• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 3, 2020

    Dark Souls Why wont Sif let us fight the 4 kings even tho she is aware we are the ones who slew Manus

    Dark Souls Why wont Sif let us fight the 4 kings even tho she is aware we are the ones who slew Manus


    Why wont Sif let us fight the 4 kings even tho she is aware we are the ones who slew Manus

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 05:48 AM PST

    If we beat Artorias DLC before killing Sif and taking the Covenant of Artorias ring so we can walk in the abyss we will get an alternative cutscene where Sif genuinely cares about us and doesnt see us as a common grave robber but still fights us to prevent us from traversing the abyss and possibly ending up like Artorias. This was always stupid to me because she is more than aware of Chosen Undeads true power and knows that we are the ones who slew Manus aka the dude who spawned the abyss when he got enraged. It just doesnt make sense to me why wouldnt she let us go there and kill the four kings since traversing the abyss is a much lesser feat than killing the person who spawned it not to mention by how much four kings are weaker than Manus.

    submitted by /u/Wolfinsk
    [link] [comments]

    I am currently at the bonfire at the bottom of blighttown.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 08:48 AM PST

    I don't mean in the game, I beat it a week ago. I mean it metaphorically like my life currently feels somewhat like it...

    (Hope this isn't cringy)

    submitted by /u/xbirch_penguin556
    [link] [comments]

    I FINALLY beat O&S

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 12:15 AM PST

    Okay so about 2 years ago I got DSR for the PS4. I enjoyed my first bling play through just sticking with the drake sword and throwing stats anywhere I felt like at that specific time. It was all good fun, dying and dying until I moved on to the next stage until I got to O&S...

    I think I threw myself at them about a hundred times solo before finally calling it quits on that character. I chalked it all up to no real stat allocation, not great knowledge of many many different mechanics, and it was a completely blind run, with only minimal tips from friends.

    So I began a new run through. Things are going well, focusing on strength, I think I picked up a black knight weapon and stuck with that. I'm moving through the game much faster now, things that held me up a lot like the gargoyles and blighttown were much easier (although still difficult for a first time player with no experience in this style of rpg's) but I still can't get O@S solo.

    note I don't pay for play station online services. Don't even know what it's called really, my play station I use for single player games. Just general couch stuff really. Okay back to the story

    So I decide to try a det build next at the advice of a friend. Things go well but STILL I can't get past O&S. Not long after that I get my first Xbox and get into battle royale games with friends, just pubg and apex but they absolutely consume my life and I completely forget about dark souls for a long time...

    Now recently I saw some footage of Demon Souls on the PS5 and remembered how I left things with DSR. I decided a few days ago enough is enough. I'm doing it this time!

    So I start another dex build, uchigatana +5, heater shield +5, low equip load for fast roll, I start researching stat allocation more and I'm feeling good.

    Today I got to Anor Londo, get through it and stop at the pearly gates of my own personal hell ready to call it a night. I figure I'll do some research on O&S and take them on another day. Well one thing leads to another and I realize a mechanic I have never used is npc co-op... sun boy.

    I can't believe I've never tried it with him before! Instantly I google how to use him, reverse hollowing, and summon him to fight. I'll just give it ONE go tonight to ease some of my fears about returning to the two assholes tomorrow.

    My strategy going in was kill O first because S's attacks are easier to dodge right? But SUN BOY DECIDES TO OBLITERATE S WAYYYYYY TOO FAST.

    Next thing I know O gets all huge and is running around and I'm panicking. "Well I never expected to win this tonight but I'll just give it my best shot"

    O takes out sun boy and I'm left with a nearly full hp big and tall O with my humble uchi and 6 estus left

    But all of a sudden I'm landing hits! Successfully dodging and blocking when necessary. I'm getting him low and I start to sweat "oh god this could be it!!"

    My wife is rolling her eyes so damn hard ... she doesn't get what these bastards have done to me...

    Before I know it O falls to my mighty blade and I see big tiddy lady for the first time ever!! I'm so elated and she gives me this lordvessel and say "you can warp now lmao"

    I'm actually hollering with excitement, my wife turns to me and says "nice..."

    And then we shower and climb into bed, where I write this now. Never give up hope, the satisfaction is worth the effort.

    submitted by /u/nathanshef
    [link] [comments]

    First Souls playthrough, died 200+ times to Artorias trying to kill him without getting hit

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 06:11 AM PST

    So I've been glued to the first dark souls recently and been playing it for a while now (60 hours). I had just reached Artorias when I made a bet with a friend of mine and said: hey man look, if you get all the way to artorias before I can kill him without getting hit, I'll get you some booze. If I can kill him though, I get it instead. Now guess what, I lost the bet xd He made a speedrun through NG+ and got to Artorias, then I realized I had invested so much effort into killing him already, that I just kept going for it. And I did it! Incredible feeling, also I saved it so I could share it with my friend and uploaded it to youtube. (Dark Souls Remastered DLC - Artorias (No Damage)) If you have any tips for a dex guy, I'm all ears. Currently have: Uchi+13, Grass Crest Shield+5, Wanderer Set (badass) and FAP + Havel's Ring.

    I'm atm fighting Manus waiting anxiously for ds2. There's something about this universe so luring and provocative in many different ways, hope it lives up to the hype I've built up. Praise the Sun!

    submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Tax_917
    [link] [comments]

    Do yous ever feel like restarting mid game

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 03:14 AM PST

    I'm past o and s and at this point I was a strength main, but pyros really good, so I feel like quitting and restarting to reinvest my points, do you's have any stories of reaching this point too?

    submitted by /u/itsagundog
    [link] [comments]

    Lost isalith is the worst area in the gane

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 11:46 PM PST

    And that's a fact

    submitted by /u/ZiggieTheKitty
    [link] [comments]

    dark souls for the switch

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 06:39 AM PST

    i just got dark souls remastered for the switch. well my dad got it for me and my brother but i beat the undead asylum without dying ONCE! its awesome and i'm at firelink and i had so many souls but the skeletons killed me again and again and i lost all the souls.thinking of doing a thief for high dex. is dex useful for dodging? no matter i got dark souls now i can say git gud to people.

    submitted by /u/Which_Statement
    [link] [comments]

    I JUST PLATINUMED THE GAME!!!

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 08:09 AM PST

    That's all, thank you!

    submitted by /u/filmorebuttz
    [link] [comments]

    What should I name my cat?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 07:09 AM PST

    I'm planning on getting a kitten soon and I want to name it after something from my favorite game series of all time. Anyone have any good suggestions (the Cat is female) I'm open to suggestions related to any of the three Dark Souls games

    submitted by /u/Zombie_Pineapple
    [link] [comments]

    Siegmeyer...

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 05:09 AM PST

    I completed Siegmeyer's questline...

    Well jeez...walking into Ash Lake where this monumental music starts to play, with moments of silence, and this huge plane of emptiness lies before you. And in the corner...there lays old Siegmeyer, Sieglinde above him.

    "My father...all hollow now...has been subdued. He will cause no more trouble."

    Devastating

    submitted by /u/DarkWitcherReturns
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite and least favorite boss fight?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 12:09 AM PST

    In terms of fun, not difficulty what is your favorite and least favorite bosses?

    submitted by /u/Spoodermen1
    [link] [comments]

    I wish there was a Priscilla armor set

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 09:06 PM PST

    She's sooo beautiful and ethereal and soft and sweet and- I wish I could have her soft silky dress </3 :(

    submitted by /u/bnzng
    [link] [comments]

    Poison Darty Bois

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 07:59 AM PST

    Le me : Zweihander +3, spider shield, ninja wear

    Le place : Blighttown bridge bonfire

    Le problem : I can't really hit anything with my zweihander

    Should I be using my drake sword instead? Or does anyone have a tip that would make hitting stuff with a zweihander easier against these fast guys? I can't even go full pancake on them :(

    submitted by /u/NewHondaOwner
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat dark souls for the first time, heres the list from most trouble to least i had with the bosses

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 07:55 AM PST

    O&S - This was the boss I had the most trouble with, it was a fun fight but damn did it take me long

    Moonlight butterfly - This one was also pretty hard, but that was because I fought it when I had no idea how to two hand, and was pretty underleveled (fought it before gargoyles)

    Chaos Witch Queelag - This is the boss that taught me i had to roll, fun fight but took a little while.

    Capra Demon - This boss was just annoying ngl, always got hit at the start to the dogs then wombo comboed to death, didnt take too long but it was definitely hard.

    Gwyn Lord of Cinder - This boss was hard.. until i learned i could parry him, once i saw i could, it was pretty easy but getting up to that point took a little while.

    Dark Sun Gwyndolin - This boss was really fun, the annoying part was the walk back, but you could just teleport from the archives so it was fine, got one shot quite a lot.

    Taurus Demon - This guy was only hard because of my lack of experience, had no idea how to roll, block, plunge attack, but other than that it was not too bad.

    Four Kings - Another boss that the walk to was annoying, not a terrible boss when I found out it was just a dps check.

    Great Grey Wolf Sif - One of my favourite bosses, loved the design and fight, wasnt too hard but definitely fun.

    Ceaseless Discharge - This was just a dumb boss, wasnt too hard to cheese it, was just an annoying boss in general though.

    Demon Firesage - Pretty much same as stray demon, just a little higher because of the walk to it

    Stray Demon - Had a slightly tough time with this guy since i was wearing heavy armour, but when I switched to lighter armour I beat it so not too bad.

    Bed Of Chaos - This boss was extremely easy, just had to destroy some chains then one shot it, took a couple tries of dying to falling but didnt take long at all, loved the design of it.

    Centipede Demon - Pretty simple boss, only died a couple times to the lava.

    Gaping Dragon - This guy had a really cool design, but he was quite an easy boss, really slow and not a ton of damage.

    Nito - Really simple boss, just needed divine weapon for the skeleton dudes he pops out, but fairly easy to dodge all his attacks, only died to getting glitched in the roof from his grab.

    Then heres the bosses I did in one try

    Pinwheel - Fought this guy when i was extremely overleveled, two shot him.

    Crossbreed Priscilla - had no idea how to fight this lady until i saw the footprints, extremely creative mechanic.

    Seath The Scaleless - didnt do a ton of damage and didnt have a lot of health, not a whole lot to say about him.

    Iron Golem - was really relieved this guy was really easy since the fortress was quite annoying.

    Bell Gargoyle - These guys were really simple, not much else to say about them.

    Asylum Demon - not counting the beginning where you had to run past him, pretty much just tutorial boss.

    Thats all the bosses I fought I think, used a Halberd the entire time from when i got it, really glad I was able to play this game and beat it, thank you for reading :)

    submitted by /u/Ghostdragon2000
    [link] [comments]

    Connection?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 07:22 AM PST

    I used to play dark souls with my Canadian friend. I live in the usa, and we used to connect fine. Dark souls remastered or dark souls 3 we did fine. All of a sudden our servers can't seem to let us join each other in any dark souls, and when a friend tries getting both of us in his world, it kicks the other summon out. I've tried restarting my xbox, internet, and the game multiple times. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

    submitted by /u/trainheartnet14
    [link] [comments]

    POSSIBLE HOT TAKE:

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 01:11 AM PST

    The Tomb of the Giants is one of the best areas in the game.

    It creates a level of terror not present in any other area. And the process of descending deeper and deeper into the dark cavern is unforgettable. I feel like it does what Blight town was doing, but better. The experience just adds a lot to the game.

    submitted by /u/MongoloidDoctor
    [link] [comments]

    What's the worst thing that's happened to you while playing Dark Souls?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 03:14 PM PST

    Misery loves company.

    Took me forever to get down Blighttown. Fought Mildred and did okay. The boss wrecked me time after time. Used all my humanity to reverse hallow so I could summon Mildred and she was worthless (just like me). Finally beat Quelaag. Hallelujah! Went down and accidentally attacked the Egghead dude. He's aggro'd. Thought my game was done but looked up online that I can pay souls and repent. Figured I'd use the souls I just earned beating the boss but died twice on my way back to Firelink and lost those souls. Ugh. Ended up looking around Blighttown and got cursed. Finally made it back to Firelink with half health and an ugly egg for a head and can't light the bonfire. Farmed for an hour to pay off my debt at the chapel and buy a purge stone. I hate this game. But also love it.

    What's your story?

    submitted by /u/kendahlj
    [link] [comments]

    All Gwyn challenge run by Challenger Andy

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 06:54 AM PST

    Streaming all 3 games on Twitch, would love if anyone could stop by!

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 10:22 PM PST

    Tl:dr - Streaming Dark Souls at twitch.tv/s1tu810n, just want a bigger audience to hang out with, details at the bottom. :)

    Hey all! I don't usually like to self promo on Reddit but it doesn't seem this sub has any rules or expectations against it. Hope I'm not hated lol.

    Anyways, I'm a pretty small streamer (>10 subs) but I've been told by a few guests to the stream that I could likely get a lot bigger if I promoted more, so I'm trying that!!

    I'm currently playing through all 3 Dark Souls games in order. I just got the Lord vessel in this one. I'm having a BLAST playing it on stream but I would love for more people to come hang out.

    To clarify, I am NOT asking for subs. I stream because I like to entertain people, and a follow or just stopping in to check it out would mean the world to me. No sub needed.

    I stream Tuesdays and Saturdays from 7-10 pm EST at twitch.tv/s1tu810n. I have two cats that join me on stream regularly and even a special camera for them. Excited to hopefully see some new faces!

    submitted by /u/S1tu810n
    [link] [comments]

    Bonfire to boss, worst run

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 10:22 PM PST

    After dieing at a boss, which has the worst run back from the bonfire? I'll throw a vote down for Seath with honorable mentions going out to Nito and Gwyn. If anyone ever died to Pinwheel, that might suck too.

    submitted by /u/Killuminati_19
    [link] [comments]

    I had a nightmare about the Anor Londo archers

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 05:11 PM PST

    So I dreamed I was lying chilling and relaxed in my bed, at night, when a dragonslayer arrow breaks the glass of my window and the bed penetrating it from side to side (without harming me) and creating a huge crashing sound upon hitting.

    That was how it started, I was absolutely terrified. After that I took cover half naked on the floor by my bed.

    While I crawled down the bed I watched out the window and saw the shooters on the roof of the building in front of the one where I live (I'm in an attic).

    It was night and I couldn't see anything except some creepy dark shilouettes, but from the arrows (and from that weird knowledge you have in your dreams even when it makes no sense) I knew it was them.

    I could see them but for an instant tho because immediatly after I was on the floor and a second arrow was crushing through the wall and literally exploding (kind of like the Millwood arrow from ds3, but smaller and whitout delay) in my room.

    They didn't got me and I remember laying (still in the dream) on the floor terrified for quite a bit. I don't remember if the shooting started again or I just repeated the dream, but I'm pretty sure the arrows happened again quite a few times.

    The most terrifying thing was the sounds. The sounds of the bow firing and the arrows hitting (just like in the game) but also the sounds of everything around me just being utterly destroyed.

    Now I'm going to sleep again, I hope I don't dream about Capra dogs

    Edit: typos

    submitted by /u/Gianbattista_Vico
    [link] [comments]

    Amy he want to play through DS1 on PS4 with me.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 02:39 AM PST

    Hi reader, I hope you're doing well.

    I'm looking for someone to run through Dark Souls 1 with me. I made it as far as Anor Londo with my old character but I messed up my build and need to start again.

    As such I'd like to start a new character and bring someone along with me who hasn't played a lot of DS1 or like me is relatively new to DS1.

    submitted by /u/RubberDucksickle
    [link] [comments]

    I beat Ornstein and Smough for the first time!

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 02:56 PM PST

    I've enjoyed all the boss fights in this game so far, but this one was on another level entirely. I'm still shivering from the adrenaline rush! I'm kinda sad that the next time I fight O&S, it's not going to be as thrilling, but hopefully there are similarly awesome boss fights in the other souls/sekiro games.

    EDIT: Forgot to link the obligatory victory image :-)

    submitted by /u/demonrend
    [link] [comments]

    can someone send me darksoulsremastered.exe thumbnail?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 12:21 AM PST

    im really corious what thing is on darksoulsremastered.exe i can only blurry picture, so can someone comment darksoulsremastered.exe thumbnail picture link?

    submitted by /u/ratfries
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment