• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 2, 2021

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (January 01, 2021)

    Dark Souls Weekly General Discussion Thread (January 01, 2021)


    Weekly General Discussion Thread (January 01, 2021)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:00 AM PST

    Welcome to the weekly general discussion thread! This thread is for the community to discuss whatever is on their mind (whether it is Dark Souls 1 related or not).

    Have a question that you've been meaning to ask but haven't gotten around to making a post yet? Something on your mind you want to discuss? Playing a game that you think others would like? Comment away! All we ask is that you are respectful of each other, and have fun!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Decided to get a tattoo of my boi Ornstein :)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 04:03 PM PST

    Met up with my artist at the beginning of the year, we had a couple of sketches and idea and a lot of tweaks to get to what I was happy with. My boyfriend introduced me to the series and I absolutely love them! :D

    The link below has both B&W, and colour images :)

    https://imgur.com/gallery/AIXR3qh

    submitted by /u/MissLadyJay
    [link] [comments]

    The clams were harder than Seath

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:45 AM PST

    Honestly fuck those clams. And the invisible bridges with 2-3 golems chasing after you.

    Seath was a breeze compared to all that. Beat him in one try once I got by the clams.

    TLDR: Clams suck

    submitted by /u/moviebuffnerd
    [link] [comments]

    Does Andre's arm ever get tired?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 04:26 PM PST

    Jeezus. . . . . . .

    submitted by /u/CoverFire
    [link] [comments]

    EpicNameBro is back on YouTube with From the Fog!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:33 AM PST

    I think we have EpicNameBro to thank for getting a lot of us into the Souls series and being one of the first people delving deep into the lore puzzle of Dark Souls and bringing the community together to really appreciate the game.

    From the Dark was a fantastic in-depth lorethrough of Dark Souls 1 that we all fondly talk about now and again but shortly after ENB sadly quit YouTube and took to streaming on Twitch claiming to never return, but finally, he's back with a Demon's Souls in-depth lorethrough.

    https://youtu.be/eUVnKX_RdhQ

    Please be respectful, please welcome ENB back and enjoy!

    submitted by /u/grantdredelic
    [link] [comments]

    Motivation to play gone

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 08:10 PM PST

    Got to the depths, fell down and got cursed and didn't find a bonfire, now I have half health and rage quit the game. How can I get back into it

    submitted by /u/PolarizedDonk
    [link] [comments]

    This one attack

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:38 PM PST

    I'm trying to beat the fire sage demon and he isn't too hard. But there is one attack i just don't understand. It's where he slams his club into the wall for an AOE. I easily avoid it in my not remastered version but here it seems like the range is doubled. I can be half way across the arena and it still hits me. And because I try to avoid this I often get cornered and he spams this attack. I can't roll through it and my shield isn't good enough to tank it. On top of that I don't know what type of damage it does. Does anyone know?

    submitted by /u/pointing-at-flipflop
    [link] [comments]

    PRAISE THE NEW YEAR!!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:26 PM PST

    I beat dark souls remastered on switch after playing it on and off for a year. Finally laid it down this last month and went full force!! It's my first soulsbourne game I've beat. I've always wanted to play them but get too overwhelmed with anxiety. Today I made the 4 kinds and gywn my bitch beating them first try!!

    The journey was amazing and the world building has become one of my favorite games. Onto DS3!

    submitted by /u/gazeingaround
    [link] [comments]

    Hardest Soulsborne to Platinum?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 11:07 PM PST

    Just got my platinum trophy in DS1! (For the second time lol) what do you guys think is the hardest game in soulsborne to platinum in offline play? I plan on doing 2, 3 and then sekiro next

    submitted by /u/Critacular
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to revive the Fire Keeper after she's dead?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:13 AM PST

    I want her back :'(

    submitted by /u/VHMA
    [link] [comments]

    To the Sunbros and Darkmoon Blade

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:14 PM PST

    Two Warriors of Sunlight and a Darkmoon Blade helped my Artorias cosplay make short work of Ornstein & Smough. Thank you all. Your bravado and tenacity made this cosplay run such a joy. It was really great to have such support for Artorias's return home. O&S now remember who the captain of the guard is and won't forget any time soon.

    • Dark Souls (R) Switch, Knight Artorias cosplay, SL 75

    Praise the Sun.

    submitted by /u/MaryvilleGunpla
    [link] [comments]

    The completion of a “One Finger Only Run” implies that a “Dick Only Run” is possible. Discuss strats.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:17 AM PST

    One finger only as in only one finger can be used to control the player through the game. Dick only as in only one dick can be used to control the player through the game. Discuss strategies for the Dick Only Run.

    submitted by /u/Challenger_Andy
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with a million souls?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 05:46 PM PST

    After hours of killing Phalanxes in the Painted World, I've finally reached my goal of gathering a million souls.

    My question is, what would be the best way to invest them? Should I distribute them equally across all attributes, or only focus on a few key ones? Should I purchase twinkling titanite and upgrade my weapons and armour? Or is there some other use that I don't know about?
    At any rate, I'm not planning on advancing through the game until I've spent them. It makes me anxious carrying them around all the time.

    submitted by /u/PrinceProspero9
    [link] [comments]

    Man this game is amazing.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 03:15 PM PST

    Now that I have your attention...

    How viable is a fire claymore? Or should I do fire Zweihander instead? I'm going a build similar to Giant Dad.

    submitted by /u/SedentaryOwl
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain how the cycle works?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:54 PM PST

    Lately I've been going through the Dark Souls series again, but with the intention of trying to puzzle some things out for myself and come up with a coherent picture of the lore. That being said, absolutely nothing seems to add up.

    • Is Gwyn responsible for the undead curse and the darksign?

    • If Gwyn is not responsible for the undead curse, than how come hollowing and losing your sanity is benificial for men, considering that this is a side effect of the flame fading?

    • Is there a difference between an age of dark and the age of ancients? If the flame were to fade, doesn't that mean disparity also fades entirely?

    • How is not entering the Throne of Want different from not linking the First Flame?

    • If we are able to kindle bonfires using humanity, which is very likely to be an offspring from the Dark Soul, doesn't that mean that the Dark Soul itself and only the Dark Soul itself can serve as fuel for the first flame?

    I'm trying to see the bigger picture here, but it seems the more I try the less all of it makes sense. What do you guys make of it?

    submitted by /u/BeegSmurf
    [link] [comments]

    Will I be missing out on a lot if I don't play online?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:19 AM PST

    Title says it all really. I'm playing DSR blind-ish as my first ever soulsborne game, but I don't have PS Plus as I never bothered buying it haha. I don't really understand the PvP aspect of the game, as well as the covenants part of PvP. I just beat Quelaag and currently chaos servant. Thanks in advance for the responses.

    submitted by /u/IWillDominic
    [link] [comments]

    SUPER MARIO IS LIKE DARK SOULS!!!!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:13 AM PST

    Warrior or pyromancer or knight

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:57 AM PST

    I didn't know what class to pick in dark souls 1 so I asked people but all of them say pick warrior or knight or pyromancer So I was hoping someone could give me a good answer about if I should choose knight or warrior or pyromancer (I'm a newcomer)

    submitted by /u/Reaper1645
    [link] [comments]

    Poster of the lord soul bosses

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:06 AM PST

    I just bought the trilogy, and I just finished the Undead Asylum in the first game. Any tips for the journey I am about to go on would be greatly appreciated! (I'm playing as the Wanderer class if that changes anything.)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:20 PM PST

    I am extremely excited to die quite a lot.

    submitted by /u/BookwormPunk
    [link] [comments]

    My dudes and dudettes. Im on my way to a god damn breakdown lol

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 06:31 PM PST

    Yo anor lando can suck it for real. Does anybody have tips on how to beat the bosses? Like i figured that i needed to keep smough for last ( learned that the hard way ).

    Now i dont have any humanity left and i was a few hit shorts of finally beating them. Before i start to try and beat them myself, is it even possible or will I be losing my time?

    submitted by /u/regularflywhiteguy
    [link] [comments]

    Help with restoring backed up save files

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:39 AM PST

    So basically throughout my playthrough I have been backing up my saves, and just tonight I found out that my save file had been corrupted. I replaced the corrupted file with my latest backup and it didn't work. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but if someone could help me it would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Miltox_
    [link] [comments]

    Can we take a min to appreciate the helpfulness of the DS subreddits?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Going through the triology is a rough time and a lot of stuff happens. Most people will need help, be it with a boss or just questions about how mechanics work. Even lore questions!
    I've been using the subreddits a lot and I always get surprised at how helpful you guys are.

    Thank you for easing my experience and being supportive when I'm about to destroy my whole setup ((: praise the sun!

    submitted by /u/BreadGotten
    [link] [comments]

    What level are people reaching Artorias? Been having tons of fun helping people at O&S, and would like to have a character ready to help people in Royal Woods

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 09:11 AM PST

    Not sure if Royal Woods is as active as O&S, but I'd like to make a character for some PvE/PvP action, mostly helping people kill Artorias but maybe doing some invasions as well. Is SL90 a good level for this, or is that too high? Not sure when most people end up reaching the DLC.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/seektankkill
    [link] [comments]

    My game bugged?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:18 AM PST

    So I just got back to fire link shrine and both the pyromancer and the guy sitting next to the fire are gone! I've never attacked them, and don't know why they left. This is my first play through, I just got through Andor Londo. Is the game bugged or are they just gone?

    submitted by /u/Matt_in_together
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment