficient.

    But anyways enough rambling, just beat that wolf in Darkroot, looks like quite a few struggle on him but probably took me 3 tries to realise hes just as easy as any other boss I've come across so far!

    submitted by /u/essteedeenz1
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t want a dark souls 4

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 02:09 PM PST

    I've seen quite a decent amount of people who want a fourth dark souls game but personally I don't think one should exist. The series ended near perfectly at the end of the ringed city dlc with shawl being one of if not the best bosses at the very end of the world where you fight over the dark soul I can't think of any situation that could be a better end to the series than that. Another major thing is how with dark souls 3 we have seen it got a bit too much fan service and if they make another one there is a chance they could do it even more and overall just over saturate the series. They should just make different series and let dark souls lay to rest though I wouldn't completely be opposed to a game from inside the painting.

    submitted by /u/Plugshirt
    [link] [comments]

    Andre corpse in darkroot garden after moonlight butterfly?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:32 AM PST

    Does anyone know why that's there? Its definitely not Andre but it has the same model.

    submitted by /u/Stankystonky
    [link] [comments]

    My first experience with Dark Souls

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 12:00 AM PST

    So, I wanted to make this post mainly so that others that may feel the same way might change their mind! Also just to share what was my first experience with ANY of the soulsborne/sekiro games.

    Alright so basically a few months ago, I really really wanted to play sekiro and bought it for my PS4, however I hadn't brought it with me to college so I wasn't able to play until I moved home for break. Now I knew my brother had a copy of DSR for the switch and was thinking to myself "hm, maybe I'll try this game out to get a feel for how souls games are."

    So I was able to get the copy from him and I booted up the game to play. Now I hadn't read ANY tips for like starting classes or anything, nor had I seen any of the bosses for the game. Completely missed out on everything in the opening cutscene as I did not understand what the hell was going on. I chose the starting class thief. Thought it would be cool. Seconds into playing the tutorial area, I completely forgot that locking on to enemies was a thing so I was immediately having problems with hitting enemies.

    Then, I walked into the Asylum Demon's domain. Basically shit my pants when it jumped down, and was running around and away from it as much as I could. I hit it maybe once and it did the smallest amount of damage I could have ever imagined. Immediately was like yeah, this is why the game is notoriously hard. Died a few more times before realizing there was a door on the side. Eventually I made my way up to the ledge with the plunging attack. At this point, I don't even remember how I managed to beat the boss, but I did.

    Next I made my way to undead burg. Every enemy was slaughtering me. I finally got to the first bonfire in there, and I can't even tell you how many times I died before even reaching the area with the hollows throwing firebombs. Soon after I spotted the black knight. Read a note saying "tough enemy ahead" and I was like hell no. But I tried to fight him anyway. Got killed, then it was just death over and over and over again before I could even reach the black knight once more. At this point I was probably 3 hours in, still stuck at the first bonfire in undead burg.

    I decided that the game was too difficult and miserable to play. I wouldn't consider it a stretch to say I heavily disliked, or even hated the game. I put it down for a week or two. I watched a few videos with boss rankings. I think that's what got me to pick it up again and give it "one last try." I was very motivated by getting to O&S, as they looked badass and fun. I picked a knight class this time, and the master key (I had no clue there was a shortcut to Quelaag at this point but oh well I went through the depths it was a time).

    I got past Taurus demon in probably an hour and a half this time. I realized that locking on is probably one of the most important game mechanics, especially for normal enemies. However, EVERYTHING and when I say everything I mean EVERYTHING intimidated me. I had to look up how to defeat the boar, how to fight the knights in the chapel, etc. I realized the game was no fun if I was looking up how to do everything. Despite cutting down on my research, I still looked quite a bit up I must admit.

    However, here I am now, almost done with my SL1 run on DSR, and have played the game probably 6 times. I'm on my second play through of DS3 and Bloodborne, I'm in the middle of my play through of DS2, and I've 100% sekiro on the PS4 throughout 8 play throughs. Needless to say, if you have read this far thank you. I wanted to share how important these games are to me and just how much I enjoy them, and have grown to love them. Playing these games is what I do in my free time always. I can't even tell you the amount of hours of my life I've spent on these games the past few months. I love the soulsborne/sekiro games more than any other games I've ever played. Sorry for the long post. PRAISE THE SUN!!

    submitted by /u/kakyyyoin
    [link] [comments]

    Rant about trophies

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 01:34 PM PST

    I never understood the trophy collection obsession. There are so many posts on here from people wanting someone to drop them a weapon so they can get a trophy. It's a extra-game mechanic that should only appeal to a completionist, and much respect for the player who actually goes 100% and earns it. But why do you want a trophy if you didn't earn it? Like, what's the actual point?

    submitted by /u/epic_nutsack
    [link] [comments]

    Ornstein in O&S is quite broken and ruining the fight for me

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 02:49 PM PST

    I love the idea of fighting two people and the dual or triple bosses I've fought before have been fun af but Ornstein in this one is awful. Most of his moves are fine but the few moves where he zips to you are so broken. If he hits an object he'll keep going until he flies to your left or directly behind you immediately and hits you before you can even think to dodge. Also in his second phase one of his moves does the wind up, then stops and randomly hits me. I want to like this boss, the design is on point but these moves make it downright unfair sometimes.

    Edit: Beat it, same opinion

    submitted by /u/MemeMiester32
    [link] [comments]

    BK Halbard+5 vs lightning battle axe +5

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:44 AM PST

    My max +5 BK Halbard at 496 damage will 'one shot' mobs but it takes my max lightning battle axe at 475 damage 3 hits to take down the same mob - how come??

    submitted by /u/stevemac1001
    [link] [comments]

    SL level 75 pvp areas?

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 10:37 PM PST

    Tryna get some duels in without grinding to 120 you know? Ds remastered on the ps4

    submitted by /u/bearsforcares
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment