• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 27, 2021

    Dark Souls 2 SPOILER: I beat Dark Souls II for the first time and tracked how many times I died

    Dark Souls 2 SPOILER: I beat Dark Souls II for the first time and tracked how many times I died


    SPOILER: I beat Dark Souls II for the first time and tracked how many times I died

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 06:52 AM PST

    Hi everyone! A few months ago I posted my first run through of Dark Souls and how many times I died and now I am here to share my results after 70 hours of exploring Dark Souls II! Here we go:

    Things Betwixt: 7

    Majula: 6

    Forest Of Fallen Giants: 26 The Last Giant: 0 The Pursuer: 14

    Heide's Tower Of Flame: 17 Dragonrider: 0 Old Dragonslayer: 1

    No-Man's Wharf: 0 Flexile Sentry: 0

    Lost Bastille: 24 Ruin Sentinels: 4

    Belfry Luna: 6 Belfry Gargoyles: 1

    Sinners' Rise: 0 Lost Sinner: 0

    Shaded Woods: 5 Scorpioness Najka: 0

    Doors Of Pharros: 0 Royal Rat Authority: 0

    Brightstone Cove Tseldora: 9 Prowling Magus/Congregation: 1 Duke's Dear Freya: 0

    Huntsman's Corpse: 0 Skeleton Lords: 0

    Harvest Valley: 9

    Earthen Peak: 8 Covetous Demon: 0 Mytha, The Beautiful Queen: 1

    Iron Keep: 14 Smelter Demon: 10 Old Iron King: 1

    Undead Purgatory: 4 Executioner's Chariot: 2

    Belfry Sol: 0

    Grave Of Saints: 1 Royal Rat Vanguard: 0

    The Gutter: 14

    Black Gulch: 8 The Rotten: 0

    Drangelic Castle: 2 Dragonriders: 0

    King's Passage: 2 Looking Glass Knight: 0

    Shrine Of Amana: 11 Demon Of Song: 3

    Undead Crypt: 4 Velstadt: 1 King Vendrick: 2

    Aldia's Keep: 4 Guardian Dragon: 0

    Dragon Aerie: 1

    Dragon Shrine: 6 Ancient Dragon: 1

    Shulva, Sunken City: 9

    Dragon's Sanctum: 14

    Cave Of The Dead: 4 Cerrah/Vaarg/Graverobber: 7

    Dragon's Rest: 0 Elana, The Squalid Queen: 6 Sinh, The Slumbering Dragon: 2

    Brume Tower: 23 Fume Knight: 56

    Memory Of The Old Iron King: 4 Sir Alonne: 4

    Iron Passage: 6

    Frozen Eleum Loyce: 15 Aava, The King's Pet: 5

    Frigid Outskirts: 2 Lud & Zallen, The King's Pets: 2

    Grand Cathedral: 0

    The Old Chaos: 6 Burnt Ivory King: 6

    Memory Of Jeigh: 0 Giant Lord: 0

    Memory Of Orro: 0

    Memory Of Vammar: 0

    Throne Of Want: 0 Throne Watcher & Defender: 1 Nashandra: 2 Aldia, Scholar Of The First Sin: 1

    TOTAL: 405

    My fiancee asked me about dinner once during my run and I turned my head and got attacked. So I added one to the total.

    I don't get the hate this game gets. I didn't like it as much as I liked Dark Souls or Sekiro but overall I did enjoy this one.

    Let me know what you guys think! Dark Souls III is up next and now that I finally got a PS5, Demon Souls and Bloodborne will be after!

    EDIT: A comment below reminded me - I accidentally joined the Champions Covenant right when I got to Majula not knowing what it did and couldn't figure out why I was getting my ass kicked so much in the early game.

    submitted by /u/TBlueshirtsV22
    [link] [comments]

    Dark Souls 2: SOFTS is the hardest game in the Souls series

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 11:21 PM PST

    Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin edition is honestly the hardest Souls game that I've played without a doubt. I have played the heck out of the Dark Souls games and Demon's Souls for an entire decade (not Bloodborne though because I dont have a PS4), beating every single DLC, optional area and boss multiple times using different builds and on different NG's.

    The reason for DS2:SOTFS being the hardest is mainly the much bigger emphasis on ganks; whereas in the other games you would come across a couple of enemies in the exact same spot, in DS2: SOFTS you could get mobbed by 4-5 enemies in the exact same spot, and not just weak naked hollows, but also stronger enemies. Even the bosses are gank overload; you thought fighting two gargoyles in Dark Souls was hard? Well DS2 makes you fight SIX!

    Other reasons: Slowest estus chugging making it hardest to heal in a fight, adaptability stat making you have to invest levels just to get normal rolling i-frames, it has the most bullshit hitboxes in the series, it has mini-bosses thrown into the levels which the other games don't and the health reduction penalty for dying can eventually leave you at 5% hp (normally it will cap at 50% though but that's still less than DS3 which is about 70% unemebered).

    Overall I think that DS2: SOTFS is the hardest if you play everything in it including the DLC's and optional levels (Iron Passage and Frigid Outskirts are absolutely brutal). In short I believe it is harder to platinum than the other games.

    submitted by /u/LoreHuntre
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Drangleic 2021 - WHEN?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 09:04 AM PST

    Haven't played DS2:SotFS for nearly 2 years... Now, I'm watching this video and really starting to miss it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIJHqCpvrRY

    When is return to drangleic planned this year? Haven't found any info.

    P.S. Feb 12 would be cool cause my shift ends that day + it's also friday. I think back in 2019 it was friday too.

    I remember buying lots of snacks and having such a great time helping newbies in Heide's Tower of Flame with my naked and fat, ugly ass characters. There were lots of montages of this event coming out on youtube too. Great memories...

    submitted by /u/Akelov
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular Boss Opinion Thread: I enjoy the Throne Watcher and Throne Defender Boss fight, what's yours?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 10:53 AM PST

    I find the fight to not be terribly difficult, the missing lore behind the two characters always keeps me fascinated, and I really feel like the game needed them to have lore instead of leaving the boss fight in there with no lore to speak of. I know they are compared to Ornstein and Smough a lot, but I don't think that was the Devs intention.

    submitted by /u/Jedi-Guy
    [link] [comments]

    How the FUCK do you beat Armoror Dennis at Iron Keep

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 01:51 PM PST

    It's my first playthrough of DS2 and I've completed both DS1 and 3 through. This is my first time with a sorcerer build character and so far I've breezed through the game. But I'm absolutely stumped by Armoror Dennis at Iron Keep. I didn't fight him the first time round earlier in the game because it wasn't necessary to progress, but now that I seemingly have to fight him, I can't see a way forward. What do I do fellow sunbros?

    submitted by /u/Bana-nice
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone willing to help? PS4

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 09:38 AM PST

    Doing my first run of the game and im stuck in the iron keep/game lol any help would be awesome

    submitted by /u/twitch829
    [link] [comments]

    Boss you died the most to?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 06:32 PM PST

    Which boss did you guys die the most to?

    For me it probably goes something like this:

    1. Ivory King
    2. Aava
    3. Sir Alonne
    4. Fume Knight

    And way way way way beyond these guys, maybe even more deaths than all of them combined

    1. Ruin Sentinels

    Honestly though, Ruin Sentinels is the only soulsborne boss that has ever actually made me take a break from the game. It walled me soooo hard. 20% of my deaths was me failing the jump to the door so that doesn't help.

    submitted by /u/Protagonist0012
    [link] [comments]

    Getting ready for NG+

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 11:54 AM PST

    After taking care of some last minute NG farming/shopping, I'm about to finally venture into NG+ for the first time (which is crazy considering the number of NG playthroughs I've done over the years).

    I'm told I can look forward to added enemies and a more challenging playthrough. Anything else I should know before jumping in? Outside of new enemies, upgraded rings locked behind bosses, and new merch from the NPCs are there any missable items just lying around the world?

    submitted by /u/souls37
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to get around the god awful run up to Darklurker?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 11:41 AM PST

    I mean being forced to fight 3 extremely tankey phantoms that do massive damage before every attempt is so awful. This is actually making him the worst and most unfun boss in the game. At least with the awful DLC smelter demon run up you could actually run past them to the boss room but here you're forced to kill them all to get past. Is there any way around this because its actually ruining the fight.

    submitted by /u/HelicopterGod
    [link] [comments]

    how should i prep for a ng+ no death

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 10:57 AM PST

    i just did a no bonfire run and im wondering what kinda prep i should do for a no death.

    im definitely gonna get havels set maxed and be a greatshield caster

    submitted by /u/wisecracker1023
    [link] [comments]

    Softlock shaded woods entrance?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 04:51 AM PST

    Im at the first bonfire in the circular room with the dwarf, for some reason the door up the stairs wont reopen and i can't pull either switch, what gives?

    submitted by /u/Big_Tangelo312
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a specific order I should do the side-quests in?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 10:17 AM PST

    I want to get all the side quest-inherite equipment tropheis I've just beat The Last Giant is it like Dark Souls 1 where you talk to the wrong NPC once and the entire side-quest is fucked?

    submitted by /u/BurntMacarons
    [link] [comments]

    Bonfire Aescetic question

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 09:48 AM PST

    So I've killed the Old Iron King right. If I use an aescetic at the Iron Keep to farm the knights, will that negate my progress of the lord souls, as in will I have to fight OIK again?

    submitted by /u/OoooohYes
    [link] [comments]

    What's the strongest greatsword in the game?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 09:47 AM PST

    Hey guys, I only recently started using slower/heavier weapons, and I think I finally got used to the Greatsword (No Man's Wharf). Right now it's +10. I was wondering, can I make it any stronger with infusions? My strength and dex are both 40 - would infusing it with Raw make it stronger?

    Perhaps more importantly, what is the strongest greatsword in the game? Looking for something with the same animations/attacks as the greatsword, but looking for highest damage output possible. This is for SoTFS for PS4. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/deathkreator18
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to remove the Undead curse effect without using a Human Effigy?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 09:39 AM PST

    The Undead Curse looks cool all that but do you have to use a Human Effigy everytime to remove the effect? because I want to just play as the character I created not a zombie.

    submitted by /u/BurntMacarons
    [link] [comments]

    Change my mind

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 09:31 AM PST

    Dark souls 2 is an excellent game with shit mechanics, change my mind

    submitted by /u/Orsntein_Smough
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Smelter Demon and Fume Knight (XB1)

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 08:25 AM PST

    Could someone help me with these 2 bosses? I would appreciate it lol. Soul lvl 4,171,870.

    GT: Scarecrowgame76 feel free to ibm on Xbox. 😊

    submitted by /u/Doug_White9114
    [link] [comments]

    if someone could give me some souls it’ll be helpful

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 08:10 AM PST

    i am going to the platinum and i need some souls to help me

    submitted by /u/naif9090ad
    [link] [comments]

    DS2 armour

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 06:28 AM PST

    What's your opinion on DS2 armour?

    From my experience and several different people I talked with, armour is completely worthless. The damage reduction is minimal and you'll just waste levels on VIT. Poise is the only positive, but only if you're using hyper armour of large weapons. But you can get that from ADP+END. It's also a much better deal as having 33 of each (ADP softcap giving you 13 iFrames) gives you 9.6 poise. Then you can just put on some fashion armour and have enough poise to poise through most things in the game.

    Also considering that every equip load percentage matters in DS2 it gets even worse.

    EDIT: I'm not talking about stacking elemental defence to become immune to one specific element. I mean armour in normal gameplay, to function against regular enemies and tank all damage

    submitted by /u/Antekpjk
    [link] [comments]

    Vendrick

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 12:23 AM PST

    I gathered all of the Giant Souls from the memories, I think I have 5 but for the sake of this post let's say I have 4. I've heard that each one you get half his defence but with a +10 ugs I'm still only doing 140 - 150 per hit...is that normal or am I still missing something?

    submitted by /u/Ginger_Kiddo
    [link] [comments]

    For people who enjoy this game, how do you do it????

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 04:43 AM PST

    I wanna start by saying that I love the souls games, DS1 and DS3 are probably my fav games ever. I recently finished a SL1 run of DS3 and I actually had a lot of fun with it. I've also beaten Sekiro and Bloodborne.

    However, I started a DS2 run for the first time a couple days ago, and so far I just don't get it... I really want to enjoy this game but things like the boss run to Executioner's Chariot feel just unnecessarily frustrating, like its designed to piss you off. That's something that I've never felt with a Souls game before.

    Some other things that feel off to me are having to upgrade a stat for rolling i-frames, the overall sluggishness of all my characters movements, and the hitboxes that seem to be totally random.

    I'm sure there are reasons to love DS2, but does anyone have any suggestions about how I might be able to improve my time with this game. I really do want to finish it, but I don't know if I just have the wrong attitude at the moment.

    TL;DR - DS2 is testing my patience, what made you enjoy the game?

    submitted by /u/candyll
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment