• Breaking News

    Monday, February 1, 2021

    Dark Souls Two Elevators are for Ornstein and Smough

    Dark Souls Two Elevators are for Ornstein and Smough


    Two Elevators are for Ornstein and Smough

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:51 PM PST

    I've played dark souls for years and recently gotten back into it. In the boss room for Ornstein and Smough, there are two elevators: one small and one large. It puzzled me for a while but I finally realized: they are different sizes because Ornstein and Smough are different sizes. The elevators are for them!

    submitted by /u/Bravenkind
    [link] [comments]

    When I killed Priscilla on my first playthrough, I thought I had no choice.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 09:27 PM PST

    I killed her, and honestly thought it was my only choice. Most players think it's pure greed, but I did it thinking I had to. She literally tells you to walk off a plank into a thousand foot drop off. Think about it, I'm a new player, I know the game will try to kill you in all sorts of devious ways. I was also going in blind, no foreknowledge. So when this 12 foot monster girl with a massive scythe in a world of toxic and aggressive enemies tells me her world is peaceful and the inhabitants kind tells me to jump off a cliff, all I could think was that she was obviously trying to trick me into suicide. I thought, she must think I'm the dumbest idiot ever to actually expect that killing myself by leaping to my death will somehow let me leave her world. So I attacked, I wasn't falling for such an OBVIOUS lie, and I was angry that she was seriously thinking I was dumb enough to jump off a cliff on purpose. But after... She's dead, I'm still trapped. What? She was TELLING THE TRUTH?! WHAT?! How was I expected to realize the big monster girl in a world of killer undead was being honest when she told me to walk off a ledge as a means of escape.

    I felt pretty bad after. Anyway, point being, you can actually justify killing her from a moral standpoint, all it requires is you not trusting someone when they basically tell you to kill yourself. I LEGIT thought I'd just get a "you died" message if I did what she sad, playing me for a total sucker. Turns out, it was just straight up murder. But I didn't, and couldn't, know that at the time.

    submitted by /u/andys3rdattempt
    [link] [comments]

    I killed them!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 02:39 AM PST

    Ornstein and Smough, dead. It only took me like 20 tries, I was expecting at least 50 tries since I'm a bad player, I'm playing with a keyboard and my computer is so crappy that not even with DS fix I can play at more that 30fps. I'm happy, this is my first time. I wanna upgrade my halberd and move to Firelink Shrine. I wanted to share this joy with someone else :)

    submitted by /u/RavenS0ul
    [link] [comments]

    I’m so unbelievably impressed by the longevity of this game.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:44 AM PST

    Yesterday I decided to load up dark souls remastered on the switch. I had put 240hrs into it and "retired" from playing it about a year ago. I went on to play hollow knight and cuphead and several other games (Celeste is next on my list!). Always loved dark souls, but I had had enough for a while. I felt this itch to do another playthrough; this time on a bow only run. I sat down and I'm plugging away, I took a different route this time (firelink -> valley of drakes -> dark root basin -> parish -> bell then back to basin -> havels tower -> lower undead burg -> depths) I never triggered the drake. After I got the large ember, I went back to londo ruins with a few levels in vitality under my belt to get the composite long bow, levelled it up a bit and then went back through the valley shortcut to blightown to ring the second bell.

    I had impressed myself by keeping my human form through new londo (I just ran through, and expected to die from getting clobbered by ghosts). So when I hit the floor in blight town I got to fight Mildred. Then I rested and beat Quelaag. So far so quiet. Here's where I'm blown away. I went to farm large titanite shards from the slugs and while doing so left my white summon sign by the bonfire. I was then summoned not once, not twice but three times!!!!! That was a nice boon of souls, so after getting my shards I decided to get the crest of artorias and get the black bow of pharis. Well those forest hunters are tough as nails and my +10 composite long bow is only hitting for like 50 damage. But lo, while I'm fighting the first forest knight, I see this phantom come down the stairs and drop their summon sign at the base. A saviour!!!! I summon "Sieglinde," wearing heavy armour and a big sword, he/she tanks and helps me clear the Forest. My kiting aggros all of them at once though, so it was a pretty frantic (and fun) fight. What's more, we were invaded near the end of this fight and while I was finishing the last forest hunter, Sieglinde died fending off the invader before we could get the bow from Pharis. I avenged him though, kiting the invader who wielded a halberd. I baited whiff attacks and grinded out their Estus. I was having a wonderful time! Then I found Sieglinde's summon sign again and we finally managed to kill Pharis and her knight accomplice.

    By golly what an evening. Dark souls remastered is still alive on Nintendo Switch and I'm so impressed. Never go hollow! I'll be back again for more jolly coop!

    submitted by /u/RockstarCowboy1
    [link] [comments]

    I actually like how Demon Ruins has demoted bosses everywhere, even though most people complain about it.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:20 AM PST

    Why? Because it makes me feel badass. Remember that Taurus Demon that put up such a fight when your adventure was still fresh? Or that Capra with its dogs that ganked you? Well now there's literally several in a single small area. Multiple boss rank demons at once, things that were once major threats even when alone or backed by just 2 mutts. And what happens? YOU DESTROY THE WHOLE LOT OF THEM. And you likely made it look easy, especially if you're a caster build. I got 4 Taurus Demons running at me at the same time, who cares, my crystal sorcery spells are one hit killing them. And the Capras are even more screwed.

    Point being, it truly shows how far you've come. What were once bosses are now just mooks, you're killing several bosses in the time it once took you to kill ONE of that same boss back near the beginning. My only complaint was they should have thrown some Asylum Demons in there too, to complete the package. Not stray demons, the shorter and pudgier one you fight at the very beginning. And yes, stray type is actually a good deal larger than the asylum type. But yeah, getting to kill bosses like they're normal enemies is cool because it shows how strong you've gotten, and I love it. It's odd, but that little demon ass kicking spree early into the demon ruins is always a major highlight for me, it just tickles me knowing I'm wiping out bosses by the score. Sure, maybe it was due to time constraints and another sign of how that area was rushed. But for me, I love how clear a demonstration it is of how much power you've gained since the last time you fought that demon type, going from major bosses to normal enemies you just walk right over like the footnote they now are to you.

    submitted by /u/andys3rdattempt
    [link] [comments]

    Insane PVP and rebalance mod

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 04:43 PM PST

    https://youtu.be/na0g_DsNXr8

    Please check this mod out its insane the amount of work this guy seems to have put on.

    He calls it halo in dark souls, the man made maps, arena modes like CTF and team deathmatch, rebalanced basically the entire game, and even added weapon arts.

    submitted by /u/tatas323
    [link] [comments]

    Please, convince me to keep going.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 10:55 PM PST

    I'm playing ds1 re for the first time and just rang the first bell, after gargoyle, now I'm dealing with skeletons to get down to the catacombs and I've lost the will to go on with this game. These guys are worse than the bosses so far, it doesn't help that once I get into the combs they just pop back up and I can't figure out how to get to the necros raising them.

    In short, I did have a determination to beat these games, I have them all now, plus blood borne and nioh....I want to do this, it was kind of my goal for this year. I have a long history of quitting though, so it's extra hard.

    I need help getting in the mindset I need to be in to do this. I need some positive encouragement or helpful advice, some talking to, I need a good listen here son meeting lol.

    And yeah I know, I need to git gud! I'm trying!

    Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/Kasoon
    [link] [comments]

    A Long Journey...

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 12:10 AM PST

    This is gonna be a bit of a read, but I hope you guys enjoy it. 5 years ago I was awarded my first trophy for Bloodborne. Yesterday (1/30/2021), I got the platinum for Dark Souls 2, which means I now have them for all 3 Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Sekiro. I got teary eyed as that final trophy popped and my wife gave me a kiss and a fist bump. This is by far the greatest gaming achievement for myself so far.

    Considering all of that, I would like to share some thoughts on the games from the perspective of someone who has had to have put right at or over 1000 hours into the series.

    Dark Souls Remastered: By far, for me anyway, the hardest in the series. Between Blighttown, the Capra Demon Gank and the legendary Anor Londo Archers, I had so much trouble. That being said, seeing the beginning of this universe after playing 3 beforehand I was blown away. It was actually really cool playing in the order I did because the stories for 1 and 3 flow so well together that it almost just felt like 3 was the first game and 1 is a prequel. 8/10

    Dark Souls 2: Arguably the most controversial entry in the franchise, and my personal least favorite. While I still enjoyed the game for the most part there were just some things that just irked me:

    • Too many filler bosses (Covetous Demon, Nejka, Etc.)
    • Strange hit box placements
    • Fragmented Story progression

    There are others but this post is long as it is. Still even with its flaws, if you love the series you owe it to yourself to play at least once. 6/10

    Bloodborne: This was my first venture into the series and a game I am playing through again at the time of writing. The speed and the intensity of this game is so different from the more methodical pace of the Souls saga proper, but that is by far not a bad thing. Not only was this my first platinum in the franchise, it was my first platinum ever! The environment, the characters, the combat, the everything is top notch. 9/10

    Dark Souls 3: My favorite of the series. In my opinion, this is as close to a perfect video game I have played since Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo 64. The scope and scale of this entry is phenomenal, the callbacks to 1 are very tasteful and every step of this journey is just like wrapping into a warm blanket. As a vegetable shaped knight once said, "Long May the Sun Shine!" 10/10

    Sekiro: Man, what a departure! Sekiro is the outlier of the franchise just for being so different, with the non customizable character, the more straightforward approach to storytelling and the expansion into vertical combat. That being said, these are not really criticisms at all. This game just proves that Fromsoft is capable of taking a winning formula and evolving in new and exciting ways. 9/10

    I apologize for the long post but I just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings on this personal achievement of mine, even if it seems like a fruitless endeavor to some. Much love to you guys!

    submitted by /u/cherryflavoredmurder
    [link] [comments]

    What does Capra mean in the game's context?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 04:05 AM PST

    Hi. I have the pleasure of watching a friend play DS for the first time, and it just occurred to me that I have no idea what Capra means.

    I tried to search through the posts here, but could only find the salty, salty woes of eternal struggles.

    submitted by /u/OktoberStorm
    [link] [comments]

    Finally Spoke to the Fair Lady

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 04:00 PM PST

    Doing my first NG+ run-through of Dark Souls Remastered, and I've been sorta rushing through parts in an effort to clear the Catacombs and Tomb of Giants so I can comfortably trade the Sunlight Maggot for the Old Witch's ring. I killed Quelaag's sister in my first playthrough after briefly being a covenant member because, hey, supposedly there was some loot back there, and I leveled up my pyromancy from her derpy guard already anyway. On NG+, I've obviously been more curious about stuff I missed, and Quelaag's sister was high on the list of curiosities after I learned you could actually speak to her with the Old Witch's Ring equipped.

    I'm here now. Her miserable lullaby is still playing in my headphones as I write this. I'm devastated. I don't even really fully understand what's gone wrong with her or what Quelaag meant to her, and I'm completely heartbroken for her. I'm angry that I had to kill Quelaag to ring the Bell of Awakening. I'm angry that this game made me suffer in the Depths for hours and then continue that suffering down into the bulging Blighttown. While I was suffering up there, the White Lady was also suffering down here, and Quelaag was maybe the only thing that could ever end the suffering -- or at least help it! Then I came down here because I needed to ring a fucking bell to open another nest of nightmares (Sen's). I killed Quelaag. Now her sister is just rotting here alone and in pain. Seems like it's definitely mercy at this point to just kill her, but I do not want to. I don't know what I want to do. I'm tired. I have the Archives and all the shit in the Demon Ruins and Izalith left to do. Maybe I'll go back to the Tomb of Giants and farm humanity and souls with those nasty skeleton babies.

    But I'm not killing the White Lady.

    submitted by /u/SCARAMOUCHE66
    [link] [comments]

    WTF with the "Prepare to die again" mod!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:13 AM PST

    I recently installed "Prepare to die again" mod, and I arrived to Anor Londo. Everything before that was OK and sometimes difficult (like the deeps), but when I entered the fight vs Ornstein and Smough I realized that not only there was this too, there was One Gargoyle and 4 Gwyndolins!

    Can someone explain me if this is an error or a joke of the creator?

    submitted by /u/Scorn_700
    [link] [comments]

    My mom was cooking today and one of her ingredients reminded me of Dark Souls

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:47 PM PST

    Easy Souls - Consistently beat base Dark Souls 1 in under 1 hour

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 05:14 PM PST

    Put together a relatively low-risk playthrough for people who have beaten vanilla Dark Souls 1 a couple times but want to consistently get through it in under an hour to play live for friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwips9CgFwg&t=226s

    I wouldn't call this a speedrun because of how relatively sloppy and unoptimized it is compared to the top routes, and it was mainly made to be accessible for Dark Souls 1 players on any platform playing any version. It's really rewarding to set a goal of beating Dark Souls in an hour and then actually doing it without dumping weeks of work into a playthrough, so I hope this helps more people achieve this.

    submitted by /u/Russell_13
    [link] [comments]

    Ideas to complete a Dark Sign Tattoo

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:04 AM PST

    Hey guys, a few months ago I've got a Dark Sign tattoo in my arm, and I would like to fill the empty space inside of it with a bonfire... Is here anyone who already did got something like this? I would love to see some of your tattoos/ideas.

    submitted by /u/Soulofhollow
    [link] [comments]

    Just played through DSR for the first time... didn't realise it came with all the DLC

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 04:05 AM PST

    Guess its time for a second play through

    submitted by /u/_Jakuzuree
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Mauro,

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:11 PM PST

    You got the shit end of the stick last night in Oolacile. It was hilarious and awful, fucked and completely ridiculous all at once. Constantly losing your summons, being gravelorded and invaded at the same time, and watching me anxiously waltz off a ledge while trying to lead you away from harm. Then having the kindness and good faith to summon me again, and getting invaded again by the same guy I thought we'd taught a lesson! Words can't describe the grueling war of attrition that ensued as he tossed dung pies at us from the safety of the most dangerous hoard in the Township. His tag was Plasma. I'll be watching out for that name in PVP and, given the chance, try to eke out a win in an honorable duel. And I hope I see your name again, too. I'll drop some more humanity for your troubles, and try to redeem myself as a warrior of sunlight!

    Until next time, THICK Mint

    submitted by /u/Relative-Sense-2750
    [link] [comments]

    Half-breed Priscilla covenant idea

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 03:43 AM PST

    Is it just me or should Priscilla have had a covenant for you to join? It could have been called the forgotten ones or something. What about you guys?

    submitted by /u/RepresentativeThis19
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone ever wonder how the elevators move in Anor Londo?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:21 PM PST

    Dark Souls goes into a lot of detail to explain how things "work", as in, how a lot of elements in the world operate mechanically. For blatant examples, there are the Giants that operate the traps in Sen's Fortress. A little more obscure is the fire dogs in Blighttown. Even the entire system of Humanity and its function in the world is explained in great detail, requiring about an Associate's Degree worth of information to know the specifics. Why, then, doesn't the game ever take the time to show how the elevators in Anor Londo work? Or does it, and did I missed it up until some informative Reddit comment?

    submitted by /u/EldenSPRING
    [link] [comments]

    Gaping Dragon

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 09:32 AM PST

    Gaping Dragon

    Credit to Eemeling on deviantart. Gaping Dragon is one of my favorite conceptual bosses in the game.

    submitted by /u/SmashBoomStomp
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanna know if my stats are decent

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 05:53 PM PST

    I'm about to head to blighttown at level 39 and I'm just curious if my stats are okay for the area (VIT 19, ATT 10, END 15, STR 19, DEX 18, RES 10, INT 9, FAITH 20)

    submitted by /u/moonbadgr
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls trilogy no hit run

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 02:36 PM PST

    Bushido, a Spanish streamer, and the seventh person in the world to complete Dark Souls trilogy no hit run (all three games in a row without getting a hit) Clip of the moment

    submitted by /u/Markos_GT
    [link] [comments]

    NG+ help for pvp

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:46 AM PST

    I started ng+ on my main with the intension of doing mostly pvp, any tips on what bosses to kill and what bosses to keep alive.

    submitted by /u/ZeroSuitRimuru
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally consumed Sif's soul

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:43 PM PST

    While I was messing around in my inventory I absent-mindedly chose Sif's soul. Needless to say, I didn't realize what I did until I did it. I feel so bad for doing that.

    submitted by /u/sifsand
    [link] [comments]

    Question for Darkmoon Blade Uchigatana

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:40 AM PST

    Hello Dark Souls community, can anyone help me with this build I am planning to go with.

    https://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=Y2xlcmljLDQyLDE2LDUyLDE0LDE0LDExLDgsNTAsMCwxNCw0LDM0LDQsMzEsMywxNTMsNDUsMTI5LDExMyxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsMCw2MSw2Niw0NiwzOSwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMyx3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sMSwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCww

    I am pretty new with DS1, my build on my current playthrough is almost similar to this except with 40 DEX that's why I am trying to make a new one. With 40 DEX and 50 Faith, I have so little points left to invest on VIT and END. Is going for minimum DEX of 14 a viable option?

    submitted by /u/cherriss21
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment