• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 31, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 I just beat the game for the first time

    Dark Souls 2 I just beat the game for the first time


    I just beat the game for the first time

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 12:56 AM PST

    It was alright. I mean, it definitely is Dark Souls 2. Really liked the design of Nashandra and those last three fights (the guards, Nashandra and the Scholar of the First Sin). Also, I was kinda following the story until that last bit. Who exactly is the SotFS and did it ended just like DS1? Did my character linked the fire and died there? Anyway, it was alright, I guess I'll play a bit more until I get my DS3 copy.

    submitted by /u/gabiwave
    [link] [comments]

    Ds2 DLC’s..

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 12:49 PM PST

    Just realized one thing, i think that Fromsoft Fr trolled all of us with all of the optional areas in DLC's

    Cave of Dead- This one wasn't that bad, not rly but those statues killed me multiple times, once u know the way to the gank tho, u r good. Still tho, gank squad was a reason Why i took a whole week break from Dark souls 2, i rly hate them. Killing them was mby even better feeling than killing Lud and Zallen.

    Iron Passage- Damn This area was hard, Like rly hard. These mages that slowed you down were my nightmare (Until i started playing without armor ofc). And at the end of This area... Blueberry. I have unpopular opinion on Smelter Demons tho, i find them fairly challenging and fun. Once you'll learn their patterns It's pretty easy imo.

    And then last but not least... Frigid Outskirts- Yea ofc This area, these fricking reindeers were my nightmare, they were Like jumpscares that will kill you if u won't stun-lock them. It's might be only me but the biggest problem was right before the straight was to Lud and Zallen- there spawned Like 2 or even 3 at a time, i was dying on that spot so many times. And finally when i got to Lud and Zallen i knew i can't fuck This up or i'll have to go through that shit again. They were hard but after Like 6 tries i did it. Also, Idk Why but hitting them broke my greatsword rly quickly.

    submitted by /u/Kubajs783
    [link] [comments]

    Return to drangleic date

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 12:41 PM PST

    Is it starting soon I would assume?

    submitted by /u/Kyle-the-smasher
    [link] [comments]

    Just had the biggest laugh with Dragonrider.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:59 AM PST

    So i just went into ng+ with my hexer character and as always, i wanted to start by beating Dragonrider to death, but then i realised i never tried to make him fall off the ledge. Took a few tries to get it right, but then... Oh my god, i never laughed so much in a souls game. The way he charges at you like "I can't beat you up without getting closer" and then just falls. Made my day.

    submitted by /u/Nervous_shrimp
    [link] [comments]

    Illusionary walls aren't working! Help!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:58 AM PST

    This is the first time I've played and I've made it to No Man's Warf without ever finding an illusionary wall except for the one with first Pharro's stone. I've looked up where the walls are in the game, gone to them and done all I could (I'm on PC), pressing action, attacking, random button mashing - nothing is working! Has anyone else had this problem? Were you able to fix it?

    submitted by /u/a_very_solid_potato
    [link] [comments]

    Mako of the bellboys

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 09:07 AM PST

    You with the double-sided sword and the staff and the spells, you're a nice guy, thanks

    submitted by /u/Lucker_Kid
    [link] [comments]

    To the guy who helped me in Iron passage.. my thanks

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:24 PM PST

    I know it took us about 6 or 7 tries, but i thank you, we did it.

    Im not normally that bad, just high AF lol

    submitted by /u/Confi07
    [link] [comments]

    Platinum, other firsts, and my experience with DS2

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:57 PM PST

    I've played DS2 far less than the other games in the series, but this is the first dark souls game in which I've completed all the achievements. I do a couple playthroughs every few years, but this was the first time I really dove into DS2 and explored a lot of things I've never done before. Even though DS1 will always be my favorite for the original story/lore, and I enjoy the fast combat of DS3, my respect for DS2 grew tremendously this time around. Once I got used to the more methodical pace and learned to look before leaping, things started to click. I found that DS2 also had so much more build variety and replayability with all of the spells and weapons available, as well as mechanics like powerstance.

    Besides getting platinum, this was the first time I played through NG+, did a pure caster character without touching a weapon, and farmed/used weapons I've never used before (including berserker blade, heide greatlance, majestic greatsword). After all these years I also finally made the trek to Lud and Zallen on multiple characters, something I always assumed was too much trouble to be worth it.

    I wanted to thank everyone on the forum who gave advice and shared stories. This is a great community and DS2 definitely gets an unfair rap compared to the other games. I'm glad I got to experience the journey and am looking forward to some fun challenge runs in the near future!

    submitted by /u/souls37
    [link] [comments]

    I need some help and advice

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:48 PM PST

    Hi everyone, I started my 7th run of this game (never managed to finish it, farthest I've got was the Iron Keep) and I would like some advice on what weapons to use early game.

    Right now I'm lvl 35, aiming for a strength (later more quality because Claymore) build and I get my ass handed to me in No Mans Wharf.

    I'm at my wits end, I tried different weapons (mace, axe, fire sword), different approaches (slow and meticulous, or run past stuff) and I'm slowly going hollow.

    I feel like I need to hit harder, most enemies just take so many hits to die, especially the big lanky spider things, and I get bled dry fast.

    What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something? Shouldn't I be here this early? I haven't beaten the Pursuer (yeah, another story of failure) yet.

    I don't remember how I got past these areas on my char that made it to the Iron Keep, it's been a while.

    Please, I'm really bummed out right now :(

    submitted by /u/machdatwech
    [link] [comments]

    Black Gulch Dark covenant area

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:47 PM PST

    I'm trying to complete the Dark areas before Darklurker, it's pretty much all I have left before the final bosses. Problem is, I can't even get past the first enemy that dual wields great hammers. He just poises through my attacks and completely wrecks me... every time. I'm extremely over levelled, cuz I don't do pvp. Something like sl 191. 50 vig, 40 end, 50 str, 25 vit, 41 adp, 20 dex. Red iron twinblade and tower shield maxed out, looking glass armor and leggings maxed out.

    Any suggestions for dual wielding hammer guy? Should I respec and use a magic build to fight him? I'm running out of effigies.

    submitted by /u/indiansfever11
    [link] [comments]

    Item discovery gear or not?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:37 PM PST

    Is it better to use farming gear or no farming gear for getting loyce souls, I've read conflicting statements about wether you should or not.

    submitted by /u/big-egg-man
    [link] [comments]

    Is Dark Souls 2 easy compared to the rest of the series

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 09:33 AM PST

    I played Ds1,Bloodborne and Ds3 i found DS1 to be the hardest and DS3 easiest

    I constantly hear that ds2 is easy compared to the rest

    submitted by /u/Time_Wedding_2846
    [link] [comments]

    Objects and sone of troops wont respawn.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:58 AM PST

    When i was In victorias stone covenent thingy they respawned and they dont respawn anymore so can someone explain To me why?

    submitted by /u/chiken_nuget_boy
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone mule for me?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 12:22 PM PST

    So, I was just playing a noobie sorcerer that I just started, which is basically for myself. But I also made a character for my wife, and today someone dropped a whole bunch of overpowered random crap for my character and when I saw them I was like "... This would go so much better for my wife's character...." So, my noobie sorcerer is level 31 and my wife's character is 91, I'm on SotFS, and I wanted to mule over a chime, and a staff and a bunch of soul things. Is it possible to mule over a bunch of stuff? Can anybody help me? It would be my first time muling in this game.

    submitted by /u/Dr4g0n__Kn1ght
    [link] [comments]

    Ds2 bosses dont seem to fit their zones

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 12:14 PM PST

    Pursuer fits, so does last giant given the story. Dragonslayer and dragonrider do as well. However, the bosses that most notably do not? Flexial sentry shouldnt be in a pirate themed zone, with the way the ship gets summoned you would have figured the boss Undead lords should have been there instead of being in huntsmans corpse where they are now. Ruined Sentinals make no sense where they are. In fact, how did they even fit into that room? Did they crawl through somehow? Made ZERO sense even though it was a fun fight and obviously the precurser to shadows of whatever they are called in bloodborne in the annoying as fuck snake area.

    Dark souls 1 and 3 had bosses that thematically fit their bosses. Even though the story was broken and was totally disjointed given the build up to Pontiff and then him being a mid game boss instead of the final boss. 1 had bosses that went with the zones they were in. Even demon ruins, its final boss was a demon. Unlike dark souls 1 and 3 at least ds2 hits the constant knights and fallen kingdoms themes on the head, they did way better than the other two did.

    I bring this up because huntsman corpse as a zone, has NOTHING to do with undead lords barring two necromancers in a cave that you can easily skip past. The chariot fight has nothing to do with those god aweful and annoying as fuck executioners that lead up to the zone. Heck even harvest valley makes zero sense barring some poison. And dont get me started on how that windmill does a TARDIS move with the elevator. Thats just poor design all the way around.

    Anyone else have something to add to this? I am only touching on a few, but since ds2 is so awesome I was curious what others thought about the odd placement of things.

    submitted by /u/Ok-2021
    [link] [comments]

    Softlock glitch?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 12:14 PM PST

    So I haven't played much ds2, but this is my second playthrough and I've linked all the primal bonfires but still cant open the door to drangleic. When I walk up to it it just gives me the "seek mightier souls" prompt even though I killed all 4 required bosses.

    submitted by /u/Scorpd77
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone list all of the optional bosses for me? (Base game)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:33 AM PST

    I'm gonna try and finish off the base game tonight, and I'd like to defeat every boss if I can. This would be much appreciated thanks!

    submitted by /u/OoooohYes
    [link] [comments]

    [PC SotFS] 2.9M Soul Memory - Co-Op for Sunlight Medals

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:26 AM PST

    I can only take so many hours of killing Falconers in Item Discovery gear...

    Anyone have a character in an appropriate soul range, willing to summon me to kill things? I don't really care what, I have the vast majority of areas available to warp around to help out. Can be summoned by 1.4M up to 12M memory.

    submitted by /u/Wjyosn
    [link] [comments]

    Backup saves and softban?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:25 AM PST

    I want to replace my NG++ save file with a lower lvl/SM NG save on a same character. The thing is that I've heard this can get you easily softbanned? I'm on ps4 and would like to hear if it's true or is using backups a no-no?

    submitted by /u/ladymaria_
    [link] [comments]

    It's finally over!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 02:13 AM PST

    Wow what a journey.

    I'm new to the soulsbourne games in general and am just working my way through the series for the first time. Started with Sekiro, then DS1 and now I've just finished up with my final obstacle which was giving me the most grief.

    Although the main campaign didn't really sing to me the way DS1 did, the DLC is where the game shines. Sinh, Sir Allone and especially fume knight were mastercrsfted bosses which had me grinning like a Cheshire cat. Dark Lurker was my first major obstacle and they absolutely destroyed me so I put it off till later. The next major roadblock was Aava. I play a tank build with the grand Lance and this tiger bastard was just not having it. After 3 weeks of torture I said "fuck it" and stripped down to basically nothing, ditched the shield and swapped to a rapier. That invisible bastard goes down first go. I was stoked. Today was the day I was gonna finish the game.

    With some new found gusto I've pushed through the burnt ivory king (this arena is nuts btw) and onto Lud and Zallen which nearly have me a heart attack after the shit show that is the frigid outskirts. I was surprised to find that they were pushbovers compared to their brother/sister.

    That just left one more boss. Dark Lurker. Whether it is actually a difficult boss or if I was just getting in my own head because it is the only boss that is pay-to-play, this is the only time I got close to going hollow. I started with 23 effigies and eventually got it on my second last attempt due to some amazing luck. They both went up for the Lazer beam in unison and while almost touching each other. When they descended the swings from my flaming dragons tooth hit them both for massive damage and got the win.

    I feel like a kid again. Just wanted to share my victory with someone.

    Now onto 3.

    submitted by /u/syphmonkey
    [link] [comments]

    is there any way to see if i'm human?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 10:55 AM PST

    the merchant who sells miracles has disappeared

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 10:06 AM PST

    the merchant who sells miracles has disappeared

    submitted by /u/Simple_Human_Soul
    [link] [comments]

    fume sword infusion? 0 int and faith atm

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 09:59 AM PST

    wanna use the fume sword on my dex build, 22 str 45 dex

    what infusion will do most damage? im at 3 int and 6 faith

    submitted by /u/rapfanbig12
    [link] [comments]

    First time fighting the Darklurker

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 09:54 AM PST

    Excuse me, but what the actual fuck? [Edit] I have just actually beat him!!! On my last effigy too

    submitted by /u/elugas99
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment