• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 2, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 The story of how I got almost every item in the game in offline mode

    Dark Souls 2 The story of how I got almost every item in the game in offline mode


    The story of how I got almost every item in the game in offline mode

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:00 AM PST

    Well, there is not much to write in this post, as much of the story has already been told in my previous posts here, here, here and here. Before obtaining any of the following items I was already in NG++.

    I murdered Blue Sentinel Targray for Targray's Set and the Blue Knight's Halberd and Titchy Gren for the Nahr Alma Set and the Scythe of Nahr Alma.

    The Old Mirrah Greatsword, the Lion Warrior Helm, the Red Lion Warrior Cape and the Monastery Set, of which I already had the Monastery Scimitar and the Monastery Longshirt, were not that hard to get. I would say it took about 3-4 tries for each item, as I would sometimes get a duplicate of another or none at all.

    Now for the Illusory Ring of the Exalted and the Illusory Ring of a Conqueror there was a little more legwork to do. Firstly, I had to change my build back to a melee one, as I could not attune other spells if need be. I made my character have 99 END, 50 VGR, VIT, STR and DEX, 26 INT and FTH and 6 ATN and ADP. I level up INT and FTH so much because I had spare points that would not have made much of a difference in other stats and I wanted to use weapons that have INT and FTH requirements. Secondly, I had to choose what gear I would use and I picked the King's Set for roleplay reasons but this proved not to be a great decision as the set isn't that protective and quite heavy. Then I chose what weapons I would use and ended up taking all boss soul weapons, that I have not used at all, all fully upgraded weapons and weapons that I thought were interesting to give a try. Not being able to rest at a bonfire really made me look after how worn out a weapon became. Durability is a lot weaker in many weapons than I expected. I think about half of the weapons I brought were almost broken by the time I finished this run. Then, after I selected my equipment, I entered NG+++. Most of it went smoothly. I only had a bit of a trouble in getting accustomed to all the weapon types once again after going through a sorceress run. The only bosses that gave me any sort of trouble were the Ruin Sentinels, the Lost Sinner and the Throne Defender and the Throne Watcher and the only red phantom that was troublesome was the Drakekeeper red phantom at the gates of Drangleic Castle. I had to use a Large Club +10 to bat them, and in the case of the Lost Sinner I had to summon Sellsword Luet to endure some blows as I took out the Prisoned Sinners. I used about 99 lifegems, 99 radiant lifegems, 72 old radiant lifegems and 8 repair powders and gained 2,400,000+ souls. All in all, this whole run must have taken me about 7 hours. Quite the work for 2 rings.

    One thing that I realized once I finished this run is that I had enough consumable souls to possibly open the gates of the Shrine of Winter just by the number of souls obtained alone. This would have surely spared me a lot of hassle.

    The Lingering Dragoncrest Ring +2 and the Ring of Thorns +2 are treasures that I do not covet, for I do not deal in multiplayer affairs. If someone wishes for them and the completion of this collection, than I would be more than happy to share the save file with them. Also, if someone wishes to try getting a better time for this run, they may definitely try.

    submitted by /u/Sebastian620
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth spending 30 levels just to meet the Majestic Greatsword's requirements?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:00 AM PST

    Title, so I've been running a quality 50/45 build and I got 5 faith 5 int, so in order to use it, I'd have to level up both Fth and Int 15 times, is it even worth it? I don't think I'll use spells at all so it would just be for the sword, I haven't used spells at all though so maybe they're more worth it than I think, but I'd still not level them up past 20. I've been running the Bone Fist for a long time and I wanted to try out how powerstancing feels with the Majestic Greatsword

    submitted by /u/RealisticTrollface
    [link] [comments]

    Good Strike Weapon for Dark Build

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:06 PM PST

    Hey everyone. I'm in late NG with my hex/melee hybrid build (currently 16 str/16 dex/30 int/30 fth). For NG I'm playing as a hybrid caster to mix in dark orbs for ranged option. I've got the fire longsword, dark roaring halberd, and dark silverblack spear all upgraded and am looking for a strike option to round out the melee side of things (silverblack R2 is great but only goes so far). Eventually in NG+ I'll respec to pure melee with support spells and drop attunement for more str and vit so I can use Velstadt's ding dong hammer of doom, but for now I'm looking for something lighter and quicker like a hammer. I heard homunculus mace and craftsman hammer infuse well, any other good options I should look into? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/souls37
    [link] [comments]

    help

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:33 PM PST

    what is best katana in the ds2

    submitted by /u/1C_3C_R34_M
    [link] [comments]

    Is it still worth staying at sl150 for pvp?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:56 AM PST

    I understand staying at sl150 isn't encouraged by the game by any standard because of the existence of soul memory. To my understanding sl150 is a continuity/competitive thing invented by the community. Are there enough people still playing that it makes sense to stay at 150? I'm playing this game for the first time in a few years with friends who have never played a souls game so I'm trying to give them a good pvp experience. Plan on doing invasions/red arena and not really worrying about freezing soul mem until 2mil~.

    submitted by /u/Leeboro
    [link] [comments]

    Could you previously use healing items in the arena??

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:08 AM PST

    I saw a video recently from what must have been the original Dark Souls 2. There was a guy in the arena being a troll to another player, by breaking his gear and just spamming healing items like estus and life gems. I have only ever played the SOTFS of this game, and I know you can't use any of that stuff in the arena now. Could you use those items pre-Scholar, or was the troll hacking?

    submitted by /u/obamasfursona
    [link] [comments]

    Faith/sorcery build for my 1st DS2 run ever.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:42 AM PST

    Hello! I'd like to break my habit of playing mostly strength based characters. Never played Dark Souls 2 before, and I really consider playing something miracle/sorcery based this time around. Which is better and easier to start with? One thing I didint like about faith in DS1 was how late offensive miracles come to play. Is it possible to build a decent cleric fairly early in DS2? Also, should I go faith/strength hybrid or just pure miracles? Every input helps a lot. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/vangraaft
    [link] [comments]

    If they completely remade this game like they did for Demon's Souls, would you want them to try to fix some of the map inconsistencies or rather they left the map alone?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:26 AM PST

    As a side note I think this game would would be the most beautiful in the series if it got the Demon's Souls treatment

    submitted by /u/cd-Ezlo
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP][PS4][NG+3] Alonne (dlc boss)

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 12:19 PM PST

    Soul Memory: 23,113,328

    submitted by /u/somborne
    [link] [comments]

    My thoughts so far..

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 07:07 PM PST

    I'm roughly 12 hours into the game, just got through No Man's Wharf, and beat the Belfry Gargoyles, and I am absolutely loving this game. In my opinion, it is the weakest link of the franchise, however, even as it is the weakest of the games, it is still a solid 8.5/10 to me. The rolling system is much more rewarding, especially getting your adaptability and agility up for good rolling. I'm using a dex-based Drangleic sword build with no pyromancies or sorceries. The biggest challenge I've faced was probably the Gargoyles, and my favorite boss so far was Old Dragonslayer, since another Ornstein battle is a win no matter what. All the bosses I've faced so far were fun and pretty good. The Pursuer was a great first major boss, same with The Last Giant. The Dragonslayer was sadly too easy, though the level design was nice. I've already given my thoughts on Old Dragonslayer and the Gargoyles, and The Ruin Sentinels was really fun, as it was a gank boss with obstacles in the terrain to separate the 3 bosses.

    submitted by /u/ChumIsFum01
    [link] [comments]

    Did you know you were hearing alligators?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 10:57 PM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYXin3cE59s

    Here we have an example of the bizzare sampling used to create DS2's soundscape

    submitted by /u/DingusHanglebort
    [link] [comments]

    Was there any specific inspiration for Eleum Loyce?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:15 AM PST

    I came across this photo of Gößweinstein in the winter, and it got me wondering if any specific cities were used as inspiration for Eleum Loyce. I know that the production team of Bloodborne visited Romania and the Czech Republic in preparation for that game. Has anyone read any production notes or producer tweets that discussed this?

    submitted by /u/ILikeTalkingToMyself
    [link] [comments]

    is this too easy for you?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:08 AM PST

    Looking for Mirrah Greatsword (XB1) (SM 7.5 mil)

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:43 AM PST

    I think I've gone past the point of being able to get Lucatiel's set and the Mirrah GS. I don't have much, but I can try to hook you up in return.

    Thanks for the assistance everyone

    submitted by /u/xaviermarshall
    [link] [comments]

    Fear

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:23 AM PST

    So I've noticed a lack of being able to repair my weapons... I've also noticed the little red bars, which brings me to, what happens when those little red bars go down and how do I repair my weapons? Are they required to break now and I should have back ups prepped?

    submitted by /u/LazyR3dd1tMan
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got my Bell Keepers Set!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 03:56 PM PST

    Many hours spent defending the Bell @Luna and finally received my reward. Big shout out to all my victims. Couldn't have done it with out you!

    Tools: Spear, Shortsword, Old Whip

    And a special mention to DarkSpirit 9 for keeping things interesting...

    Happy New Years to you all!

    submitted by /u/0divided0
    [link] [comments]

    The exceptionally short guide about straight thrusting swords

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:34 AM PST

    Now, this guide won't be too long, since unfortunately there is only 5 weapons in the game that are straight swords with thrusting moveset.

    Those five weapons are:
    . Foot soldier sword
    . Short sword
    . Sun Sword
    . Fume Sword
    . Ashen Warrior Sword

    I love straight swords with full thrusting moveset! What build should I use for full potential?

    Quality build, 40 DEX, 40 STR. Don't even think about it. Unless you're a hexer or some kind of mage. We will discuss this later.

    Ok, give me the numbers and data.

    First and foremost, ditch the foot soldier sword. With a D in STR and E in DEX and a horrible durability, it is out shinned by everything. Let's not even talk about infusions, unless it's mundane.

    The sun sword is absolutely the best. At least for physical builds. At 40/40 with Ring of Blades +2 and +10 upgrade, it deals 582 damage on full contact thrust, nothing to shrug at, specially keeping in mind it's a short sword. DO NOT INFUSE IT OR I WILL PERSONALLY HUNT YOU. Infusing it in almost any way destroys it's A/A scaling, and you only get one by character!

    The Short Sword is the poor man alternative to Sun Sword. Easy to get at the begging, it has a C/C scaling and can deal 305 on a 40/40 build (No ring of blades, I haven't tested it, sorry).
    Now, answering the obvious question: Should I infuse it?
    I don' think so... It is the second highest physical damage after the sun sword, which is a absolute pain to get (20 sunlight medals in 2021, good luck lol), and also, there is a better sword for the job.

    The ashen warrior sword is the sword for all infusions, except dark, poison and enchanted. It can also be a interesting dex build.
    The ashen warrior sword doesn't lose that much damage or scaling upon infusions and gains 130 AR and C scaling on almost everything. The shortsword is better, but remember it loses it's physical damage upon infusion. So, this the one for pure mages/clerics and other weird lifeforms.
    You can also try to do a dex build with it's bleed damage and the crest of blood. However... Bleed builds in ds2.... Mmmmm, no bueno.

    The fume sword is fine for a HEX/DEX build. At 40 dex, 36 INT, 36 faith with ring of blades +2, dark clucth ring and +5 upgrade, it deals 528 damage on full contact thrust which is quite nice. It has a nice S scaling in Dex which gets absolutely trashed upon dark infusion so DON'T.
    The big issue with this sword is the late obtention and the costly upgrade, while hexers have way more broken options (Looking at chu, chaos blade). Also it consumes more stamina than any other straight thrust sword, but it has a higher crit counter and more range. Your decision.

    Honorable mentions:

    Puzzling stone sword. While it doesn't have full thrusting moveset, it does have a long thrust (2nd heavy attack) and it only requires 7 str and 6 dex, while having a nice S scaling in dex. Also, it is pretty unusual, has unparryable attacks, and most people don't know too much about it. Sp00ky.

    Dishonorable mentions:

    Heide knight sword. Imagine being a average weapon whose only specific purpose is out shinned by another weapon... Yes, it does have a thrust on it's 2nd heavy attack but... The heide sword, when infused with lighting, not only loses a lot of physical of damage but also gains too little lighting damage. The ashen warrior outshines it unfortunately.

    Personal rant:

    Why does every single straight thrusting sword has a poking attack after rolling? Couldn't they give us a single sword with pokes AND a slashing attack after roll? Do they know how annoying it is to try to punish a obvious move by rolling and attacking only to be frustrated by a poke?!

    Welp, this has been all. Go have some fun and enjoy one of the most underrated, underrepresented type of weapon.

    submitted by /u/Slav_knight
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be using the wiki more?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:15 AM PST

    Howdy! Dark Souls 2 is the second Soulsborne game I've gone ham in deciding to beat. With these games I always want to make sure I beat all the bosses and see every area. I'd like to do this the first go around since I wanna hop straight to Dark Souls III after this and I don't have as much time to do a NG+. I also wanna make sure I see the DLC. The only problem is my friend said getting to the DLC is confusing and you have to find hidden keys to get there. I'm on Drangelic Castle right now. Will I be able to find these keys further on? I don't even know what the keys are, I have a few in my inventory that I haven't used but then there's all the doors that require the ring of the King...

    Basically should I be using the wiki to find out how to access the DLC? I've only been using it when I'm fighting a boss and wanna know his weak attritubes out the gate instead of testing it out. I'd like to spend hours testing and finding out what the right thing is but I'm not a kid anymore and I don't have as much time to play as I once did.

    submitted by /u/Grognak_the_Orc
    [link] [comments]

    Lud and Zallen Help

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:57 AM PST

    Anyone willing to help me with these nerds? PC SM 5,236,704

    submitted by /u/C4MP3
    [link] [comments]

    Alonne bow farming

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:54 AM PST

    Hey all. I'm not an experienced souls player I've played through ds1 till ornestein and smough and dropped it there when I accidentally smacked my TV after I died (I swear I didn't throw my controller if you want I can tell you the whole story) and played through DS2 till the smelter demon (which I hate with all of my heart) and stopped at it cause I fucking hate his wonky ass hitboxes and I was playing a tank build so I didn't have any adaptability. After I bought the new TV I dropped them cause I had to play monster Hunter world dlc since it's my favourite series. I decided to try again a couple of days back with a new playtrough of DS2 and I was SET to get an alone bow in order to have some mixed options to kite mobs and clear areas easily however I basically farmed out ALL OF THE AREA without even dropping it once. It's so frustrating.

    I had equipped both the gold snake ring +1 and the mask that boost your dropping chances. Zero. Now what are my options? If I join the champion pact will they respawn or do I really have to use an ascetic? Cause I really don't fucking want to fight smelter again. Are there any other ways to increase my dropping chances or any other way to obtain that fucking bow?

    Keep in mind I'm playing on PS3 vanilla without any dlc.

    Also sorry for my English I'm Italian lol

    submitted by /u/Who_Reads_A_Fool
    [link] [comments]

    Are the boss souls required for the the platinum?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 12:45 AM PST

    I only have the sunken King DLC left on my NG run of scholar of the first sin. I'll definitely try to platinum the game. Haven't looked up any guides since i like the ng run to be as fresh as possible so my question is should i save the boss souls or consume them for a slight level bump to help me in the ng+ run?

    submitted by /u/vishal-2698
    [link] [comments]

    Cracked Red Eye Orb

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:25 AM PST

    Does anyone know why I can't use the cracked red eye orbs? When I go to use them it won't let me. I'm in the brotherhood of the blood covenant

    submitted by /u/PimpleMyShrimple
    [link] [comments]

    Dark souls 2 has the toughest, fastest most deadly crystal lizards.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 04:21 PM PST

    Any advice? What's your best method for getting them?

    If I'm lucky flame swathe works. Some of my characters don't have attunement and it feels the lizards Evade arrows, spells, bombs, damn near all movesets from weapons and I miss and/or break my arm swinging right in front of them.

    submitted by /u/Werewolf_Droid
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment